• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

Summonight

Who Homestuck here?
I'm a beginner going for a standard OU Team! My setup for this team is Physical Wall and Rapid Spinner/ Special Wall and Cleric / Physical Sweeper/ Special Sweeper/ Bulky Physical Sweeper / Bulky Special Sweeper. I decided that I'm going to build around my first choice's weaknesses while still maintaining certain roles. I decided to start out with a Cleric/Supporter/Special Wall, Jirachi:

Jirachi@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Nature: Calm
-Body Slam
-Fire Punch
-Wish
-Iron Head
It's pretty obvious what this Jirachi does. It'll help in healing my sweepers, as well as crippling my opponents will either Body Slam Paralysis or Fire Punch Burn. As a Special Wall, it'll be able to take a lot, and even then, it can still take a few physical hits.
Weakness: Ground/Fire

Donphan@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4Atk
Nature: Impish (+Def -SpAtk)
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Roar/Knock Off
Here is my physical wall/spinner. He will also be putting up Stealth Rocks. Donphan can wall many things, and even without much EVs in Attack, it can still rack up a lot of damage. I'm debating between Roar and Knock Off. Roar of course would be to phaze a little, but Knock Off would be too get rid of my opponent's precious item.
Weaknesses: Ice/Water/Grass
Team Weaknesses and Uncountered Types: Water/Grass/Fire/Ground (Since Donphan is a wall, I will not generally rely on it to take down any Fire types)

Now that I have my two walls down, I'd like to get started on my special sweeper. So here, I want to choose from two very powerful special sweepers: Heatran or Tornadus-T. The Scarf Heatran I plan on using will have Fire Blast, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, HP Ice. It'll be able to take care of the Ice Weakness, Grass, Fire, and Ground. But there is still Water. Thankfully, I still have space of my team for a water counter.
The Life Orb Tornadus-T I will use will have Air Slash, HP Ground, Focus Blast, U-Turn. It'll be able to cover the Ice Weakness, Grass and Fire. If I use Tornadus-T, there will still be a remaining Water/Ground weakness. Thankfully, a good grass type will eliminate both weaknesses.

In the end, if I use either, I will need a Grass type to take on the weaknesses. So, I was thinking Breloom!

What do you guys think? Tornadus-T or Heatran? I can't continue on the rest of my team unless I get a decision on who to choose. Although, I'm hoping to use Terrakion as my Physical Sweeper later on.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm a beginner going for a standard OU Team! My setup for this team is Physical Wall and Rapid Spinner/ Special Wall and Cleric / Physical Sweeper/ Special Sweeper/ Bulky Physical Sweeper / Bulky Special Sweeper. I decided that I'm going to build around my first choice's weaknesses while still maintaining certain roles. I decided to start out with a Cleric/Supporter/Special Wall, Jirachi:

Jirachi@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
-Body Slam
-Fire Punch
-Wish
-Iron Head
It's pretty obvious what this Jirachi does. It'll help in healing my sweepers, as well as crippling my opponents will either Body Slam Paralysis or Fire Punch Burn. As a Special Wall, it'll be able to take a lot, and even then, it can still take a few physical hits.
Weakness: Ground/Fire

Donphan@Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4Atk
Nature: Impish (+Def -SpAtk)
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Roar/Knock Off
Here is my physical wall/spinner. He will also be putting up Stealth Rocks. Donphan can wall many things, and even without much EVs in Attack, it can still rack up a lot of damage. I'm debating between Roar and Knock Off. Roar of course would be to phaze a little, but Knock Off would be too get rid of my opponent's precious item.
Weaknesses: Ice/Water/Grass
Team Weaknesses and Uncountered Types: Water/Grass/Fire/Ground (Since Donphan is a wall, I will not generally rely on it to take down any Fire types)

Now that I have my two walls down, I'd like to get started on my special sweeper. So here, I want to choose from two very powerful special sweepers: Heatran or Tornadus-T. The Scarf Heatran I plan on using will have Fire Blast, Flash Cannon, Earth Power, HP Ice. It'll be able to take care of the Ice Weakness, Grass, Fire, and Ground. But there is still Water. Thankfully, I still have space of my team for a water counter.
The Life Orb Tornadus-T I will use will have Air Slash, HP Ground, Focus Blast, U-Turn. It'll be able to cover the Ice Weakness, Grass and Fire. If I use Tornadus-T, there will still be a remaining Water/Ground weakness. Thankfully, a good grass type will eliminate both weaknesses.

In the end, if I use either, I will need a Grass type to take on the weaknesses. So, I was thinking Breloom!

What do you guys think? Tornadus-T or Heatran? I can't continue on the rest of my team unless I get a decision on who to choose. Although, I'm hoping to use Terrakion as my Physical Sweeper later on.

I can't ever understand why anyone would use ScarfTran when Flame Charge Heatran exists.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Timid
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flame Charge

Summonight

Who Homestuck here?
I can't ever understand why anyone would use ScarfTran when Flame Charge Heatran exists.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Timid
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flame Charge

It certainly sounds nice. I'll try it out.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Have a team I'm building for VGC'13 here:

Virizion@Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252HP, 252SpDef, 4SpAtk.
Nature: Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
Giga Drain
Focus Blast
Synthesis
Protect

This is my specially defensive wall, it can take a Flamethrower and still be over half HP, and can still pack a punch with STAB Giga Drain and Focus Blast. It has pretty good defensive typing, too, and I usually lead with it as it can scout with Protect and isn't bothered by Intimidate.

Gyarados@Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 100HP, 210Atk, 100SpDef, 100Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Rest
Sleep Talk

This is my physical attacker. It supports the team with intimidate, and it can easily wall the ever-popular Fighting types. It is offensive, so it does a lot of damage with Waterfall, and can be very annoying with it's chance of flinch. It is bulky, so a Rest/Sleep Talk/Lum Berry combination is used to elongate it's life as much as possible.

Heatran@Air Balloon
Ability: Flash fire
EVs: 4Def, 252SpAtk, 252Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Heat Wave
Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Will-O-Wisp

This is my Special Sweeper. It takes a decent chunk out of anything that doesn't resist it, and it is very physically bulky. Heat Wave is it's STAB spread attack, and Dark Pulse is for Cresselia, and Earth Power is for type coverage, especially against other Heatran. The speed EVs allow it to outspeed every Heatran I've come across so far. Will-O-Wisp is to cripple physical attackers and get the ever-important residual damage on walls and bulky pokemon.

This is my team so far. It has had decent sucess, but it isn't finished. It seems to struggle with Thundurus, Zapdos and Cresselia a lot, all of which are very common. Any help would be appreciated.
I don`t know if it`s common in vgc, but aerodactyl seems like it could be a good addition to your team. It outspeeds and can kill zapdos and thundurus with rock slide. Maybe this set:

Aerodactyl@rock gem/cheri berry/lum berry (latter two against paralysis from thundurus and cresselia)
Trait: pressure/rock head
252att/252spe/4hp
-Rock slide
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Crunch (to deal with cresselia the offensive way)/taunt (also helpful for cress)

I don`t have any experience with vgc, so if this is a very stupid suggestion, i`m sorry :p

guyy94

I want to try to build a Trick room team

Name: Chandelure
Nature: Modest
Held Item: Iron Ball
EV: 6 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Move 1: Shadow Ball
Move 2: Psychic
Move 3: Fire Blast
Move 4: Trick Room

This is my sweeper guy, Of course I won't be using this first, but when i do use it, I will set up trick room first, and proceed with sweep.

Name: Swoobat
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Def
Move 1: Substitution
Move 2: Reflect
Move 3: Light Screen

Swoobat is my dual screener with a trick room set up. Of course I will use substitute first before doing any set up.

Name: Ambipom
Nature: Brave
Held Item: Flame Orb
EV: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 HP
Move 1: Nasty Plot
Move 2: Baton Pass
Move 3: Facade
Move 4: Swagger

Ambipom is my wall person, I will use substitution on swoobat before switching to ambipom so it has first hand cover when he switches in.After he switched in, I want to use swagger to confuse the opponent and then up my nasty plot afterwards I'll baton pass out, if anything goes wrong I can use facade to deal double dmg due to the flame orb.
now the problem is, I don't know what other pokemons to use, I'm thinking of a support pokemon for HP recovery, but i accept all suggestions. oh and this is in UU tier

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Name: Chandelure
Nature: Modest
Held Item: Iron Ball
EV: 6 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Move 1: Shadow Ball
Move 2: Psychic
Move 3: Fire Blast

This is my sweeper guy, Of course I won't be using this first, but when i do use it, I will set up trick room first, and proceed with sweep.

Name: Swoobat
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Def
Move 1: Substitution
Move 2: Reflect
Move 3: Light Screen

Swoobat is my dual screener with a trick room set up. Of course I will use substitute first before doing any set up.

Name: Ambipom
Nature: Brave
Held Item: Flame Orb
EV: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 HP
Move 1: Nasty Plot
Move 2: Baton Pass
Move 3: Facade
Move 4: Swagger

Ambipom is my wall person, I will use substitution on swoobat before switching to ambipom so it has first hand cover when he switches in.After he switched in, I want to use swagger to confuse the opponent and then up my nasty plot afterwards I'll baton pass out, if anything goes wrong I can use facade to deal double dmg due to the flame orb.
now the problem is, I don't know what other pokemons to use, I'm thinking of a support pokemon for HP recovery, but i accept all suggestions. oh and this is in UU tier

I'm not the best on trick room, but I think when I had a team it had a Reuniclus that would be best at stalling it out, or just a pure attacker with a life orb. I really like it in doubles or triples because you can set up with Reuni and then next turn when it should be one of the first attackers, it'll be just that little bit more powerful.

579.gif

Reuniclus @ Life orb
Ability: Magic guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 spd is a must
Nature: Quiet
- Trick room
- Psychic/ Psyshock
- Focus blast
- Shadow ball/ HP fire

The choice of whether to use Psychic or Psyshock can be tricky, but it's mandatory to have either for a strong STAB move. Psychic is the more used option, as many physical walls such as Gliscor and Hippowdon will be able to easily stall Reuniclus until Trick Room is up as it doesn't have a strong special move to keep up with the healing rates. But, Psyshock is still useful in order to beat many powerful walls that can benefit from boosted defenses in sandstorm such as Terrakion and Gastrodon while Blissey and Chansey can soak up psychic. The point of Focus Blast is to not be a sitting duck against dark and steel types and hits Tyranitar, a Pokemon that can usually deal a lot of damage to Reuniclus, especially hard. Shadow Ball is the preferred option in the last slot, as it hits Latios, Latias, and Celebi harder than anything else Reuniclus has. However, outside of the rain, Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Jirachi hard, and it still hits Celebi relatively hard. It also gives a reliable way to finish off Ferrothorn and Forretress as it will not miss, like Focus Blast often does.

Now, my turn. I want to make a good team, my win streak on Black was decent, but the new updates are a bit of a hassle.

620.gif

Mienshao @ Life orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4hp / 252att/ 252spd
Nature: Jolly
- Fake out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone edge/ rock slide

I'm thinking of using one of my favourites ( which is funnily what my entire team was last time ) and thought.... Mienshao! It hits hard, and fast. I'm going to use it on my white 2 version when I get it, and it's going to be a challenge mode to make it more fun.

I was thinking of adding Arcanine and Salamence to be my other physical attackers, but suggestions would be great.

Last edited:

McDanger

I'm not the best on trick room, but I think when I had a team it had a Reuniclus that would be best at stalling it out, or just a pure attacker with a life orb. I really like it in doubles or triples because you can set up with Reuni and then next turn when it should be one of the first attackers, it'll be just that little bit more powerful.

579.gif

Reuniclus @ Life orb
Ability: Magic guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SpA
IVs: 0 spd is a must
Nature: Quiet
- Trick room
- Psychic/ Psyshock
- Focus blast
- Shadow ball/ HP fire

The choice of whether to use Psychic or Psyshock can be tricky, but it's mandatory to have either for a strong STAB move. Psychic is the more used option, as many physical walls such as Gliscor and Hippowdon will be able to easily stall Reuniclus until Trick Room is up as it doesn't have a strong special move to keep up with the healing rates. But, Psyshock is still useful in order to beat many powerful walls that can benefit from boosted defenses in sandstorm such as Terrakion and Gastrodon while Blissey and Chansey can soak up psychic. The point of Focus Blast is to not be a sitting duck against dark and steel types and hits Tyranitar, a Pokemon that can usually deal a lot of damage to Reuniclus, especially hard. Shadow Ball is the preferred option in the last slot, as it hits Latios, Latias, and Celebi harder than anything else Reuniclus has. However, outside of the rain, Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Jirachi hard, and it still hits Celebi relatively hard. It also gives a reliable way to finish off Ferrothorn and Forretress as it will not miss, like Focus Blast often does.

Now, my turn. I want to make a good team, my win streak on Black was decent, but the new updates are a bit of a hassle.

620.gif

Mienshao @ Life orb
EVs: 4hp / 252att/ 252spd
Nature: Jolly
- Fake out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Stone edge/ rock slide

I'm thinking of using one of my favourites ( which is funnily what my entire team was last time ) and thought.... Mienshao! It hits hard, and fast. I'm going to use it on my white 2 version when I get it, and it's going to be a challenge mode to make it more fun.

I was thinking of adding Arcanine and Salamence to be my other physical attackers, but suggestions would be great.

honestly mieshao sucks in OU he doesnt have the speed or power to compete, so it would be better to do a UU team
as far as the core goes, i would run a double fighting core with scrafty as mienshao and scrafty have the same walls
Mienshao @ Life orb
EVs: 252att/ 4sp att/ 252spd
Nature: naive
- Fake out
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- HP ice

Scrafty@lum berry
ability: moxie
evs: 4hp/252 att/252speed
nature: jolly
-dragon dance
-drain punch
-ice punch
-crunch

you`ll just need to add guys to help cover threats like tornadus and it may be hard to widle away slowbros hps because of regenorater

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Mienshao doesn't suck in OU. It gets the best Fighting type move in Hi Jump Kick, is pretty fast for a Fighting type, and has a good SpA for HP Ice for Dragons.

McDanger

it does its rather terrible, terrakion is fast, has more attack, better coverage, keldeo cant say the same for coverage but stat wise is superior. Plus its defenses are so bad, it can stomach a strong hit. He did better in BW 1 where people really used walls, as he functions in OU as a wallbreaker rather then a sweeper, but the only consistant walls you see now are jirachi, celebi, rotom wash, and ferrothorn, who he can come in on 1, threaten 2 and be KOed by 3, not to mention the amount of latios`s and scarfed keldeos, he cant handle the speed shift between BW1 and 2

Shreyas

it does its rather terrible, terrakion is fast, has more attack, better coverage, keldeo cant say the same for coverage but stat wise is superior. Plus its defenses are so bad, it can stomach a strong hit. He did better in BW 1 where people really used walls, as he functions in OU as a wallbreaker rather then a sweeper, but the only consistant walls you see now are jirachi, celebi, rotom wash, and ferrothorn, who he can come in on 1, threaten 2 and be KOed by 3, not to mention the amount of latios`s and scarfed keldeos, he cant handle the speed shift between BW1 and 2

I disagree on the fact that he does a terrible job and can't do much to those listed walls. The thing about Mienshao is in his moves and ability more than stats, the way I see it. He is pretty good at dealing consistent damage through Fake Out + U-Turn, as well as taking a chunk out of most Pokemon with Hi Jump Kick. If a tank Celebi is out against a Mienshao, the Celebi should really be a bit more scared than Mienshao. LO U-Turn hits rather hard on, if not OHKOs Celebi. Hi Jump Kick can 2HKO Rotom-W and Specially Defensive Jirachis. Most tanks in OU should actually be scared of Mienshao. Mostly because they can't reliably switch in without being scared of something Mienshao carries. On top of that, Mienshao doesn't mind hazards as much thanks to regenerator. He can shrug it off by U-Turning out.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Okay, I just realized there will be a pokemon tournament for BW/BW2 nearby tomorrow night and, of course, I want to enter, lol. However, I don't have a team already made . . .

I have a couple mons that have breed bred for IVs and are either EV trained or waiting to be EV trained, but not 6 that I would think would flow together well. I could be wrong though.
I'm a poor battler when it comes to being creative or battling competitively in general, so what I do have is just c/p from Smogon.

These are the tourny rules:
1. Species Clause: Each Pokemon on a Player’s team must be a different pokemon

2. Item Clause: All pokemon must be holding different items

3. Self-KO Clause: The player automatically loses if their last pokemon uses Selfdestruct, Explosion, Destiny Bond or Peirsh Song

4. Sleep Clause: Each player can only have one pokemon asleep at a time (rest does not count)

5. Freeze Clause: Each player can only have one pokemon frozen at a time.

6. Evasion Clause: Double Team, Minimize, BrightPowder and Lax Incense are banned

7. OHKO Clause: Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine and Sheer Cold are banned

8. Sky Drop and Dark Void is banned

9. NO WONDER LAUNCHER!!!

10. All battles will be single battle conducted though the C-Gear.

Banned Pokemon List
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect.

So, this is what I'm thinking so far:

Virizion @ Life Orb
(x/31/x/31/31/31)
Justified
Naive (-SpDef, +Speed)
-Giga Drain
-Close Combat
-Hidden Power Ice
-Work Up
104 Atk / 152 SpA / 252 Spe

Arcanine @ Choice Band (maybe, I'm not settled on what item to use)
Flash Fire
Adamant (-SpAtk, +Atk)
-Extremespeed
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
72 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 176 Spe

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Regenerator
Bold (-Atk, +Def)
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Thunder Wave
-Psychic
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

I'm thinking of using these 3 as my FWG core, but beyond that I'm unsure of what pokemon to use. I have the following random pokemon already bred from previous weeks, awaiting EV training:

Naive Moxie Bagon (30/31/x/x/31/31)
Jolly Sand Veil Gible (20-21/31/28/24/24/26) (<- not sure if I should try for a better one or not . . .)
Adamant Dry Skin Croagunk (31/31/x/x/31/30)
Timid Volt Absorb Jolteon (31/x/x/31/x/31)
Timid Pressure Zapdos (x/x/x/31/x/31)

And I have these random pokemon already EV trained and raring to go:

Politoed
(31/x/x/31/x/31)
Drought
Modest (-Atk, +SpAtk)
-Hydro Pump
-Perish Song
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

Excadrill
(x/31/x/x/31/31)
Mold Breaker
Adamant
-Stealth Rock
-Swords Dance
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
176 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpD / 20 Spe

Magnezone
(x/31/31/31/x/x)
Magnet Pull
Modest
-Charge Beam
-Substitute
-HP Ice
-Thunderbolt
212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
(x/x/x/31/31/31)
MAgic Guard
Timid (-Atk, +Spd)
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Charge Beam
252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Gyarados
(31/31/31/31/31/31)
Moxie
Adamant
-EQ
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Ice Fang
252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe

Venemoth
(31/x/31/31/31/31)
Tinted Lens
Timid
-Bug Buzz
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Powder
-Baton Pass
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

So, yeah. That's what I have pretty much and I'm not sure what to do with it, lol. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm prepared to breed pokemon, but hopefully not more than 2 since the tourny begins in 29 hours from the time of this writing...

White_Roar~

Mother Monster

Actually mcdanger and Shreyas are correct, it's somewhat "terrible" in OU =/ Sorry to say, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. But it lacks the ability to take down or even hit some walls in the OU Tier such as Metagross and Vaporeon. Here's a list:
Deoxys-D
Ferrothorn
Forretress
Donphan
Gliscor
Jellicent
Jirachi
Magnezone
Metagross
Skarmory
Tyranitar
Vaporeon

However, it does possess some potential Fighting Type Moves like the uncommon yet powerful, Aura Sphere, which can prove to be useful toward Magnezone, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar and Donphan, but if they survive it, (i.e holding a Focus Sash) you may be in terrible trouble...

It also lacks some special moves that it could really benefit from to attack walls. Say if it had moves like Ice Punch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse or Blizzard for example, then it would serve as a problem to some common Pokemon in the OU Tier, even ones that aren't walls! ^-^

This also goes for those OU Sweepers aforementioned by mcdanger, like Terrakion! They can prove be super deadly against Mienshao!

shottyrulz

Actually a sucky team builder. Only know how to use "dazzling moves" so not sure how to build a combination with other moves.

Electavire ;466; @ no item
Ability: Motor drive
EVs: No idea, got through trade
Relaxed nature (+def -spd)
Electroball
Thunderbolt
Low kick
Swift
Due to the possibility of only being able to get one of them, his increased def stat is what I will work on, however I wanted him to be a heavy hitter, due to the wide range of moves he can learn. Also, being only level 16, I'm sure he would still have many EV points left to get.

Zoroark :571: @kings rock
Ability: Illusion
EVs: Bit of everything. Had at start of the game and used it throughout
Hasty nature (+spd -def)
Fury swipes
Faint attack
Night slash
Foul play
I like this guy because he is fast. His illusion ability comes in handy. I also like his foul play attack to take out opponents that have a high attack, while also being fast makes him dangerous. He doesn't have a wide move set, with most of the moves being dark types.

Charizard ;006; @rocky helmet
Ability: Blaze
Evs: (atk + 255. spatk + 255)
Nature: Hasty
Slash
Wing attack
Flamethrower
Flame burst
I like to use this guy as my heavy hitter, mainly around the special attack area. Regretting not putting more into speed, but all into attack.

I'm looking for possible better move sets for these three, while also looking for three other pokemon. I'm thinking of putting Kyogre in there, if it isn't banned, I like the drizzle-thunder combonation for double and triple ideas.

Edit: Fixed up a sentence to make more sense.

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Actually mcdanger and Shreyas are correct, it's somewhat "terrible" in OU =/ Sorry to say, I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. But it lacks the ability to take down or even hit some walls in the OU Tier such as Metagross and Vaporeon. Here's a list:
Deoxys-D
Ferrothorn
Forretress
Donphan
Gliscor
Jellicent
Jirachi
Magnezone
Metagross
Skarmory
Tyranitar
Vaporeon

However, it does possess some potential Fighting Type Moves like the uncommon yet powerful, Aura Sphere, which can prove to be useful toward Magnezone, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar and Donphan, but if they survive it, (i.e holding a Focus Sash) you may be in terrible trouble...

It also lacks some special moves that it could really benefit from to attack walls. Say if it had moves like Ice Punch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse or Blizzard for example, then it would serve as a problem to some common Pokemon in the OU Tier, even ones that aren't walls! ^-^

This also goes for those OU Sweepers aforementioned by mcdanger, like Terrakion! They can prove be super deadly against Mienshao!

Eh Tbh, if we're looking for an Aura Sphere user here, Lucario is a better choice. Mienshao has 95 sp.atk while Lucario has 115 with 10 extra points in both spectrums of defense. Granted, Mienshao can beat it, but Lucario has Extremespeed, which hits on Mienshao's 60 defense... so yeah. Besides, OU is full of revenge killers, and priority users. I think BP can from Banded Scizor can KO Mienshao, gotta do the calcs later, but at least it can pack a huge punch.

Nonetheless, Mienshao can still be used in OU, thought Keldeo / Terrakion outclasses it in most area. Terrakion especially gets that nifty 50% boost in sand...

EDIT: Oh yeah, Magnezones usually don't run Sash. At least I've never ran into Sash Zones before. I think Ferrothorn can take a Aura Sphere at retaliate with STAB Gyro Ball. As for T-tar, not sure, usually they just run whatever berry for my case. Donphan haz sturdyz.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Eh Tbh, if we're looking for an Aura Sphere user here, Lucario is a better choice. Mienshao has 95 sp.atk while Lucario has 115 with 10 extra points in both spectrums of defense. Granted, Mienshao can beat it, but Lucario has Extremespeed, which hits on Mienshao's 60 defense... so yeah. Besides, OU is full of revenge killers, and priority users. I think BP can from Banded Scizor can KO Mienshao, gotta do the calcs later, but at least it can pack a huge punch.

Nonetheless, Mienshao can still be used in OU, thought Keldeo / Terrakion outclasses it in most area. Terrakion especially gets that nifty 50% boost in sand...

EDIT: Oh yeah, Magnezones usually don't run Sash. At least I've never ran into Sash Zones before. I think Ferrothorn can take a Aura Sphere at retaliate with STAB Gyro Ball. As for T-tar, not sure, usually they just run whatever berry for my case. Donphan haz sturdyz.

Luke also gets Nasty Plot to utilize on Special sets, and most Magnezone would rather run Air Balloon or Leftovers + SubCharge.

McDanger

i`m surprised this is still going on
i say mienshao is bad because he lacks he power and speed to outright sweep, he cant set up anything besides calm mind, which as divine retribution said, lucario does better. Thus leaving him in the role of wall breaker. He was good in BW 1 when everyone used gliscor, ferrothorn, jellicent, etc. because he could KO those threats. How he faces alot of competition with kyurem black, who does the same thing, but with more power, better bulk, and arguably better typing. Plus the metagame is so offensive oriented, mienshao cant really switch in with easy because hes a glass cannon. 65/60/60 is bad, it cant switch in on a dark move from the most common dark pokemon without lossing close to half its health, basically forcing it back out, while banded hits for about 3/4. Even though he has 105 base speed, other fightings like terrakion and keldeo out class him in speed and attack, while slower fightings like breloom add more support to a team then he provides. Yes he can shie with support, but why would you waste 2 spots to support a support. Overall, he can be decent, but is outclassed in basically every area but the common fightings in OU.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
i`m surprised this is still going on
i say mienshao is bad because he lacks he power and speed to outright sweep, he cant set up anything besides calm mind, which as divine retribution said, lucario does better. Thus leaving him in the role of wall breaker. He was good in BW 1 when everyone used gliscor, ferrothorn, jellicent, etc. because he could KO those threats. How he faces alot of competition with kyurem black, who does the same thing, but with more power, better bulk, and arguably better typing. Plus the metagame is so offensive oriented, mienshao cant really switch in with easy because hes a glass cannon. 65/60/60 is bad, it cant switch in on a dark move from the most common dark pokemon without lossing close to half its health, basically forcing it back out, while banded hits for about 3/4. Even though he has 105 base speed, other fightings like terrakion and keldeo out class him in speed and attack, while slower fightings like breloom add more support to a team then he provides. Yes he can shie with support, but why would you waste 2 spots to support a support. Overall, he can be decent, but is outclassed in basically every area but the common fightings in OU.

I'm surprised too and yet again, I agree with Sir mcdanger. Yes, Mienshao can "shine" with the right support, but what if those Pokemon that "make" the support, faint before you even get to use your strategy? Mienshao lacks the coverage to fight certain Pokemon as well as it's stats. It's basically a Glass Cannon aforementioned by mcdanger. (xD) You would've wasted 2 spots of your team that could've been enough for you to be victorious in battle. Since we're on the discussion of OU, then this is why we suggest Lucario, it has better offensive stats, better Special Attack for it's Aura Sphere use, better Speed, Defensive, and Typing in order to take hits and move quickly. And it has the ability to provide excellent coverage from moves like Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Psychic.

So sorry if this offends anyone, but facts are facts. =/

Pett432

Can anyone tell if this is a good team :

Volcarono Modest
Ability : Flame Body
Ses attaques : Hurricane bug buzz quiver dance heat wave
307/140/150/405/278/267

Jolteon Timid
Ability : Absorb Volt
thunderbolt Volt Swith shadow ball PC (grass)
270/126/142/316/227/392

Dragonite Adamant
Ability : Multiscales (DW)
Outrage earthquake Fire punch dragon dance
323/403/226/212/218/254

Alakazam Timid
Ability: Magic Guard
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Ice

Feraligatr Jolly