• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tead Rededium

Redworthy

Pokémon Master
Team Rededium

Rededium
(Working Title)

This team can be lead by either Fire or Water

Spr_5b_157_s.png

Typhlosion
Nature: Modest | Ability: Blaze | Item: Choice Scarf
Moves: Eruption / Falmethrower / SolarBeam / Hidden Power (Ground)
EVs: 4 HP | 0 Atk | 0 Def | 252 SpA | 0 SpD | 252 Spe

I chose Typhlosion because he's my favorite Pokemon, he HAS to stay! Plus his Fire type moves will be boosted AND SloarBeam will be 1-turn

Spr_5b_038_s.png

Ninetales
Nature: Hasty | Ability: Drought | Item: Focus Sash
Moves: Flamethrower / Nasty Plot / Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power (Ice)

Ninetales is here for drought. It'll boost up fire type moves and make, SolarBeam a 1-turn move and will ALSO work with Venusar's Chlorophyll ability making it's speed raise

Spr_5b_003_m_s.png

Venusaur
Nature: Modest | Ability: Chlorophyll | Item: Life Orb
Moves: Sleep Powder / Energy Ball / Sludge Bomb / Growth
EVs: 4 HP | 0 Atk | 0 Def | 252 SpA | 0 SpD |252 Spe

Venusar's speed will be raised by sun (From Ninetale's Drought ability) meaing it will be able to use Sleep Powder quickly which will knock-out the opponents Pokemon for long enough for them to be taken down

Spr_5b_461_m_s.png

Weavile
Nature: Jolly | Ability: Pressure | Item: Expert Belt
Moves: Fake Out / Ice Punch / Night Slash / Low Kick
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 0 Def | 0 SpA | 0 SpD | 252 Spe

Weavile is used mostly for it's Speed and Fake Out, but it also has Ice Type moves (and STAB) to take out Dragon types

Spr_5b_237_s.png

Hitmontop
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Intimidate | Item: Fight Gem
Moves: Fake Out / Mach Punch / Sucker Punch / Close Combat
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Atk | 0 Def | 0 SpA | 0 SpD | 4 Spe

Hitmontop top is a 'Intimidate Support'. It's ability Intimidate will weaken physical moves (Which helps a lot). It's also has some hard hitting Fighting type moves (Powered up by Fight Gem).

Spr_5b_645_s.png

Landorus
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Sand Force | Item: Normal Gem
Moves: Earthquake / Rock Slide / Explosion / Swords Dance
EVs: 6 HP | 252 Atk | 0 Def | 0 SpA | 0 SpD | 252 Spe

Landorus is a 'Physical Attacker', it uses high powered physical attacks like Earthquake and Explosion. It's main goal is to cause as much damage as possible!

Reserves​
I also have these guys if I fell like changing my team around at any point

Spr_5b_186_m_s.png

Politoed
Nature: Modest | Ability: Drizzle | Item: Leftovers
Moves: Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Perish Song / Hidden Power (Grass)
EVs: 252 HP | 0 Atk | 0 Def | 252 SpA | 0 SpD | 4 Spe

Politoed is the leader of the Water half of the team, he'll start the rain with it's ability Drizzle.

Spr_5b_272_m_s.png

Ludicolo
Nature: Modest | Ability: Swift Swim | Item: Life Orb
Moves: Fake Out / Scald / Giga Drain / Ice Beam

The rain will boost Ludicolo's speed with it's Swift Swim ability, and it will be even higher with EVs in Speed. Scald has a chance to burn the opponent but also works as a strong STAB move. Giga Drain for HP recovery, even better since it's also STAB.

Spr_5b_598_s.png

Ferrothorn
Nature: Relaxed | Ability: Iron Barbs | Item: Leftovers
Moves: Leech Seed / Power Whip / Stealth Rock / Protect
EVs: 252 HP | 0 Atk | 148 Def | 0 SpA | 108 SpD | 0 Spe

Ferrothorn's Iron Barb ability will slowly take opponents HP down, along with Leech Seed Ferrothorn will take down the opponent's HP bit by bit. Stealth Rock will also keep the opponent from switching out, that means Politoed's Perish Song will be more likely to work.

Please help and rate my team, i'd really appreciate it! :D

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
This is defiantly not a competitive team because of the move sets. You are not allowed to use Double team. There is quite a few other things wrong but first you need to expand your descriptions otherwise this will get locked.

Redworthy

Pokémon Master
This is defiantly not a competitive team because of the move sets. You are not allowed to use Double team. There is quite a few other things wrong but first you need to expand your descriptions otherwise this will get locked.

Could you give me help with movesets? I post this here to get HELP, NOT just to get told what I did wrong -_-

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
That Hydreigon set is pretty awful, not gonna lie. Take its Attack EVs and invest them on his Speed. Then give him Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse, Surf, Focus Blast/Fire Blast, and if you can Dark Pulse. Slap a Choice Specs/Scarf or a Life Orb.

Instead of Hydro Pump, Ludicolo should have Ice Beam. Hydro Pump's power decreases because of your Drought.

Are you new to competitive play? Because Double Team is banned in CP, as well as BrightPowder.

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Could you give me help with movesets? I post this here to get HELP, NOT just to get told what I did wrong -_-

I would recommend taking a look at smogon to get a good idea of your typical tiers and to get some ideas of the best functional movesets. Moves like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact have virtually no competetive value. Also, accuracy dropping and evasion boosting moves are banned unless it's a secondary effect of an attack (like Night Daze is acceptable, but Sand Attack isn't).

Once you get more of a general team and a tier theme in mind, it becomes much easier to pick at little things that aren't working and make some patches to the team. And truthfully, the thread can be locked for a lack of descriptions. If you want some more one on one help, my PM is open to help you get started.

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I understand that you are here for help and all, but first you need to at least understand the rules for competitive battling. Knowing things like synergy helps as well when team building. Take silent Omens advice, look through smogon and get an understanding of all the standard stuff. Good move sets for pokemon, using moves that benefit from it's highest stat and not it's lowest. things like that.

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Just a question, is this meant for doubles?

ha ha! I just asked that in their VM. Funny how we are thinking alike! Yes, once I know if it's for doubles or for singles, I think I can help you from that point on :)

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
I'm just going to go ahead and ASSUME it's a doubles team (the sets look doubles to me). Typhlosion will want to pack a choice scarf with Eruption. A modest nature can be chosen since a scarf will boost your speed greatly. A scarf Eruption at full HP right at the start (and under sun) is absolutely brutal!

Ninetales looks like it knows what it's doing. Venusaur may be better with Energy Ball. The only reason I insist on this is because sun is the HARDEST weather war to win. Sludge Bomb can be reconsidered for Hidden Power Fire, Ice or Ground depending on what your threats are (Steels, Dragons or Heatran in respect). Although, some will say a STAB sludge bomb works well on dragons too.

Weavile is another who looks like it knows what it's doing.

Hitmontop for a doubles looks about right too.

Scrafty looks about right for a doubles as well.

As a team... the synergy is starting to show, but you have some common problems. In doubles, threats like Tornadus, Thunderus and Landorus are ever present and annoying as all... ahem moving on. The fact you are running a sun team is also going to be very difficult. Weather wars are difficult to win with sun and the average Rain and Sand teams are going to pose a huge problem. You also have 2 pokemon weak to fighting types and no immediate means to counter them. Some considerations to think of are options to make use of if you lose weather. Landorus can greatly benefit if Tyranitar changes the weather to sand and it can pummel so serious threats.

A bit of thought, but I'm seriously tired (it's 3am here). I'll try again with more useful advice when I wake up. I will be back on the forum *has no life at present*

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
This team looks a lot better now. But that Scrafty seems kind of unnecessary seeing as how you have Weavile and Hitmontop.

Vandslaux

Why Protect on Typhlosion? A Scarfed Protect accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Also, can Venusaur learn Sludge Wave?

Redworthy

Pokémon Master
I changed my team drastically. It now features bot Sun AND Rain, and I think it work pretty well! (But i'd still like your opinion...)

Replace Protect with Nasty Plot for Ninetales.

I would suggest a mixed set for Venusaur since a Special set gets bad coverage.
Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 140 SAtk / 118 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Growth
- SolarBeam / Energy Ball
- Earthquake
- Sleep Powder / Hidden Power [Rock]

Growth in the sun boosts both Attack and Special Attack by two stages each which is awesome. You'll end up with 526 Attack and 596 Special Attack after a Growth. Even if there's no sun, a +1 in each will boost your Attack to 394 and Special Attack to 447. Solarbeam is a 1 turn attack in the sun but 3 turns in the rain. If you're scared of losing the sun, you should go with Energy Ball instead. Earthquake eliminates Poison, Steel, and Fire types. The last set can be tricky. Sleep Powder puts the foe to sleep (although it has 75 accuracy) and allows you to set up Growth 1 or 2 times. Hidden Power [Rock] goes great with Earthquake since it hits Bug and Flying types; two types that wall this set. Although I took some Speed EVs and put it into Attack, you'll still have 550 Speed in the sun which is pretty fast. It outspeeds Scarfed Pokémon that normally have 365 Speed without a Scarf (a Pokémon with 365 Speed with a Scarf would have 547 Speed).
If you're going to stay Special, then I'd suggest replacing Protect with Growth or Hidden Power. Oh and don't forget to put those 252 EVs in Special Attack.

You might want to consider Life Orb on Weavile but you can keep the Expert Belt if you want. Maybe Close Combat on Hitmontop instead of Wide Guard since Wide Guard only protects against multi-hitting moves which are used less in Doubles I think. Put Swords Dance on Landorus and take out Protect (why does everything have that).

Edit:
ninja'd. I see you now have 2 weather starters. I'm not sure if this is such a good idea since Sun weakens Water and Rain weakens Fire. I mean if one half was Sandstorm, I wouldn't mind too much since Sandstorm doesn't make Fire or Water Pokémon any worse.

Last edited:

Redworthy

Pokémon Master
Replace Protect with Nasty Plot for Ninetales.

I would suggest a mixed set for Venusaur since a Special set gets bad coverage.

If you're going to stay Special, then I'd suggest replacing Protect with Growth or Hidden Power. Oh and don't forget to put those 252 EVs in Special Attack.

You might want to consider Life Orb on Weavile but you can keep the Expert Belt if you want. Maybe Close Combat on Hitmontop instead of Wide Guard since Wide Guard only protects against multi-hitting moves which are used less in Doubles I think. Put Swords Dance on Landorus and take out Protect (why does everything have that).

Edit:
ninja'd. I see you now have 2 weather starters. I'm not sure if this is such a good idea since Sun weakens Water and Rain weakens Fire. I mean if one half was Sandstorm, I wouldn't mind too much since Sandstorm doesn't make Fire or Water Pokémon any worse.

I made changes based on your suggestions, I also moved the water guys to 'Reserves' so that I can swap them out with the Fire guys if I want a change up :p