• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

Zachmac

Get help with your new and incomplete teams here.

For Team Posters
I'm no mod, so I can't enforce these rules, but it'll make it easier on raters if you follow these.
1. Don't post unless you've already chosen one team member. If you can't decide on one, just pick a pokemon set you like.
2. Please choose you team's strategy and tier before posting, it'll help raters choose team members select better candidates for your team.
3. Only post incomplete teams. If you've already decided on all six team members, make a thread for it.
4. Try to explain why you use each pokemon. Explain what their job is, and how they help your team.
5. If you have already chosen more then two pokemon, and you list there entire sets, I suggest using a spoiler tag to conserve space. You can do this by using the code
*what you're hiding*[*/spoiler] without any of the asterisks.
6. If you are using standard smogon sets, you can just post each set's name. However, I suggest posting the entire sets, so raters don't have to scratch their memories or look anything up. If you do, please use this format, and if possible, add images(if you need some, they can be found here).
Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
Nature:
- move
- move
- move
- move

For Raters
1. Don't just pick a pokemon just because it works for you. If they are using Specially Defensive Heatran don't suggest changing to Balloon tran because you "like it", unless you can give a good reason.
2. Make sure the pokemon you suggest matches that team's genre. If the poster is making a hyper offense team, don't suggest a Jellicent.
3. Unless the poster is making a gimmick team, try to avoid suggesting gimmicks. No Cofagirus/Slaking duo or belly drum linoone.
4. You have to know what you're talking about. If you started playing pokemon competitively only recently, or you lack experience with serious battles, then your advice will probably be unhelpful. Yes, I know, everyone starts somewhere, but it's best you let more experienced members do it.

The rules may change, depending on how this goes. Be sure to check the front post every now and then.

Last edited:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

To get this started, I've been working on a bulky offense team.
380.gif

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
The pokemon this team is built around. High speed and good bulk make her an ideal bulky offense sweeper. Also, with dragon pulse STAB, she only has to worry about pesky steel types. Substitute helps her avoid being revenge killed and can help her wreck stall and escape from status.

534.gif

Conkeldurr (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
- Facade
I seriously hate Conkeldurr, but it does make nice support for Latias. It's mostly here to take out Tyranitar, Blissy, and Scarf X-scissor Terrakion.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- U-Turn
- Wish
Jirachi can easily handle Tyranitar, CM Reuniclus, and Blissy using Iron Head. Jirachi also heals my Conkeldurr with Wish, and can swap into the many special and psychic attacks targeted at it. Finally, it help me get up stealth rocks, so I don't have to have a team member dedicated to that like the guide I was using said.

U-Turn can be used to scout and just easily switch-out and gain momentum

080.gif

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
I needed something to tank a Choice Banded Terrakion's Close Combat, so I added Slowbro. It works well with Jirachi, spreading paralysis and tanking physical hits. Actually, I started this team a while ago, so I can't remember it's entire job....

I want the last two pokemon to check any threats it doesn't already beat or only has one pokemon to beat.(Trick Room Reuniclus and Volcarona).

640.gif

Virizion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 64 Hp / 252 Atk / 192 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)/Naive(+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor/HP[Ice]/Quick Attack

This allows for a quick KO on Volcarona and it is also not seen very often, so it has surprise value. It has enough to outspeed base 100 scarfers (including +1 Volc). The last slot depends on what you want to KO. X-Scizor hits Psychics that want to switch in on Close Combat, HP[Ice] helps KO'd DNite after SR, and Quick Attack is for revenging weakened foes. Virizion also synergises with Slowbro and Jirachi real well. She can take Slowbro's grass, dark, and water weaknesses, while he takes her ice, fire, and psychic weaknesses.

I also suggest a Heatran in the last spot.

485.gif

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

This is offensive tran with SR. This allows Jchi to run U-Turn, so you can ease prediction. Air Balloon helps deal with Hp[Ground] Volcarona and allows you to dodge Dugtrio. Offensive Tran can help counter sun, while still allowing some offensive presence.

OR

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

SR for the same reason, but with Roar, you can easily check Volcarona a phaze it away. Eath Power defeats other trans as SDef tran with EP beats Offensive Trans with EP iirc. Lava Plume is to help spread burns, but Flamethrower can be used if you want to avoid Paralysis conflicts.
[/CENTER]

Comments in bold. I really like this idea. I will probably post a team here soon :)

Last edited:

Zachmac

Comments in bold. I really like this idea. I will probably post a team here soon :)
Scarf Virizion is an interesting concept, but I'm afraid it's offensive stats are just a little too low. Salamence and D-nite don't take enough damage from HP ice or stone edge to reliably revenge kill at all, and whenever I get a revenge killer, I expect it to handle +1 dragons. I might try Scarf Terrakion, though.

I've tried similar Heatran sets in the past on different teams, and I'll have to say, the offensive set just didn't impress me. I loved the specially defense set, though, so I'll use that(just a more standard one than what you posted).

Edit: Well, I guess I'll just use Scarf Terrakion from here on. Removing the team from the thread.

Last edited:

STABX4

I dont really have a name for my team but its based around Swampert and trying to sweep
260.gif

Swampert@leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/196 Def/60 SATK
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spd)
-Stealth Rock
-Scald
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam

My Lead and team definer, Swampert has a diverse move set that makes it a valuable asset. Stealth rock is used to set up entry damage and does 50% damage to Volcarona. I used to have surf for water STAB but opted for scald because of the 30% burn chance. Earthquake handles a variety of types. Ice Beam is there for grass types that dont manage OHKOs and it can take out Salamance and Haxorus in one hit. Leftovers provides some health recovery.

094.gif

Gengar@leftovers
trait: levataite
EVs: 4 HP/252 SATK/252 Speed
Nature: Mild (+ special attack - Defense)
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Disable
-Focus Blast

Gengar is used as counter for fighting and Psy types. Fighting moves like Close Combat Infernape have no effect. Shadowball is supposed to knock out Alakazam but I wish I had a better ghost pokemon who isnt killed by Pyhcic. Disable would be more effective if Gengar was faster. The substitute focus blast combo deals with Blissey.

534.gif

Conkeldurr@ Choice Band
EVs 252 HP/252 ATK/6 Speed
Nature Adament
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback
-Stone Edge
I orginally used Machamp here but decided to go with the bulkier option. With 414 HP, Conkeldurr is as good of wall as I have. Drain punch gains STAB and works as my recovery move. Mach Punch has Fighting STAB and has priority to make up for the awful speed stat. Payback can take out slower ghosts and get revenge kills. Stone Edge is used to deal with flying types such as Gliscor and can OHKO Gyarados. Choice Band powers moves with already decent type coverage though I find myself being trapped a lot.

254.gif

Sceptile@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAttk/252 Speed
Nature: Timid (+ Speed - Attk)
-Leaf Storm
- HP Ice
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball

Septile provides a speedy counter to water and electric types. Leaf Storm is a strong STAB that can OHKO Starmie. Energy Ball is a more accurate Grass attack that can drop enemy Swamperts. HP Ice is there for dragons I might switch it for HP Fire. Lastly focus blast is there for coverage against steel types.

485.gif

Heatran@Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Satk/4 SpD/252 Speed
Nature: Timid (+ Speed - ATK)
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-HP Ice
Heatran is a valuable defensive part of my team with many offensive capabilities. Heatran serves mostly as my counter to bulky grass types such as Venasuar. Stealth rock is used to set up entry damage in case a spinner removed the one set by Swampret,this used to be explosion for Blissey till it got nerfed, let me know if it would be worth bringing back. Fire Blast is my main attack against grass and steel types, I have considered replacing it with Flamethrower let me know if you think the power trade off is worth an accuracy boost. Earth Power takes out any random pokemon that may be left. I have HP ice on there for now, Ive seen a few sets with Dragon Pulse, let me know if that would be better. Air Balloon stops Earthquake which I found out Heatran is very weak to, the hard way.

149.gif

Dragonite@ Leftovers
Trait: MultiScale
EVs: 252 ATK/4 SDEF/252 Speed
Nature: Adament
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Extreme Speed
-Earthquake

Dragonite is pretty much the glue of my team it has strong offensive stats that can revenge kill many types. Dragon Dance is there for a set up move, In my experience, Dragonite seems to do pretty well without using a DD, Fire Punch seems to be a popular move would it be worth the switch? Extreme Speed is a very good priority move that I get a lot of revenge kills with. Earthquake is for electric types, one of Dragonites few weaknesses. I currently have Leftovers on him for recovery, I may change it to a Lum Berry to combat confusion from Outrage.
Thanks for your help,
STABX4

Zachmac

I dont really have a name for my team but its based around Swampert and trying to sweep
260.gif

Swampert@leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/196 Def/60 SATK
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spd)
-Stealth Rock
-Scald
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam

My Lead and team definer, Swampert has a diverse move set that makes it a valuable asset. Stealth rock is used to set up entry damage and does 50% damage to Volcarona. I used to have surf for water STAB but opted for scald because of the 30% burn chance. Earthquake handles a variety of types. Ice Beam is there for grass types that dont manage OHKOs and it can take out Salamance and Haxorus in one hit. Leftovers provides some health recovery.

094.gif

Gengar@leftovers
trait: levataite
EVs: 4 HP/252 SATK/252 Speed
Nature: Mild (+ special attack - Defense)
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Disable
-Focus Blast

Gengar is used as counter for fighting and Psy types. Fighting moves like Close Combat Infernape have no effect. Shadowball is supposed to knock out Alakazam but I wish I had a better ghost pokemon who isnt killed by Pyhcic. Disable would be more effective if Gengar was faster. The substitute focus blast combo deals with Blissey.

534.gif

Conkeldurr@ Choice Band
EVs 252 HP/252 ATK/6 Speed
Nature Adament
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback
-Stone Edge
I orginally used Machamp here but decided to go with the bulkier option. With 414 HP, Conkeldurr is as good of wall as I have. Drain punch gains STAB and works as my recovery move. Mach Punch has Fighting STAB and has priority to make up for the awful speed stat. Payback can take out slower ghosts and get revenge kills. Stone Edge is used to deal with flying types such as Gliscor and can OHKO Gyarados. Choice Band powers moves with already decent type coverage though I find myself being trapped a lot.

254.gif

Sceptile@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAttk/252 Speed
Nature: Timid (+ Speed - Attk)
-Leaf Storm
- HP Ice
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball

Septile provides a speedy counter to water and electric types. Leaf Storm is a strong STAB that can OHKO Starmie. Energy Ball is a more accurate Grass attack that can drop enemy Swamperts. HP Ice is there for dragons I might switch it for HP Fire. Lastly focus blast is there for coverage against steel types.

485.gif

Heatran@Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Satk/4 SpD/252 Speed
Nature: Timid (+ Speed - ATK)
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-HP Ice
Heatran is a valuable defensive part of my team with many offensive capabilities. Heatran serves mostly as my counter to bulky grass types such as Venasuar. Stealth rock is used to set up entry damage in case a spinner removed the one set by Swampret,this used to be explosion for Blissey till it got nerfed, let me know if it would be worth bringing back. Fire Blast is my main attack against grass and steel types, I have considered replacing it with Flamethrower let me know if you think the power trade off is worth an accuracy boost. Earth Power takes out any random pokemon that may be left. I have HP ice on there for now, Ive seen a few sets with Dragon Pulse, let me know if that would be better. Air Balloon stops Earthquake which I found out Heatran is very weak to, the hard way.

149.gif

Dragonite@ Leftovers
Trait: MultiScale
EVs: 252 ATK/4 SDEF/252 Speed
Nature: Adament
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Extreme Speed
-Earthquake

Dragonite is pretty much the glue of my team it has strong offensive stats that can revenge kill many types. Dragon Dance is there for a set up move, In my experience, Dragonite seems to do pretty well without using a DD, Fire Punch seems to be a popular move would it be worth the switch? Extreme Speed is a very good priority move that I get a lot of revenge kills with. Earthquake is for electric types, one of Dragonites few weaknesses. I currently have Leftovers on him for recovery, I may change it to a Lum Berry to combat confusion from Outrage.
Thanks for your help,
STABX4
It looks like you've already made the team. This is the team building help thread. Since you've already chosen 6 pokemon, this would be better off with a thread of it's own.

Oh, and by the way, if you want to make something into a spoiler, it'll need to say something. The code is...[*spoiler=*what you want it to say here*]The hidden message[/spoiler], without the *.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Conkeldurr is a solid pokemon to use over Hariyama. Conkledurr has a huge Attack stat, has recovery and priority, and can also take Burn and Poison with ease and benefit. Hariyama just doesn't have the great things that Conkeldurr uses to great success in OU. However, if you are playing on 4th Gen OU, that team looks good, but Infernape would be better than Hariyama.

Conkelderp set:

Conkeldurr@Leftovers
{Guts}
Adamant/Careful Nature
EVs: 224 HP/252 Atk/32 SDef
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Payback
-Protect/Bulk Up

Protect can be used for extra recovery, whilst Bulk Up gives it the ability to laugh at most Physical Sweepers at +1, and makes Mach Punch an absolute monstrosity of a move. EVs are from OP, but they give bulk and power with a cushion of sorts against some Special Attacks. You can run 212 HP EVs and run 44 SDef EVs to take them better. If you run the aforementioned spread, you may as well run Adamant, but Careful is viable on both spreads. Conkledurr appreciates the power more than the bulk at times, however.

STABX4

Hi, I'm considering building a team with the Ledgendary Dogs as a core but I need help choosing the other 3 team members.

244.gif

Entei@ Choice Band
Trait:Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk/4SpA/252 Speed
Nature: Adamant
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- HP Grass

243.gif

Raikou@ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs:252SpA/4 SpD/252 Speed
Nature: Timid

-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Extrasensory

245.gif

Suicune@Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs:252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Nature:Bold
-Rest
-Scald
-Sleep Talk
-Roar

Thanks,
STABX4

Last edited:

Zachmac

Hi, I'm considering building a team with the Ledgendary Dogs as a core but I need help choosing the other 3 team members.

244.gif

Entei@ Choice Band
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- HP Grass

243.gif

Raikou@ Life Orb

-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Extrasensory

245.gif

Suicune@Leftovers
-Rest
-Scald
-Sleep Talk
-Roar

Thanks,
STABX4
Standard play or UU?
Roserade
Hariyama
Wobbuffett (attempting the Destiny Bond+ berry trick mentioned on Smogon)
Starmie
Blaziken
Salamence
It looks rather offensive to me. You could always try Volt Turn, but it seems you won't be too enthusiastic about the Scizor/Rotom-W core, so I'll propose Zapdos/Scizor. It's a simple plan, actually. Send out a pokemon that can cause your enemy to swap out, and use U-turn or Volt Switch. Repeat. Sometimes you'll end up sending out a pokemon that doesn't know either move, though. Starmie would need Rapid Spin then, to remove stealth rock. I'd suggest swapping Hariyama out for one, and maybe Wobuffet, Roserade, or Blaziken for another. If you're going to use Smogon tiers, you should definitely swap out Blaziken, since it's banned from them. Finally, there is the possibility of Celebi>Roserade, for U-turn and Stealth Rock, though spikes can be useful in VoltTurn as well.

Last edited:

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.

244.gif

Entei@ Choice Band
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- HP Grass

243.gif

Raikou@ Life Orb

-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Extrasensory

245.gif

Suicune@Leftovers
-Rest
-Scald
-Sleep Talk
-Roar

Thanks,
STABX4

While I wouldn't recommend doing this(as an idea), I do have some suggestions.

244.gif

Entei @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

243.gif

Raikou@ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 76 Def / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Substitute

245.gif

Suicune@Leftovers
- Rest
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

379.gif

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Shadow Claw
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

330.gif

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

178.gif

Xatu (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Roost
- Light Screen
- Reflect

It's 3:3. Flygon, Raikou, and Entie are sweepers. Suicune is a set up sweeper. Xatu is for screens and bouncing back hazards. Registeel is for defensive back up and help walling. Works even better after screens.

You have dual weaknesses to Ice, Electric, and Ground. Registeel can nom on the first two while two Pokémon are immune to ground.

Last edited:

Zachmac

^He/She just said it was standard play, and that looks like a UU team.

I'll do my rate tomorrow.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Entei is not viable in standard. It just isn't. No matter what you do to a team. Raikou and Suicune are UU which Entei is still somewhat viable in, (but out classed by Arcanine). They should be fine using the team in UU. It has much better synergy than most things in OU; as the tiers are played differently.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
So this is where you get help... I need it.

I've got a Bold Politoed, which I hope will be:

Politoed (M) @Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Perish Song

I have a few ideas for the team, such as mixed Dragonite with Thunder and Hurricane. I wanted a hazards Pokemon, so I originally thought of Ferrothorn, but Forretress might be better. This is for OU.

Zachmac

So this is where you get help... I need it.

I've got a Bold Politoed, which I hope will be:

Politoed (M) @Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Perish Song

I have a few ideas for the team, such as mixed Dragonite with Thunder and Hurricane. I wanted a hazards Pokemon, so I originally thought of Ferrothorn, but Forretress might be better. This is for OU.
Is it going to be a balanced team with no specific strategy?

Forretress is mostly if you want hazards and rapid spin support in one pokemon, but Ferrothorn is if you want an actual wall. Forretress isn't actually much of a wall, because all it does is set up hazards. It's a supportive pokemon, while Ferrothorn can take on much more pokemon 1 on 1.

Soperman

The One and Only
First of all, I really like this idea. I think it's fantastic.
The real reason I'm posting this is because I need help building a team. I'm going for bulky offense for the most part, although I'm mostly flexible. I'm working towards OU, just cuz.
151.gif
@ Leftovers
Synchronize
252 Hp/252 Sp. Def/4 Spd
Adamant
-Bulk Up
-Shadow Claw
-Drain Punch
-Zen Headbutt
I've always wanted to use Mew, and because he is such a versatile pokemon, I'm trying him out. I chose a bulky physical set to surprise people, since nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition physical bulky Mew. There may be a reason for this, but I digress. Shadow Claw and Drain Punch make for excellent coverage, and Drain Punch heals me. Zen Headbutt is good STAB.
598.gif
@ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
240 Hp/4 Atk/132 Def and Sp. Def (0 Speed IVs)
Impish
-Swords Dance
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Stealth Rock/Shadow Claw/ Leach Seed
This is a really... weird Ferro set that I came up with. I chose him because I wanted a "wall". I chose Swords Dance for the immediate Attack boost. The EVs are for bulk, and I put 4 into Attack so after one Swords Dance he has 450 Attack. I can't decide on the last move. SR is for hazards, Shadow Claw for "coverage", and Leach Seed to either force switches or stay alive. I am willing to change to Curse Ferro, but I want to try this one first.
130.gif
@ Leftovers
Intimidate
200 Hp/200 Atk/108 Spd
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
My favorite Gyrados set of all time. It's fantastic. I rarely lose with him on my team. Intimidate gives the Defense boost, and after one DD he can sweep. The Hp makes him bulky. The moves I chose are for STAB and coverage.
And that's my team.
I'm really leaning towards Physical bulky offense so far, so I need some Special 'mons. I'm willing to switch my Mew to CM, but BU surprises a lot of people. Gyrados is the only pokemon I'm totally sure of; his set works well and he has good coverage (including against Fire types). Weather doesn't seem like that great of an idea for this team, except for Rain, but I honestly don't like rain as much.
Thanks in advance for any feedback!

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Is it going to be a balanced team with no specific strategy?

Forretress is mostly if you want hazards and rapid spin support in one pokemon, but Ferrothorn is if you want an actual wall. Forretress isn't actually much of a wall, because all it does is set up hazards. It's a supportive pokemon, while Ferrothorn can take on much more pokemon 1 on 1.

Bulky offence, I guess. I just want a team that fits nicely together. This is my first try at competitive battling, so I'm completely unsure. I'd like a Rocks Pokemon, like Ferrothorn or Forretress. That's what I really need, with a bit of help on my offencive Pokemon.

EDIT: I've just worked out a team- Politoed, Jirachi, Dragonite, Ferrothorn, Virizion and Starmie. Ferrothorn carries out hazards, Politoed has Drizzle, Bulky Dragonite and Jirachi are my tanks/walls, with 'Rachi using Wish to keep my team together. Starmie keeps hazards away from my team, mainly from Dragonite, and Virizion is a Swords Dance Sweeper!

Last edited:

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Bulky offence, I guess. I just want a team that fits nicely together. This is my first try at competitive battling, so I'm completely unsure. I'd like a Rocks Pokemon, like Ferrothorn or Forretress. That's what I really need, with a bit of help on my offencive Pokemon.

EDIT: I've just worked out a team- Politoed, Jirachi, Dragonite, Ferrothorn, Virizion and Starmie. Ferrothorn carries out hazards, Politoed has Drizzle, Bulky Dragonite and Jirachi are my tanks/walls, with 'Rachi using Wish to keep my team together. Starmie keeps hazards away from my team, mainly from Dragonite, and Virizion is a Swords Dance Sweeper!

I tell you reasons why this won't work. But for now I must go. My school needs me!

Ok, this is my first team and I need some help.

My UU team:
Manetric
Item:Life Orb
Ability: Lightningrod
Nature:Timid
Attacks:
Thunderbolt
Overheat
Hidden Power Ice
Volt Switch

Bisharp
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Attacks:
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Iron Head
Substitute

Flygon
Item: Choice Band/Life Orb
Ability:Levitate
Nature: Jolly
Attacks:
Outrage
Earthquake
Roost
Dragon Claw

Suicune
Item:Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature:Modest
Attacks:
Calm Mind
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Grass

Roserade
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature:Calm
Attacks:
Spikes
Giga Drain
Synthesis
Sludge Bomb

Victini
Item: Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
Attacks:
V-Create
Psychic
Grass Knot
Focus Blast

To tell you the truth, I'm totally clueless about this, and would just appreciate some advice...
Please Help me out.

Last edited: