• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

ThestandingO

Flygon@leftovers
Nature: careful
Ability: levitate
Earthquake
Dragon pulse
Dragon claw
Flamethrower

Entei@leftovers
Nature: mild
Ability; pressure
Hidden power(grass)
Overheat
Eruption
Shadow ball

Haxorus@rockyhelmet
Nature timid
Ability rivalry
Dragon dance
Dracometeor
Dragon pulse
Dragon claw
New to wifi batles I know I need walls but I don't know what to do

DarkTitan837

I think I need some help with my team.

Right now, I am planning on building a team with the sweeper core (Physical/Special) being:

1. Hydreigon @ (insert item here; any recommendations?)
Nature: Modest
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IV's: Not sure yet
Moves:
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

2. Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Blaze
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IV's: 31, 31, 31, 31, 30,31 (Made a really good trade :p)
Moves:
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Knowing that, could someone give me advice on which tanks/walls to help cover these two sweepers best, and how to train them? And, of course, criticism for these Pokemon and how to make them better?

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
I think I need some help with my team.

Right now, I am planning on building a team with the sweeper core (Physical/Special) being:

1. Hydreigon @ (insert item here; any recommendations?)
Nature: Modest
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IV's: Not sure yet
Moves:
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

2. Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Blaze
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
IV's: 31, 31, 31, 31, 30,31 (Made a really good trade :p)
Moves:
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Knowing that, could someone give me advice on which tanks/walls to help cover these two sweepers best, and how to train them? And, of course, criticism for these Pokemon and how to make them better?

Well, I recommend either a choice scarf or specs on hydreigon, depends on if you want more speed or power. I use specs. If you want to sweep amazingly with that infernape, run this.

Ninjask
Ev's 252 spd
Swords dance
Substitute
Protect
baton pass.
Trait:speed boost

Basically, gain speed with speed boost and gain attack with swords dance, keep your self alive with protect and substitute, and after a while baton pass to infernape.

DarkTitan837

Well, I recommend either a choice scarf or specs on hydreigon, depends on if you want more speed or power. I use specs. If you want to sweep amazingly with that infernape, run this.

Ninjask
Ev's 252 spd
Swords dance
Substitute
Protect
baton pass.
Trait:speed boost

Basically, gain speed with speed boost and gain attack with swords dance, keep your self alive with protect and substitute, and after a while baton pass to infernape.

I've used Ninjask before, and it was easily countered on numerous occasions. I didn't use Substitute, mind you, but nonetheless, knowing the players in the competitive fields, just one look at a Ninjask on my team and they'll know what I'm planning almost immediately.

Besides, I'd like some tanks for the rest of the slots. For the traplayer, I was thinking Bronzong, but I'm not too sure.

Minedreigon

I've used Ninjask before, and it was easily countered on numerous occasions. I didn't use Substitute, mind you, but nonetheless, knowing the players in the competitive fields, just one look at a Ninjask on my team and they'll know what I'm planning almost immediately.

Besides, I'd like some tanks for the rest of the slots. For the traplayer, I was thinking Bronzong, but I'm not too sure.

I guess that's true. Then try blissy and skarmory. Both are extremely useful tanks. I don't have any good sets for them though.

STABX4

Hi guys,
Im building a dual weather sand and rain team and need help deciding on a sixth member. This team will be used for the wifi tournament at the end of July so it follows those rules of being able to use basically any pokemon. If you can, please try to suggest a pokemon that would work well with either rain or sand up
thanks,
STABX4
Tyranitar@Focus Sash
Sand Stream
Evs: 4 Atk/252 spA/252 Speed
Hasty
Crunch
Fire Blast
Low Kick
Rock Slide

Excadrill@ Life Orb
Sand Rush
Evs:4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Adamant
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Iron Head

Scizor@Choice Band
Technician
EVs:248 HP/252 Atk/8 SpD
Adamant
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

Kyogre@Choice Specs
Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Speed
Modest
Water Spout
Surf
Thunder
Ice Beam

Gyarados@ Life Orb
Moxie
Evs:252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Bounce
Stone Edge

zwgiantsfan

<- Best Pokémon Ever
Need a 6th Member!!

Hey guys. I'm trying to make on OU team for the tournament coming up based around Espeon (my favorite Pokemon of course), although I'm not sure if I should make it a dual screen, baton pass, or sweeper. But here's the team. I also don't like using legendaries in OU, so my only rules are I must keep Espeon, won't use legendaries, and don't prefer using HP since I'm not an expert breeder (unless someone wants to donate a timid Rotom with HP fire 31/30/31/30/31/30).

;196;
Kookamunga the Anti-Lead Espeon (F) @Light Clay | Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Timid | Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd | 200 Sp. Atk / 56 Sp. Def / 252 Spd
-Psyshock / Psychic
-Shadow Ball | Calm Mind
-Reflect | Baton Pass
-Light Screen | Wish
I'm 100% using Magic Bounce Espeon I think I'm gonna make it an anti-lead. The only issue is what Espeon to use, a Dual Screen or a Baton Pass.

;091;
Cloyster (M) @White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell
I have always used a bulky lead Cloyster, but I'm going to try for Shell Smash this time and see how it goes. High attack and speed will work perfectly with its already (extremely) high Defense.

;286;
Breloom (F) @Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Bullet Seed
-Low Sweep
-Mach Punch
-Spore
I've always thought Breloom was a very good Pokemon, but now I've finally decided to use it with it's DW ability. Love everything except I'm not sure what to use for the last move spot. I figured with Focus Sash I can survive a flying attack and Spore my opponent before I die, allowing me to then switch out or sweep. This means I don't really need Stone Edge or Rock Slide over Spore, but if you guys think I do, I'll listen. Also the perfect Tyranitar counter.

:637:
Volcarona (M) @Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
-Bug Buzz
-Quiver Dance
-Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
-Giga Drain?
I needed a fire Pokemon and a special sweeper, and with Volcarona's increase in usage and popularity, it came to mind. Although I really want Swarm, I can't use it yet, but the set it has now should be good.

;149;
Dragonite (F) @Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
-ExtremeSpeed
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Dragon Claw
Multiscale nearly gives me an 100% chance that it can survive at least 1 turn, enabling me to successfully use DD and then sweep.

Ok now, I really need help for a 6th member. I want someone good in HP and Sp. Def, and rock and flying are my 2 big weaknesses.
I was considering an Eviolite Dusclops, but that doesn't help either of my weaknesses and has low HP.
Maybe a Bastidoon, even though I don't really like it, or a classic Walling Blissey.
I would love to go for a Milotic, but I already have Cloyster, so if someone has any ideas for a Cloyster replacement instead, that would help too (and it would preferably have to have high defense too).

Also, any suggestions on items?

Thanks a lot everyone!
;196; ;091; ;286; :637: ;149; ???

Last edited:

Minedreigon

Hey guys. I'm trying to make on OU team for the tournament coming up based around Espeon (my favorite Pokemon of course), although I'm not sure if I should make it a dual screen, baton pass, or sweeper. But here's the team. I also don't like using legendaries in OU, so my only rules are I must keep Espeon, won't use legendaries, and don't prefer using HP since I'm not an expert breeder (unless someone wants to donate a timid Rotom with HP fire 31/30/31/30/31/30).

;196;
Kookamunga the Anti-Lead Espeon (F) @Light Clay | Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Timid | Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd | 200 Sp. Atk / 56 Sp. Def / 252 Spd
-Psyshock / Psychic
-Shadow Ball | Calm Mind
-Reflect | Baton Pass
-Light Screen | Wish
I'm 100% using Magic Bounce Espeon I think I'm gonna make it an anti-lead. The only issue is what Espeon to use, a Dual Screen or a Baton Pass.

;091;
Cloyster (M) @White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell
I have always used a bulky lead Cloyster, but I'm going to try for Shell Smash this time and see how it goes. High attack and speed will work perfectly with its already (extremely) high Defense.

;286;
Breloom (F) @Focus Sash
-Bullet Seed
-Low Sweep
-Mach Punch
-Spore
I've always thought Breloom was a very good Pokemon, but now I've finally decided to use it with it's DW ability. Love everything except I'm not sure what to use for the last move spot. I figured with Focus Sash I can survive a flying attack and Spore my opponent before I die, allowing me to then switch out or sweep. This means I don't really need Stone Edge or Rock Slide over Spore, but if you guys think I do, I'll listen. Also the perfect Tyranitar counter.

:637:
Volcarona (M) @Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
-Bug Buzz
-Quiver Dance
-Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
-Giga Drain?
I needed a fire Pokemon and a special sweeper, and with Volcarona's increase in usage and popularity, it came to mind. Although I really want Swarm, I can't use it yet, but the set it has now should be good.

;149;
Dragonite (F) @Leftovers/Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
-ExtremeSpeed
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Dragon Claw
Multiscale nearly gives me an 100% chance that it can survive at least 1 turn, enabling me to successfully use DD and then sweep.

Ok now, I really need help for a 6th member. I want someone good in HP and Sp. Def, and rock and flying are my 2 big weaknesses.
I was considering an Eviolite Dusclops, but that doesn't help either of my weaknesses and has low HP.
Maybe a Bastidoon, even though I don't really like it, or a classic Walling Blissey.
I would love to go for a Milotic, but I already have Cloyster, so if someone has any ideas for a Cloyster replacement instead, that would help too (and it would preferably have to have high defense too).

Also, any suggestions on items?

Thanks a lot everyone!
;196; ;091; ;286; :637: ;149; ???

To avoid rock and flying types, try skarmory. Plus, you can set up spikes and stealth rocks with it.

Skarmory
Spikes
Stealth rock
Roost
brave bird
Rocky helmet

And for espeon, double screen is my personal favourite choice. You could also use blissy. And for volcarona, fiery dance>fire blast

@STABX4 try this.
Kingdra
Swift swim/sniper
Life orb
Outrage
Dragon dance
Substitute
Waterfall

Basically set up sub and use dragon dance, then sweep away. Sniper is useable if you want more critical hits. This set is very useful overall, imo.

Last edited:

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
A wisher's Doom Desire

In the team I'm asking for a helping hand, my Ubers team focuses on my favorite pokemon: Jirachi the Wish Maker.

Currently, I tried using a variety of pokemon that comes into my favorites. Though, one of them is a pokemon I truly dislike using, I restrained myself from using it just to compensate with the difficulty.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 120 SDef / 16 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Cosmic Power
- Fire Punch

This one gets a mix for being a versatile pokemon because versatility pokemon are my best game. Cosmic power is a great way for me to buff up my defenses against hazard setters (I repeat, not Dark void and Spore users) while I have the common attack sets from the parahax strategy. You think she can't fend off big legendaries, she proves you otherwise. Lefties is my only way of recovery though. So I focus all my Ev's in the art of defense ad special defense.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Trick
- Bounce
- V-create

If I ever come across a F****** FERROTHORN, trick it on one move only.
Another gimmick for me to mess up that elder dragon called Lugia. I really respect that guy. But he just does NOT WANT TO DIE!!! If you're wondering, Whit's bounce for? Well, I could try it for scouting a move or spread paralysis.

Reshiram @ Wise Glasses
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Blue Flare
- Flame Charge
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge

Generally, she can be my attacking lead as I flame charge my way until I begin ending Ho-ohs with Stone Edge and Obliterate other Dragons with Draco Meteor. Blue flare, especially on sun = death. The wise glasses is merely for boosting my special attacks.

Zekrom @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Thunder Wave
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk

One gimmick I could do to darkrai is to convince him to give me a dark void while I use sleep talk to either paralze hi m or just outright obliterate him. I just really built him specifically for darkrai and Lugia. Kyogre and manaphy could work too.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Do I need to tell you more? Maybe I should. Recover is to benefit the power of soul dew while she brings the pain on her draconic boyfriend (points at Rayquaza). HP fighting is for potentially steel types and a worn out / crippled Arceus.

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 4 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Spacial Rend

THIS is one of those pokemon I NEVER EVER WANT TO USE! But I had to just to ompensate with my team while I give him an Implement to my favorite type: Grass. HP and Speed? Thanks to those 120 all over, my fast calm mind offense proves to be worth the trade with my already bulky stats of 120.

Now, I don't just how to make it better though. But if you are gonna give a pokemon replacement, I have Important rules to give you. he following pokemon are those pokemon I greatly despise with utter hatred that I NEVER EVER WANNA F***ING USE THEM! (deep angry Snake voice) *ahem* anyway, here are the guys I won't accept. Keep in Mind of Jirachi as my core [So don't remove her and her current set].

Pokemon I refuse on using as substitutes to my current team:

Kyogre
Rayquaza
Groudon
Ferrothorn
Scizor
Forretress

YoungGun

Hey guys, I'd love your help in building a weatherless offense team around this Kingdra

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
Modest
40Hp / 240SpA/ 228 Spe
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meter
- Ice Beam

Edit: I'd also like to include All-Out Attacker Mienshao

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Regenerator
Naive
252 Atk/ 24 SpA/ 232 Spe

-HJK
-U-Turn
-Grass Knot
-HP Ice

Last edited:

Hayate Ayasaki

I'm getting quite bored of weather-based team and was inspired upon viewing loco1234 to go back to basics and create a team with Dragons and Magnezone(was also considering eviomagneton for the kicks but OU isn't a friendly place for him) so with out further ado here's my Weatherless OU team so far, I'd like to keep it as aggressive as possible but synergy is far more important seeing as I'm using two dragons :3

381.gif

Latios@Choice Specs
Timid 4HP | 252Sp.Atk | 252Spe
Draco Meteor | Surf | Hidden Power Fire | Trick/Psyshock​

Latios was my favorite dragon before Chomp came along but I still love it, its really fast and hitting things with a choice specs Draco meteor is fun (why you no know this?)
I was considering dropping the HP fire spread although gengar is a rare sight these days, I don't like losing to opposing Latios that don't run hp fire. Latios' Job is very simple dent things switch out switch in kill things, with a choice specs its not going to do much else surf and hp fire are for coverage and I'm having trouble decideing between trick and psyshock I rarely use either.

149.gif

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Adamant 252Atk | 4Sp.Def | 252 Spe
DDance | Fire Punch | Outrage | Earthquake/Superpower/extremespeed​

Probably one of the best stand-alone pokemon at the moment and I've often swept teams who let me get to +2 with dragonite alone. I chose him because just in case something goes wrong he can still pull his own weight and steels aren't as much of a problem to him with EQ and fire punch, I find I set up on ferrothorn lacking t-wave and gyro ball quite easily and at +2 almost ko's with fire punch in the rain, really doesn't like stealth rock though so I'd like a good spinner.

462.gif

Magnezone@Leftovers
Timid 4hp | 252Sp.Atk | 252Spe
Substitute | Hidden Power Fire | Thunderbolt | Volt Switch​

My steel killer, doesn't really do much outside of that I've been considering running a specs set because its not really my style to waste 2-3 turns charge beaming, I like to be swift and kill as quickly as possible and the extra power would be useful so that ferrothorn cant get any hazards up in the rain although I think its still a 2HKO with or without choice specs

So yeah that's my core any suggestions? I don't desire anything specific but I need a spinner and 2 other pokemon that synergize well with these 3 and can cover as many basic threats as possible, offensive synergy is more important because I tend to death fodder a lot xD

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
Recently a friend of mine had challenged me to make a Pokemon team that is based off a song. I had no idea what to do until last night, when I was listening to this song by Iron Maiden; it happens to be one of my favorite songs:

[video=youtube;FoiHX9azZeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoiHX9azZeQ[/video]​

As I sat there last night listening to this song, Two pokemon for an offensive core came to mind when I heard this song: A core of the Rare and unexpected Physical Zoroark and Sub/Disable Gengar. These two work well together, because although they are kind of frail, they both Resist fairly well what each of them is weak to (Gengar is weak to Ghost, Psychic, and Dark, which Zoroark resists. Likewise, Zoroark is weak to fighting and Bug, which Gengar is barely scratched by.) The Idea of messing with someones mind came to play, so I would use Screens, possibly Trick Room, and Zoroarks Ability as well as Gengar Sub/Disable Shenanigans fit well with this idea. In addition, Trick came to mind.

That being said, I know exactly what set for Gengar I would like to run:

094gengar.gif
Bag_Black_Sludge_Sprite.png
094gengar.gif

GhostIC_Big.png
/
PoisonIC_Big.png

EV's: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
Substitute
Disable
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast​

It is a very standard set, I have also thought about running a Choice Specs set with Trick. I, However have no idea what I want to do with Zoroark. I know a Special Set is way more Viable...but then who would be a good physical attacker that fits the theme of terror, nightmares, and tricks?

An alternative I thought was a Trick Room Team with Gengar as a fast back up Pokemon, and running a Trick Room Absol. Absol in TR in OU would Tear teams apart. But would that be Viable? In addition what other ways do you think this team would work well / is any of this even a good idea? What do you all think of a team based off this?

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Recently a friend of mine had challenged me to make a Pokemon team that is based off a song. I had no idea what to do until last night, when I was listening to this song by Iron Maiden; it happens to be one of my favorite songs:

As I sat there last night listening to this song, Two pokemon for an offensive core came to mind when I heard this song: A core of the Rare and unexpected Physical Zoroark and Sub/Disable Gengar. These two work well together, because although they are kind of frail, they both Resist fairly well what each of them is weak to (Gengar is weak to Ghost, Psychic, and Dark, which Zoroark resists. Likewise, Zoroark is weak to fighting and Bug, which Gengar is barely scratched by.) The Idea of messing with someones mind came to play, so I would use Screens, possibly Trick Room, and Zoroarks Ability as well as Gengar Sub/Disable Shenanigans fit well with this idea. In addition, Trick came to mind.

That being said, I know exactly what set for Gengar I would like to run:

094gengar.gif
Bag_Black_Sludge_Sprite.png
094gengar.gif

GhostIC_Big.png
/
PoisonIC_Big.png

EV's: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
Substitute
Disable
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast​

It is a very standard set, I have also thought about running a Choice Specs set with Trick. I, However have no idea what I want to do with Zoroark. I know a Special Set is way more Viable...but then who would be a good physical attacker that fits the theme of terror, nightmares, and tricks?

An alternative I thought was a Trick Room Team with Gengar as a fast back up Pokemon, and running a Trick Room Absol. Absol in TR in OU would Tear teams apart. But would that be Viable? In addition what other ways do you think this team would work well / is any of this even a good idea? What do you all think of a team based off this?

The glaring issue that I see with this team is that you have chosen three Pokemon that have very low Def and SpDef stats. Unless Gengar is wicked fast or lucky and can set up a Substitute before anything else happens (like getting hit with Sucker Punch), it won't survive a hit, and neither will Zoroark or Absol.

I don't think that Trick Room OR Absol are good ideas. First, because Gengar and Zoroark both have very good speed, and Absol does not. Using Trick Room would help Absol and greatly hinder the rest of your team. Plus, Absol is so frail in the first place that even if you did use Trick Room, chances are it would only survive to attack once. I no not recommend this Trick Room/Absol thing at all.

When it comes to Zoroark, you could potentially use him well. In order for Zoroark to survive, you will have to send him out as a Pokemon that will make the opponent use moves that Zoroark resists - Ghost and Dark. Therefore, you want to have a Psychic or Ghost type as the last slot on your team so that the opponent will attempt to use Ghost or Dark moves against Zoroark and he will resist them, making him last another turn. This also means that the Psychic or Ghost type needs to be a sweeper, because you can't send him out first. Gengar is not a sweeper, so I don't recommend using Gengar for this.

Finally, Spiritomb might be a good addition to your team. He's creepy-looking and he has no weaknesses.

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
The glaring issue that I see with this team is that you have chosen three Pokemon that have very low Def and SpDef stats. Unless Gengar is wicked fast or lucky and can set up a Substitute before anything else happens (like getting hit with Sucker Punch), it won't survive a hit, and neither will Zoroark or Absol.

I don't think that Trick Room OR Absol are good ideas. First, because Gengar and Zoroark both have very good speed, and Absol does not. Using Trick Room would help Absol and greatly hinder the rest of your team. Plus, Absol is so frail in the first place that even if you did use Trick Room, chances are it would only survive to attack once. I no not recommend this Trick Room/Absol thing at all.

When it comes to Zoroark, you could potentially use him well. In order for Zoroark to survive, you will have to send him out as a Pokemon that will make the opponent use moves that Zoroark resists - Ghost and Dark. Therefore, you want to have a Psychic or Ghost type as the last slot on your team so that the opponent will attempt to use Ghost or Dark moves against Zoroark and he will resist them, making him last another turn. This also means that the Psychic or Ghost type needs to be a sweeper, because you can't send him out first. Gengar is not a sweeper, so I don't recommend using Gengar for this.

Finally, Spiritomb might be a good addition to your team. He's creepy-looking and he has no weaknesses.

I probably should have been a little bit more clear: I meant Trick Room Absol in place of Zoroark, not the two together, and then have a Choice Scarf Sweeping Gengar with Trick in case trick room goes down. My bad :p Also I was thinking Spiritomb as a physical wall and Maybe Cresselia as a special wall but I also would like some resists to Water/Fire/Grass and some other common types, but Idk what would fit the idea there.

Last edited:

Xcellene99

The Gentle Breeder
Okay so I have decided to make a double battle Trick Room team. Here it is in order of appearance (the first two are paired and the last two are paired) (And I have not EV trained my Wailord yet so feel free to make suggestions on what I should gear it towards) (Please pm me if you have responded because I don't think I get notified whenever someone makes a response)

1. Cofagrigus Item:Spell Tag (Ghost Booster)
Ability: Mummy
Nature: Sassy (+SpDef, -Spd)
EV: 252 Def; 129 SpAtt; 129 SpDef.
Trick Room
Toxic
Hex
Will-O-Wisp

2. Wailord Item: Chesto Berry
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Docile
EV: 252 HP; 252 Attk; 6 SpDef
Curse
Dive
Bounce
Rest

3. Gardevoir Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Telepathy
Nature: Modest (+SpAttk, -Attk)
EV: 252 SpAttk; 252 SpDef; 6 HP
Wish/Healing Pulse
Focus Blast
Psychic
Shadow Ball

4. Steelix Item: Ground Plate
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Brave (+Attk, -Spd)
EV: 170 Attk; 170 Def; 170 HP.
Curse
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

My Cofagrigus is very sturdy and there to use trick room on the first turn. Then it poisons/burns other pokemon quickly with speed being inverted and get the hex bonus along with stab and its spell tag. Wailord is there to buff its speed by using curse and using two turn moves like bounce or dive to escape some damage. Rest and chesto berry is self explanatory. Gardevoir is the real striker of the team with a massive special attack stat and a less than par speed stat, perfect for trick room. It has a Focus Sash because of its low defenses and because dark types are rampant. I am deciding whether I should use wish(But Gardevoir usually doesn't last 2 turns) or use healing pulse(Kind of useful for the pokemon that cannot heal on my team). Steelix is almost like the tank of my team, using curse to up its attackand defense in order to destroy foes with earthquake(Missing gardevoir because of telepathy).

YoungGun

Hey guys, need help finishing this team. Running CB Ttar; Sheer Force Conkeldurr; EB Keldeo; and LO Latias. Preferably would like a Scarfer and then someone to set up rocks, but Im not sure as to who to use to fill those roles, any ideas?

SceptileFan

I AM RACCOON MAN
Hey guys! Competitive noob here. Well I know about EV's and IV's and all that hoopla but winning battles is a lot harder...I've been doing well on Showdown with a SmashPass team (two SmashPassers, Smeargle and Gorebyss) that my friend made, but I can't seem to do well at all with any team I make. I don't know if it's because I don't balance the members enough or what. Any advice...? At all? For making a team? I tend to like offensive strategies more but I'm not opposed to stall/defensive ones.

I know I'm supposed to have at least one member, so let's go with a Jolly Lum Berry Haxorus with Outrage, Low Kick, Dual Chop, and Earthquake (he's my favorite Pokemon that's actually good at competitive).

McDanger

Hey guys! Competitive noob here. Well I know about EV's and IV's and all that hoopla but winning battles is a lot harder...I've been doing well on Showdown with a SmashPass team (two SmashPassers, Smeargle and Gorebyss) that my friend made, but I can't seem to do well at all with any team I make. I don't know if it's because I don't balance the members enough or what. Any advice...? At all? For making a team? I tend to like offensive strategies more but I'm not opposed to stall/defensive ones.

I know I'm supposed to have at least one member, so let's go with a Jolly Lum Berry Haxorus with Outrage, Low Kick, Dual Chop, and Earthquake (he's my favorite Pokemon that's actually good at competitive).

Give it dragon dance or change the item to choice band.

With dragon dance, i would pair him with choice band terrakion, as terrakion can cripple physical walls that would stop haxorus like landorur t, skarmory, and forretress. Furthermore, terrakion baits in fast scarfed waters like keldeo that he can set up on. Another good partner is breloom, as he baits in celebi, again who haxorus sets up on, tho for both i would add scarfed jirachi to check lati@s that switches in on both, scouts and brings in heatran who again, haxorus can set up on

With a choice band, swords dance scizor and agility metagross are nice partners as they can come in on ice and dragon moves that revenge haxorus and bullet punch for scizor. Another partner that likes banded hax is salac terrakion, but a steel is still a good idea.

This is my first competitive team so here it goes but I need help on picking my last pokemon.

1. Metagross @ Choice Band

Nature: Adament
Ability: Clear Body

Moveset: Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
ThunderPunch
Bullet Punch

EV's: 252 Attack, 164 HP, 92 Speed

2. Gengar @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate

Moveset: Substitute
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Pain Split

EV's: 4 HP, 252 S. Attack, 252 S. Defence.

3. Blissey @ Leftovers

Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural Care

Moveset: Softboiled
Wish
Flamethrower
Toxic

EV's: 4 HP, 252 Defense, 252 S. Defense.

4. Skarmory @ Shed Shell

Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy

Moveset: Stealth Rock
Whirlwind
Roost
Brave Bird

EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 S. Defense.

5. Scizor @Choice Scarf

Moveset: U-turn
Iron Head
Superpower
Pursuit

EV's: 252 Speed, 4 S. Defense, 252 Attack

6. ???

So I am still stuck on who should be my sixth pokemon. Thinking perhaps a bulky water? Anyone please rate my team so far and advise would be appreciated along with who you think my final pokemon should be and why.

Thanks. c:

The desert spirit

Dragon Empress
I'm new to competitive and need help finishing my special heavy offense team. I have Espeon, Lucario, Hydreigon, Volcarona, and Jolteon but I'm not sure who to use for the sixth slot.
Here are the sets I have so far
Espeon
Item: light clay
Nature: timid
EVs: 252 hp/ 4 sDef/ 252 spd
-reflect
-light screen
-psyshock
-baton pass

Lucario
Item: life orb
Nature: modest
EVs: 4 hp/ 252 sAtk/ 252 spd
- nasty plot
-aura sphere
-dark pulse
-hidden power [ice]

Hydreigon
Item:life orb
Nature: modest
-dragon pulse
-dark pulse
-surf
-fire blast

Volcarona
Item: lum berry
EVs: 252 sAtk/ 4 sDef/ 252 spd
-quiver dance
-fiery dance
-bug buzz
-giga drain

Jolteon
Item: life orb
-thunderbolt
-shadow ball
-hidden power [ice]
-volt switch
Any advice for the sixth pokemon or the sets I currently have would be greatly appreciated.