• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

Bumbleblogn

hey y'all! ive been working on this team for a while now, and I just cant find a solid team member for the 6th slot... thoughts?

Charizard Y, harvest trevenant, hp ice jolteon, belly drum azu, and assault vest goodra

anyone have any ideas for filling the last spot? (also, im looking for a perfect battle ready goodra and trevenint, please pm if you have them :)

Jack.Grainger

I'm also quite new to all of this but I'm pretty sure that giving Mega Mawile 252 attack and 252 HP. It's speed is already horrible and giving it a bit of bulk isn't a bad idea.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sacred Sword

Physical wallbreaker. Terrakion is meant to tear down anything not physically resistant. It's a fairly standard CB setup. CC and Stone Edge for STAB, EQ for Aegislash and coverage, Sacred Sword for those times when I want to use a Fighting move without locking myself into something that lowers my defense, such as against weak or weakened threats that CC would be overkill for. The EVs are a sweeper set with the 4 in Defense to mess with Download Genesect.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Stealth Rock

Lays rocks, special resist and anti-Fairy. Metagross is kind of a broad utility Pokemon on the team. It resists several types who would otherwise be able to attempt a sweep based on type alone; namely Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dragon and Fairy. He also provides just general backup special bulk along with Rotom. He can take out virtually every Fairy in the game safely, such as Gardevoir, Sylveon and Azumarill (2HKO Meteor Mash after SR, Azu can't 2HKO back).

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Toxic
- Protect

Physical wall extraordinaire. There are virtually no physical attackers who can get through him. Earthquake and Ice Fang are good coverage together, while Toxic is his primary vehicle of damage, and Protect keeps him healthy with Poison Heal. I choose to emphasize what he's good at and maximize his bulk, rather than try to EV for any meaningless amount of speed. 244 is a Poison Heal number, and 252 isn't.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Revenge killer. I ran this set last generation with considerable success. I find he functions better this way than as a wallbreaker with Specs. He can outspeed every other Dragon in the game except Noivern, which and his natural power makes him good at this role. Draco Meteor is the power STAB, while Psyshock is the spammable STAB. Surf and HP Fire are coverage, and extremely useful coverage at that. Pretty much a standard set.

Rotom-W @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 48 SAtk / 208 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Special tank and offensive pivot. Rotom functions like a more offensively minded version of Metagross. He takes special hits which other members would fall to and then maintains pressure with Volt Switch. 208 Speed lets him outspeed Jolly Mamoswine, who he can take out with Hydro Pump. Thunderbolt is a more powerful Electric attack I can use for when I don't want to have to switch out, and HP Ice gives me pseudo BoltBeam.

I'm guessing this won't get any responses, so I didn't spend as much time on set descriptions as I would for a real RMT. I think I get the point across however. I have a physical wall breaker, a physical wall, a revenge killer, and two pseudo special tanks. I feel like the thing that is missing now is a special wall breaker, to match Terrakion. I've been using Mega Alakazam, but I just recently added Latios and I feel like he's redundant now. I'm thinking of either keeping him, or switching to either Mega Charizard Y or Greninja. Of the three, I feel like Charizard would work the best, since his typing covers the things nothing else on the team can hit very well and because he'll have more power than Alakazam did, but nothing on the team would be helped by the sun support and Rotom is hampered by it, and I don't have a spinner to properly support him.

Arceus500

Hello everybody, I need some help making a Hyper Offense Battle Spot Singles team. This what I have so far(Note:Both I have already used on another team):

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs:252 HP, 252 SPE, 4 Sp.D
Nature: Jolly
- Magic Coat
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
My suicide lead. Spore is for more turns to set up, and sometimes he can switch in late game with full hp against a slow boosted attacker(BD/CB Azumarill)thats sweeping with a priority move so he can take a hit, spore and switch out to a pokemon that can OHKO it. Stealth Rock is for hazards and can help sweeping. Sticky Web is to help allow Mega Kanghaskan to out speed lots of things and kill. Magic Coat was originally spikes but after seeing sooo much sableyes and whismicotts with Taunt I decided to use Magic Coat. Its hilarious seeing a Whismicott using Struggle.

Kanghaskan @ Kanghaskanite
Ability:Inner Focus ----> Parental Bond
Evs:252 Spe, 252 Att, 4 Sp.D
Nature:Jolly/Adamant
Moves:
- PUP
- EQ
- Sucker Punch
- Return
My main sweeper. Its job is to switch in and use PUP to boost and proceed to sweep. EQ is for Blazikens who can OHKO with HJK. Sucker Punch is for killing faster threats regardless of Focus Sash(Alakazam) and Return is a deadly Stab that can do lots of damage to things that dont resist.

Hello everybody, I need some help making a Hyper Offense Battle Spot Singles team. This what I have so far(Note:Both I have already used on another team):

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs:252 HP, 252 SPE, 4 Sp.D
- Magic Coat
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
My suicide lead. Spore is for more turns to set up, and sometimes he can switch in late game with full hp against a slow boosted attacker(BD/CB Azumarill)thats sweeping with a priority move so he can take a hit, spore and switch out to a pokemon that can OHKO it. Stealth Rock is for hazards and can help sweeping. Sticky Web is to help allow Mega Kanghaskan to out speed lots of things and kill. Magic Coat was originally spikes but after seeing sooo much sableyes and whismicotts with Taunt I decided to use Magic Coat. Its hilarious seeing a Whismicott using Struggle.

Kanghaskan @ Kanghaskanite
Ability:Inner Focus ----> Parental Bond
Evs:252 Spe, 252 Att, 4 Sp.D
Nature:Jolly/Adamant
Moves:
- PUP
- EQ
- Sucker Punch
- Return
My main sweeper. Its job is to switch in and use PUP to boost and proceed to sweep. EQ is for Blazikens who can OHKO with HJK. Sucker Punch is for killing faster threats regardless of Focus Sash(Alakazam) and Return is a deadly Stab that can do lots of damage to things that dont resist.

If this is battle spot, dont worry about a Hazard lead. 3v3 is too short for that.

Limelyte

I need some advice for my team.

Here are the pokemon I've already chosen for my team. My sandstorm team is being built around Mega Garchomp. Tyrantiar was going to be my lead, but I added Hippowdon to the team to be my defensive anchor and a second streamer, so Tyranitar can become more offensive. My thought was adding a scizor for u-turn volt switch combo, and maybe a starmie for a spinner. Any thoughts on what I can add that would make this team better?

Hippowdon
trait: Sanstream Nature: Impish
item: leftovers
Evs: 252 HP, 252 def
Moveset:
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Roar
Slack Off

Garchomp w/ Garchompite
Trait: Sand Veil (Sand Force) Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Attk, 196 SPD, 60 HP
Moveset:
Draco Meteor
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Stone Edge/Dragon Claw

Tyranitar
trait: Sandstream Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 ATTK, 252 SPD,
Item: Choice Band
Moveset:
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake

Rotom-Wash
trait: Levitate Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Specs
EVS: 252 spATK, 168HP, 88SP
Moveset:
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Will-O-Wisp
Trick

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
HI there! I'm building an HOENN team solely. I have these pokemon until now: (ALL POKEMON ARE PERFECT 5 IV'S)

Salamence - naive - moxie ability - 252 att 252 sp 4 HP
dragon claw
earthquake
sragon dance
stone edge

Milotic - marvel scale ability - bold - 252 hp 252 def 4 sp. def
rest
sleep talk
scald
ice beam (or dragon tail. not sure)

Metagross - clear body ability - adamant - 252 attack 252 HP 2 4 def
meteor mash
bullet punch (or earthquake. not sure)
zen headbutt
hammer arm

Sceptile - unburden ability - timid - 252 sp. attack 252 speed 4 sp. def
leaf storm
energy ball
focus blast
hidden power (dark)

Blaziken - apeed boost ability - adamant - 252 attack 252 speed 4 HP
falre blitz
high jump kick
protect
swords dance

These one I have ready. I have this ones too but I don«t know which one to use as well... all 5 iv's perfect as well

Gardevoir - trace ability - timid - 252 sp attack 252 speed 4 sp. def
moonblast
psychic (or psyshock. not sure)
thunderbolt
shadow ball

Latios - levitate ability - timid - 252 sp. attack 252 speed 4 sp. def
draco meteor
psyshock
ice beam (or thunder bolt. not sure)
surf
shadow ball

I was also thinking in prenkster sableye but... I'm open to ALL sugestions of other pokemon as well. As long as they are from Hoenn ;) thanks

Hello. I may be new at Team Building here. But I like your Hoenn Team. This is my first time of building the team of battling pokemon. I most likely need help of this. I was planning of building the well-balanced team that will cover up their strengths and weaknesses.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Speed Boost (in both forms)
EVs: 64 HP/ 252 Atk/192 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Protect
-Flare Blitz
-High Jump Kick
-Hone Claws/Sword Dance
Note: The original EV spread that I've planned is Max atk,and speed and having 4 HP. According to Cloneblazer12, he said that Mega set is the best one after I said words that makes him proud. Source: Cloneblazer21's post. Since he's a nice guy,and everyone agrees with him, I decided to run this set for the coolest pokemon of all time. I could have him to relearn Sword Dance again but. If I running HJK, I decided to use Hone Claws so it will be easier to land a hit without missing it. Sure Sword Dance,and HJK combo are powerful and all but I'm not taking any chances of missing it. I playing it safe. However, I don't mind using Sword Dance over Hone Claws once again if I needed to.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Marvel Scale
Evs: 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Sp.Atk
Ivs : 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Scald
-Recover
-Toxic
-Dragon Tail
Note: I decided to stick with Scald instead of Surf in case it facing the steel and poison-types. That way it will have the chance of giving the poison and steel types a burn. After all, Toxic don't work on Steel and Poison types.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Nature: Impish
Evs: 252 HP/ 20 Atk/ 232 Def
Ivs 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Protect
-Toxic
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

As for the other members, I'm not sure. I was thinking of having a Rapid Spinner like Excadrill to help me rid of the hazards. Gardevoir, the second sweeper,and Celebi as a healer to the team. Or I can add Gengar to the team since it happened to be a sweeper and the trapper in it Mega form.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon/Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
Evs: 176 HP/ 52 Atk/ 80 Def/ 202 Sp.Def
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Sword Dance
-Substitute/Rock Slide/Shadow Claw
Note: I just found out on Smogon Forums. Don't have it yet.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural Cure
Evs: 252 HP/ 238 Sp.Def/ 20 Speed
Ivs: x/31/x/31/31/x
-Thunder Wave
-Grass Knot/Psychic (since it can't learn Giga Drain at this moment)
-Leech Seed
-Heal Bell

Gardevoir @ Life Orb/Garedvoirnite
Nature : Timid
Ability :Trace
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Sp.Def/ 252 Speed
Ivs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt/Focus Blast

In fact, I was thinking of building the All-Star Hoenn Team that it will have Blaziken,Milotic,Gardevoir,Salamance,and the other two. I love to get a Treecko with the hidden ability and then grow into Sceptile but I don't know where to get it. I could have Skarmory to set up the trap to weaken the opposing team and to prevent them from using sturdy ability and Focus Sash users over Gliscor. Anyway, what do you think? If there's anything wrong, let me know because I want to know the right synergy. I

Extra Pokemon that I'm planning

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Ev: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp. Def
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind/Roar
Note: Don't have it yet.

Gengar @ Black Sludge/Gengarite
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate/ Shadow Tag(Mega)
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Ivs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
-Substitute/Destiny Bond

Last edited:

Gail

This is my first COMPETITIVE try. Yeah.
Absol. Serious Nature. ♀
Holding Leftovers.
Ability - Super Luck.
-Perish Song
-Night Slash
-Dark Pulse
-Psycho Cut.
Butterfree - Bashful Nature. ♀
Ability - Compoundeyes.
Holding Wacan Berry.
-Silver Wind
-Sleep Powder
-U-Turn
-Tailwind
Hypno - Relaxed Nature. ♀
Ability - Forewarn.
Holding Twisted Spoon.
-Toxic
-Hypnosis
-Nightmare
-Dream Eater
Onix - Timid Nature. ♀
Ability - Rock Head.
Holding Metal Coat.
-Dragon Breath
-Rock Throw
-EarthQuake
-Screech
Chikorita - Serious Nature. ♀
Ability - Overgrow.
Holding Miracle Seed.
-Solar Beam
-Reflect
-Magical Leaf
-Body Slam.
Dragonite - Adamant Nature. ♀
Ability - Inner Focus.
Holding Haban Berry.
-ExtremeSpeed
-Fly
-Blizzard
-Thunder.

Gail

Absol. Serious Nature. ♀
Holding Leftovers.
Ability - Super Luck.
-Perish Song
-Night Slash
-Dark Pulse
-Psycho Cut.
Ability - Compoundeyes.
Holding Wacan Berry.
-Silver Wind
-Sleep Powder
-U-Turn
-Tailwind
Hypno - Relaxed Nature. ♀
Ability - Forewarn.
Holding Twisted Spoon.
-Toxic
-Hypnosis
-Nightmare
-Dream Eater
Onix - Timid Nature. ♀
Ability - Rock Head.
Holding Metal Coat.
-Dragon Breath
-Rock Throw
-EarthQuake
-Screech
Ability - Overgrow.
Holding Miracle Seed.
-Solar Beam
-Reflect
-Magical Leaf
-Body Slam.
Ability - Inner Focus.
Holding Haban Berry.
-ExtremeSpeed
-Fly
-Blizzard
-Thunder.

Gail

^^ Edit refused to work for me. I replaced Hypno with Umbreon, I just remembered. Here's my REAL team.. ._.
Absol. Serious Nature. ♀
Holding Leftovers.
Ability - Super Luck.
-Perish Song
-Night Slash
-Dark Pulse
-Psycho Cut.
Ability - Compoundeyes.
Holding Wacan Berry.
-Silver Wind
-Sleep Powder
-U-Turn
-Tailwind
Umbreon - Calm Nature. ♀
Ability - Synchronize.
Holding Dusk Ball (Randomly. >_>)
-Dark Pulse
-Shadow Ball
-Moonlight
-Screech
Onix - Timid Nature. ♀
Ability - Rock Head.
Holding Metal Coat.
-Dragon Breath
-Rock Throw
-EarthQuake
-Screech
Ability - Overgrow.
Holding Miracle Seed.
-Solar Beam
-Reflect
-Magical Leaf
-Body Slam.
Ability - Inner Focus.
Holding Haban Berry.
-ExtremeSpeed
-Fly
-Blizzard
-Thunder.

Driogon

I'm new here, I've been lurking for a long time. I used to play competitively in 2nd and early 3rd Gen, but gave it up. I got X/Y for my birthday and have poured over 300 hours into it. I'm making my first competitive team in forever and I need help.

I actually don't know what my 6th in my team would be. Any suggestions would be great.

This team is for Doubles.

Umbreon - Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Payback

My awesome tank. Umbreon has saved me a lot in 1v2 situations. I usually use curse behind Klefki's Reflect / Light screen and dish damage with Payback since Umbreon is so slow. Otherwise, I use Toxic to stall to death.

Klefki - Air Balloon
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 HP / 108 Def / 160 SDef
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Foul Play

Klefki is my main opener. Thunder Wave and then Light or Reflect. Foul play is there to destroy Garchomps.

Charizard-Mega-Y - Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse

Main SP.ATK Sweeper. Diverse moveset and does great amount of famage.

Rotom-Wash - Wide Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 96 SAtk / 80 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

I like Rotom, but I'm not sure if I did the EV spread correctly. I'm thinking of replaceing Thunder with Thundbolt or another move. Wil-O-Wisp I was thinking of removing as well, since Klefki and Umbreon know status moves already.

Aegislash - Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

This is my ATK sweeper, for the most part. He does great damage, but it's pretty trick to use him properly. I'm not sure if I should change shadow sneak for Iron Head.

#6 is missing, I need ideas. :D

Thanks everyone!

venetrix

Kaiju trainer
Not sure if this'll get any responses, but what the hey. Basically I've completed the game and seeing as competitive battling is the only thing left to do, I want to have a bash at it. I've won a couple of wifi victories with this team but I'd like to mould it into something that can mix it up in OU. Basically the idea is for the team to set up an Aegislash or Azumarill sweep.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 0/0/6/252/0/252
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo
- Draco Meteor
This is my lead in 3v3 matches and has served me very well. It outruns and KOs frail offensive Pokemon (and some bulky ones), and can mess with setup leads with Switcheroo, creating an opening for Azumarill to set up.

Klefki @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252/0/134/0/124/0
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Imprison
My lead in 6v6. Sets up spikes, paralyses opposing sweepers and runs Imprison with a timid nature to deal with opposing Klefki. Foul Play stops it being total Taunt bait but will rarely see use otherwise.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252/252/6/0/0/0
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Superpower
Standard Bellyjet Azumarill. Aqua Jet bypasses its low speed, and Sitrus Berry lets it tank a hit from a surprising number of Pokemon while it sets up Belly Drum.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252/138/0/0/120/0
Nature: Careful
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
My other sweeper. Again, it's slow, but it can get around that with Shadow Sneak and play the usual King's Shield mind games.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil (I don't have access to Rough Skin yet)
EVs: 6/252/0/0/0/252
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab
Again, pretty standard Choicechomp fare - revenge kills pretty much anything. I picked rock slide over stone edge for accuracy, and poison jab's there for the faries.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252/0/252/6/0
- Waterfall
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
It wouldn't by my team without Gyarados there, and if pure offense isn't getting it done, Mega-G brings something a little different to the table. Though the Mega stone is easily predicted from my other team options, this aims to fool my opponent into predicting an offensive set, scaring them into a switch and scoring some easy damage with Dragon Tail before settling in for the long run and softening up their team for one of my sweepers to finish the job.

So that's it. Like I said, this is only my first go at competitive team building, so if anyone has any suggestions for improvement please do let me know!

I'm looking for help/advice because I am seriously considering choosing a new lead pokemon.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: Hp and Special Defense
Nature: Relaxed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn is my lead and I love the iron barbs and rocky helmet combo. But the problem that I am having is that ferrothorns weakness is really common in most of the wifi battle teams that I have had and most of the time it gets hit with a special fire attack so that the iron barbs and rocky helmet don't do anything. And ferrothern usually doesn't last very long before getting ko'd by a fire or fighting move. I've been thinking about switching to a stealth rock user (mainly as a counter for talonflame), but some of the goods ones for those will double up on the types that I already have on my team. Skarmory would give me another steel type and aerodactyl would give me another flying type. If I don't go with a stealth rock user I was thinking about gavantula with sticky web and thunderwave as a possibility, though it would also be weak to fire types.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: Attack and Speed
- Thunder Punch
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

I am currently in the process of breeding this one on my black 2. Lucario is my physical attacker and a pokemon that I really like because it looks really cool and its one of very few mega evolutions that I actually like. Drain punch is for recovering hp, ice punch for dragons, crunch because its what my current lucario has and it has been very useful. Thunder punch for bulky water types, especially since I'm considering getting rid of ferrothorn with its power whip.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: Hp and Defense
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Protect

Standard wish/tank moveset. Wish if I'm struggling or support and protect helps to pull that off as well as for leftovers to work. Scald for stab and a chance to burn and ice beam for dragons.

Volcarona @ Big Root
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: Special Attack and Speed
Nature: Rash
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Oh gods, I absolutely love fire types and had a hard time choosing which one to use for a special attacker. Will-O-Wisp might seem redundant with its ability but that ability has yet to be activated in all of the battles that I have had so far. Flamethrower and bug buzz for coverage and giga drain for recovery and to help against water types plus with big root to help. Gotta say I love this transfer move :). About a week ago I was in a battle and the opponents current pokemon was a suicune. I had already given suicune some damage before it ko'd my previous pokemon, so I sent out volcanra and used giga drain, which ko'd it :D, loved it! And if someone sends out a water type against volcarona that it can't handle I can always switch in vaporeon with its water absorb ability.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: HP and Defense
- Toxic
- Roost
- EQ
- Ice Fang

Gliscor is my physical wall and I'm debating about the movesets. Toxic for obvious reasons but I chose to have roost instead of protect as a better way to support its defensive role. EQ and ice fang for coverage. I did have substitute instead of ice fang but during a wild battle for leveling up to evolve I ran into a problem where EQ was useless and then I decided that having a second attack would be a good idea, so now it has ice fang.

Noivern @ Focus Sash
Nature: Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Boomburst

Despite being a second special attacker I wanted to have a dragon type on my team and it had to be noivern because I absolutely love its design ^-^. Plus its really fast and so far has out sped other dragon types to be able to attack first and it has been more than pulling its weight as far as wifi battles go. Focus sash helps it to survive an ice or dragon type move, flamethrower is for ice type pokemon, and air slash for possible flinch. Boomburst is there because its a really powerful move but I have hardly used it due to using its other attacks for type advantage.

Overall I've won a pretty good amount of battles, even against legendary pokemon. Mainly I'm looking for suggestions for a lead that will go with my team but other suggestions are welcome :)

Last edited:

Ryuken

Steel User
I'm looking for help/advice because I am seriously considering choosing a new lead pokemon.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: Hp and Special Defense
Nature: Relaxed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn is my lead and I love the iron barbs and rocky helmet combo. But the problem that I am having is that ferrothorns weakness is really common in most of the wifi battle teams that I have had and most of the time it gets hit with a special fire attack so that the iron barbs and rocky helmet don't do anything. And ferrothern usually doesn't last very long before getting ko'd by a fire or fighting move. I've been thinking about switching to a stealth rock user (mainly as a counter for talonflame), but some of the goods ones for those will double up on the types that I already have on my team. Skarmory would give me another steel type and aerodactyl would give me another flying type. If I don't go with a stealth rock user I was thinking about gavantula with sticky web and thunderwave as a possibility, though it would also be weak to fire types.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: Attack and Speed
- Thunder Punch
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

I am currently in the process of breeding this one on my black 2. Lucario is my physical attacker and a pokemon that I really like because it looks really cool and its one of very few mega evolutions that I actually like. Drain punch is for recovering hp, ice punch for dragons, crunch because its what my current lucario has and it has been very useful. Thunder punch for bulky water types, especially since I'm considering getting rid of ferrothorn with its power whip.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: Hp and Defense
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Protect

Standard wish/tank moveset. Wish if I'm struggling or support and protect helps to pull that off as well as for leftovers to work. Scald for stab and a chance to burn and ice beam for dragons.

Volcarona @ Big Root
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Rash
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Oh gods, I absolutely love fire types and had a hard time choosing which one to use for a special attacker. Will-O-Wisp might seem redundant with its ability but that ability has yet to be activated in all of the battles that I have had so far. Flamethrower and bug buzz for coverage and giga drain for recovery and to help against water types plus with big root to help. Gotta say I love this transfer move :). About a week ago I was in a battle and the opponents current pokemon was a suicune. I had already given suicune some damage before it ko'd my previous pokemon, so I sent out volcanra and used giga drain, which ko'd it :D, loved it! And if someone sends out a water type against volcarona that it can't handle I can always switch in vaporeon with its water absorb ability.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: HP and Defense
- Toxic
- Roost
- EQ
- Ice Fang

Gliscor is my physical wall and I'm debating about the movesets. Toxic for obvious reasons but I chose to have roost instead of protect as a better way to support its defensive role. EQ and ice fang for coverage. I did have substitute instead of ice fang but during a wild battle for leveling up to evolve I ran into a problem where EQ was useless and then I decided that having a second attack would be a good idea, so now it has ice fang.

Noivern @ Focus Sash
Nature: Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Boomburst

Despite being a second special attacker I wanted to have a dragon type on my team and it had to be noivern because I absolutely love its design ^-^. Plus its really fast and so far has out sped other dragon types to be able to attack first and it has been more than pulling its weight as far as wifi battles go. Focus sash helps it to survive an ice or dragon type move, flamethrower is for ice type pokemon, and air slash for possible flinch. Boomburst is there because its a really powerful move but I have hardly used it due to using its other attacks for type advantage.

Overall I've won a pretty good amount of battles, even against legendary pokemon. Mainly I'm looking for suggestions for a lead that will go with my team but other suggestions are welcome :)

Alright there is quite a bit i can recommend to this team.

Gliscor: I would seriously recommend changing ice fang for knock off. Ice fang base power is terrible (can't even 2hko MChomp) and knock off has a lot more utility that will give you a lot of advantage when the opponent switches to a counter.
Also, i believe roost is pretty much unnecessary, and it should probably be changed for protect.

Volcaronoa: Drop Big root for life orb. Big root ill not be very useful specially because you are using a fully offensive volcaronoa, so any hp it recovers will be easily taken away. Also, change will-o-wisp for either HP ground (Heatran, num 8 in usage stats says hi) or quiver dance, as it has little to no use in volcaronoa (Stone edge will kill you anyway)

Noivern: Since you have no rapid spiners, SR will always break FS. I recommend using choice specs instead and changing dragon pulse for draco meteor since you are using 2 walls. Also, even if its un accurate, consider changing air slash for hurricane.

Lucario: Sounds appealing, but really consider breeding that lucario again. Drain punch is near to useless as you will miss several OHKO's when comparing it to CC and lucario dies to any hit anyway no matter its hp. Also, normal lucario hits Harder with life orb with T,Ice,Crunch than MLucario.
I recommend reworking the entire set to:
SD, CC, Crunch, ES or BP. (Since you have a weakness to talon flame, i recommend using ES)

Also, consider keeping ferrothorn, as it should be able to survive some HP fires (Otherwise, Greninja eats your entire team for breakfast.)

On a side note, a lot of people on wifi use smogon rules, consider this when using Mlucario, as it is currently banned and you might see people disconnecting just about when they see it mega evolving.
And a little advice, really consider using a defoger, Volcaronoa's biggest weakness is rocks (And talonflame)

Alright there is quite a bit i can recommend to this team.

Gliscor: I would seriously recommend changing ice fang for knock off. Ice fang base power is terrible (can't even 2hko MChomp) and knock off has a lot more utility that will give you a lot of advantage when the opponent switches to a counter.
Also, i believe roost is pretty much unnecessary, and it should probably be changed for protect.

Thank you very much for the advice :). Gliscor is a new addition to the team so I have not had much of a chance to try it out yet. I did have one battle today where I got to use it and although I like roost, after I used it I just sustained damage again and was right back to where I was before. And ice fang ended up doing squat against a kindra. I have never used knock off before but it looks like a good move replacement :).

Volcaronoa: Drop Big root for life orb. Big root ill not be very useful specially because you are using a fully offensive volcaronoa, so any hp it recovers will be easily taken away. Also, change will-o-wisp for either HP ground (Heatran, num 8 in usage stats says hi) or quiver dance, as it has little to no use in volcaronoa (Stone edge will kill you anyway)

With wifi battles you are not supposed to use the same item more than once right? So both volcaronoa and lucario would be unable to have the same item.

Noivern: Since you have no rapid spiners, SR will always break FS. I recommend using choice specs instead and changing dragon pulse for draco meteor since you are using 2 walls. Also, even if its un accurate, consider changing air slash for hurricane.

Mm..so hit hard and fast right?

Lucario: Sounds appealing, but really consider breeding that lucario again. Drain punch is near to useless as you will miss several OHKO's when comparing it to CC and lucario dies to any hit anyway no matter its hp. Also, normal lucario hits Harder with life orb with T,Ice,Crunch than MLucario.
I recommend reworking the entire set to:
SD, CC, Crunch, ES or BP. (Since you have a weakness to talon flame, i recommend using ES)

At least I havn't gotten that far in the breeding yet. Just got the nature I needed and am still working on getting a female with 5-6 ivs before I was going to breed the moves in. But if lucario dies to any hit then won't using swords dance near kill it before it gets to attack?

Also, consider keeping ferrothorn, as it should be able to survive some HP fires (Otherwise, Greninja eats your entire team for breakfast.)

On a side note, a lot of people on wifi use smogon rules, consider this when using Mlucario, as it is currently banned and you might see people disconnecting just about when they see it mega evolving.

Hm, at least I could use it for the battle mansion, maybe replace lucario for another physical attacker so I don't have two pokemon weak to fighing.

And a little advice, really consider using a defoger, Volcaronoa's biggest weakness is rocks (And talonflame)

If I use a defogger I'd need to take someone off of the team..hm, and most of the defoggers are flying types..ooh, didn't see that greninja weakness 0_0..I do like noivern, but maybe if I replaced noivern with mega garchomp (which would still give me a mega in place of lucario and would eliminate a SR weak member). I could also remove gliscor for further ice/SR weakness..which would give me an open slot to balance out my team more. Maybe use someone else instead of lucario so that I don't have two pokes weak to fighing/fire moves..

Last edited:

Ryuken

Steel User
If I use a defogger I'd need to take someone off of the team..hm, and most of the defoggers are flying types..ooh, didn't see that greninja weakness 0_0..I do like noivern, but maybe if I replaced noivern with mega garchomp (which would still give me a mega in place of lucario and would eliminate a SR weak member). I could also remove gliscor for further ice/SR weakness..which would give me an open slot to balance out my team more. Maybe use someone else instead of lucario so that I don't have two pokes weak to fighing/fire moves..

First i would advice you to not change noivern for MChomp unless you really need MChomp, as they function very different roles. MChomp is a powerful wall breaker, using mixed sets it can devastate its common counters (skarmory), but is awfully slow. Noivern, as you said it, its for hitting really hard and fast and then switching to another pokemon that can handle its counter.

As for MLucario, you are supposed to only SD against and opponent that you are 80% sure its going to switch or it has an attack that it can take (something like mandibuzz knock off).
The trick with Mlucario is pretty much pulling of the SD, after the boost its pretty much unstoppable (Is able to kill impish 252-252+ skarmory with CC easily)

Also, Latias resists fire, fighting, isn't weak to SR, is immune to spikes/sticky web and has good speed to pull of a defog (And will survive almost any SE non boosted hit)

AegiSwag

I needs reviews. I realized that having 2 steels on my team can be horrific, then I realized that I covered all of them because my main sweeper covered fire and ground whilst neither of my steel types give a damn about fighting. This is a 3 pokemon team for random match ups. Post count is too low so I will say at instead of the at symbol.

Greninja at choice specs
Timid nature
Ability - protean

Dark Pulse
Surf
Waterfall
Ice beam

Ah, Greninja. One of my favourite sweepers. Ice beam for coverage, dark pulse and surf for stab, waterfall if I run into a special wall.

Aegislash at Life orb
Brave nature
Ability - stance change

King's shield
Shadow sneak
Sword's dance
Sacred Sword

One of my favourite pokemon ever. Two strategies with this guy-kings shield, then sacred sword, then shield again. The main one is swords dancing for a bit in shield form, then shadow sneaking.

*braces for bashing*

Skarmory at Leftovers
Timid nature

Spikes
Roost
Whirlwind
Brave bird

The tried and true skarmory set. Nothing new here.

I MIGHT replace skarmory, if you got any suggestions.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!

There's a pretty good number of Defoggers that aren't listed in the Gen 6 move details because they'd have to be chain transferred from 4th to 5th gens, then to 6th gen. The ones that can learn it and are at least Rocks-neutral are: Mew, Scizor, Shiftry, Flygon, Latios, Latias, Empoleon, Skuntank, Lumineon, Gliscor, Giratina, and Arceus. You might also want to consider Rapid Spin since it has more or less the same function, except it's blocked by Ghosts. A lot of the pokemon that use it are even Rock-resistant, allowing them to easily switch in to Spin them out so long as there's no Ghost types on the opposing team.

Howdy everyone, I'm new to the competitive scene, and I'm working on my first team. I kind of have my heart set on a UU sun team right now, but I'm still trying to work out some kinks.

Uxie at Heat Rock
Bold nature
Ability - Levitate
EV's:???
Sunny Day
Stealth Rocks
U-Turn
Psychic

My lead, I figure it's a bulky Pokemon I can use to set up the sun. I pretty much think it'd just be helpful for support, I'm even thinking of putting Memento or Thunder Wave or something in place of Psychic. U-Turn is there to get some damage and get away from darks. My only problem is figuring out what I'd switch to afterwards. More on that later. Quick question, what are the benefits of running Bold over Calm? Both of its defenses are the same after all. Are there more physical threats that I'm unaware of?

Victini at Life Orb
Adamant nature
Victory Star
EV's: 4/252/0/0/0/252
V-Create
Fusion Bolt
Zen Headbutt
U-Turn

The point of Victini is to just hit like a truck until it dies. I have U-Turn on it for the same reason as Uxie. I imagine a V-Create in the Sun will do some massive damage. Um, other than that, I don't have much else to say about it.

Chandelure at Choice Scarf
Timid nature
Flash Fire
EV's: 0/0/0/252/4/252
Overheat
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball or Solar Beam
???

I figure this will nicely complement Victini, considering Victini is all Physical and this is all Special. Flash Fire for the free Switch-ins against Fire-types. I was debating on Infiltrator, but I figured I wouldn't see too much screens. Also, that attack boost from Flash Fire will be crazy. I was figuring I'd go for speed over power because the sun should already make the movies quite powerful. I'm not sure about EB or SB. EB is nice if I don't have sun, but I really hope to not have to send Chandelure out if there isn't sun. And I'm not sure about the last one. I've seen Trick suggested, but that seems gimmicky, and I want the speed anyway. It's not like Chandelure has the greatest speed without the Scarf.

Tangrowth at Life Orb
Naughty
Chlorophyll
EV's: ???
Growth
Power Whip
Eathquake
???

I figured Tangrowth can be a great mixed attacker in the sun. I just don't know what special attack to use to make it a mixed set. Chlorophyll just because it'd be absurdly slow with a different ability. I figure Naughty is a worthwhile nature considering its special defense is already garbage.

Whimsicott at Heat Rock
Impish nature
Prankster
Sunny Day
Moon Blast
Substitute
Leech Seed

I know that one Sun setter won't cut it, so Whimsicott seemed liked a good setter considering Prankster. Also, I figured its new fairy typing could help me with some darks, as half my team is weak against them. Moon Blast is meant to deal with some darks, substitute is there to give it some longevity, and Leech Seed is there to get back some health after setting a substitute. However, I'm also thinking U-Turn might be helpful so I can switch back to something that can actually use the sun. If that's the case, I'll probably run Taunt and take out Substitute and Leech Seed considering one doesn't seem like it's work well without the other. Taunt just seems like a good way to avoid status.

Hitmontop at Leftovers
Impish nature
Intimidate
Rapid Spin
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch
Close Combat

Hitmontop seemed like a decent choice for the last slot because I have no bulk besides Uxie. I need something to spin, as my hardest hitters are stealth rock weak, and I feel like Whimsicott is not sufficient enough to get rid of darks. Sucker Punch is to deal with any ghosts that might prevent me from spinning, and Stone Edge is to hit Flying Types that may switch in.

As you can probably see, this team needs work. Anything I haven't typed out the EV's for are Pokemon I don't actually have yet. I'm still working on getting them all, and I figured I'd ask on here before going through the trouble of getting all of them. The only Pokemon I'm set on keeping are Victini and Chandelure, so if anyone has suggestions for others, I'm all ears. If you've bothered reading this, thanks, I do appreciate it! Any words of advice are welcome.