• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

Deltadromeus

I need help finding a bulky Screens user. And I'd like Knock Off somewhere. That, and I generally want my current team reviewed, despite it doing really well recently.

In no order:

Mega-Tyranitar
Nature: Impish
EV's: 126 HP/130 Def/252 Spe
Moves:
-Dragon Dance
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge (might switch out to Rock Slide)
-Earthquake

Complete tank, especially with screens set up. Dominates most of battles.

Sylveon
Ability: Pixilate
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV's: 126 HP/252 Def/130 SpD
Moves:
-Hyper Voice
-Wish
-Protect
-Heal Bell

Bit of a cleric/stall, with the ability to dent, or even OHKO on occasion, another's health with Hyper Voice.

Dusclops
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Eviolite
EV's: 178 HP/130 Def/200 SpD
Ability: Frisk
Moves:
-Pain Split
-Night Shade
-Will O' Wisp
-Substitute

A stall. Serves his purpose extremely well with Pain Split and Will O' Wisp (might change to Toxic?). I am well aware of Knock Off being the bane of Dusclops here, but I usually switch out, in that case.

Greninja
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
Item: Life Orb
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Moves:
-HP Fire
-Scald (may switch to Dark Pulse?)
-Ice Beam
-Extrasensory

Basically, the lead that puts a dent into the team early.

Cloyster:
Nature: Adamant
Item: Focus Sash
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Ability: Skill Link
Moves:
-Rapid Spin
-Icicle Spear
-Shell Smash
-Rock Blast

Cloyster serves two roles: A set-up sweeper (w/ some bulk), and a spinner. Despite not sounding like a good mix, it's worked rather well. That said, I'm still a little weary on the chance, so I might consider another spinner who packs a punch, yet can take more.

That is quite a strong team you have. I wouldn't change much, however, I would switch Cloister's rapid spin with Ice Shard. Rapid Spin is useful, but its situational. With Ice Sharp, you can safely set up, and even if they have priority, you could do some damage before you go. As for a Screener, there is always Klefkie. Light Clay Prankster screens are good. I'd go mainly Defensive and Hp with it, but a Special Defensive nature. My favorite screener, however, is Creselia. She has some insane bulk to her, and even though she doesn't have Prankster, she can heal and do extra damage. As for knock off, unless your replacing someone with Bisharp (something I'd do) I can't see much in the way of knock off. I,think Dusclops can learn it, so if you really want to mess people up, replace night shade with it.

Last edited:

Mudkipz_Lulz

Icy Mudkipz Breeder
This has been my recent OU team in showdown. Using it specifically because everyone says weather and specifically rain has been nerved this Gen but with the lack of benefiters of rain I don't ever really help anyone out and rain is still a powerful ally.

Frogger 2.0 (Politoed) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Perish Song
- Toxic
- Protect

Sometimes a lead, sometimes not. Goal, stay alive. Without permanent rain this gen it is super important to keep her alive, even if she is sitting at 1% if I can switch her out to get one more round of drizzle it is helpful. Perish song is nice late game or if they have something I need to switch out and can't beat after set-ups... usually Clefable, Chansey and what not. Hydro pump packs a punch, toxic is always nice and works well with protect.

Goron Mask (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Also another potential lead. If I see they have nothing on their team which will make me need a spinner I'll usually just lead him and set up rocks and toxic spikes. Gyro ball can do some damage to a fairy and the rain always helps with his 4x weakness to fire.

Attila teh Hun (Huntail) @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Calm Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Baton Pass
- Rain Dance

I love using non OU Pokemon and this one has been one of my favorites. With rain and a shell smash he is not only ridiculously fast, but also packs a mean punch. I used to run sash but switched to white herb cause with a right switch in and set up you don't wanna take a OHKO anyway. I can use him to destroy or if I need to just baton pass away. Rain dance is so he can pass to nite safely.

Old Yeller (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

My boy Dragonite is a special Dragonite which not everyone sees coming. Rain is pivotal for this guy and he is usually the main receiver of my baton pass. 100% STAB hurricane with a chance to confuse and 100% thunder, hello. Draco is for STAB and when I really need to get rid of something. It is nice to be boosted and then use Draco and then I'm still just a strong Dragonite with a speed boost. Roost and leftovers are for that multi scale life.

I'm You (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Transform

One of my favorite Pokemon since Gen I but never usable till now! I love this guy and he makes dominating teams a breeze! Literally any set up team is destroyed or anything I need a check to I can get. And shiny just for the blue!

Lulz_Sec (Ludicolo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Rain Dance
- Protect

I prefer this Ludicolo set over the more common swift swim set because he is bulky, can cripple teams, and is the epitome of annoyer. Rain dish, leech seed, leftovers always puts me at 100% health... combine with substitute and protect and he is hard to kill... plus water/grass is GREAT typing. Knock off and Taunt are not kind to me but I try and play smart so I don't get taunted or knocked off.

Let me know what you think... I'm open to suggestions as I am planning on actually breeding a team in game for competition and don't wanna waste my time so I'm trying to perfect it first. Thanks :)

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Ok, so I've been waiting a long time for ORAS and now I'm ready to build my team.
This is for OU Doubles, and I'm followed Smogon tiers, so no Mega Kangaskhan, Aegislash, etc.
I have XY and ORAS, BUT NO OTHER GAMES, so please try not to suggest transfer only moves, HA, etc. (unless you know how to easily get them).
I accept any kind of change and constructive criticism, up to and including switching taking Pokemon out.
This team is subject to change, since I made it quite quickly after ORAS information started coming, the second half of my team is really iffy.
The Pokemon are in a format so you can quickly paste it into Showdown! and try it.
SpD is special defense, Spe is speed.

Pachirisu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Protect
- Super Fang
- Nuzzle

This is basically what the world champion used this year. Pachirisu takes hits so my other Pokemon can stay longer. Sitrus Berry heals Pachirisu when it's low on HP so it survives for longer. Volt Absorb is the best of its abilities. Follow Me makes it so Pachirisu takes hits for its partner. Protect to last longer. Super Fang to deal good damage when it has to (Taunt) or when beneficiary. Nuzzle paralyzes them, which can be really annoying. Its EVs and nature make it very bulky, and a dash of speed mostly because the 4 EV won't make a difference anywhere else and can make Pachirisu out speed another Pokemon in rare cases, which can make a big difference.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is my main Pokemon. He is a awesome physical sweeper and is not frail at all. Lum Berry heals it from status conditions when it gets one, because those could really harm Garchomp. Rough Skin is the better of Garchomp's abilities and takes a bit of damage from an attacker (always good)! Earthquake is an AMAZING STAB move for Garchomp is doubles. Rock Slide also hits both opponents and can make them flinch. Dragon Claw is another STAB with good power. Swords Dance can make Garchomp an incredible sweeper, used during spare turns, or when Parchirisu or Greninja protects Garchomp. Garchomp's EVs and nature make is hit hard and fast.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang

Mawile is the mega on my team, it's an awesome physical tank. Intimidate can annoy and cause some real damage on a team before it mega evolves, an awesome buff (it'll have Huge Power after it mega evolves, which will make it have the best attack in the game). Iron Head is a STAB and can cause flinching. Swords Dance makes Mawile's attack DOUBLE and it already has a doubled one! It is good to use in spare turns, or when Parchirisu or Greninja are there to protect it. Play Rough is another STAB, and is good against many popular Pokemon. Fire Fang is for coverage and may even get the opponent burned! Its EVs and nature make it hit hard and last longer, the 4 speed EV can let it out speed other Mawiles.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Trick

Wash Rotom is a nice Pokemon. Choice Specs along with Trick can destroy people's stategies. Levitate is Rotom's only ability, and it's pretty good, it protects it from Garchomp's Earthquake. Thunderbolt is a good STAB and can paralyze. Hydro Pump has to be on Rotom, and it's a very strong STAB. Pain Split heals Rotom when it has low HP and also damages the opponent. Its EVs and nature make it hit hard and last long, with a pinch of speed, similar to the last few Pokemon on my team.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mat Block
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Greninja shares a type with Rotom, but with Protean, that doesn't matter. Life Orb (taken from Garchomp) increase attack strength and since Greninja's bulk isn't too good, HP can be sacrificed. Protean makes everything STAB, and can be used defensively. Mat Block is good in doubles, protecting both Pokemon from damage, and it also helps Talonflame use Tailwind. Surf, Dark Pulse, and Ice Beam make good coverage and Ice Beam can freeze. Its EVs and nature make it hit hard and fast.

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Roost

Talonflame is a very popular Pokemon and really good with Gale Wings. Sky Plate powers-up its Brave Bird. Brave Bird is a good STAB with a priority boost from Gale Wings. Flare Blitz is another good STAB. Tailwind is an awesome support move, especially for Mawile and Rotom. Roost is for healing.

Thanks SO MUCH if you rate it. The thread I posted about this is in my signature, you can also give me advice there, or PM me.

Last edited:

Lord_Chucklebutt

10 year veteran
So here is my team that I plan to use in the future, this is based off of my X, but now I have AS. Constructive Criticism is appreciated.

1. Shuckle (massive defense/offense powertank) bold nat.
moveset:
1: power trick
2: withdraw
3: toxic (tm)
4: stone edge

Using Power trick, it can become either an extremely powerful sweeper, or a defensive wall. I plan to use it mid battle.

2. ninjask (super stat changes, ability speed boost) bold (possibly bulk up)
moveset:
1: doubleteam
2: harden
3: baton pass
4: swords dance

This is a trick I came up with to boost a pokemon's stats really high in a short time by using stat raising moves and baton pass to give the changes to my main offenses (or defenses)

3. staraptor (revenge speed killer) jolly
moveset:
1: retaliate (tm)
2: giga impact (tm)
3: brave bird
4: Close combat
Just a simple revenge killer, possibly combined with ninjask to last longer in different situations

4. blissey (make it a wall) bold
moveset:
1: toxic (tm)
2: protect (tm)
3: substitute (tm)
4: double-edge

My go-to wall pokemon. I have lots but are not ev trained yet. basically a sit-back and enjoy tactic

5. Swampert (super puncherinator) (mega) quiet
moveset:
1: Hammer arm
2: substitute (tm)
3: earthquake
4: muddy water

Main physical sweeper, combined with ninjask can deal and take devastating damage. nuff said

6. gargevoir (special sharpshooter) modest
moveset:
1: pyschic
2: moonblast
3: calm mind
4: future sight

Special sweeper, not the smartest to combine with ninjask due to it being a special and not physical, but hey, who doesn't love Gardevoir?

Last note: I havent finished ev training this team yet so suggestions are more likely to take place, and also now that ORAS are out, can't decide if swampert or Gardevoir should be mega... So yeah tell meh what you think.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
So here is my team that I plan to use in the future, this is based off of my X, but now I have AS. Constructive Criticism is appreciated.

1. Shuckle (massive defense/offense powertank) bold nat.
moveset:
1: power trick
2: withdraw
3: toxic (tm)
4: stone edge

Using Power trick, it can become either an extremely powerful sweeper, or a defensive wall. I plan to use it mid battle.

2. ninjask (super stat changes, ability speed boost) bold (possibly bulk up)
moveset:
1: doubleteam
2: harden
3: baton pass
4: swords dance

This is a trick I came up with to boost a pokemon's stats really high in a short time by using stat raising moves and baton pass to give the changes to my main offenses (or defenses)

3. staraptor (revenge speed killer) jolly
moveset:
1: retaliate (tm)
2: giga impact (tm)
3: brave bird
4: Close combat
Just a simple revenge killer, possibly combined with ninjask to last longer in different situations

4. blissey (make it a wall) bold
moveset:
1: toxic (tm)
2: protect (tm)
3: substitute (tm)
4: double-edge

My go-to wall pokemon. I have lots but are not ev trained yet. basically a sit-back and enjoy tactic

5. Swampert (super puncherinator) (mega) quiet
moveset:
1: Hammer arm
2: substitute (tm)
3: earthquake
4: muddy water

Main physical sweeper, combined with ninjask can deal and take devastating damage. nuff said

6. gargevoir (special sharpshooter) modest
moveset:
1: pyschic
2: moonblast
3: calm mind
4: future sight

Special sweeper, not the smartest to combine with ninjask due to it being a special and not physical, but hey, who doesn't love Gardevoir?

Last note: I havent finished ev training this team yet so suggestions are more likely to take place, and also now that ORAS are out, can't decide if swampert or Gardevoir should be mega... So yeah tell meh what you think.

I think Mega Gardevoir is probably better, but if you want to use Mega Swampert you should probably have it rain, since it has Swift Swim.
You should probably add some items, EVs, and abilities.
And if you are playing with Smogon rules, Double Team (on Ninjask) is banned.

Last edited:

vhanix

Grass grower!
I'm actually new to the competitive scene. This is my progress so far for my competitive AS team. Changes are welcome, but as much as possible I want to stick with Sceptile since it is my Mega and Metagross and Milotic.

Sceptile@Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow/Lightning Rod
EV: Hp46/SpA252/Spe208
Leaf Storm
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
Protect

You can guess that I'm running a fast special sweeper Mega Sceptile. Leaf Storm is for STAB and supports well with Lightning Rod when she goes mega. Dragon Pulse is a Mega Stab. Focus Blast to counter Ice type. I'm kinda hesitant with Protect. I actually IDK why I'd put that, but I can't come up with a more support move.

Metagross
Ability: Clear Body
EV: HP252/Atk252/Def4
Zen Headbutt
Meteor Mash
---
---

Haven't finished the guy yet, but I'm definitely working on a physical sweeper set. Was actually planning to add Earthquake to its moveset but I think it will fit much better with Flygon. Need help with the guy here.

Milotic@Leftover
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Modest
EV: HP148/SpA252/Spe108
Surf
Rain Dance
Recover
Ice Beam

My special wall. Surf hits hard with modest. Recover for obvious reason. Rain dance for support and power up and good team combo with Vaporeon. Ice Beam for countering grass and dragon.

Armaldo
Ability: Battle Armor
Nature: Jolly
EV: Atk252/Def4/Spe252
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
---

Flygon
Nature: Naughty
EV: Atk252/SpA4/Spe252
Earthquake
Outrage
U-Turn
Fire Blast

U-Turn for scouting, and like I said Earthquake fits him better than Metagross. Fire Blast to counter Ice Type and to surprise.

Vaporeon@Leftover
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
EV: ---
Scald
Wish
Baton Pass
Acid Armor

Trying to go for a defensive Vaporeon. I really cannot think of a better cleric other than Vaporeon. I have done many sweeping just because of him, but that's with Protect set instead of Baton Pass. This will be the first time I will be using a Baton Pass move.

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
LI'm planning to build my team for 3v3 on battle spot.

Hitmonlee W/ normal gem
Ability: unburden
Nature: adamant
Ev: physical sweeper, normal spread (tested and working)
-high jump kick
-fake out
-rock slide
-blaze kick
I'm going for an unburden/normal gem/fake out combo. I've used this set before and its worked like a charm.

Foretress W/ leftovers
Ability: sturdy
Nature: relaxed
Ev: 252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SP.DEF
-Gyro ball
-Volt switch
-rapid spin
-stealth rock
Used as wall, and to neutralize stealth rocks, spikes and annoyances of that nature. Has volt switch to give foretress some Mobility. Gyro ball for general attack and to mess with the fairy types.

Sableye W/ sableye mega stone
Ability: prankster -» magic bounce
Nature: bold
Ev: 252 HP/ 252 DEF/ 4 SP. ATK
-Calm mind
-Recover
-Dark pulse -or- knock off (I can't decide)
- Dazzling gleam
Sableye is my main concern for this team. I plan on using prankster to get the a calm mind in before mega evolving, recover to make up HP, and dazzling gleam to attack. I can't decide if I should use knock off or dark pulse

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Looking for some advice on this NU team for Showdown...

pikachu-f.gif
crustle.gif
ludicolo.gif
audino.gif
seismitoad.gif
mismagius.gif

pikachu-catcheur.png

Pikachu-Libre @ Light Orb
Static/Lightning Rod
Naughty
252 Att, 4 Def, 252 Speed
- Flying Press
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch

This is the one I'm a little leery about, as I'm not entirely sure if Showdown allows Cosplay Pikachu yet (when I tried making this and a Belle Pikachu, it listed their respective special moves as illegal), so there's a possibility this'll need to be switched out. I'm also not sure if Cosplay Pikachu can get Lightning Rod as its ability, but I don't suppose it's important either way, since I'm running it as physical and it can't really take a hit, minimizing the benefits from both abilities. Anyway. Wild Charge for STAB, Knock Off because it can run Knock Off, Volt Switch for possible switch initiative, Flying Press due to Flying/Electric offensive synergy (though maybe a little less so due to Flying Press being part Fighting). Light Orb is there because if it wasn't I may as well run Extremespeed Raichu instead. And I'll be honest, I'm sorely tempted to do just that if Librechu doesn't work that well for me. :p

558.png

Crustle @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
248 HP, 8 Att, 252 Def
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Rock Blast

Hazard setter and primary physical wall. Most of my team is pretty durable and has recovery, so it makes sense that I'd favor this type of strategy. Spikes hits things on the ground while Rocks handles anything airborne, X-Scissor and Rock Blast keep it from being Taunt bait and provide a decent punch to boot. Pretty standard, I imagine.

272.png

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Own Tempo
Modest
252 HP, 252 Att, 4 SpDef
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My team's special wall/bulky Special offense. Ludicolo has unique typing and decent natural SpDef, meaning it can run this type of set pretty effectively and soak up a lot of Special hits even with minimal SpDef investment. Giga Drain is both STAB and recovery, while Scald is alternate STAB and has the chance to Burn. Ice Beam works as a good coverage option, and rather than use the inaccurate Focus Blast, I opted for HP Fire, since Hidden Power is its only other good coverage option. I might switch it to Rock though, to make sure I can take on Ice types that are likely to carry Freeze-Dry while still being able to hit things like Pelipper. But then I have other things that could take that on, and no reason for Ludicolo to stay in and let itself get hit with a Flying move.

531-m.png

Audino @ Audinite
Regenerator -> Healer
Bold
248 HP, 252 Def, 8 SpAtt
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind

Physical wall that can turn itself into a pretty decent offensive threat when given the right conditions. It's already a beast with great typing and bulk, so i figured make it physically defensive while putting a twist on its original role of healer. Wish and Heal Bell keep it hanging out longer, while Calm Mind beefs up its special stats and Draining Kiss acts as its means of damage and personal healing. If I can get a couple of Calm Minds up on it, it should be able to sweep with Draining Kiss so long as I've already cleared the board of defensive Steel, Fire, and Poison types and anything that'll hit it with Paralysis or Toxic. Otherwise, it runs like your standard Audino, and I'd probably hold off on Mega Evolution until either the conditions are right to set up or I have no other options available to me, so I can take advantage of Regenerator for as long as I possibly can.

537.png

Seismitoad @ Choice Scarf
Poison Touch
Jolly
252 Att, 4 SpDef, 252 Speed
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

I don't know why but I'm a fan of pokemon in this middling Speed tier being Scarfers. EQ is this Seismitoad's STAB, but also doesn't take advantage of Poison Touch, and sadly all of his Water type STABs are Special. So I went with Poison Jab to help him handle Fairies, Ice Punch for additional coverage, and Drain Punch for recovery. I mostly went with this set for Poison Touch, which gives Ice and Drain Punch a chance to poison the opponent, a trait that jibes especially well with the team's overall bulk. Probably the one downside to using him is that this gives me two pokemon that get utterly shredded by Freeze-Dry, but at the same time both of them have a means to handle Ice types fairly well. I almost gave this spot to standard DD Feraligatr, which may still be a better idea since then I'll have some priority, but I wanted to try something less standard.

429.png

Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Timid
4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Power Gem
- Trick

One of my favorite pokemon, this one was originally going to be Aurorus, but I opted for something faster since I already have two other pokemon with Ice moves at their disposal. This I think is pretty much standard for a more offensive Mismagius; Shadow Ball for STAB, with Dazzling Gleam offering next to perfect coverage, and Power Gem handling the one thing Ghost/Fairy doesn't (Pyroar) as well as giving it a good weapon against Ice, Bug, and Flying types. Trick will let it give up some of its power to debilitate a physically attacking or defensive threat, though I could just as easily trade the Specs for a Life Orb and have it use Will-O-Wisp, or maybe give it Energy Ball, Psychic, or Hidden Power [Ground/Steel].

What's good about this team is that, in terms of weaknesses and types it can handle, it's fairly well balanced. Nothing on the team has double-weaknesses aside from Seismitoad's weakness to Grass (and both it and Ludicolo being double-weak to Freeze-Dry), and there's no one type that more than two individual pokemon on my team has a weakness to (most being something only one team member is weak to). Every individual type my team has something it can handle, most with multiple moves that could take them.

There's a few obvious downsides, though. Nothing directly causes status, nothing can remove hazards from the field is I need them gone, nothing can remove something that's set up a lot from the field, and I have no priority. I do have a few ways to fix these problems if I switch a few pokemon out though.

26.png

Raichu @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Lightning Rod
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Speed
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge/Thunder Punch
- Knock Off
- Brick Break/Thunder Wave

This could be a viable replacement for Librechu; while it loses that Flying coverage, it gains priority in the form of Extreme Speed, which can be incredibly powerful with a Band buffing it up. The sacrifice also gives it slightly better Speed and better offensive power through a held item, though said power itself comes with the added cost of either being locked into a move or taking recoil from everything it does.

569.png

Garbodor @ Choice Scarf/King's Rock
Stench/Weak Armor
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Speed
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Blast
- Drain Punch
- Double Slap/Body Slam/Rock Polish

I mentioned before I like middling Speed Scarfers, and Garbodor is one I love. The think is, it gets Rock Polish, and while Stench could be incredible, Garbodor doesn't get many contact moves to exploit it. So I include the option of King's Rock and Rock Polish for it; in this case it has to sacrifice having its boost on the first turn, but it gets to use Weak Armor then, and will get the flinch chance on Gunk Shot and Rock Blast.

336.png

Seviper @ Choice Scarf/Choice Band/Life Orb
Infiltrator
Adamant/Jolly/Naughty/Lonely
4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Speed or 252 HP, 80 Att, 176 SpAtt or 80 Att, 176 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Poison Fang/Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Flamethrower/Giga Drain/Knock Off/Glare

Seviper has a LOT of options going for it, but I'd like to make it either mixed or fully physical. As a mixed it'll likely go for one of its special Poison STABS along with either Flamethrower for a Scarf or faster Life Orb set or Giga Drain for a bulkier set. Full physical would get one of its physical Poison STABS (Poison Fang being included merely for the chance to cause Toxic while still being an actual attack) along with Knock Off on the Band set or Glare for the Life Orb set. Regardless of which way it goes, Earthquake is there to handle Steel types and Dragon Tail can knock setup pokemon away even if they Sub thanks to Infiltrator.

Before anyone comes in here trolling and flaming, I would like to say this is my first competitive team. I have never really done competitive battling. I am looking for some suggestions and for people to be nice. I realize my post might not be up to standards and I ask you for patience while I hear suggestions and edit how I should create my team. I am looking to use this team to fight with friends and random people online, no tournaments or anything like that. Also, I don't feel like breeding over and over the right natures. I am hoping that I have an okay team and I am not 3x weak to any type. I am looking to play online where teams are capped at lvl 50 and with friends. i'm looking to use this team for oras.

Mega Blaziken w/ Blazikenite lvl 71
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hasty
EVs:
- Protect
- Blast Burn
- Sky Uppercut or Low Sweep
- Flare Blitz

1) Usually like to open with Blaziken and use it's speed as a speed sweaper.
2) I have sky uppercut to counter normal types
3) I have blast burn on there because it's really strong and flare blitz too for speed.

Metagross w/ Mind Plate lvl 75
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Docile
EVs:
- Calm Mind
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash

1) physical attacker
2) tank
3) calm mind to boost to my attacks. maybe agility over calm mmind

Shiftry w/ Miracle Seed lvl 70
Ability: Chlorophyl
EVs:
- Defog
- Swagger
- Leaf Storm
- Extrasensory

1) I have defog and swagger there to annoy the foe.
2) Leaf storm to attack water and rock types.
3) Extrasensory is for fighting types.
I was also thinking maybe use Sable eye instead of shiftry?

Dragonite w/ Choice Bad lvl 67
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs:
- Outrage
- Thunder punch
- Extreme Speed
- Super powers

1) Basically a choice bander to do alot of stab damager. Thunder punch is there to hurt water types.
2) I have extreme speed to get in a quick attack if something is faster.
3) Super power is there to cover every other situation

Rhyperior w/ Life Orb lvl 50
Ability: Reckless
Nature: Bashful
EVs:
- Earthquake
- Rockslide
- Stone edge
- Protect

1) I have rockslide in their to counter flying types.
2) Stone edge in there to help do damage to the other team over time.
3) Protect and earthquake are there to do damage. I want to use my Rhyperior as a tanky bulky attacker.

Suicune w/ Leftovers lvl 55
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Quiet
EVs:
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

1) Offsenive use for this suicune.
2) I will use to attack rock and fire types.
3) I will use to attack special attackers and dragon types.
I also considered using my blastoise with rain dish w/ naughty nature.

Last edited:

yaywalter

Looking for help with making what will be my first ever Pokemon team intended to be even remotely competitive in a multiplayer environment. I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to competitive Pokemon, but even worse... I've been playing Pokemon solo since Red/Blue days which means I have some bad habits when it comes to team building and battling, which works for getting past the Elite Four but likely won't work so well against real players with reasonably well-built teams.

As such, I won't even waste anybody's time providing potential movesets for my team... I don't have any idea of what moves are good in a competitive environment.

Currently, my team consists of Shedinja, Blaziken, Gardevoir and Skarmory... the last two Pokemon are undecided. I'm not too keen on replacing the aforementioned Pokemon with anything else, though I wouldn't mind having an alternate Pokemon or two so that I can change things up a bit once an opponent thinks he knows my team (I intend to play locally with a small group of people). I'm considering Spiritomb, Audion and Stoutland as potential candidates for the last two slots on my team, but I'm all-ears for any other recommendations. And of course, if anybody could be so generous as to provide recommended movesets for any of the Pokemon on my team, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Looking for help with making what will be my first ever Pokemon team intended to be even remotely competitive in a multiplayer environment. I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to competitive Pokemon, but even worse... I've been playing Pokemon solo since Red/Blue days which means I have some bad habits when it comes to team building and battling, which works for getting past the Elite Four but likely won't work so well against real players with reasonably well-built teams.

As such, I won't even waste anybody's time providing potential movesets for my team... I don't have any idea of what moves are good in a competitive environment.

Currently, my team consists of Shedinja, Blaziken, Gardevoir and Skarmory... the last two Pokemon are undecided. I'm not too keen on replacing the aforementioned Pokemon with anything else, though I wouldn't mind having an alternate Pokemon or two so that I can change things up a bit once an opponent thinks he knows my team (I intend to play locally with a small group of people). I'm considering Spiritomb, Audion and Stoutland as potential candidates for the last two slots on my team, but I'm all-ears for any other recommendations. And of course, if anybody could be so generous as to provide recommended movesets for any of the Pokemon on my team, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

You did say you're mostly gonna play locally, right? In that case, it's not an especially huge deal what you use, since it's a more casual environment (unless you're planning to enter some sort of local tournament). Spiritomb is an alright choice as a defensive pokemon for your team since nothing else here has a weakness to Fairy, but leaves the team without much in terms of healing, and while both Audino and Stoutland are alright pokemon, neither is really gonna work as well in a serious team. I'd honestly suggest not using Shedinja at all, since it's such a gimmicky pokemon, and needs a lot of support to work well. You should make sure to know what kinds of rules are in place though (for example, I'd suggest banning uber legends: like things like Victini or Regirock could be allowed, but the big legendaries like Kyogre or Darkrai or Mewtwo would be banned). Anyway, here's what I think I'd do:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Speed Boost
Jolly
252 Att, 4 Def, 252 Speed
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz

This guy's main purpose is going to be getting that Speed Boost by Protecting first turn, then Baton Passing it off to something else. Of course, he's no slouch when it comes to offenses, so he doubles as an attacker with high Jump Kick and Flare Blitz, with Life Orb increasing your damage. The EVs maximize its offensive prowess, since it's not likely to need to take a hit.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Synchronize > Pixilate
Modest
4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Speed
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic/Psyshock/Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball

This one will be your main special attacker. Calm Mind buffs its SpAtt and SpDef, and its already decent SpDef makes it decent to Baton Pass Blaziken's Speed Boost to when faced with things that mostly run Special attacks it can resist while Synchronize would make it an interesting switch if you suspect your opponent to be prepping for a status move. Stored Power is a potential option if you think you'll be able to set up a lot of Calm Minds, but Psyshock is probably the best Psychic STAB option since it hits the opponent's Def, making Gardevoir more versatile as an attacker. Hyper Voice, thanks to Mega Gardevoir's Pixilate, will act as its main attack and Fairy type STAB. The last move slot goes for coverage; Shadow Ball to take on opposing Psychics, Thunderbolt to handle some of the Flying type threats out there, and Energy Ball to handle Water/Ground types. The EVs and nature make it as powerful as it can get, but you can trade some of its Speed EVs for HP if you want it better able to handle a hit.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
252 HP, 4 Att/Speed, 252 Def
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Defog/Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind/Toxic

Skarmory will act as pure physical Defense. Roost is to heal up (though you should be careful not to be predicted to use it by a slower pokemon with Earthquake or another powerful Ground move), while Brave Bird is your main means of dealing damage. Defog is preferable so he can clear out entry hazards if your opponent sets them up, but since that's a move that you need to transfer from a 4th gen game, you could replace it with Stealth Rock to help defend yourself against things like Talonflame or Charizard. Whirlwind can get rid of an opponent you don't want to deal with, while Toxic is great for building up residual damage.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Natural Cure
Bold/Impish
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy/Heal Bell
- Toxic/Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock

This will serve as the team's Special wall, and is one of the game's most annoying to deal with. One of the tricks to competitive play is that some defensive pokemon, such as Chansey and Dusclops, are better than their evolutions as walls thanks to their ability to use Eviolite, and Chansey is the best proof of that. Soft-Boiled keeps it healthy, Heal Bell/Aromatherapy removes status effects from your team, Seismic Toss lets it hit things without caring about its Att and SpAtt. You can choose between Toxic and Thunder Wave as your status, but if you manage to get your hands on a Skarmory with Defog, you could give Chansey Stealth Rock instead. Its ability helps it also to absorb status, since it'll be healed of it when switching out. The reason for the EVs is because, while it's meant to sponge Special attacks, its SpDef is so high that adding to it would just be pointless, while adding to its Def will allow it to potentially survive a strong physical attack.

Nidoqueen/Nidoking @ Choice Specs
Sheer Force
Modest
252 HP/Speed, 252 SpAtt, 4 Def/SpDef
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast/Shadow Ball

The choice here between these two really is just whether you'd rather have a little more power or a little more survivability. Either way, the Nidos are great bulky Special attackers since they come with the Sheer Force ability, which powers up a large number of their Special attacks, which generally have secondary effects, and their typing means immunity to Toxic and Thunder Wave as well as being able to absorb Toxic Spikes if your opponent's dropped some. Earth Power and Sludge Wave are the STABs to use, while Ice Beam gives you incredible coverage when combined with Earth Power. The last move slot goes to Fire Blast or Shadow Ball, depending on what you feel you need more, though Fire Blast is preferred. Choice Specs lock it into a move, but they give it a much-needed SpAtt buff. Your best strategy here is to make sure you clear out anything on the opponent's side that could resist a given move, bring Nido in when a team member dies, and lock yourself into the move that they don't have a resistance to. You'll more likely want to max HP if you use Nidoqueen, or max Speed if you use Nidoking, though either will work the other way around as well.

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Mold Breaker
Jolly
252 Att, 4 Def/SpDef, 252 Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage/Dragon Claw
- Low Kick/Superpower
- Rock Slide/Poison Jab

Similar in principle to Nido above, except this one's more designed to come in after a pokemon's been knocked out, hit something hard in revenge, then switch right back out. It serves as a decent check to most forms of Rotom, too, thanks to Earthquake bypassing its Levitate. Besides that, it can go with Outrage or Dragon Claw for its STAB, depending on if you're okay being locked in place for a few turns to deal extra damage (though if you do go for Outrage, don't use it if the opponent has any Fairies on their side), while Low Kick or Superpower are both great physical Fighting attacks and the last move acts as coverage.

This by no means is your only option, and I'm sure a lot of folks here would have better ideas.

imran3

Nothing much...
Going mono Bug type. Single mostly. So here we go with this mess:

1)Scolipede (Fish bait)
@Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Calm
IVs: I forgot, +Def +Sp. Defense, +Speed
EVs: 252 Def, 100 Sp. Def, 152 Speed.

Moves
Baton Pass
Protect
Swords Dance
Substitute

Role: Stalker, Bait

Fish bait here will boost Megacross' Speed to make it a sweeper. It sets up 2 Swords and a Sub. Then it Baton Passes to Heracross/ other physical attacker. The problem is: It has to survive.

2) Heracross (.35Calib)
@Heracronite
Ability: Swarm -> Skill Link
IVs: Except Special Attack
EVs: 252 Attack 100 Defense 100 Sp. Def 52 Speed

Moves:
Bullet Seed (125 power, 100 accuracy!!!)
Rock Blast
Pin Middle
Close Combat.

Role: Mega, Scolipede Boosted Sweeper.

After Fishbait Baton passes, the Sub will take care of any threat to Megacross (except Talonflame). It Mega Evolves and Boom! Takes out any threat.

3) Volcarona (Fusion Bomb)
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Sp. Att 252 SPD
IVs:

Moves:
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Psychic

Rage Powder in Doubles and Triples.*

Role: Special Sweeper

If things go wrong, Fusion takes care of this. Scolipede could throw in some speed and a Sub. This makes it wreck non special walls. These moves will destroy them.

I have Pinsir and planning on Sci or. GTG will edit post later

Last edited:
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could give me advice on the EV spread for an Adamant Swampert. So far I maxed out its attack stat and was wondering what I should do with the remaining 252 evs? Thanks to whoever helps

Mye

Someone has to win..
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could give me advice on the EV spread for an Adamant Swampert. So far I maxed out its attack stat and was wondering what I should do with the remaining 252 evs? Thanks to whoever helps

It depends. If you're going mega with it, speed seems to be the safest bet as combined with swift swim you can basically murder everything with a super fast/powerful earthquake. For regular swampert, HP is preferred as its speed pre-mega is pitiful.

scizor42

Back from break

We need more information. Firstly, posting some move sets, even if they are half-baked, will give us a better idea of what you want to do. Secondly, what rule set are you using when "playing locally"? If, for example, you are playing by smogon OU, you won't be allowed to use Blaziken, as it is an Uber. Shedinja is also something you should definitely replace as well, as it is terrible.

I'm not going to build your team for you, but as for an example as to what you should add, since you only have a physical wall and a special attacking mega, you need stuff to to take more special hits. For this, i recommend:
Tyranitar@Assault Vest
Adamant
252 atk/252hp/4spDef
-crunch
-stone edge
-earthquake
-?

This set uses the fact that rock types spDef is boosted by 50% in sandstorm, and assault vest boosts it even further 50%, jumping its special defense up to 225% of what it is normally for a pokemon with that base stats. Crunch/stone edge/earthquake are all powerful moves with good coverage, the fourth is somewhat a toss up. (Might want to research this type of idea further, as i'm mostly playing this from memory. Smogon is definitely a good resource to use; you may want to stick to smogon sets for quite a while after you start battling competitively).

Of course, i'm not going to do all your work for you. Try and think of other things that your team may be weak to, and address those weaknesses when you team build. Try and actually put together a full team first (pokemon showdown is a good place to do this, as it is a simulator and lets you build teams without having to raise any pokemon). If any issues come up from play testing your team, try and patch them yourself. Once you have finally found a good team that you are having trouble further improving by yourself, post it here, and then our help will be much more helpful.

This is my team for random battles, playing with friends, and battle spot on ORAS.

Mega Venusaur (Staller)
Ability: Overgrow (Thick Fat)
EVs: (unsure but stats at lvl 31 as ivysaur are 89 hp, 64 sp at, 71 sp.d......)
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb

Ninetails w/ Choice Scarf (sp attacker)
Ability: Drought
EVs: (unsure but stats at lvl 34 vulpix 80 hp, spd 64, sp def 53, and sp.a 49)
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam
- Flame Thrower
- Nasty Plot

Gardevoir w/ Choice Specs (choice attacker)
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: (unsure but stats are when ralts lvl 1 as 11 hp, 6 sp att/ 5 for spd, sp.d, and def)
- Moonblast
- Shadowball
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Dragonite w/ Choice Band (choice band speed attacker)
EVs: (unsure but stats at lvl 1 dratini are 12 hp, 6 for everything but sp. att)
- Outrage
- Thunder punch
- Extreme Speed
- Super powers

Gengar w/ Black Sludge (spd hexer)
EVs: (unsure but 11 hp, 7 sp. att, and 6 for all stats except att and def at lvl 1)
-Hex
-Substitute
-Taunt
-Will-o-wisp

Crawdaunt w/ Life Orb (wall breaker)
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: (unsure but 12 hp, 6 for all stats except spd and sp.a at 5 at lvl 1)
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off

I was thinking of maybe a defensive milotic if Crawdnaut doesn't do anything for my team.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
Ninetails w/ Choice Scarf (sp attacker)
Ability: Drought
EVs: (unsure but stats at lvl 34 vulpix 80 hp, spd 64, sp def 53, and sp.a 49)
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam
- Flame Thrower
- Nasty Plot

fire blast > flamethrower

Gardevoir w/ Choice Specs (choice attacker)
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: (unsure but stats are when ralts lvl 1 as 11 hp, 6 sp att/ 5 for spd, sp.d, and def)
- Moonblast
- Shadowball
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

is both moonblast and dazzling gleam useful in single battles???? you can swap dazzing gleam out for thunderbolt

pokefan123456 said:
Dragonite w/ Choice Band (choice band speed attacker)
EVs: (unsure but stats at lvl 1 dratini are 12 hp, 6 for everything but sp. att)
- Outrage
- Thunder punch
- Extreme Speed
- Super powers

where's ddance? also no superpwer, instead earthquiake and eiter fire punch or ddance instead of thunderpunch

also, all of these pokemon MUST have 31 IVs in every stat

imran3

Nothing much...
Going mono Bug type. Single mostly. So here we go with this mess:

1)Scolipede (Fish bait)
@Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
IVs: I forgot, +Def +Sp. Defense, +Speed
EVs: 252 Def, 100 Sp. Def, 152 Speed.

Moves
Baton Pass
Protect
Swords Dance
Substitute

Role: Stalker, Bait

Fish bait here will boost Megacross' Speed to make it a sweeper. It sets up 2 Swords and a Sub. Then it Baton Passes to Heracross/ other physical attacker. The problem is: It has to survive.

2) Heracross (.35Calib)
@Heracronite
Ability: Swarm -> Skill Link
IVs: Except Special Attack
EVs: 252 Attack 100 Defense 100 Sp. Def 52 Speed

Moves:
Bullet Seed (125 power, 100 accuracy!!!)
Rock Blast
Pin Middle
Close Combat.

Role: Mega, Scolipede Boosted Sweeper.

After Fishbait Baton passes, the Sub will take care of any threat to Megacross (except Talonflame). It Mega Evolves and Boom! Takes out any threat.

3) Volcarona (Fusion Bomb)
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Sp. Att 252 SPD
IVs:

Moves:
Fiery Dance
Bug Buzz
Psychic
Quiver Dance
Rage Powder in Doubles and Triples.*

Role: Special Sweeper

If things go wrong, Fusion takes care of this. Scolipede could throw in some speed and a Sub. This makes it wreck non special walls. These moves will destroy them.

I have Pinsir and planning on Sci or. GTG will edit post later

I hope I get some feedback :D Any comment is appreciated. Just make sure it follows Serebiis rules.

Togia

The Gawd
Hi all,

If you're going with Mega Swampert, the recommended EV's are 104 HP 252 Atk 152 Spe. This is the smogon recommended build and it works really well for me personally. I've managed to take hits and deal damage in the rain even while burned. The 152 speed EV's are enough to outspeed Mega Sceptile which is amazing!