• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

sorry. if u want an electric type with no weakness try eelecktross. he has levitate. thanks again

Apology accepted(on behalf of everyone else) and electross does sound pretty cool so I might try him but I really have a fancy for electivire

Um.......... Any other suggestions thanks darthblastoise for being first to help

Kk, i need help building my rain team.

I've chosen 1 pokemon so far(and i want a politoad in my team)
Starmie @Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Move set:
Hydropump/surf
Thunderbolt/pshychoboost(i think it was)
Rapid spin
rain dance
Ev's: 252 spA, 252 Spe, 4 hp

Please help me
MEGAMISTAKE ALERT (MMA)
psychoboost:
it's a signature move of deoxys.
it has 140 base power.
It is a psychic move.
has 90% accuracy.
Relies on spatk.
Drops spatk by 2 stages until swap

I should know I have deoxys

Ps: I think you mean psychic/psyshock

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
MEGAMISTAKE ALERT (MMA)
psychoboost:
it has 140 base power.
It is a psychic move.
has 90% accuracy.
Relies on spatk.

Ps: I think you mean psychic

No, he means Psyshock, I told him that exact Starmie Set!

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!

Butterfree @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power (Rock)/Psychic/Giga Drain

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Lava Plume

Skuntank @ Black Sludge/Blackglasses
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: / 252 Atk / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

I really want to use Quiver Dance Butterfree, but I can't get a good lineup of 6 Pokemon. I figured if Butterfree wants to be effectivley used, then I'd have to use a Spinner. I picked Torkoal who is a good defensive Pokemon and can set up Rocks. Skuntank is to assist Torkoal by Pursuit trapping Spin-blockers.

Butterfree is aiming to be the main sweeper of the team; the base Pokemon. Compouneyes gives Sleep Powder near-perfect accuracy (I think about 97.5 %). While my opponent is asleep, I can get off Quiver Dance whether he stays or switches. Bug Buzz is a decent STAB and whatever move selected is for coverage.

Torkoal: Is what keeps Butterfree alive if the sweep hasn't been set up yet. It not only gets rid of hazards, but sets up it's own. Lava Plume is a STAB move not making Torkoal completely susceptible to Taunt. Yawn is questionable, as I already have Butterfree. I think Torkoal will need a walling partner on the special side.

Skuntank is an effective bulky Pursuit trapper and with Sucker Punch can be be an effective Revenge-killer. As I really don't want hazards on the field at all, I figured I'd need a counter to spin-blockers. When a Pokemon like Haunter looks to stop Torkoal, Skuntank looks to stop Haunter with Pursuit. Poison Jab sits there for an extra STAB as well as a decent chance to Poison. Taunt actually ensures a Sucker Punch hit, except if they switch, which can be predicted and hit by Pursuit.

I can already see that this support core is troubled by Golurk, so a counter for that would be good. I also would like a Special Wall paired with Torkoal for a defensive duo. I'm also now starting to think Scarf Sawk would be a good fit.​

Vampaze

Yes i meant Psyshock! btw i have my team in Competitive RMT called "Playing in the rain". Please be sure to check it out and rate it. :)

McDanger

Butterfree @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power (Rock)/Psychic/Giga Drain

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Lava Plume

Skuntank @ Black Sludge/Blackglasses
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: / 252 Atk / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

I really want to use Quiver Dance Butterfree, but I can't get a good lineup of 6 Pokemon. I figured if Butterfree wants to be effectivley used, then I'd have to use a Spinner. I picked Torkoal who is a good defensive Pokemon and can set up Rocks. Skuntank is to assist Torkoal by Pursuit trapping Spin-blockers.

Butterfree is aiming to be the main sweeper of the team; the base Pokemon. Compouneyes gives Sleep Powder near-perfect accuracy (I think about 97.5 %). While my opponent is asleep, I can get off Quiver Dance whether he stays or switches. Bug Buzz is a decent STAB and whatever move selected is for coverage.

Torkoal: Is what keeps Butterfree alive if the sweep hasn't been set up yet. It not only gets rid of hazards, but sets up it's own. Lava Plume is a STAB move not making Torkoal completely susceptible to Taunt. Yawn is questionable, as I already have Butterfree. I think Torkoal will need a walling partner on the special side.

Skuntank is an effective bulky Pursuit trapper and with Sucker Punch can be be an effective Revenge-killer. As I really don't want hazards on the field at all, I figured I'd need a counter to spin-blockers. When a Pokemon like Haunter looks to stop Torkoal, Skuntank looks to stop Haunter with Pursuit. Poison Jab sits there for an extra STAB as well as a decent chance to Poison. Taunt actually ensures a Sucker Punch hit, except if they switch, which can be predicted and hit by Pursuit.

I can already see that this support core is troubled by Golurk, so a counter for that would be good. I also would like a Special Wall paired with Torkoal for a defensive duo. I'm also now starting to think Scarf Sawk would be a good fit.​

you need something for the big rock threats like golem, such as gabite, as well as something to weaken stuff because even with 1 quiver dance butterfree is weak. I think your team would benieft from zwelious>skuntank as its a better check for ghosts like lampet and golurk, and because of hustle is a solid wallbreaker, baiting in stuff like tangela that butterfree easily sets up on. I would also suggest warturtle>torkoal as it can switch in on rocks more making it a more reliable spinner. I suggest for spot number 4 metang as its a solid rocker, and can beat rock and ice threats, plus its steel type gives you a solid resistor to multiple types.

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!
you need something for the big rock threats like golem, such as gabite, as well as something to weaken stuff because even with 1 quiver dance butterfree is weak. I think your team would benieft from zwelious>skuntank as its a better check for ghosts like lampet and golurk, and because of hustle is a solid wallbreaker, baiting in stuff like tangela that butterfree easily sets up on. I would also suggest warturtle>torkoal as it can switch in on rocks more making it a more reliable spinner. I suggest for spot number 4 metang as its a solid rocker, and can beat rock and ice threats, plus its steel type gives you a solid resistor to multiple types.

Thanks I'll try it out.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
MEGAMISTAKE ALERT (MMA)
psychoboost:
it has 140 base power.
It is a psychic move.
has 90% accuracy.
Relies on spatk.

Ps: I think you mean psychic/psyshock

In point of fact Lugia can get Psycho Boost as well. This is done through Pokemon XD, where you have to catch a Lugia as the first part of the... Well, I guess you could call it the final boss of the game, Greevil would fall under that category without question. When you purify the Lugia it comes with the moves Hydro Pump, Earthquake, Psycho Boost and Featherdance (XD gives some weird moves, the Moltres you can get has Morning Sun, Poochyena comes with Heal Bell, all 3 legendary birds come with Extrasensory, etc.).

Although Psycho Boost sucks competitively really, it lost its only use when Deo-D went Uber.

Apology accepted(on behalf of everyone else) and electross does sound pretty cool so I might try him but I really have a fancy for electivire

Eelektross is bad. No weaknesses, yes, but it's slow as molasses and not very bulky. Electivire's not great either unless you're REALLY good at predicting (and not running an obvious GyaraVire combo, nobody falls for that anymore). If you need an Electric-type with good typing I strongly recommend Rotom-W. It works as a Scarfer or a bulky supporter and has really good defensive typing and Levitate along with it.

I'm looking into revisiting Ubers Sand, and I've got 4 Mons but I'm having trouble picking the last 2.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SpD
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Fire Blast

I've used Uber Sand before and one thing that amazes me is how many times people lead Darkrai against this. Darkrai cannot beat this set short of Focus Miss which I've never seen one try. Superpower triggers the Sash and the sand picks up the KO. Lum Berry is for Dark Void. Crunch and Pursuit both get STAB and hit the ungodly number of Psychics and Ghosts for Super-Effective damage. Superpower is mainly for the aforementioned Darkrai, and Fire Blast is here for Forry and Ferro. And the occasional Scizor. Sassy Nature over Careful is because of Fire Blast.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

This is the reason to even use Uber Sand really, this and Rock Arceus. Sand Rush doubles my Spe to 550, which is enough to outspeed everything in existence provided it's unboosted. Swords Dance doubles my Atk to a titanic 810, and considering STAB on Earthquake even the Uber tier gets hammered. Rock Slide is for EdgeQuake coverage (It'd be really nice if Excadrill got Stone Edge....) and wrecks Ho-Oh and pretty heavily dents Lugia assuming I've broken Multiscale. Swords Dance is pretty obvious and Rapid Spin... Well, with an immunity to T-Spikes, resistance to Stealth Rock (4x) and immunity to Spikes while I have my balloon, Excadrill makes a great spinner.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Trait: Multitype
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Arceus-Rock's pretty awesome in the sand. It gets the boost from Sandstorm and after one Calm Mind its SpD hits 552 uninvested, which is awesome. Judgment is my only attack here, and it serves pretty much the same purpose as Excadrill's Rock Slide. It gets nice coverage and hits damn hard after one boost. Or more, if I can manage it. Recover is here to keep Arceus rolling and I'm using Refresh over Will-O-Wisp because what would always bring this thing down last time I used it was Toxic damage.

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
Modest Nature (+SpA, - Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse

Dialga's stats and typing just scream "slap Specs on it and DRACO METEOR ALL THE THINGS!!!" so that's what I've done here. Draco Meteor is what I use most of the time and quite honestly it destroys. 85% MINIMUM to DEFENSIVE Dialga is pretty good. Thunder mauls all Kyogre and OHKOs any that didn't invest in SpD. Aura Sphere wrecks Heatrans and opposing Tyranitars and is being used over Fire Blast because I already have a way around Ferro and Forry on T-Tar. Which, coincidentally, is Fire Blast. Dragon Pulse just rounds out the set.

What I really need is a solid hazard setter. I was thinking Ferrothorn, but I'm a bit concerned about giving Sun an easy game then. Reshiram and Ho-Oh... Yeah. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
@loco I think you covered Reshiram and Ho-Oh pretty well with Rock Arceus. Rock Arceus in sand is one of the best counters to them. Anyway, I think a water resist is first priority here, as choice specs Kyogre kills your team. The best Kyogre counter in the game is Soul Dew Latias. However sand may hinder it a bit. When it comes to countering Kyogre, you have very few choices though. Defensive Giratina, which can also spinblock, maybe. Palkia is another option, Latios may work too. Your choice, but I recommend choosing one of them, because a Kyogre counter is mandatory in Ubers.

Same goes for Groudon, basically. You'll need something that can take an Earthquake and hit back hard. Excadrill may be immune to Earthquake, but can't do much damage quickly:
+2 252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 210-247 (51.98 - 61.13%) -- 94.92% chance to 2HKO
assuming a double switch, exca sd's first turn while groudon breaks balloon with se. then next turn exca does some damage to it while groudon KO's back with Earthquake.
I'd choose Ferro to counter Groudon (first check if it has fire punch, though), while it can also set up spikes.

I hope this helped, and gl with your team!

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
I'm liking Soul Dew Latias and I've always been partial to Ferro. I think I'll give those two a shot first, I can always try one of the others later.

By the way, I laughed way too hard at the gif in your signature XD

McDanger

I'm liking Soul Dew Latias and I've always been partial to Ferro. I think I'll give those two a shot first, I can always try one of the others later.

By the way, I laughed way too hard at the gif in your signature XD

Scarfed terrakion is a big threat with those 2, as well as genesect
maybe try normal giratina>soul dew latias as he laughs at terrakion, and genesect cant do to much.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
I hadn't noticed that about Terrakion, I'll definitely try Giratina

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
I'm thinking about build a team around SubPetaya Empoleon. And I need his team member. I'm about to put CM-Expert Belt Latios with him. Since they both cover each other weaknesses. Can you suggest me the other Pokemon?

ness64

Hello, I need help with an RU team. I need to add two more Pokemon. Any suggestions?

;308; Medicham (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Feint
A run-of-the-mill Medicham. Hi Jump Kick obviously is one of her most reliable STAB moves. I prefer Zen Headbutt over Psycho Cut because of the higher base power. Fake Out is for the flinch chance in the first turn Medicham gets sent out. Feint is for breaking Protects/Detects. 252 Attack for the most powerful Hi Jump Kick in the game. Life Orb for making it even more powerful while allowing it to switch attacks. 4 Special Defense because Medicham's Special Defense is lacking.

Ani617MS.png
Accelgor (M) @ Bug Gem
Trait: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Spikes
- Final Gambit
Special Sweeper. It can set up a layer or two of spikes and threaten the opponent with a powerful STAB Bug Buzz boosted by Bug Gem or Focus Blast. Final Gambit is sort of a last resort, if Accelgor can't do anything else. Unburden to make it faster after the Bug Gem has been used. 252 Speed allows it to outspeed the whole tier. 252 Special Attack makes Bug Buzz and Focus Blast even more powerful. 4 Defense because it is quite lacking.

;480; Uxie @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spd
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
My lead. Set up a layer of rocks, T-Wave the foe, then hightail out of there with U-Turn. Psychic is just there for a STAB Attack. Uxie is already bulky Special-Defense-wise, so there was no need to EV SDefense. Uxie needs Defense so it can actually set up rocks.

Ani615MS.png
Cryogonal @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
My Spinner. Ice Beam does a lot of damage due to maxed out Special Attack, Life Orb, STAB, and Base 95 SAttack. HP Fire is there there to take care of Steel-types. Recover is for taking care of Life Orb recoil and for Cryogonal's shabby defenses. Cryogonal's not very sluggish, either, so max speed will help it spin as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about build a team around SubPetaya Empoleon. And I need his team member. I'm about to put CM-Expert Belt Latios with him. Since they both cover each other weaknesses. Can you suggest me the other Pokemon?

Instead of the Ebelt Latios how about a bulkyer Latias?

How about:

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psyshock

A Dual Screen might be nice to:

Latias (F) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish

xrayocotpus

looking for some help guys just getting back into pokemon after a few years and i am ready for my rain dance team

pulling alot from smogon here

politoad

Defensive
Leftovers Drizzle Bold
Moveset EVs
~ Scald
~ Protect / Ice Beam / Refresh
~ Perish Song / Encore
~ Toxic / Hypnosis
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

raikou

Life Orb
Life Orb Pressure Timid
Moveset EVs
~ Thunder
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Extrasensory
~ Calm Mind / Volt Switch

kingdra
Substitute + Dragon Dance
Lum Berry / Leftovers Swift Swim
Moveset EVs
~ Substitute
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Waterfall
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

--------------------------------------------------------------

here is where it gets iffy i want either pelipper or
Tornadus

for tornadus

Mixed Attacker
Life Orb Prankster Naive
Moveset EVs
~ Rain Dance
~ Hurricane
~ Grass Knot
~ Superpower
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
for pelipper

Rain Dance
left overs Rain Dish Modest
Moveset EVs
~ Rain Dance
~ Hydro Pump / Surf
~ Hurricane
~ Roost
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

with pelipper i have another water raising my risk again grass water etc but it also seems like a solid wall

------------------------------------------------------

for my last two pokemon I would like wish support and toxic spike support

I have also considered

Rhyperior
Tank
Leftovers Solid Rock Adamant
Moveset EVs
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Blast / Stone Edge
~ Dragon Tail

for stealth rock instead of toxic spikes

so guys find me a medic and or spiker

and please help me out thanks guys

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
1. Swift Swim and Drizzle are banned in the standard OU environment
2. Use Tornadus. Pelipper won't do anything besides add an Electric weakness. It's NOT weak to Grass as you mentioned, since its secondary type, Flying, resists it. Just pointing that out too.

Rocker: (Rhyperior is meh in OU and awful in OU rain)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Your team is too offensive to want Toxic Spikes over Stealth Rock.

Wish support, obvious Chansey/Blissey is obvious. Standard supporting set does just fine. Vaporeon can do it too and gets HydraRest for reliable recovery but the blobs pass better wishes.

AdrianD

Competitive Trainer
This is the team I am running for this weekends event and they are doing poorly IMO, All though If I am not winning 3 of 4 times I consider less then that poor. This team is tailwinded. What do I need to fix besides tornadus? I am sick of losing.

Iv in order of Hp, atk, def, Sp.A, Sp.D, Spd

Terrakion - Jolly/Muscle Band

Ivs 28,16,17,16,1,26
Evs 252 atk, 252 Spd, 4 Sp.D

X-Scissors
protect
rock slide
close combat

Hydregion - Timid/white herb

IVs 26,27,29,31,17,30
Evs Spd and Sp.A 252, Sp.D4

Dark Pulse
Earth power
protect
Draco meteor

Tornadus Prankster - Timid/Flying Gem

Ivs 11,30,7,16,0,0
Evs Sp.A and Spd 252

Air Slash
Tailwind
Taunt
Protect

Starmie Natural Cure - Timid/Water Gem

Ivs 15,28,6,24,?,30
Evs 252 Sp.A and Spd

T-bolt
I-Beam
Surf
Protect

Arcanine Intimidate - Hasty/Life orb

Ivs 19,31,7,25,23,24
Ev Atk and Spd 252

Extremespeed
W-Charge
C-Combat
Flare Blitz

Rotom-W- Timid/ Choice Specs

Ivs 21,8,29,30,6,30
Evs 252 Spd and Sp.A

T-bolt
Hydro Pump
Light screen
Trick

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Your IVs for starters, I guarantee you most of your opponents have perfect IVs, or at least perfect relevant IVs. And I'm gonna guess you mean by "this weekends event" that this is a VGC team, in which case it doesn't seem to be a Doubles team. I'm not seeing a whole lot of synergy and the EV spreads look better for singles matches.