• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team build

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
I've got a team. Any help on bettering it will be appreciated. The format he will be used in is flat rules, doubles. Help?

Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet
Iron Barbs
Ingrain
Iron Head
Power whip
Gyro ball

Carracosta@Chesto Berry
Solid Rock
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Aqua Tail
Rest

Chandelure@Leftovers (?)
Flame Body
Hex
Energy Ball
Fire blast
Sunny day

Zoroark@Life Orb
Illusion
Shadow Ball
Night Daze
Night Slash
Focus Blast

Vanilluxe@?????????
Ice Body
Blizzard
Ice Beam
Mirror Shot
Hail

Hydregion@Persim Berry
Levitate
Outrage
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Surf

Help please??????

Last edited:

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
you need to add Descriptions

Hydreigon wants surf and Flame thrower instead of Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor (depends on what you prefer) Give it Choice specs or a life orb.

Recover is better then Pain Split with Reuniclus Hp stat (not sure).

Ferrothorn wants Gyro Ball and Power whip.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
What do you mean by descriptions? Also, thanks for the flamethrower instead of Dragon pulse. Choice specs good idea also.

Recover, i like that also.

Ferrothorn, thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
my mistake, I was confused with competive.

you have descriptions so that the raters know what you want to do with a pokemon. Do you want to stall or wall with Ferrothorn for example.

bigman82

Shiny Trader
For Ferrothorn I would suggest:
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
-Stealth rock (egg move)
-Leech seed (egg move)
-Toxic
-Ironhead
Stealth rock prevents opponent from switching (unless they want their pokemon to recieve damge). Leech seed helps heal you after every turn. Toxic's damage increases every turn. Ironhead has decent power and has STAB. It also has more PP than gyro ball.
Note: The only way to get a Ferrothorn with leech seed and stealthrock is to get a Turtwig or one of its evolutions from Gen 4 that knows leech seed and stealth rock. I have some extras so I could give you one if you want. Also I dont know how good this set will be in double battles but i know its good in singles. Its probably just as good in doubles.
Also for Chandelure I would replace overheat with energy ball (to take out water types). Overheat also lowers your SpA by 2 stages.
Have fun battling :)

Pokemon Ace

Dragon Master
The Ferrothorn set I'm going to go for, as suggested by another rater on my thread is this:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
• Iron Barbs
• Relaxed (+Def / -Spd)
• 252 HP/48 Def/208 Sp Def
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

> Leech Seed + Leftovers = Recovery over time (Rocky Helmet is still a viable option)
> EVs invested in bulkiness; maximum HP, high Sp Def, some Def (supported by Relaxed nature)
> Gyro Ball is powered up by Ferrothorn's minimal speed (0 speed IVs also helps)
> Power Whip deals massive damage and is fairly accurate

Good luck with the team! =D

BlackPlague

Resident Newbie
For Hydreigon, try:

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Levitate
-Surf
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
Getting rid of Draco Meteor is a good idea, because it absolutely wrecks your pretty nice SpAtt. Outrage is physical, and Hydreigon's SpAtt should be better than its Att. Dragon Pulse for STAB, Flamethrower and Surf for coverage, and Shadow Ball ONLY if you don't want to breed for Dark Pulse, which, unfortunately, is an egg move. Otherwise, Dark Pulse for STAB.

Also, you need a physical attacker, instead of just all Special Sweepers with a wall. Try Archeops.

Archeops @ Nothing
Defeatist
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Acrobatics
Mmmmmm... Tasty QuakeEdge coverage. Crunch is really just a filler. Acrobatics for some nice 110 base power STAB.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Thanks for that, however, the place i need it for is so close, i can't breed. i can only tm or level up moves (move relearner is ok) sorry for not claryfying this in my first post.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
thanks for the archeops idea, reniclus has just gone.
EDIT: LE GASP! I got the cover fossil!!!!! (Damn myself!) Any ideas on carracosta sets?

Last edited:

BlackPlague

Resident Newbie
Sorry it took so long to respond.

thanks for the archeops idea, reniclus has just gone.
EDIT: LE GASP! I got the cover fossil!!!!! (Damn myself!) Any ideas on carracosta sets?

For Carrracosta, how about a staller set?

Carracosta @ Chesto Berry
Solid Rock
-Rest
-Iron Defense
-Toxic
-Earthquake

I know it isn't what you're looking for, but I think it's pretty interesting. Iron Defense for boosting your already semi-high defense, Rest for recovery with a Chesto Berry for support, Toxic for a slow damager, and Earthquake for an attack. An offensive alternative could be

Carracosta @ ?????
Swift Swim
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Shell Smash
-Earthquake/Rock Slide/Stone Edge

You can use those moves pretty interchangeably. I'd keep Rain Dance for the speed boost and Waterfall boost, but you could lose it for QuakeEdge coverage, if you really wanted.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Let's sum up all that has been recommended to me

Hydregion: Surf+Flamethrower instead of Draco Pulse/Draco meteor.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Levitate
-Surf
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
Good idea, however I'm thinking about Persim Berry'd Outrage instead of Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse.

Reniclus:Recover instead of Pain Split

Ferrothorn:Gyro Ball and Power Whip
Set:For Ferrothorn I would suggest:
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
-Stealth rock (egg move)
-Leech seed (egg move)
-Toxic
-Ironhead
I think this is a good idea, however I don't have the time.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
• Iron Barbs
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Same here, good idea, but I don't have time.

Chandelure: Energy Ball over Overheat

Got suggested Archeops, however I had the wrong fossil!!!! I decided for a QuakeEdge Carracosta.

Carracosta:
I got two sets recommended on this one.

Carracosta @ Chesto Berry
Solid Rock
-Rest
-Iron Defense
-Toxic
-Earthquake

This wasn't a physical sweeper, but it did give me the idea of of Persim Berry'd Rest instead of the special Scald (How do I wish that was physical!)

Also I got reccomended this one:
Carracosta @ ?????
Swift Swim
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall
-Shell Smash
-Earthquake/Rock Slide/Stone Edge
This one doesn't work for me because it isn't QuakeEdge and you can't legally get a Swift Swim Carracosta yet, which renders Rain Dance USELESS.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Don't teach Shadow Ball on Hydreigon, as Dark Pulse has STAB, therefore it is stronger.
The additional effect doesn't always occur anyway, so don't base your selection on that.
Also, I suggest using Modest/Timid Nature for a fully Special Hydreigon.

Another possible way to use Hydreigon is by using Crunch instead of the Dark STAB, and use Hasty/Naive Nature.
While it's true that Hydreigon's SAtk is higher than its Atk, it does have a nice usable Atk, and is capable of going Mixed.
Also, making it Mixed means Special Tank/Wall won't completely stops it, and you don't need to breed to get Crunch, as it learns the move through level-up.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
That's a lot of bumping.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.