• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team-Building and Hidden Power Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudoku

Your mom
May Ledian19 said:
IMO, Dig is better of a move then Eartthquake, because it lets your Pokemon hide underground for 1 turn and prevents any attacks from harimg the Pokemon (Except for Earthquake, maybe)
Dig only does 60 power, and it easily countered. Back in the original games, it was a much better 100 power, with only one counter. Do you know why no one uses Fly that much? It's the same thing.
Here's a question: If your Pkmn used Dig, and while it was underground, the opponent used Earthquake, would Earthquake hit? Because I think I read on antoter site or in a book (Or maybe here) that it would.....

Earthquake and Magnitude will hit for double damage. Everyone and their mother has Earthquake (except Rapidash for some reason). That's another reason why Dig sucks.

M

May Ledian19

Rudoku said:
Dig only does 60 power, and it easily countered. Back in the original games, it was a much better 100 power, with only one counter. Do you know why no one uses Fly that much? It's the same thing.

Earthquake and Magnitude will hit for double damage. Everyone and their mother has Earthquake (except Rapidash for some reason). That's another reason why Dig sucks.

Whoops! Well, thanks, good thing I deleted Dig to replace it with Earthquake the other day. The only problem is that Earthquake doesn't have hit very often...Well, not for me :(
Thanx ^_^

F

FuRRie

It's true that pokémon with lesser stats but better move sets can completely demolish others. A little example
me against my mate, he isn't really good, he doenst use bulk up, etc.
Will i send out my Corsola (Recover, surf, ice beam, psychic)
and he send out groudon (Thunder, solarbeam, slash, earthquake)

Anyways, my Corsola is slower, anyways he uses Thunder (he thik-nker water is weak vs electric, wel surprise, not much damage :p. I surf, he loses 1/4 or something of his hp, he uses slash, i recover, he uses Thunder (don't know why though :x) i Ice Beam. Hes got 1/4 hp left (don't we love critical :d) Then he uses EQ, and misses (LOL) and i just surf him to death.
So a pokémon with real bad stats (55 att and 65 sp.att or something, kills an uuber
Same happened when my Muk killed his kyogre shortly after :d
anyways, you don't always have to EV train like mad, breed until you get the perfect IV's etc, but you do need to know some things
like stat up moves are good, don't put 3 water moves on a water pàokémon etc :)

F

'Fro-Dizzy

Earthquake never misses unless the pokemon's Accuracy has been lowered somehow, or your pokemon is holding Brightpowder.

M

Maester R

A Thunder attack from Groudon would actually be pretty effective against Corsola (providing it hits. 50% accuracy in Sunny Day). His base Special Attack is something like 100, which is way above average for a primary physical attacker.

And yeah, you must've been holding Brightpowder. Earthquake never misses under normal circumstances and would destroy a Corsola.

Rudoku

Your mom
Maester R said:
A Thunder attack from Groudon would actually be pretty effective against Corsola (providing it hits. 50% accuracy in Sunny Day). His base Special Attack is something like 100, which is way above average for a primary physical attacker.

And yeah, you must've been holding Brightpowder. Earthquake never misses under normal circumstances and would destroy a Corsola.

But that guy had Solarbeam. He was, no offense, an idiot. Besides, Corsola gets and extra 1.5x damage on all of it's attacks if it has the "Hustle" trait, so that wasn't as great of an example as it could've been. Now using a Relicanth, that would've been sweet.

HoundoomTrainer

YOU GIVE ME MIGRAINE
If anyone knows about total base stats, you'll know that Slaking's are equal to Kyogre and Groudon, so using him in a 2v2 battle and Skill-Swapping is the same as using a Groudon/Kyogre. Then, the 3 Legendary Trios have the same base stats as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, T-Tar, Dragonite, Metagross, Salamence, and Lati@s. However, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh and Rayquaza have the most total base stats and are absolutely cheap and are only used by untalented newbs. :S I hate Slaking though... a lot... it must die... -.-

S

Shemp70915

Umm...isn't there another group of strategy pokemon called annoyers? Or is it filed under one of the forementioned groups? For ex.

Cacturne (King's Rock/Leppa Berry)
Sandstorm
Double Team
Faint Attack
Needle Arm

I mean, you'd use Sandstorm to use it's Sand Veil, then use Double Team to hide even better, and strike in and out of the battle, with high Evasion. Faint Attack is good if the opponent has Trace, and if you use the King's Rock, Needle Arm will most likely cause crippling.

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
Needle Arm will almost never get a Flinch with Cacturn's rubbish Speed. An annoyer would be something like.
Cacturn@Brightpowder
Leech Seed
Sandstorm
Toxic
Focus Punch/Destiny Bond/Protect

S

Shemp70915

...yeah, it was a random example...but the question was if it was in one of the aforementioned groups...

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Man, ru/sa need to figure out whats an 00BER and a ledgendary, for example Zapdos is a ledgendary but nobody complains about it, mew on the other hand is quite questionable.. in GSC anyways :eek:

Groudon

Meh... >.<
Guys, can you help me on how to beat a Rayquaza?

My brother always beats me in Pokemon Colosseum with it, I have a Swampert with Ice Beam and when it attacks Rayquaza it doesn't do much damage.

Another thing, why does Thunder miss in Colosseum during Rain Dance? My little brother was in Mt. Battle and used Thunder while having Kyogre and Rayquaza on the field. The Thunder miss two times in that battle.

Weird...

B

Banned

Rayquaza's Air Lock negates all Weather effects. As for the Rayquaza, try using a Kingdra with Ice Beam. Kingdra's Dragon characteristics will help with Rayquaza's Dragon Moves. Also try Status moves.

S

Sparkling Sevirachi

[QUOTE='Fro-Dizzy]Earthquake never misses unless the pokemon's Accuracy has been lowered somehow, or your pokemon is holding Brightpowder.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's accruacy is 255/256, this is 99.6% so it can miss without those. Moves that can't miss have an accruacy of ---.
But if it misses you can assume the opponent is using Brightpowder.

For Dig and Fly, the only problem is that all knowledgable battlers will instantly switch to either a levitator or flyer for Dig and always some rock pokemon for Fly.
If this wasn't the case then it wouldn't quite be like 2 gusts, because for that you are receving damage for 2 turns while when digging you only receive damage for 1 turn.

R

Raion

Geodude said:
Using Thunder during an obvious Sunny Day is pretty dumb. Sunny Day either weakens Thunder or makes it less accurate, I forget which. And how did EQ miss?

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, because Rain Dance doesn't weaken/make Solar Beam take more time. You can only guess that it does that same for Thunder (aka keeps it normal).

V

Venusaur-fan!

Strategy Is The Real Way To Victory!

thats right, but i use strategy! strategy is the key!

f.eks:

a good moveset for dragonite:

Fire Blast- against grass, ice and bugs!
Thunder- against water, flying and psychics!
Double Team- for protecting it self!
Rain Dance- for doing so the thunder-move never misses!

Dragonite vs. Charizard:
Combo: Rain Dance, Thunder, Thunder

Dragonite vs. Venusaur:
Combo: Double Team, Fire Blast, Fireblast

Dragonite vs. Blastoise:
Combo: Rain Dance, Thunder, Thunder ;201-h; ;201-h;

S

Sacred

I'm almost 100% sure that thunders accuracy drops to 50% when its sunny. It also does x2 damage against a pokemon that is using fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.