• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

Indigoodra

Adding to what Soperman said I am suggesting

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

But if you still want to go Scarf variant then...

Rotom-W @ Leftovers herp derp do you mean Scarf?
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

If you wanted you could make the Spec Def Rotom set Defensive. Whichever you need more.

Thank you very much! When I do teams, I choose pokemon based on synergy, so I was extremely confused after those first 4 :/

I'm definitely going to try this out.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Thank you very much! When I do teams, I choose pokemon based on synergy, so I was extremely confused after those first 4 :/

I'm definitely going to try this out.

That's what I meant. Thanks for correcting me. But yes, synergy is key.

Quilava2

Flaming Ninja
Ok Here is my team so far.

Mienshao@Life Orb
Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SpAtk, 252 Spd
Naive
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Hi Jump Kick
-HP (Ice)

Scizor@Choice Band
Technician
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpDef
Adamant
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Chandelure@Wise Glasses
Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spd
Modest
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-HP (Ground)

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP, 88 Def, 168 SpDef
Sassy
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Power Whip

That is my team so far. I really want to have a Rapid Spinner and Stealth Rock support. I might switch Ferrothorn to Forretress because they are very similar. If I don't use Forretress, I would probably want someone like Donphan, Starmie, or Tentacruel.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Ok Here is my team so far.

Mienshao@Life Orb
Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SpAtk, 252 Spd
Naive
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Hi Jump Kick
-HP (Ice)

Scizor@Choice Band
Technician
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpDef
Adamant
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Chandelure@Wise Glasses
Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef, 252 Spd
Modest
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-HP (Ground)

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP, 88 Def, 168 SpDef
Sassy
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Power Whip

That is my team so far. I really want to have a Rapid Spinner and Stealth Rock support. I might switch Ferrothorn to Forretress because they are very similar. If I don't use Forretress, I would probably want someone like Donphan, Starmie, or Tentacruel.

First, I would drop Chandelure and use Heatran as a replacement. It fits nicely with the team typing-wise, provide you with a better check against Sun, and Stealth Rock Support.

As a team member, I would choose Xatu. While it isn't bulky, Xatu patches up two things that your team is vulnerable to: Ground and Fighting (factoring in the change from Chandelure to Heatran). If you are willing to use Xatu as your primary anti-hazards, go ahead.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I need help making an OU team. It's going to be focused around Kyurem. This will be OU, and I'd rather not do a Hail team if possible. Kyurems' set:

646.gif

Kyurem@ Leftovers
Timid | Pressure
56 HP | 216 Spe | 236 SpA
~Ice Beam
~Draco Meteor
~Substitute
~Focus Blast
Sub Kyurem. With the EVs, it can Pressure stall Blissey and Chansey, especially with hazards up. Ice Beam and Draco Meteor for STAB (or Dragon Pulse), and Focus Blast for Steel coverage.

It is a good Pokemon, but what I really need is a hazards Pokemon, and a spinner as Kyurem hates hazards.

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
First, I would change Draco Meteor for Dragon Pulse fore the reason that the Special Attack drop is something that will for you to switch, defeating the purpose of this set.

So now this set is walled by Bulky waters and Jirachi. Chansey and Blissey still have to be addressed because Pressure stalling Blissey also eats away your PP in the process. In this case, I would suggest Bulk Up Breloom temporarily. After a Bulk Up, he can KO most of the Bulky waters in OU and heavily dent Jirachi, while also having the extra bonus of being immune to paralysis.

If you're looking for something with a bit more defensive synergy, the Magnezone would function decently. Although this leaves you even more helpless against the pink blobs, it allows you to perfectly kill a lot of the defensive steels that resist Kyurem's STABs. Furthermore, it can KO some bulky waters with STAB Thunderbolt.

For a Rapid Spinner, I would suggest Tentacruel. Toxic Spikes allows you to better deal with Chansey/Blissey and ease Pressure Stalling, while Rapid Spin removes the very hazards Kyurem doesn't like.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Yeah sorry. It's early in the morning. I'll think of something better later.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I know this is a full team, but would it work?

Skarmory@ Leftovers
Impish | Sturdy
252 HP | 24 Spe | 116 Def | 116 SpD
~Spikes
~Whirlwind
~Roost
~Brave Bird

Donphan@ Leftovers
Adamant | Sturdy
252 Atk | 240 HP | 16 Def
~Stealth Rock
~Rapid Spin
~Earthquake
~Ice Shard

Milotic@ Leftovers
Calm | Marvel Scale
240 HP | 240 SpD | 28 Def
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Scald
~Dragon Tail

Heatran@ Air Balloon
Hasty | Flash Fire
252 SpA | 252 Spe | 4 HP
~Lava Plume
~Earth Power
~Roar
~Hidden Power Grass/Ice

Sceptile@ Flying Gem
Adamant | Unburden
252 Atk | 252 Spe | 4 HP
~Swords Dance
~Leaf Blade
~Acrobatics
~Brick Break

CarneysRage

Sun team

I'm looking to make a sun team. Just found out that blaziken is an Uber, so my final sweeper is gone now. I was thinking of adding a chlorophyll Tangrowth in to replace it or something else, but I'm not completely sure. Also, I'm sure there are some problems with the EVs that I have planned, as in having four more or less in health might provide living through five seismic tosses, etc. If you have better numbers, feel free to tell me them.

Ninetales@Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Nature: Calm
EVs: 140SPD/112HP/252SPDEF/6DEF
~Heat Wave
~Extrasensory
~Will-o-wisp
~Solar Beam

Obligatory Sun starter. Heat Wave hits hard and doesn't miss with the weather, extrasensory and solar beam for coverage, will-o-wisp to ruin walls/pokes that can't be taken out with the other attacks.

Leafeon@Shell Bell/Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252DEF/100HP/58ATK/100SPD
~Leaf Blade
~Synthesis
~Toxic
~Dig

Probably not the best option, but it's the one I got from the befriend event, so I feel like I need to use it somehow. Combined Wall and sweeper. Leaf Blade for STAB, dig for fire types that will try to use the sun, synthesis for healing (obviously), and toxic to get pokes resistant to other attacks (Charizard, Moltres, etc.)

Castform@Wise Glasses
Ability: Forecast
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252SPD/252SPATK/6HP
~Weather Ball
~Future Sight
~Thunder Wave
~Hex

Again, felt necessary. Tried to think of how to make it into a sweeper of sorts, so maxed speed and sp attack. Future Sight will hit even after Castform gets ko'ed, weather ball gets STAB, boosted by sun, and base 100 power when affected by weather. Thunder Wave sets up Hex to do double damage. Wise Glasses boost special attacks even more.

Cherrim@Miracle Seed
Ability:Flower Gift
Nature: Modest
EVs: 200SPATK/80HP/130DEF/100SPDEF
~Aromatherapy
~Morning Sun
~Petal Dance
~Grass Knot

Mostly Support. Flower Gift boosts the rest of the team quite nicely. Aromatherapy takes out any poison, sleep, etc. from the team, allowing possibly sleeping sweeper to come back out. Morning Sun heals two thirds of health, allowing Cherrim to keep either petal dancing or grass knotting, either one depending on the opponent. Miracle Seed boosts the two attacks because I couldn't think of anything else that I could easily get.

Metagross@Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252ATK/252DEF/6HP
~Gyro Ball
~Hammer Arm
~Zen Headbutt
~Explosion

Revenge Tank. Choice Band boosts the revenge move, brave ups defense(I think) while lowering speed, which helps Gyro ball. gyro ball gets STAB, helped from choice band, and helped from hammer arm, which also provides coverage. Zen Headbutt for other STAB, coverage. Explosion to go out with a bang.

Attachments

• ninetales.jpg
    ninetales.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 65

Quilava2

Flaming Ninja
I have an idea for a team. I have used a team with these Pokemon in the past but I want to improve the team. I just want some advice where I should start and other suggestions. Here they are:

Volbeat@Focus Sash
Prankster
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
Bold
-Tail Glow
-Encore
-Baton Pass
-Bug Buzz

Alakazam@Focus Sash
Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
Timid
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Grass Knot

This combo has worked great for me. If I can catch someone off guard using a set up move, I can Tail Glow the turn they set up, Encore them so they use it again, Tail Glow again on the switch and then Baton Pass to Alakazam. I can still get one Tail Glow passed to Alakazam against an attacking Pokemon because of Focus Sash. The main problem with this is priority, which can defeat both Volbeat and Alakazam. I probably need a counter to priority attacks.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
I'm looking to make a sun team. Just found out that blaziken is an Uber, so my final sweeper is gone now. I was thinking of adding a chlorophyll Tangrowth in to replace it or something else, but I'm not completely sure. Also, I'm sure there are some problems with the EVs that I have planned, as in having four more or less in health might provide living through five seismic tosses, etc. If you have better numbers, feel free to tell me them.

Ninetales@Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Nature: Calm
EVs: 140SPD/112HP/252SPDEF/6DEF
~Heat Wave
~Extrasensory
~Will-o-wisp
~Solar Beam

Obligatory Sun starter. Heat Wave hits hard and doesn't miss with the weather, extrasensory and solar beam for coverage, will-o-wisp to ruin walls/pokes that can't be taken out with the other attacks.

Leafeon@Shell Bell/Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252DEF/100HP/58ATK/100SPD
~Leaf Blade
~Synthesis
~Toxic
~Dig

Probably not the best option, but it's the one I got from the befriend event, so I feel like I need to use it somehow. Combined Wall and sweeper. Leaf Blade for STAB, dig for fire types that will try to use the sun, synthesis for healing (obviously), and toxic to get pokes resistant to other attacks (Charizard, Moltres, etc.)

Castform@Wise Glasses
Ability: Forecast
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252SPD/252SPATK/6HP
~Weather Ball
~Future Sight
~Thunder Wave
~Hex

Again, felt necessary. Tried to think of how to make it into a sweeper of sorts, so maxed speed and sp attack. Future Sight will hit even after Castform gets ko'ed, weather ball gets STAB, boosted by sun, and base 100 power when affected by weather. Thunder Wave sets up Hex to do double damage. Wise Glasses boost special attacks even more.

Cherrim@Miracle Seed
Ability:Flower Gift
Nature: Modest
EVs: 200SPATK/80HP/130DEF/100SPDEF
~Aromatherapy
~Morning Sun
~Petal Dance
~Grass Knot

Mostly Support. Flower Gift boosts the rest of the team quite nicely. Aromatherapy takes out any poison, sleep, etc. from the team, allowing possibly sleeping sweeper to come back out. Morning Sun heals two thirds of health, allowing Cherrim to keep either petal dancing or grass knotting, either one depending on the opponent. Miracle Seed boosts the two attacks because I couldn't think of anything else that I could easily get.

Metagross@Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252ATK/252DEF/6HP
~Gyro Ball
~Hammer Arm
~Zen Headbutt
~Explosion

Revenge Tank. Choice Band boosts the revenge move, brave ups defense(I think) while lowering speed, which helps Gyro ball. gyro ball gets STAB, helped from choice band, and helped from hammer arm, which also provides coverage. Zen Headbutt for other STAB, coverage. Explosion to go out with a bang.

Tell me, is this in PO or Wifi.

CarneysRage

Tell me, is this in PO or Wifi.

Seeing as I don't completely understand what you said, I'm gonna sat it's on an actual cartridge. Battling 6v6 randoms from forum over wifi if that helps.

Vatii

Banned
Hello to all in the forums. I am Vatii. I am a girl who plays Pokemon and loves video games in general. GET OVER IT! I decided to make a team based off of a whole new threat I found known as Bouffalant. I just need some help with it. Here is what I know about Bouffalant.

Bouffalnt
Lets get this strait. It gets 120 base power attack without stab that has only 20% recoil. Add in stab and it has 180 base power. Then add in reckless and it goes all the way up to 216. Then throw in a choice band onto its attack of 350 and your going to hit like a truck, filled with cement, with one metric ton of thermite on it lit on fire. Its ridiculous. Here is the set I want to use

Bouffalant
Ability: Reckless
Item: Choice Band
Head Charge
Wild Charge
Mega Horn
Earthquake
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: +252 attack, +252 Speed​

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Seeing as I don't completely understand what you said, I'm gonna sat it's on an actual cartridge. Battling 6v6 randoms from forum over wifi if that helps.
PO is a battling system on the computer.
Hello to all in the forums. I am Vatii. I am a girl who plays Pokemon and loves video games in general. GET OVER IT! I decided to make a team based off of a whole new threat I found known as Bouffalant. I just need some help with it. Here is what I know about Bouffalant.

Bouffalnt
Lets get this strait. It gets 120 base power attack without stab that has only 20% recoil. Add in stab and it has 180 base power. Then add in reckless and it goes all the way up to 216. Then throw in a choice band onto its attack of 350 and your going to hit like a truck, filled with cement, with one metric ton of thermite on it lit on fire. Its ridiculous. Here is the set I want to use

Bouffalant
Ability: Reckless
Item: Choice Band
Head Charge
Wild Charge
Mega Horn
Earthquake
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: +252 attack, +252 Speed​

Add some more team members. Then I could help a bit more.

Vatii

Banned
PO is a battling system on the computer.

Add some more team members. Then I could help a bit more.

Ok I also want to use Carracosta and Skarmory
Carracosta
Ability: Solid Rock
Item: ????
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Shell Smash
Substitute

Skyarmory
Ability: Sturdy
Item: ????
Spikes
Whirlwind
Bravebird
Roost

Last edited:

CarneysRage

ROBO PIKA Tek 2

Kid with Pantz
So I was just reading The Smog and they were saying Metagross and Rotom-W were like a really balanced core used competivley and even won some VGCs. I was hoping someone could give just some ideas for the team.

t0rt3rr4rulez

hi, im a newbie here. i wanna make an offense team for WFC Random matchup

[spoil]( "?" means unknown)

;445;
Garchomp
Adamant
Choice Scarf
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Earthquake
-Dual Chop
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge

Garchomp would come in after Tyranitar's sand stream and sweep em. Unfortunately there are lots of Garchomp counters (Mamoswine) so he dosent get used much. Useful on occasions tho.

;248;
Tyranitar
Adamant
?
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Spd
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Brick Break

Comes in w/ sand stream and pick 1 or 2 pokes off. Dont really know how to use his full potential but very helpful.

;376;
Metagross
Adamant
Air Balloon?
252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Spd
-Aerial Ace
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash

Mainly for finishing the last poke or switch in sacrifice.

;462;
Magnezone
Timid
Choice Specs
252 Spd, 252 SpAtk, 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
-Volt Switch
-Flash Cannon

My pride and joy special sweeper. almost always first to come in, sweep weak to electric or steel types or volt switch if it cant handle them. sturdy makes sure it always gets a hit.

im also considering these pokes:

:637:
Volcarona
Modest or Timid
Focus Sash
252 Spd, 252 SpAtk, 4 HP or SpDef
-Fiery Dance
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Psychic

Quiver dance setup and focus sash so it dosent faint first, then attack

Politoed (DW Drizzle)
Timid
?
252 Spd, 252 HP, 4 SpAtk
-Perish Song
-Protect
-Ice Beam
-Surf

Rain setup. surf is obvious, ice beam for dragons. Perish Song/Protect goes like this:
Politoed used PS
Other poke used some other move (as long as not grass/electric it wont faint)
Perish count fell to 3!
P used Protect
OP's move failed
Perish count fell to 2!
Switch out to sacrifice poke
Sacrifice poke fainted
Perish count fell to 1!
Protect and bingo, i win

;272;
Ludicolo
?
Leftovers
??? HP, ??? Spd, ??? SpAtk
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Energy Ball
-?

Not so sure of this poke. awesome with politoed, but cant stand much on its own without rain. type coverage is nice.[/spoil]

thanks in advance for the help!