• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team-Building and Hidden Power Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaziken05

PKMasterCesar said:
My friends (about a group of 8) and I have been battling in Emerald against each other here and there. We see how well we do against each other by looking at the W/L columns. Our rules are 6v6 single battle lvl 100's. Our only rules are no deoxys form, no same pkmn, no illegal stats and no same items. One of them is undefeated (8-0) so far and it would make me very happy to not only be the first to take him down but to have a team that he could never take down.

His team consists of (in no particular order)(N/A moves are forgotten or have never seen used) :
- Kyogre
sheer cold/n/a
- Mewtwo
earthquake/shadow ball/psychic/recover
- Arcanine (M)
fire blast/flamethrower/extremespeed/ return
- Tyranitar (M)
rock slide/earthquake/crunch/n/a
- Jolteon (M)
thunder/n/a
- Dragonite (M)
dragonclaw
I have tried and tried and tried but no strategy has worked so far. I would realy lioke some help in making a team that would beat him. Or if anyone has champion-caliber teams or proven teams that could withstand just about any opposition, i would greatly appreciate it.

the best team that has come pretty close to beating him:
- Starmie (nevermeltice)
Confuse ray/surf/ice beam/recover

- Electrode (Focus band)
thunderbolt/rollout/double team/explosion

- Forretress (F) (Quick claw)
Explosion/Giga drain/ Double edge/earthquake

- alakazam (M)(twistedspoon)
Shadow ball/psychic/future sight/recover

- Blaziken (M)(Leftovers)
Blaze kick/Sky uppercut/ aerial ace/earthquake

- Snorlax (F) (Chesto Berry)
Yawn/Snore/body slam/rest

Starmie
Modest/Timid
-Surf
-Thunderbolt (or Thunder, but neither's going to do much damage to Kyogre)
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Should take out Arcanine and Dragonite. Will damage Kyogre, but if Kyogre has Thunder (and I wouldn't be surprised if it does), you won't last long there.

Blaziken
-Overheat
-Sky Uppercut
-Rock Slide (or Earthquake, but Rock Slide is generally a better option to hit flying)
-Swords Dance

Stat up and take things out. Overheat > Blaze Kick because you'd need the power, particularly in the rain, and Blaziken doesn't have the defenses to sit around. Takes out Arcanine and T-tar.

Snorlax@Leftovers (put the leftovers on this one - it'd make better use of it.)
-Curse (or Sleep Talk)
-Rest
-Shadow Ball/Earthquake
-Body Slam

Snorlax has good special defense and HP, so take advantage of this. Curse lets you stat up (you won't be using the speed anyways), while Sleep Talk lets you attack during the rest and do more damage than snore. Shadow Ball will hurt Mewtwo, while Earthquake hurts T-tar, Jolteon, and Arcanine. It could stand up to Kyogre and Mewtwo for a little, but not indefinitely.

Alazakam is somewhat redundant given Starmie, since psychic moves aren't very helpful, and shadow ball (physical in this generation) will do almost nothing with Zam's pitiful physical attack.

Forretress is best as a Spikes/Rapid Spinner/Explosion type, which doesn't seem very useful given this sort of batter.

There are better choices than Electrode.

It looks like the battle is winable without legendaries, but they'd help. A dark type to resist Mewtwo would work, leaving it with only earthquake. Needs something that resists/is immune to Earthquake, I believe.

PKMasterCesar

my new team

In response o Blaziken05: Thanks for the tips dude, This is my rare time checking into the forum, but in the mean time I did some research and came up with the following team:

Cloyster@lax incense
Ice beam
Surf
Spikes
toxic

Ice beam/surf for dragonite/arcanine/tyranitar. lax incense for making them miss (he sitches out A LOT and thought it would be a good idea). he has nturally high def so as to leave him out long enough to set out three sets of spikes. lax incense for the same reason. I'm alsi thinking of swapping the move toxic w/ attract seeing as how ALL of his pkmn are male, save kyogre and mewtwo.

Marshtomp@Soft sand
ice beam
surf
roar
earthquake

his moves are good against 4! of his pkmn (arcanine/tyranitar/jolteon/dragonite) and soft sand to power up earthquake b/c 3 out of those 4 are weak against ground. roar is in there to mess up his flow and to hurt the next pkmn with spikes.

Dugtrio@leftovers - arena trap
earthquake
sand attack
rock slide
attract

earthquake - see above. sand attack so he lasts longer. his arena trap will come in handy, soon as he switches to a weak-against-ground type, he should be done for. rock slide for dragonite and attract for all the males.

umbreon@Shell bell
pursuit
sand attack
moonlight
shadow ball

shell bell is the next best thing to leftovers. pursuit for when he switches out his mewtwo so it does 80 damage!sand attack just b/c. shadow ball also for mewtwo.

raikou@brightpowder
thunderwave
thunder
roar
calm mind

I put brightpowder on him cuz i have a feeling its gonna be his kyogre as his last pkmn using sheer cold. thunderwave/roar combo so i could slow down his pkmn. thunder and calm mind for a better one-hit-chance of taking his kyogre out.

Flygon@scope lens
earthquake
rockslide
crunch
sand attack

this is a personal favorite as his type/move combo can take out 5! of his pkmn (excpt kyogre). sand attack as he's more of a back up in case things aren't going my way. Cruch - mewtwo. rock slide-dragonite. eartquake - see above.

What do you think of this team? I will be battling him this weekend and hope to be victorious. I would be surprised if he takes out 3 of my pkmn.

prophet

The info on Mystic Water type items really helped me with my team. Thanks for the info!

Xestt!

For pkmastercesar: it's good to have that many friends who own emerald... Unfortunately, my situation is a bit worse. Actually I would be happy if I had 1 friend that owns poke-games :p But that's another thing. At least I can say that I am a competitive battler (well, on netbattle I had about 100 wins and 30 losses. Not perfect, but that's because of my impatience and some novelties I used xD) and I can help you a bit. Your friends team is not competitive and easy to beat. The movesets also aren't too good. I guess he didn't even ev train his pkmn as well. 1 good kyogre can kill a team like that. I suggest you get a kyogre (best with calm, modest, timid or bold nature) and give it smogon evs. Ev training is necessary because it would let you outspeed your friends kyogre (with correct evs) and kill it with thunder. Here's the moveset:
1. Surf
2. Ice beam
3. Thunder
4. Calm mind
Just make this kyogre your starter. If your friends starter is jolteon switch kyogre into something that resists electric attacks. If his starter is also kyogre, kill it with thunder. If it's something else, try to predict if there's gonna be a switch. If you think he'll switch into jolteon, use surf - with drizzle it should be a 1 hit ko. After his jolty and kyogre (another potential thunderer) are dead there's nothing that you wouldn't be able to calm mind on. I see you have already planned your team so I don't think my post was any help but a kyogre like that can destroy teams, trust me on that. Good luck then! Post the results here, please.

M4zz

Banned
For pkmastercesar: it's good to have that many friends who own emerald... Unfortunately, my situation is a bit worse. Actually I would be happy if I had 1 friend that owns poke-games :p But that's another thing. At least I can say that I am a competitive battler (well, on netbattle I had about 100 wins and 30 losses. Not perfect, but that's because of my impatience and some novelties I used xD) and I can help you a bit. Your friends team is not competitive and easy to beat. The movesets also aren't too good. I guess he didn't even ev train his pkmn as well. 1 good kyogre can kill a team like that. I suggest you get a kyogre (best with calm, modest, timid or bold nature) and give it smogon evs. Ev training is necessary because it would let you outspeed your friends kyogre (with correct evs) and kill it with thunder. Here's the moveset:
1. Surf
2. Ice beam
3. Thunder
4. Calm mind
Just make this kyogre your starter. If your friends starter is jolteon switch kyogre into something that resists electric attacks. If his starter is also kyogre, kill it with thunder. If it's something else, try to predict if there's gonna be a switch. If you think he'll switch into jolteon, use surf - with drizzle it should be a 1 hit ko. After his jolty and kyogre (another potential thunderer) are dead there's nothing that you wouldn't be able to calm mind on. I see you have already planned your team so I don't think my post was any help but a kyogre like that can destroy teams, trust me on that. Good luck then! Post the results here, please.

Not that Im complaining, but ubers are not very good leads, or very fair pokemon. Just make a team of six pokemon that support each other and enjoy it. Im not saying that you shouldnt use legendaries, but people will hate you for it.

Xestt!

Why do you think that they are not very good leads? Some of them are ok. For example kyogre with drizzle would be a great lead for teams that have many water type attacks and thunders. But yeah, personally I don't use ubers because they aren't allowed in battle tower and I don't like that hey are overpowered. But I wouldn't say that I hate people who use ubers.

belbzm

wow

Cheapest Gold @ www.Belrion.com
10kGold for 62usd ! Secure Manual Powerlevel + Cheap Accounts Too !
While Stock Last ^^
Paypal World Seller + Macfee Secured Site ^^
USE WOW GOLD COUPON CODE for 5% Bonus: wow2277

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
oh b*ll*cks wrong forum!!!

apologies for this post mods - plz delete :hide:

Last edited:

Supreme Golden Ho-oH

I'm building up a sandstorm team. I need an opinion about the team I pulled out and some advice to make it better. I'd be really thankful if someone'd help me ^^

Also, I'll be needing this team for pretty soon. So I really have no time for breeding, therefore, no egg moves or HP.

Tyranitar@Leftovers
Trait:Sandstream
Nature:Rash
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Thunderbolt

Skarmory@Leftovers
Trait:Keen Eye
Nature:Impish
-Spikes
-Drill Peck
-Sandstorm
-Whirlwind

metagross@Choice Band
Trait:Clean body
Nature: Adamant
-Meteor mash
-Earthquake
-Sludge Bomb
-Explosion

Cradily@Leftovers
Trait:Suction Cups
Nature:Adamant
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Recover

Swampert@leftovers
Trait:Torrent
Nature:Quiet
-Earthquake
-ice beam
-Surf
-Curse

Flygon@leftovers
Trait:Levitate
nature:hardy
-Solarbeam
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragonbreath

I'll be fighting some ubers (mewtwo, jirachi, deoxys, groudon, kyogre and rayquaza possibly). Thanks in advance ^^^!

I would just like some help here. My current undefeated team in FireRed is kind of lacking in my mind. Here it is:

Charizard@Charcoal
Blaze
Rash
-Flamethrower
-Metal Claw
-Wing Attack
-Blast Burn (debating to change to Dragon Claw or not)

Tyranitar@Tyranitar
Sand Stream
Mild
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Body Slam

Dragonite@Lax Incense (I hate blizzard)
Inner Focus
Rash
-Dragon Claw
-Ice Beam
-Shock Wave
-Fly

Metagross@Quick Claw
Clear Body
Impish
-Psychic
-Meteor Mash
-Pursuit (Probably to change to Shadow Ball)
-Confusion (More than likely to change to Earthquake)

Lapras@Mystic Water
Shell Armor
Hardy
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Sheer Cold

Sceptile@Miracle Seed
Overgrow
Hasty
-Leaf Blade
-Bullet Seed (Scheduled to change to Dragon Claw)
-Fury Cutter (Planning on changing to Brick Break)
-Quick Attack (Possibly changing to Hyper Beam)

Last edited:

AceMasterPokemon

Ace of Games
Help

Hello. I am trying to figure out which pokemon I should put on my team for XD. Here's my team. The bottom one is the one I am trying to decide on.

Umbreon

Flaffy

Spheal

Breloom

Numel

Duskull/Kirlia

Please help.

Emeraldfan

You could do that. If you've looked at it's base stats, you would've seen that it's got 100 in every single stat.

courtg

Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a question about the larvitar I'm currently training for an Emerald team. Should I let it evolve naturally to Tyranitar, or delay evolution? Does that affect stats in any way?

M4zz

Banned
It wont affect stats, and maybe detering evolution for the likes of Rock Slide or Crunch could be a good idea if you want them earlier. But evolving it will result in Pupitar learning them naturally, and before evolution, so it doesnt really matter.

lazysmurf

Pokemon Emerald team advice

I'm still pretty early in the game and I really don't know what I should and shouldn't train. I want an all purpose team I can rely on. I need to make some replacement, although I would like to keep like half of my Pokemon. Here's my current team:

Marshtomp lv27
Breeloom lv27
Kirlia lv25
Manectric lv27
Swellow lv27
Linoone lv27

What should I keep, what should I replace?
I'm thinking of adding an Aron or a Skarmory, but do I really need fire, ice and dark type Pokemon?

If this is not the right thread for this, could someone direct me to where to post this? :p

ashiemore

I'm still pretty early in the game and I really don't know what I should and shouldn't train. I want an all purpose team I can rely on. I need to make some replacement, although I would like to keep like half of my Pokemon. Here's my current team:

Marshtomp lv27
Breeloom lv27
Kirlia lv25
Manectric lv27
Swellow lv27
Linoone lv27

What should I keep, what should I replace?
I'm thinking of adding an Aron or a Skarmory, but do I really need fire, ice and dark type Pokemon?

If this is not the right thread for this, could someone direct me to where to post this? :p

The marshtomp and breloom are pretty good pokés as long as you have a good moveset for both of them. Kirlia is also a good option because Gardevoir is a good special sweeper. Swellow is also good as long as you follow the no-two-moves-of-same-type rule.

Manectric(for me at least) is a kind of strange choice, I would usually go with a Magneton or something else of the sort. As for Linoone, unless you're keeping it on your team for pickup, you should probably replace it with a Skarmory, cause you can rely on Swellow for STABbed Normal-type moves.

Hope this helps.

~ashiemore

Status
Not open for further replies.