• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

Buster The Fox

The Blue Water Fox!
Oh man, I totally forgot Paraflinch existed until you mentioned it just now! I guess I'll leave trying out Florges for later. It's not like it's really hard to train a lot of competitive pokemon with Super Training. So awesome...

Is this a good set for a singles Dusknoir
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
EV's: 252 HP, 252 SP DEF, 4 DEF
Moves:
-recommend one please
-Power-up Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-o-Wisp
I've been trying to make this Dusknoir a Mixed wall by putting the 252's into HP and Special Defense and letting its Nature do its thing by raising physical Defense I also gave it Will-o-Wisp to cut down on the enemy's physical attack, Shadow Sneak gets past Dusknoir's abysmal speed, utilizes its decent attack stat and deals with pesky Ghosts *coughMegaGengarcough* and Power up Punch deals with Darks and makes Shadow Sneak stronger.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Is this a good set for a singles Dusknoir
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Impish
EV's: 252 HP, 252 SP DEF, 4 DEF
Moves:
-recommend one please
-Power-up Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Will-o-Wisp
I've been trying to make this Dusknoir a Mixed wall by putting the 252's into HP and Special Defense and letting its Nature do its thing by raising physical Defense I also gave it Will-o-Wisp to cut down on the enemy's physical attack, Shadow Sneak gets past Dusknoir's abysmal speed, utilizes its decent attack stat and deals with pesky Ghosts *coughMegaGengarcough* and Power up Punch deals with Darks and makes Shadow Sneak stronger.

This is just me, but if you want to make Dusknoir a mixed wall, I think Eviolite Dusclops is actually better, even if you're going to attack with it. Its base defenses are better than Dusknoir's, and one Power-Up Punch by Dusclops puts its base Attack power at 105, which is already higher than Dusknoir's 100. Two Power-Up Punches put its base Attack at 157, and it will be more likely to pull of two Power-Up Punches because of its higher defenses, and it still gets the priority Shadow Sneak. For your missing move, Dusclops and Dusknoir NEED Pain Split so it can gain health back.

Personally, I think this set is really gimmicky and I'm not sure if it's going to work or not, but it is creative and worth a try if you can manage to set up.

AlexBW

Better, though...
HI, I'm working on a team for a tournament I'm gonna participate using the VGC 14 rules. Please, the only pokemon I haven’t trained is Goodra but is in process, so I can’t change the EV and I need special help deciding the item my Politoed will hold.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs:252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Dig
- Night Slash
- U-Turn
- Waterfall/Water Shuriken
First of all, I decided to train my Greninja as a Physical Sweeper (I think that's the name) because I thought it wouldn't be common to find a Greninja with this moveset. Dig is for taking Electric types out. Night Slash is for Ghost-type pokemon (Specially Mega Gengar) also for Psychic-type pokemon, it has a high critical ratio so I thought it was the best option. U-Turn stands for grass-type pokemon and for that cases the you malpredicted your foe's first two pokemon and you just use U-Turn, make great damage and switch for a better option. I know Water Shuriken does not have a bery high Comptetitive value but is such a cool move and, after all, is Greninja's Signature move, also it has priority so it can be used in an emergency. Waterfall does greater damage than Water Shuriken and it has a chance on flinching the other pokemon.

Politoed @ ????
Ability: Drizzle
EVs:252 HP/252 SpAtk/6 SpDef
Nature: Modest
- Surf
- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
He activates the Rain. Surf can hit more than one opponent so it's a preety good move. Scald and Hydro Pump hit only one opponent but the first can cause Burning and the other does a lot of damage. Ice Beam is for the grass-types and the dragon-types, boosted by the nevermeltice. Psychic is only for coverage. Please help me decide the item!!!

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate & Huge Power
EVs 252 HP/180 Atk/76 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
She is my Dragon Slayer. Play Rough does a lot of damage in any type of Pokemon excepting, obviously, Fairy, Steel, Psychic. Iron Head is a good STAB move against Rock and Fairy type Pokemon. Sucker Punch is for dealing with Mega-Gengar and others psychic Pokemons. Protect is because sometimes I will activate Trick Room with my Meowstic and I need a non-damaging turn.

Meowstic M@ Leftovers/Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs:252 HP/ 128 Def/ 124SpDef
Nature: Relaxed
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Trick Room
- Thunder Wave/Toxic
He is a Dual Screener. Since my Mawile is pretty fragile to Fire Type moves if Rain is not active, the damage can be reduced with Light Screen. The same goes for my Goodra but in his Defense. Trick Room is only in special cases if my Mawile or Goodra need to move first. Thunder Wave could be used to restore my Jolteon health and for reducing the Speed of a foes pokemon by paralyzing it. Toxic could be another option.

Jolteon @ ???(Choice Specs/Metronome)
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs:252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
Volt Switch goes with the same finality as my Grenijna’s U-Turn. Thunderbolt is a STAB move. Protect because I couldn’t think for a better move. Since my Jolteon can’t learn Signal Beam, I used Shadow Ball as an alternative. She principally attacks Water (Azumarril) and Flying (Talonflame) type pokemon. She could be considered as a Special Sweeper.

Goodra (In process) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs:248 HP/252 SpAtk/8 SpDef
Nature: Sassy
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Tail
He is going to be trained to be a Bulky Offense Pokemon. Draco Metero is Goodra strongest move, he could take other Dragon Type Pokemon. Fire Blast is for treats like Klefki that could be such a pain. Sludge Wave is to attack Fairy Type Pokemon in general as well as Grass Type’s. Dragon Tail could be stronger if my Goodra is hit by a Grass move and could put in Stand-by a Pokemon he can’t afford.

Please, this will be my first serious tournament and I think I thought of almost anything that could be in my team’s way.

Myoung2

This is my first ever team and I could use some advice as it hasn't been hugely successful.

Scyther - Eviolite
Ability: Technitian
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252HP/ 252Atk/ 4SpDef
Moves:
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Aerial Ace
-Swords Dance

This will soon be changed to Scizor with Scizorite and I will have to replace one move with bullet punch. He acts as a physical attacker who can also take a hit, at the moment he is ruined by stealth rocks but Scizors typing should help this. 4x weakness to fire can be scary but this can easily be used as an opportunity to switch into tyrantrum with a 4x resistance.

Tyrantum - Focus sash
Ability:Strong Jaw
EVs: 252Atk/ 252Spd/ 4HP
Moves:
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance

A huge physical attacker with a some great resistances, allowing a switch in on fire types and an opportunity for dragon dancing whether they opt to switch out or attempt to do some damage. Stone edge is particularly good against talonflame and charizards. Obviously a 4x weakness to fighting is scary the focus sash is there to offer some protection against that however another item may be more useful. Usually fighting type moves can be dealt with by switching into Chandelure who takes no damage from them and can proceed with a psychic attack.

Chandlure - Choice specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4HP
Moves:
-Energy ball
-Shadow ball
-Psychic
-Fire Blast

This pokemon was kind of thrown in to fulfil the sp.atk and fire pokemon role and has not been impressive at all. I'm looking for another pokemon to fulfil the fire type move user (to tackle numerous threats) or special attacking role that is required and am really struggling. Some help here would be appreciated.

Rotom (W) - Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4Def
Moves:
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Volt switch
-Substitute

Fairly obvious set. This guy can take a few special attacks and cripple physical attackers with will-o-wisp. Volt switch allows for a quick getaway and predicting when you will get a free substitute from opponents switching/ protecting is always nice. Not had much of a problem with this pokemon but perhaps some tweaks could make him even better.

Starmie - Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 252 Spd/ 4HP
Moves:
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psyshock

This is my rapid spinner and I am considering a change here, although I love the attacking side of starmie. The problem is that he is helpless against spin blockers like aegislash and as a result leaves the whole team vulnerable to hazards. Are there any spinners which would be better matched against the ghost typing or is this common among spinners?

Klefki - Red Card
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252HP/ 252Def/ 4SpDef
Moves:
-Spikes
-Foul Play
-Reflect
-Light Screen

My hazard setter though not always my lead. Red card allows spikes to be set up however often these can be Rapid Spinned away because I don't have any reliable spin blocker (Chandelure seems too frail for this job and can usually be KO'd by Spinners the next turn). Klefki can also be used as a defensive wall, particularly with screens up however the red card has proved annoying in that respect switching me into some terrible match ups and forcing a switch out.

Though much of my bad luck may be down to lack of experience/skill in the game I believe my team would benefit greatly from some input. The main areas I need help in are:
-Replacing Chandelure
-New Rapid Spinner?
-New Items?

Thanks in advance.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Do you know how to get Defog Scizor? DO NOT evolve your scyther yet; you will need the metal coat later. PM me and I can breed a Defog Scyther for you. Defog can now be used to blow away spikes, screens, and rocks. I personally run this set:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Defog

From what I see on paper, your Chandelure is sound, but maybe you should replace Flash Fire with Shadow Tag, and maybe Choice Specs with Life Orb/Expert Belt?
if you still take away Starmie, I suggest Goodra. It can be a good special wall with Assault Vest.

Xernoblade

Live long & prosper
Ok guys I'm relatively new to this, so any constructive criticism is most welcome.

My team so far:
[spoil]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252HP/126Def/126SDef/4Atk
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Substitute

Pretty standard Gliscor set. Toxic the opponent then stall with Protect + Substitute + Poison Heal/Toxic Orb. If need be it can hit hard with Earthquake.

Dragonite @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252Atk/252Spd/4Def
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Outrage (Might consider replacing with DDance)
-Fire Punch

Great partner for Gliscor because of Ground type immunity on both Pokemon. Fire Punch hits Ice types and Skarmory (though not too hard on the latter). DClaw is staple, Earthquake partners amazingly with Gliscor, Outrage is mainly for the really bulky ones. Multiscale also helps him survive Ice Beam on the first turn.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252Atk/126Spd/130HP
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-U Turn
-Steel Wing

This set is centred around Brave Bird. Gale Wings priority lets me get the first strike against Greninja and whatnot, Flare Blitz is the other standard attack. U Turn allows for an easy switch for me to put in a wall/tank, and also removes the Choice Band lock. Steel Wing is a great Fairy killer and hits Rock pretty hard too. This also pairs well with Gliscor/Dragonite.

PLANNED:

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252HP/252SDef/4Def
-Toxic
-Aqua Ring
-Mirror Coat
-Scald

Pretty unusual Pokemon. It's a Special Wall that does what Gliscor can't. Leftovers+Aqua Ring keeps it alive, Toxic kills the opponent slowly, Mirror Coat can do serious damage to special attackers and Scald is a staple attack.

Also, I'm looking for a Lightningrod partner for Mantine, possibly Rhyperior? Can someone suggest a good set for it?
[/spoil]

PREDARK

Hello I'm new at this...I've read quite a lot and I've traded many Pokemon until at last I got the Pokemon that I wanted with the stats that I wanted:

All Pokemon are level 1:

Ralts 4 IVs (HP, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def) Trace
-Disable
-Encore
-Shadow Sneak
-Memento

Froakie 4 IVs (HP, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def) (this one is the only who is not lvl 1) Torrent
Lick
Water Pulse
Toxic Spikes
Strenght

Mawile 5 IVs (Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def, Speed) Hyper Cutter
Taunt
Growl
Fairy Wind'
Astonish

Arcanine 5 IVs (Hp, Defense, Sp. Atrack, Sp, Def, Speed) Intimidate
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Morning Sun

Gible 4 IVs (Hp, Attack, Defense, Speed) Rough Skin
Scary Face
Iron Tail
Iron Head
Outrage

Electrike 5 IVs (Hp, Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def) Static
Tackle
Thunder Fang
Discharge

Gastly 4 IVs (Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def, Speed) Levitate
Hypnosis
Lick

Eevee 3 IVs (Attack, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def) Anticipation
Heping Hand
Growl
Tackle
Tail Whip

These are also some new that I got

Eevee 4 IVs (HP, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def, Speed) Adaptability
Tackle
Tail Whip
Yawn
Wish

Howlucha 4 IVs (HP, Defense, Sp. Def, Speed) Limber
Detect
Tackle
Hone Claws

Torchic 5 IVs (HP, Attack, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def, Speed) Blaze
Growl
Quick Attack
Slash
Mirror Move

So I wanted to know which of these Pokemon should I train, so they can be on my party. Any advise would be highly appreciated!

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Firstly, I would say never, EVER use Torrent Froakie. It's Hidden Ability, Protean, is one of the best abilities. If you don't have one, I could breed one for you.
For another thing, you got some of your IVs wrong, as Electrike and Froakie should have 31 IVs in speed, always, and Arcanine should have 31 IVs in Attack. Otherwise, it looks good.

PREDARK

Firstly, I would say never, EVER use Torrent Froakie. It's Hidden Ability, Protean, is one of the best abilities. If you don't have one, I could breed one for you.
For another thing, you got some of your IVs wrong, as Electrike and Froakie should have 31 IVs in speed, always, and Arcanine should have 31 IVs in Attack. Otherwise, it looks good.
Thanks for the reply! I have one Froakie who has Protean but he has like 1 IV, oh if you could give me one I'd be so grateful! Also, a friend of mine who loves breeding got me these:

Eevee 4IVs (HP, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def, Speed) Adaptability
Tackle
Tail Whip
Yawn
Wish

Howlucha 4IVs (HP, Defense, Sp. Def, Speed) Limber
Detect
Tackle
Hone Claws

Growl
Quick Attack
Slash
Mirror Move

Should I replace maybe Arcanine (well, Growlithe) for Torchic (Blaziken)? I just really don't know how to combine all of them in the best team.

Also got a 5 IV Froakie (On all except Sp. Attack) and Protean!
Water Sport
Mind Reader
Bestow
Toxic Spikes

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Thanks for the reply! I have one Froakie who has Protean but he has like 1 IV, oh if you could give me one I'd be so grateful! Also, a friend of mine who loves breeding got me these:

Eevee 4IVs (HP, Sp. Attack, Sp. Def, Speed) Adaptability
Tackle
Tail Whip
Yawn
Wish

Howlucha 4IVs (HP, Defense, Sp. Def, Speed) Limber
Detect
Tackle
Hone Claws

Growl
Quick Attack
Slash
Mirror Move

Should I replace maybe Arcanine (well, Growlithe) for Torchic (Blaziken)? I just really don't know how to combine all of them in the best team.

Also got a 5 IV Froakie (On all except Sp. Attack) and Protean!
Water Sport
Mind Reader
Bestow
Toxic Spikes

Like CloneBlazer said, the natures on these would be great. The way that you write IVs is like this, using your Froakie as an example: 31/31/31/x/31/31. The 31 is flawless. Any time you don't know the IV, you put an x.

Anyway, good job on replacing your Froakie with one with Protean. Unfortunately, unless that SpAtk IV is in the high 20s or 30, you really need a Froakie with that 31 IV in SpAtk. Froakie's most important IVs are SpAtk and Speed.

Blaze is a terrible ability for Torchic. Blaziken is ONLY competitively viable with Speed Boost. Normally it runs Protect (always use Protect first with a Blaziken to get the Speed Boost)/Flare Blitz/Brave Bird/Swords Dance. You can also use Hi Jump Kick instead of Brave Bird but that's a very risky move.

Your Eevee with Adaptability is only competitively viable if it evolves into Umbreon, Vaporeon (for a non-rain team), Jolteon, or Sylveon, when Sylveon runs Moonblast instead of Hyper Voice. You don't want to evolve it into Espeon because Espeon needs Magic Bounce to be useful. On a Rain team, Vaporeon needs Hydration, and if it has Hyper Voice, Sylveon needs Pixilate instead of Cute Charm.

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to disagree with you about Blaziken and HJK. That's really the only reason to use him. A 130 BP STAB that's semi spammable with Speed Boost is what sent him to Ubers. Flare Blitz is really only used when it hits harder or if you're facing a ghost. As for Brave Bird, it doesn't hit anything that HJK or Flare Blitz can't. Sure you get SE coverage on fighting types, but most did to either STAB regardless so it's redundant.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Given what Varanus said, I have to give in my two cents. First off, with no HA, use Sylveon. Pixilate and Cute Charm are debatably equal.
Second, not all Greninjas are specially inclined. I run a physical set, and I saw someone else who did a better job at it. They had king's rock, and used Fling, then spammed Acrobatics and Waterfall. The last move is your choice, but I recommend Shadow Sneak for priority and fighting immunity.

PREDARK

What are the natures for these Pokemon? Itll help me out when choosing what you should use.
I checked what you guys said so I decided to make my Eevee an Umbreon since he had wish and all, these are the final six:

Greninja - Timid - AT Expert Belt/ Perfect IVs in all except Sp. Attack / I did 252 Sp. Attk/252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-U-Turn

I know he doesn't have perfect IVs in Sp. Attack but I thought making him just attack would be weird since his base stats are higher on Sp. attack, I always send him first.

Mawile - Brave - AT Mawilite/ Perfect IVs in everything except HP, I did 252 Ev HP/ 252 Attack / 4. Sp. Def
-Play Rough
-Sword Dance
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch

I never know when to use sword dance, if she doesn't die she hits really hard but I think she's too slow or I just dont know how to use her properly.

Garchomp - Careful -AT Choice Scarf/ Pefect IVs in everything except Sp, Attack and Sp. Def, I did 252 Ev Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Outrage

I haven't had the opportunity to try him out online nor on the Battle Maison.

Arcanine - Impish -AT Life Orb/ Perfect IVs in everything except in attack :(, I did however 252 Ev Attack/252 Speed/ 4Hp
-Wild Charge
-Flare Blitz
-Extreme Speed
-Close Combat

He is pretty great actually.

Umbreon - Quiet -AT Leftovers/ Perfect IVs in everything except Attack and Defense, I did 252 Sp. Def/252 Hp/ 4 Def
-Protect
-Toxic
-Payback
-Wish

This guy has made me win on the battle maison and online various times.

Gardevoir- Modest - AT Odd Incence (I still don't know what item to put her)/ Perfect IVs in everything except Hp, I did 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/4Hp
-Dazzling Gleam
-Shadow ball
-Focus Blast (I had thunderbolt)
-Psychic

She dies too fast!

I'm way too noob, I got defeated every time on rated battles online (a chansey destroyed me, she hit so hard) and I can't get that far on the super challenges in the battle maison. Help guys I'm not really sure how to proceed since I got destroyed online on rated, but I owned on Free Battles. Also I still have a Gengar, Magnectric and Blaziken hanging around (I decided not to choose blaziken since he didnt have speed boost and I don't even know how to get it).

mmonkeyfeet

Hello, I've been playing Pokemon X for a couple months now and have bred quite a few competitive pokemon (I.E. 5IV's, relavent Egg moves etc... though I don't have access to move tutors from B/W2 considering this is my first pokemon game since red and blue.) I mostly play 6v6 with my friends and a few strangers who happen by my Local game store, but during the week at work my only real option is battlespot singles. I've read several "team building guides" but for some reason I can't seem to put together competitive teams. Maybe it's because I have a preference for some of the earlier pokemon and an aversion to overly popular pokemon. Either way I'm hoping to recieve some advice on organizing a solid team.

Here is a list of some pokemon I've already got bred or are in the works:
Sableye w/Leftovers
Prankster
Impish
252hp, 252def, 4sp.d
-Will o Wisp
-Knockoff
-Recover
-Taunt

Sableye feels like such an awesome counter to so many things. I run him out to counter set up pokemon, stall pokemon, super aggressive physical attackers, but he simply cannot tank a special hit at all (even when i ran calm mind on him). I have to be weary of fairy's, special attackers and fire based attackers.

Venusaur w/Venusaurite
Thick Fat
Sassy
252hp, 126def, 126sp.d
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis
-Earthquake

I haven't bred him just yet, but I like the idea of this set up. I opted for a sassy nature considering he's more of a tank and I didn't want to sacrifice any EQ damage.

Gastrodon w/Rocky Helmet
Water Absorb
Bold
252hp, 126def, 126sp.d
-Scald
-Sludge Bomb
-Stockpile
-Recover

I got so frustrated with Rotom-W always popping up I decided to pick up one of these in hopes of hard countering that guy as well as trying to support sableye's inability to tank/stall fire based attackers.

Nidoking w/Choice Scarf
Sheer Force
Timid
6hp, 252sp.a, 252sp
-Icebeam
-Earth Power
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower

One of my favorite pokemon, this was the most effective build I could come up with for him. Originally I was using Sludge Wave over Flamethrower, but found myself really wanting a fire based attack and using the poison attack.

Alakazam w/Focus Sash or Life Orb
Timid
6hp, 252sp.a, 252sp
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind

I've tried several setups with Alakazam. Mega Alakazam with protect/psyshock/dazzling gleam/shadowball modest, I've tried it with 4 moves and life orb, but common threats like Greninja, Tyranitar, and Talon Flame have really hurt my usage in battlespot, not to mention being complete sucker punch bait, so i thought i would try my hand at focus miss/focus sash/and calm mind.

Gengar w/Black Sludge
Timid
6hp, 252sp.a, 252sp
-Hex
-Will o Wisp
-Substitute
-Disable

If I were to extend my favorite pokemon list beyond 3 Gengar would be next. I've become rather fond of the substitute disable set up as it offers more than simply power. Also instead of the standard shadow ball/sludge bomb pair of STAB's I opted to utilize more status effects and considering I already utilized said status effects I wanted to give Hex a try considering its 130 base power stab attack.

Tyranitar w/Assault Vest
Careful
252hp, 6atk, 252sp.d
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Tail
-Earthquake

I bred this Ttar as an answer for the common charizard mega's running around on battle spot. He can switch into Zard Y and tank the fire move as well as the follow up attack and OHKO or scare it out. If Zard X I switch in on the DDance hopefully tank one hit and Dragon Tail (SE hit and force a random switch off the boost of DDance) Unfortunately Ttar doesn't fit my affinity for stalling out since it has no reliable recovery, in addition he can't counter both Zard mega's. I do like his ability to come in and counter opposing psychics like Alakazam, Latias, Gardivour. Teamed with Sableye/Gengar he can make it hard to come in with fighting type move to OHKO him.

Nidoking w/Life Orb or Choice Scarf
Adamant
6hp, 252atk, 252sp
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Poison Jab
-Sucker Punch

My first breeding project upon finishing the game. Unfortunately I didn't realize just how poor a base 85 speed was, nor did I realize I couldn't get the elemental punches in just X and Y. That said His choice scarf set tends to work well to counter Charizard X and Y. Rockslide OHKO's Zard Y and is at least 2x effective against Zard X, and if X predicts the STAB earthquake a switch into most flyers could still equate to a KO. Sucker Punch really helps counter unsuspecting Psychics hoping to prey upon his weakness, or as a way to revenge kill. His coverage however isn't as good as the special attack version, and neither sucker punch, nor earthquake make any real use of sheer force.

Gyarados w/Lum Berry
Jolly
6hp, 252atk, 252sp
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Tail

Notably Alakazam, Sableye, and Nidoking are my favorite pokemon, so if you have some suggestions to help build around those three or even some new pokemon i need to breed to help support or synergize with them I would be greatful.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

DarkTitan837

I was planning on having something along the lines of this (as this is a complete draft, I haven't, and won't, go into detail regarding item, nature, or EV's):

Gardevoir:
-Taunt
-Moon Blast
-Wil O' Wisp
-Wish

Dragonite:
-Dragon Claw
-Thunderpunch
-Extremespeed
-Earthquake

Infernape:
-Mach Punch
-Flare Blitz
-Shadow Claw
-Grass Knot

Ninjask (lots of EV's on HP here):
-Substitute
-Protect
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

Bronzong:
- Light Screen
- Reflect Screen
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

I don't have an idea currently of who to fill the last slot, but I planned for Bronzong to take the lead, and possibly have Ninjask pull the Baton Pass trick to either Dragonite or Infernape during the Screen's effect. Gardevoir is there to be an efficient attacker and staller w/ SpA, which Infernape and Dragonite obviously lack.

Rock2000256

Returning Veteran
Infernape support

Hello. I am looking for infernape support. It needs to have no weakness to ground or fighting. It also needs to be able to set up sunny day. I have thought about whimscott and leafeon, but didn't know if these were any good. I liked leafeon's wish and whimscott prankster. The other team members are independent and are fine but it may help to know that they are infernape, lanturn, ferrothorn, dragonite, and confarigus. Bastiodon is the pokemon that I am replacing. If you want to see full statistics so that you can help me, I would be glad to disclose them in a pm. This is my first team, so I need all the help I can get!

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I would go with a Whimsicott due to Prankster, it would pretty much always get Sunny Day up. I don't know if you would want a Focus Sash or a Heat Rock, though. It depends on if the Whimsicott is faster than Talonflame. Whimsicott could have Taunt, Sunny Day, Leech Seed, and filler, probably Solorbeam/Knock Off.

Rock2000256

Returning Veteran
Thanks. By the way, I mentioned the rest of the team I am making. Should bastiodon be replaced, or should the team be modified all together.