• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

avsimone

Magma Trainer
Here goes nothing

so, I started off playing competitively by just grabbing a bunch of pokemon and putting them together into a team after the fact. Here's one of my favourite teams:

:596:
Galvantula @ focus sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4HP, 252 SP.Atk, 252 Spd
Timid nature
- sticky web
- thunder wave
- thunder
- bug buzz
Galvantula's surprisingly useful. Depending on whether or not the opposing lead has a priority move, I'll go for a thunder wave right off the bat or a sticky web. It nearly never fails to paralyze something before it goes out. Also, I find it didn't do too much with HP.Ice anyways, there are just better users of the move

;479-w;
Rotom-Wash @assault vest
Ability: LEvitate
EVs: 232Hp, 56 Sp.Atk, 220Spd
Modest nature
- volt switch
- discharge
- hydro pump
- hidden power -ice
Rotom's really useful for taking the hits when others can't. not only that, but it's really good as spreading around the paralysis. Though sometimes I miss the lack of recovery so I go with a leftovers and instead of the HP-ice I use will-o-wisp. Rotom's surprisingly fast!

;472;
Gliscor @toxic orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 242HP, 48 Def, 218 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- knock off
- earthquake
- taunt
Suprisingly fast and full of utility! knock off is incredibly useful and not too many people use it on gliscor so it catches many off guard. Taunt hard stops other slow walls, and other gliscor (not that they'd stay in anyways) and things like Heatran. Useful for skarmory and anything trying to set up hazards (and by hazards I really mean stealth rock, is there anyone who tries to set up spikes anymore?)

;006;
Charizard @ Charizardite-X
Ability: Blaze (tough claws)
EVs: 252Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon dance
- outrage
- earthquake
- flare blitz
Because the core of gliscor/rotom can't deal with megavenusaur/bulky grass all too well, that's what this guy's here for :D. and to sweep... that too. beasts through a lot, especially with sticky web.

:530:
Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk, 4Sp.Def, 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- rapid spin
- Earthquake
- Rock slide
- Swords dance
I haven't levelled this guy up yet fully, but he's getting there! (one or two levels off) and he hits like a truck! oh and it out speeds everything but scarfed rotom variants, so that's an easy KO. though I may replace...

and... that's all I got right now... and I really want a priority user on the team. any suggestions?

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
avsimone: I think having a Scizor with U-turn and Bullet Punch would be good if you want priority, and if they are a fire type then U-turn to Rotom

maverichero

So I'm building my first competitive team and I need a lot of advice on it. I’ve picked 4 members of the team and I need advice on if I’m going in the right direction with them and what would be good to match with them. I am very new to this so I apologize if I’m doing this wrong or if my team is crap.

Right now I have the following lined up:

Greninja- Leftovers/Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Ability -Protean
Attacks:
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- U-Turn
- Ice Beam / Grass Knot / Dark Pulse / Taunt

CharX- Charizardite X
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
Dragon Dance
Flare Blitz/Fire Pwnch
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earth Quake/Thunder Pwnch/Roost

Sylveon- Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def/ 8 SAtk or 8 SDef or 8 Spd
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Moonblast

Gengar- Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
-
-

I feel like the last two members of this team should be bigger monsters who can put up walls and act as tanks.

Am I going in a good direction or am I completely off? What can I do to make this better?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So I'm building my first competitive team and I need a lot of advice on it. I’ve picked 4 members of the team and I need advice on if I’m going in the right direction with them and what would be good to match with them. I am very new to this so I apologize if I’m doing this wrong or if my team is crap.

Right now I have the following lined up:

Greninja- Leftovers/Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Ability -Protean
Attacks:
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- U-Turn
- Ice Beam / Grass Knot / Dark Pulse / Taunt

CharX- Charizardite X
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
Dragon Dance
Flare Blitz/Fire Pwnch
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earth Quake/Thunder Pwnch/Roost

Sylveon- Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def/ 8 SAtk or 8 SDef or 8 Spd
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Moonblast

Gengar- Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
-
-

I feel like the last two members of this team should be bigger monsters who can put up walls and act as tanks.

Am I going in a good direction or am I completely off? What can I do to make this better?

The first thing I notice about your team is that it is extremely frail, just like you said, save for Sylveon. You definitely need tanks, and Sylveon can function as one. Which brings me to the second thing I noticed - your EVs for Sylveon suggest a tank, but the moves suggest a special fairy sweeper. Since you have Calm Mind, is your goal here to make a tank that can function as a special attacker after a boost? I've never seen a Sylveon set like that and I'm not sure if it will work or not. Usually those EVs and nature are used for Baton or Wish passers. Since your Sylveon does have Calm Mind, it would be a really nice bulky Baton Passer, especially to a Pokemon like Life Orb Gengar.

Your team could really benefit from some tanks to absorb hits, as well as a cleric. Eviolite Aromatherapy Chansey might work, and Wish/Aromatherapy Clefable works nicely as well. Both are special tanks, although I've battled some really annoying Chanseys that can take physical attacks as well.

maverichero

I actually meant the Sylveon to be a special sweeper. I guess I messed up the numbers. So If I take chansey as a tank who should be my 6th slot? Another larger monster I'm guessing

cheapshot5566

Pokémon Ranger
Maverichero,
My Greninja on my team is set up similarly when it comes to EVs, ability and nature.
This is just my opinion, as this is how battles usually turn out for me. It's set up is largely dependent on what you choose to be the other members and the coverage you need. From what you have so far it doesn't look like you have much in Dragon coverage besides Charizard, who is also weak against Dragon. This is my Greninja, and it has proven itself to be very useful on my team.

Greninja- Expert Belt
Timid Nature
252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Ability -Protean
Attacks:
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Expert Belt doesn't give as much boost in damage, as it only gives 20% on super effective moves, as opposed to 30% on all moves with Life orb, but with the coverage he has a super effective move is common. The 10% damage from Life Orb is also a big negative as Greninja is rather frail and can't take hits very well. Using the Expert Belt also frees it up for another team member to use. Speed is the most important thing on Greninja so perfect IVs in speed is important too. A Grass Knot from Greninja facing another Greninja will often OHKO it if it is built similarly with Evs and doesn't have perfect IVs in Speed and Defenses. That is often the case with mine at least. Surf is a little more reliable, which is also a plus, as an unlucky miss with Hydro Pump can end you. The overall coverage it gets is great with Ice Beam and Dark Pulse, taking out Dragons, and even Mewtwo, often in one hit. Even a neutral hit with Surf and Ice Beam takes a good portion often.

Jellicent has high Special Defenses and may be a viable option on your team.
Jellicent and Chansey are both built to take Special Attacks, though Jellicent can also take physical attacks better than Chansey.
The Gengar on your team may rule out Jellicent though, as two Ghosts may or may not pose a problem occasionally.

Jellicent - Left Overs
Nature: Bold (+ Def, - Atk)
248 HP/216 Def/ 44 Spe
Ability: Warer Absorb/ Cursed Body
Attacks:
- Scald/Surf
- Toxic/ Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball/ Ice Beam/ Night Shade
- Recover

Scald or Surf depends on what you want to cover. If you want to cause Toxic but have the burn option for Steels who resist Toxic go for Scald, but if you just want pure power go for Surf. If you want to help save those that are weak Defensively, then go for Will-O-Wisp to cut the opponents Attack. The EVs are also adjustable. If you want Jellicent to be bulky in both Defenses put the Evs in Defense. If you want him to be all Special Bulk then add all of the EVs into Special Defenses. Shadow Ball is for other Ghosts, but Ice Beam may also be an option for coverage. Night Shade allows for a more dependable move to make the same damage every time. Recover is just Recover, healing off any damage you recieve, or to stall for Toxic damage. The extra EVs put into speed allows it to outspeed other slow pokemon.

cryuel

Hey everyone!

I hope this question fits in this thread, but I was wondering if anyone would have any recommendations for Pokemon that would counter Mandibuzz well? Mandibuzz is very tanky, and along with Knock Off and Roost, it has me and my team completely frazzled at times. Would appreciate any great counters to it with specific builds, as I haven't really come across anything that seems to be able to OHKO it? :/

cheapshot5566

Pokémon Ranger
Status moves are your safest bet. Anything bulky that can take hits and throw Toxic can stall it out. Probopass can take his hits and throw outTtoxic. Going against it with a Mega would be good too, if it out speeds the Knock Off or is already mega evolved. Mega Venasaur with a Leech Deed can help too. Mega Lucario can withstand his dark attacks easily. A Justified Lucario can also withstand it and get a buff from Knock Off and Foul Play, as Justifed raises attack if hit by a Dark type attack. Mega Mawile can also withstand attacks and can take it down easily.

cryuel

Status moves are your safest bet. Anything bulky that can take hits and throw Toxic can stall it out. Probopass can take his hits and throw outTtoxic. Going against it with a Mega would be good too, if it out speeds the Knock Off or is already mega evolved. Mega Venasaur with a Leech Deed can help too. Mega Lucario can withstand his dark attacks easily. A Justified Lucario can also withstand it and get a buff from Knock Off and Foul Play, as Justifed raises attack if hit by a Dark type attack. Mega Mawile can also withstand attacks and can take it down easily.

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually run a Choice Scarfed Terrakion, but even with Justified it doesn't quite kill with Stone Edge/Rock Slide, in which I would have lost a turn because most Mandibuzzes I've encountered switch out when I switch in with Terrakion. :/ I don't think Leech Seed would do much for the same reason.
I did make a Jellicent build today with Toxic, so I guess Toxic really is my best bet against it, but then again it's fast and often has Taunt.. x(

dfr005

This is my first post. First of many I hope. Anyways, I need help correcting my team, it feels more then a little mediocre and I need some help.

Check it out here:

Aerodactyl with Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Flamethrower

This is my lead and it sets out an entry hazard before switching (or staying in if there is an opportunity. I have flamethrower to country steel type leads, because lately they have been wrecking me

Tentacruel with Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Protect

Tentacruel sets out toxic spikes and rapid spins if there are entry hazards. It also stalls with protect when the enemy is poisoned, alternating between scald and protect

* Smeargle with Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Spore
- Baton Pass

Smeargle is my BP, it subs and then spores, setting up a sword dance (or two) and then baton passing to either Kingdra or Mawile

Kingdra with Leftovers
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Bulky physical attacker/counter

Mawile with Mawilite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Pain Split

My main sweeper, I usually try to get a sword dance and with huge power the damage is MASSIVE

Shaymin with Chesto Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 150 HP / 106 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest

Special sweeper and when the HP is low, I use rest with a chesto berry.

*I'm thinking of changing Smeargle to something else because I don't really like using him.

Last edited:

Tangeh

I only have four members and need help picking a rapid spinner. :/

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

My primary choice for a lead. The goal is to set up rocks, ice shard, and then die, but if I'm against something that I can both outspeed and then kill, then I can do that too. People send out weird pokemon against mamoswine all the time for whatever reason (I guess the type confuses them? idk. I thought mamoswine was a typical lead but I have yet to see another one...?). It's not uncommon for me to get rocks up and also take out two or three pokemon. Ground + Ice has really good coverage.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD
Nature: Impish
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Nature: Careful
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind

These two pokemon work amazingly well together - skarmory for physical attacks, snorlax for special attacks (as well as ice and fire regardless thanks to thick fat, which is great because skarmory doesn't appreciate either of those). I've had a mixed attacker surprise me, but if the opponent doesn't have one then the game can go on for a while. Special attacking ghosts are a bit annoying, but whirlwind DOES hit them so it's not all bad. Snorlax can also take status because it can just sleep it off later. Bisharp and Rotom-W are two pokemon that have caused problems, and infernape might be difficult too though I have yet to see it.

Vivillon @ Wide Lens
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance

I've only just started using vivillon in showdown today (I've used it over wifi for a while) and I've gotten several comments from people asking me why I'm using it and if it's any good - so I guess Viv is still a bit unusual, but I looove using her. Vivillon is a great switch in against any fighting-type move as there's a 4x resistance there, and considering two of the above pokemon have fighting weaknesses (and skarmory is neutral), it's a common situation. As long as she doesn't die when sent out and isn't outsped, then she can use sleep powder - a 100% accuracy move thanks to compound eyes and wide lens. From there I can use quiver dance - quite possibly more than once depending on the switch in / if they woke up. After that, hurricane - with compound eyes and wide lens, it is a 100% accuracy STAB base 110 move with a 30% chance of confusion. I don't find I need another attacking move. Even stuff that resists it doesn't like it after a quiver dance or two. This is the reason I'm using wide lens - without it, it's only 90% accurate (because compound eyes) and for a fragile pokemon that's too risky imo. I have had people spam substitute against me expecting it to miss. I have had people complain that I'm just getting lucky with the hurricane. Nope. 100% accuracy. Substitute is for safety + against stuff that sets up / puts out entry hazards.

I was using these four today along with crawdaunt and chandelure... crawdaunt (knock off, crabhammer, substitute, dragon dance) was getting almost no usage, and chandelure was occasionally useful against steel types but was easily taken down and other than that wasn't used at all.

My main strategy is to set up rocks, then switch around and phase the opponent with skarmory + snorlax, with those two getting in an occasional attack / spikes and all around being annoying. This allows me to get a feeling of the opponents movepool, hopefully take down a few, and leave the rest weakened for the attackers to finish off. Because I'm switching so often though, entry hazards on my side are not okay and I think I need a rapid spinner to deal with them. Mega blastoise is the first thing that came to mind, but I really don't know.

Throw some advice my way please? :D I'm totally flexible on the above four as well.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I think Mega Blastoise would work well to counter a fire weakness on you team.
Maybe have it use Rapid Spin, Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, and Aura Sphere?
I think you could change Substitute on Vivillon to U-Turn and add in Thundurus-I or something for a Volt-Turn core.
Thundurus-I could have Volt Switch, Taunt, Sky Drop, and Toxic to stall and attack.

Tangeh

Thank you very much! ^^ I've been trying it out and mega blastoise fits in very well. I have a harder time making use of thundurus so I'll probably keep playing around with that.

I left substitute on vivillon, though. It's a lifesaver in certain situations ex: -> http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-109666168 (excuse me being stupid with the sableye I was overpredicting and therefore didn't get any rocks up :p)

Anzzi

Hey everyone!

I hope this question fits in this thread, but I was wondering if anyone would have any recommendations for Pokemon that would counter Mandibuzz well? Mandibuzz is very tanky, and along with Knock Off and Roost, it has me and my team completely frazzled at times. Would appreciate any great counters to it with specific builds, as I haven't really come across anything that seems to be able to OHKO it? :/

You could for example get one Swords Dance up and then Baton Pass (for example Ninjask). Then change to a Guts Ursaring with Toxic Orb/Flame Orb. After Ursaring has status he can OHKO Mandibuzz with Facade.
You can also get one Nasty Plot up and do the same with a Special sweeper.

SHORTLY: Just get +2 to attack or special attack and you can OHKO Mandibuzz.

MewtwoGymLeader

So this is my second attempt at making a competitive team, and since I want to use it for the april friendly, I have to restrict it to pokemon purely in the Kalos pokedex. I have four of the pokemon, but I can't come up with the last two, which need to be either a tank or a status inflictor (a fairy type would help as well).

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy/parental bond
EVs: 252 atk/ 252 spd/ 4 hp
Jolly or Adamant nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker punch
- ? ? ?
- ? ? ?

My plan here was to use mega kangaskhan as a physical sweeper. Since it has half decent health and defenses, it isn't going to break after one hit (except from fighting types). The EV spread here is to hit fast and hard, but I wouldn't be objective to a defensive EV spread. Earthquake and sucker punch were the first two moves I came up with, but I can't decide what I want the last two to be. I was hoping for something to abuse parental bond, but besides dizzy punch and stomp, I got nothing.

Delphox @ expert belt/life orb/nothing
Ability: blaze/magician
EVs: 252 sp.atk/ 252 spd/ 4 sp.def
Timid nature
- flamethrower
- psychic
- will-o-wisp/shadow ball
- grass knot

When checking out threats to kangaskhan, what came up was, of course, a bunch of fighting types, defensive pokemon like scarmory and ferrothorn, and trevenant. This naturally brought Delphox to mind. With speed and special attack, she in my mind made a fairly decent special sweeper that works half decently with Kangaskhan. Since her moves mainly focus on hitting hard, mainly with a super effective, the expert belt didn't seem like a bad idea. I'm wary of using the life orb, since Delphox can't take to many (if any) physical hits, so I don't want to waste the hp. These work with the ability blaze. There is also the possibility of having no item at all and stealing one with magician. Flame thrower and psychic are for the STAB bonus. Will-o-wisp is a nice fast status, but can fight with shadow ball for coverage. Grass knot is also for coverage.

Ferrothorn @ shell bell
Ability: iron barbs
EVs: 252 atk/ 126 def/ 126 sp.def/ 4 hp.
Brave or relaxed nature
- power whip
- iron head/ gyro ball
- leech seed
- stealth rock/explosion

So, this is a pretty flexible position. Probably the biggest threat to both Kangaskhan and Delphox is Mega Tyranitar, who I for one and very weary of. Big bulky waters would also be problems. So I would counter with a bulky attacking grass type. Ferrothorn has enough defense even with an attacking set to survive a Mega TTar earthquake, and potentially 2HKO it with power whip. Iron head to me seems a bit more reliable than gyro ball, but last time I used it was on a carbink, so that could probably be why. Leech seed is to help heal along with shell bell (I'm using leftovers on a different pokemon, so this was what I came up with). Stealth rock would be nice to set up and entry hazard, but explosion could be a nice final blast when almost dead. The real question here is should it be offensive or defensive?

Vaporeon @ leftovers
Ability: water absorb
EVs: 252 hp/ ?
Bold or Timid nature
- wish
- substitute
- scald
- baton pass

I really liked the idea of a wish baton passer, which vaporeon is fantastic at. With high heath, it could possibly survive switch ins and heal the others (I think. Didn't calculate this, so I'm not positive). I could especially switch into water attackers safely (should they not predict it). Substitute makes for good protection, being extremely high in health and being baton passable. scald can protect me from taunt and can inflict a nice status. Though besides the 252 hp, I don't know what to do with the other EVs.

So this is what I have done so far. As you can see, it is pretty rough and desperately needs some solid defense if Ferrothorn is more attacking than defending. Also, the dark type and dragon type are both staring me down, since I have no counter to dark, who is super effective against my special sweeper, and am resisted by dragon. This is why I had hoped for a fairy type to deal with both of those at once. I also hoped for a pure status inflictor, since I don't know how well Delphox can run will-o-wisp, and the only status I am running at all is a burn. Any ideas?

Champion Silver

So I'm creating a team for online competitive single battles, so my team consists of Pokemon from various tiers (I only have 1 uber, Lugia, because so far my team is based off my in-game team from the original silver version. The rest of my team im planning on making OU and below. The reason also for Lugia is in case I run into anyone using lots of Ubers online so that I still stand some sort of chance.). So far this is my team:

Typhlosion @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 speed, 252 special attack, 4 defense
Nature: Serious
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Solarbeam
- Sunny Day

Despite being a RU, Typlosion acts as a special sweeper for my team. I sometimes switch in Typhlosion to something like grass or steel-types to try to force an opponent to switch, then use sunny day during the switch in for 1 turn solarbeams if the opponent sends in a rock or water type.

Lugia @ ?
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 defense, 252 special defense, 4 HP
Nature: ? (Can't remember)
- Aeroblast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Lugia is a mixed tank who I only really use if my opponent has a lot of ubers on their team. Calm mind lets him wall special attackers really well, and physical attackers a bit as well.

Tyrantrum @ Focus Sash
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 attack, 252 Speed, 4 defense
Nature: Jolly
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Currently my main physical sweeper. With decent speed he can usually take out types that may strike other units hard, and his decent defense lets him usually get off a dragon dance against physical attackers.

Raikou @ Life Orb (May change item)
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 speed, 252 special attack, 4 attack
Nature: Docile
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Tail
- Extrasensory
- Volt Switch

My usual lead-off. Good coverage and with volt switch can help him get out of resistant foes (unless they're ground types...).

Jellicent @ ?
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP, 252 special defense, 4 defense
Nature: ? (can't remember)
- Ice Beam (may swap for scald)
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp (may swap for toxic)

My special wall. A good solution to any tough physical attackers as well, especially ground types thanks to having ice beam and will-o-wisp to halve their attack.

So currently I'm trying to figure out what items to put on my pokemon. Any suggestions on this or my team in general would be greatly appreciated? (I'm also planning on adding a 6th pokemon choice to use online for more variety but im not quite there yet. Any advice for my 6th pokemon would also be great).

Edit: I'm currently thinking of using either tangrowth or ferrothorn as my 6th pokemon.

Last edited:

Ursiring

I'm using M-Charizard X and Dragonite as physical sweepers, Gardevoir as a Special sweeper, and Blastoise as a Special tank. Any suggestions of what I should use in the last two slots?

Glaceon2000

I posted this somewhere else, but no one is answering so I thought I'd post it here.

I was wondering what other two pokemon I should put on my team. Also how my move sets/items are. I won't replace any of the pokemon I have now. I'd love some advice, thanks! Here's my planned team:

Glaceon
EVs 225spa/225spe/4hp
Item: ???
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves:
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Shadow Ball
???

Flygon
EVs 225atk/225spe/4hp
Moves:
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Dragon Claw
??? (I think I had something here but I forget.)

Charizard Y
EVs 225spa/225spe/4hp
Item: Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Moves:
Flamethrower
Solar Beam
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast

Gardevoir
EVs 225spa/225spe/4hp
Ability: Synchronize
Moves:
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Moonblast
???

I would like help with my two other pokemon and what I should put in the ??? spots. Thanks!

TehmazingMuffin

Hi! I'm trying to make a somewhat of a unusual sun team mainly to throw the opponent off since every sun team I seen is the same thing however I'm still new to this competertive battling thing so I'm looking for some help.

Ninetails - Heat Rock
Ability: Drought (of course)
EVs: 252 spd, 252 def and the rest hp
Nature: Modest
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

The reasoning behind this is when this thing is on the field the heat rock will give me 8 turns of sun. I'm not sure if I did the EVs wrong or any thing I just thought it was a good idea.

Charizard X
Ability: Blaze/Tough Claws
EVs: This was literally wonder traded to me XD but it looks like a standard X version.
Nature: Adamant
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

The main reason why I want to use this is because 1: I only have the X version XD 2: people expects to see a Y version so a X sun light Tough Claws Fire Punch should surprise them.

I have two different types of Roserades one looks offensive and the offer more defensive.
Roserade 1 : haven't decided yet :/
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 spd, 252 sp. atk and the rest hp
Nature: Timid
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Extrasensory

Or

Roserade 2 : Black Sludge
Ability: Same as 1
EVs: 252 hp, 242 sp. def and the rest speed
Nature: Calm
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder

I know that Venusaur is probably better but I always wanted to use a Roserade but I haven't gotin a chance to use it plus I thought it would be a good idea. Roserade I think can both out power and out speed a Venusaur but I'm not too sure but if that's true it shouldn't have a problem with countering a water, ROCK and ground type Pokemon.

So far that's all I have for now. Yes it might be a little stupid but I think whatever the final product is going to be great! I could also find a Y Charizard if need to or any thing else for that matter so if you want me to change anything about my team I'll do it!

I hope you can help :D