• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Hi! I'm quite new to this game and I have no idea what my whole team is going to be. However, I really want my Greninja and Lucario (below) on my team:

Greninja
- Item: Expert Belt
- Ability: Protean
- EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
- Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
- Moves:
+ Scald
+ Dark Pulse
+ Ice Beam
+ Extrasensory

Lucario
- Item: Lucariotite
- Trait: Inner Focus
- EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
- Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- Moves:
+ Brick Break
+ Extreme Speed
+ Thunder Punch
+ Shadow Claw/Poison Jab

I am considering Garchomp or Aegislash but again, I have no idea what the next move is. I hope you can give me a few suggestions for my team. Thank you!

Well, you will want pokémon that helps covering your team's weakness, for example Scizor because it resists fairy and can kill them with Iron Head. You need to look at your team's weakness, right now you have:
Greninja: weak to eletric, grass, bug, fight and fairy (on the switch as a water/dark pokémon) and
Lucario: fire, ground and fight.
Some of the weakness aren't so important, for example Greninja may be weak to bug but Lucario resists it, like how Lucario is weak to fire but Greninja resists it, so your biggest worry is fairy, fight, ground and fire, finding pokémon to cover those weakness is your first step. Some example:

Talonflame resists fairy, fight and fire and takes no damage from ground but it is weak to eletric like Greninja.
Scizor resists fairy but is weak to fire like Lucario.
(mega) Altaria resists fight and fire but is weak to fairy like Greninja.

Hope it helps!

Volderlord

Thanks for your help. I just picked up a talonflame yesterday and still trying to breed it. Also, I did some searches into building a team. I read somewhere that I need a tanky pokemon or a lead to set up the fight. Is that just one of many available strategies or it's simply the best? And if that is the case, do you have any suggestions for those positions?

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Thanks for your help. I just picked up a talonflame yesterday and still trying to breed it. Also, I did some searches into building a team. I read somewhere that I need a tanky pokemon or a lead to set up the fight. Is that just one of many available strategies or it's simply the best? And if that is the case, do you have any suggestions for those positions?

It is the most used strategies, the way you build your team depends heavily on your play style and where you play, for example: I play mainly on the official pokémon competitions that are held via Nintendo Wi-fi, those mainly are doubles with 4 pokémon in each team, if you play double with people who follows smogon's rules, however, you will have teams with 6 pokémon so strategies are totally different.
My suggestion is: know yourself.
I prefer to play more offensively, I get tired if I use 6 totally stall-like pokémon but other people loves to use such teams, so yeah.

zeldapsychology

Is this a good team to build?

I am REALLY REALLY just starting fresh guys. No moves or items (haven't even done battle masion for BP to get items). I have started looking at cyberproductions youtube account and some good pokemon used there and looked around the competitive side of "what's good" I was trying to build a team around the following

Eevee (to evolve to Sylveon later)

Lopunny MEGA

Volcanora

Hydregion

Going off of Smogon Draco meteor OHKO's and Sylveon with hyper voice is great (need to get BP to buy that.) Trying to figure out what ORAS Pokemon to add to the team above.

Starting off with IV's I have a 4IV male eevee and 3 IV male eevee (at 12.5% CHANCE) I have 20+ MALES no females and a **** IV ditto. So not doing to well on the egg front. :-(

Not sure I'm wasting my time here or what other pokemon to add to this. I might have a viable online team before a new game comes out before Nov. (if they do the yearly GF has been doing.)

and not sure how some on Serebii feel but I want legit I don't want a 6 IV hack ditto. :) a female Eevee would be nice though. :) and not sure I'm wasting my time with the team idea above. My goal is to hit hard overall that is how I play the main game.

Last edited:

Reisuke

Apparently i died
I am REALLY REALLY just starting fresh guys. No moves or items (haven't even done battle masion for BP to get items). I have started looking at cyberproductions youtube account and some good pokemon used there and looked around the competitive side of "what's good" I was trying to build a team around the following

Eevee (to evolve to Sylveon later)

Lopunny MEGA

Volcanora

Hydregion

Going off of Smogon Draco meteor OHKO's and Sylveon with hyper voice is great (need to get BP to buy that.) Trying to figure out what ORAS Pokemon to add to the team above.

Starting off with IV's I have a 4IV male eevee and 3 IV male eevee (at 12.5% CHANCE) I have 20+ MALES no females and a **** IV ditto. So not doing to well on the egg front. :-(

Not sure I'm wasting my time here or what other pokemon to add to this. I might have a viable online team before a new game comes out before Nov. (if they do the yearly GF has been doing.)

and not sure how some on Serebii feel but I want legit I don't want a 6 IV hack ditto. :) a female Eevee would be nice though. :) and not sure I'm wasting my time with the team idea above. My goal is to hit hard overall that is how I play the main game.

Well you shouldn't just build a team consisting of "strong" pokemon. You should worry about the weaknesses of your team. So building it around one pokemon (or a core of pokemon) would be a good idea. For example you built it around mega lopunny, it's weaknesses are fightning, pshygic, fairy so adding a pokemon wich can cover those weaknesses is a good idea. So you'd add sylveon who is weak to steel and poison. And you try to cover those weaknesses. But that alone can't make a strong team. Maybe you covered all your weaknesses but there might be a common threat (like keldeo or landorus I) wich can rip your team apart so you should try to focus on covering your team mates weaknesses and also a good counter for said threat (for what you want to use BD azumarill can OHKO 3 of your pokemon if azumarill got to use belly drum and sylveon can't really do anything back).
Also it is best to chose a strategy/playstyle you want to use because (mega) slowbro for example might be a blessing for stall but it just won't pull of a good job in hyper offense.

And on a sidenote: most 6IV ditto's going around this forum are RNG'ed in BW/DPP and sometimes they're cloned too. That doesn't mean they're illegal

Celwinn

Hello :)

New to the site, and new to competitive battling. Next week, I am getting a DS and will be picking up Pokemon X (Yes, I know. I am behind in times :p).

Now, before I set foot into the game, I want to research a team so that when I do get into the game, I can start obtaining the pokemon, training etc.

My first step is to build a team. With that, I used a team builder site and was hoping to get some feedback on it :) (This is just a team build. Once I am satisified with the 6 Pokemon, I will go into depth with EV's etc.)

1 - Pangoro
2 - Druddigon
3 - Hydreigon
4 - Clawitizer
5 - Tyrantrum
6 - Chansey

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Hello :)

New to the site, and new to competitive battling. Next week, I am getting a DS and will be picking up Pokemon X (Yes, I know. I am behind in times :p).

Now, before I set foot into the game, I want to research a team so that when I do get into the game, I can start obtaining the pokemon, training etc.

My first step is to build a team. With that, I used a team builder site and was hoping to get some feedback on it :) (This is just a team build. Once I am satisified with the 6 Pokemon, I will go into depth with EV's etc.)

1 - Pangoro
2 - Druddigon
3 - Hydreigon
4 - Clawitizer
5 - Tyrantrum
6 - Chansey

Well, then let's just look at your team's weakness for now:

Pangoro: weak to fight, flying and fairy (x4)
Druddigon: weak to ice, dragon and fairy
Hydreigon: weak to dragon, ice, fairy (x4), fight and bug
Clawitizer: weak to eletric and grass
Tyrantrum: weak to dragon, ice, fairy, fight and ground
Chansey: weak to fight

As you can see, your current team has a HUGE weakness to fairy and fight, as well as a minor weakness to dragon and ice, i highly suggest you to at least change those dragons for something else, here some suggestions:

Aegislash: it doesn't take damage from fight as it is part ghost and it resists fairy, dragon and ice, keep in mind it is weak to ground like Tyrantrum.
Tentacruel: it resits fairy, fight and ice as it's water / poison, keep in mind it is weak to eletric, like Clawitizer.
Chandelure: it doesn't take damage from fight as it is part ghost and it resists fairy and ice, keep in mind it is weak to ground like Tyrantrum.
Volcarona: it resists ice, fairy and fight as it is fire / bug, however it has a x4 weakness to rock.

Types that resists:
Fairy - fire, poison and steel
Fight - poison, flying, psychc, bug and fairy, ghost doesn't take damage from fight
Dragon - steel, fairy doesn't take damage from dragon
Ice - fire, water, ice and steel.

Hope it helps!

Celwinn

Well, then let's just look at your team's weakness for now:

Pangoro: weak to fight, flying and fairy (x4)
Druddigon: weak to ice, dragon and fairy
Hydreigon: weak to dragon, ice, fairy (x4), fight and bug
Clawitizer: weak to eletric and grass
Tyrantrum: weak to dragon, ice, fairy, fight and ground
Chansey: weak to fight

As you can see, your current team has a HUGE weakness to fairy and fight, as well as a minor weakness to dragon and ice, i highly suggest you to at least change those dragons for something else, here some suggestions:

Aegislash: it doesn't take damage from fight as it is part ghost and it resists fairy, dragon and ice, keep in mind it is weak to ground like Tyrantrum.
Tentacruel: it resits fairy, fight and ice as it's water / poison, keep in mind it is weak to eletric, like Clawitizer.
Chandelure: it doesn't take damage from fight as it is part ghost and it resists fairy and ice, keep in mind it is weak to ground like Tyrantrum.
Volcarona: it resists ice, fairy and fight as it is fire / bug, however it has a x4 weakness to rock.

Types that resists:
Fairy - fire, poison and steel
Fight - poison, flying, psychc, bug and fairy, ghost doesn't take damage from fight
Dragon - steel, fairy doesn't take damage from dragon
Ice - fire, water, ice and steel.

Hope it helps!

That indeed does help. Thank you :)

Reading more, I think I just randomly put a team together, hoping it would work. Guess back to the drawing board.

I am kinda thinking about:

Charizard - Mega Y
Venusuar
Garchomp
Starmie
Bisharp
Terrakion

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
That indeed does help. Thank you :)

Reading more, I think I just randomly put a team together, hoping it would work. Guess back to the drawing board.

I am kinda thinking about:

Charizard - Mega Y
Venusuar
Garchomp
Starmie
Bisharp
Terrakion

Glad to be able to help, like last time, let's take a look at your team's weakness:

Mega Charizard Y: "weak" to water, weak to eletric and rock (x4)
Venusaur: weak to fire, ice, flying and psychc
Garchomp: weak to dragon, fairy and ice (x4)
Starmie: weak to eletric, grass, bug, ghost and dark
Bisharp: weak to fire, ground and fight (x4)
Terrakion: weak to water, grass, fight, ground, psychc, steel and fairy

This team is much more balanced than the last, while there are a handful of shared weakness, this time your team can cover those weakness, for example:
Both Charizard and Terrakion are weak to water but you can switch to Venusaur and Starmie.
Both Charizard and Starmie are weak to eletric but you can switch to Garchomp and Venusaur.
Both Venusaur and Bisharp are weak to fire but you can switch to Garchomp, Terrakion and Starmie.

For reference, all of your team's shared weakness are: water, eletric, fire, ice, psychc, fairy, grass, ground and fight.
It is still not perfect but it is much better, next step would be to polish it a bit.

Hope it helped!

Celwinn

Glad to be able to help, like last time, let's take a look at your team's weakness:

Mega Charizard Y: "weak" to water, weak to eletric and rock (x4)
Venusaur: weak to fire, ice, flying and psychc
Garchomp: weak to dragon, fairy and ice (x4)
Starmie: weak to eletric, grass, bug, ghost and dark
Bisharp: weak to fire, ground and fight (x4)
Terrakion: weak to water, grass, fight, ground, psychc, steel and fairy

This team is much more balanced than the last, while there are a handful of shared weakness, this time your team can cover those weakness, for example:
Both Charizard and Terrakion are weak to water but you can switch to Venusaur and Starmie.
Both Charizard and Starmie are weak to eletric but you can switch to Garchomp and Venusaur.
Both Venusaur and Bisharp are weak to fire but you can switch to Garchomp, Terrakion and Starmie.

For reference, all of your team's shared weakness are: water, eletric, fire, ice, psychc, fairy, grass, ground and fight.
It is still not perfect but it is much better, next step would be to polish it a bit.

Hope it helped!

This is indeed helpful :)

I am working on a few different movesets with this team, but I thinking of perhaps switching Bisharp for a different Pokemon. Any suggestions?

JohnBurgundy

Competing in my first VGC tournament!!!

I will be competing in a tournament this weekend with VGC 15 doubles rules. I have never competed before and I am frantically trying to get my team all planned out and bred by Friday night. So far I have this:

Clefable - Magic Guard
Sitrus Berry
Bold
252HP/ 56Def/ 200SAtt
-Follow Me
-Dazzling Gleam/Moon Blast
-Ice Beam
-Protect/Minimize

This is basically one of the key elements to my team. I plan to use Follow Me to either get someone set up, or try to knock out huge threats to another member of my team. I was thinking about going for a Rage Powder Amoongus, but I liked Clefable's movepool better. Amoongus also gets murdered by Talonflame. The idea is to keep redirecting attacks. I have Ice Beam with SAtt investment to take down Salamence assuming it survives a Double Edge. I also need it to be able to take out Landorus or Garchomp. I know Clefairy is likely to get Taunted, most likely by Sableye or Thundurus, so anytime I see them they will get hit with either Dazzling Gleam/Moon Blast or Ice Beam for a lot of damage. The last move slot was going to go to Minimize, because that would keep it in there longer for Follow Me, but I think Protect works better. Once they see the plan, they will probably focus fire on Clefable to get rid of it, so I might get a free turn out of it.

Kangaskhan - Scrappy/Parental Bond
Kangaskhanite
Adamant
4HP/ 252Att/ 252 Speed
-Fake Out
-Power-Up Punch
-Ice Punch
-Sucker Punch/Earth Quake

I always have to have her on my team. She is just such a monster. Fake Out will buy Clefable some time and usually hits pretty hard. Power-Up Punch gets her set up, and with Follow Me I will have plenty of opportunity. Ice Punch, because it seems that Mega Salamence and Landorus are going to be huge threats. I don't usually carry Ice Punch and usually run both EQ and Sucker Punch. I am leaning towards EQ because I see Quick Guard more than I see Wide Guard, and because it has better coverage and won't fail if they are setting up or running status.

Thundurus - Prankster
Not sure on the item
Modest or Timid
252Satt/ 252Spe/ 4HP
-Thunder Bolt
-Taunt
-Thunder Wave
-???

I was leaning towards Swagger for the last slot. I know people like to run HP Ice, but I don't plan to spend a day resetting the game for the right IVs. Taunt obvisouly stops set up, T Bolt for stab and T Wave for speed control. I kind of want to parafuse everything.

Talonflame - Gale Wings
King's Rock
Adamant
252Att/ 252Spe/ 4HP
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Quick Guard
-Protect/ Swords Dance

I have use King's Rock online, and it has saved me before. Priority flinching is awesome. Of course the 2 STAB coverage moves are necessary. Then I was thinking Protect, just because of the fact that, since it is a big threat, people might focus on it. Or incase of a Rock Slider. I can try to take them out with one of the Ice attacks from the partners. I also think Swords Dance might work because of the Follow Me.

The last 2 slots i haven't figured out yet. Some candidates are:
Rotom-W because it is super hard to kill, can burn and has great STAB coverage.

Ladnorus T- Because of it's Rock Slide potential, and also because this is one of the main threats I was trying to counter.

Serperior- Because of the Contrary Leaf Storm combo and to kill Rotom-W

Garchomp- Because of STAB EQ and strong Dragon Claws. I also run Iron Head on mine, so it deals well with some Fairies.

Bisharp- Powerful Knock Offs and Steel coverage.

Weavile- Because it outspeeds and kills Salamence and I thought of using the Beat Up/Justified combo with Terrakion.

Terrakion- See above.

Also shortly after making this, I started playing around with another candidate.

Cofagrigus - Mummy
Chesto Berry
Calm
252HP/ the rest in defenses
-Rest
-Infestation
-Disable
-Destiny Bond

Other moves that were considered were WoW, Knock Off, Power Split, Substitute, Pain Split, Endure. I opted out of WoW due to the Prankster T Wave I was using and my plans to possibly use Rotom-W. Power Split would have ruined physical attackers, but WoW would have done the same but better. Knock Off would be hilarious, because I would be taking away their item and ability all at once. Ultimately I went with this concept because I can get chip damage with Infestation, while still making conact to give them Mummy. Chesto Resto to continue his annoyance, disable to screw up choiced Pokemon and take away pesky moves. Destiny Bond if I sense the end is near. The only problem is that I don't know how viable he is outside of Trick Room.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
This is indeed helpful :)

I am working on a few different movesets with this team, but I thinking of perhaps switching Bisharp for a different Pokemon. Any suggestions?

Well, there are many pokémon that fits what Bisharp does, you can try Empoleon since it has Defiant and priority, other steels like Aegislash, mega Mawile or Lucario as a steel for fairy killing or you can try pokémon like Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Gengar or Dralgage, as a poison for fairy killing. Need to look carefully at each one and see which fits better your team's needs.

Hope it helps!

I will be competing in a tournament this weekend with VGC 15 doubles rules. I have never competed before and I am frantically trying to get my team all planned out and bred by Friday night. So far I have this:

Clefable - Magic Guard
Sitrus Berry
Bold
252HP/ 56Def/ 200SAtt
-Follow Me
-Dazzling Gleam/Moon Blast
-Ice Beam
-Protect/Minimize

This is basically one of the key elements to my team. I plan to use Follow Me to either get someone set up, or try to knock out huge threats to another member of my team. I was thinking about going for a Rage Powder Amoongus, but I liked Clefable's movepool better. Amoongus also gets murdered by Talonflame. The idea is to keep redirecting attacks. I have Ice Beam with SAtt investment to take down Salamence assuming it survives a Double Edge. I also need it to be able to take out Landorus or Garchomp. I know Clefairy is likely to get Taunted, most likely by Sableye or Thundurus, so anytime I see them they will get hit with either Dazzling Gleam/Moon Blast or Ice Beam for a lot of damage. The last move slot was going to go to Minimize, because that would keep it in there longer for Follow Me, but I think Protect works better. Once they see the plan, they will probably focus fire on Clefable to get rid of it, so I might get a free turn out of it.

Kangaskhan - Scrappy/Parental Bond
Kangaskhanite
Adamant
4HP/ 252Att/ 252 Speed
-Fake Out
-Power-Up Punch
-Ice Punch
-Sucker Punch/Earth Quake

I always have to have her on my team. She is just such a monster. Fake Out will buy Clefable some time and usually hits pretty hard. Power-Up Punch gets her set up, and with Follow Me I will have plenty of opportunity. Ice Punch, because it seems that Mega Salamence and Landorus are going to be huge threats. I don't usually carry Ice Punch and usually run both EQ and Sucker Punch. I am leaning towards EQ because I see Quick Guard more than I see Wide Guard, and because it has better coverage and won't fail if they are setting up or running status.

Thundurus - Prankster
Not sure on the item
Modest or Timid
252Satt/ 252Spe/ 4HP
-Thunder Bolt
-Taunt
-Thunder Wave
-???

I was leaning towards Swagger for the last slot. I know people like to run HP Ice, but I don't plan to spend a day resetting the game for the right IVs. Taunt obvisouly stops set up, T Bolt for stab and T Wave for speed control. I kind of want to parafuse everything.

Talonflame - Gale Wings
King's Rock
Adamant
252Att/ 252Spe/ 4HP
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Quick Guard
-Protect/ Swords Dance

I have use King's Rock online, and it has saved me before. Priority flinching is awesome. Of course the 2 STAB coverage moves are necessary. Then I was thinking Protect, just because of the fact that, since it is a big threat, people might focus on it. Or incase of a Rock Slider. I can try to take them out with one of the Ice attacks from the partners. I also think Swords Dance might work because of the Follow Me.

The last 2 slots i haven't figured out yet. Some candidates are:
Rotom-W because it is super hard to kill, can burn and has great STAB coverage.

Ladnorus T- Because of it's Rock Slide potential, and also because this is one of the main threats I was trying to counter.

Serperior- Because of the Contrary Leaf Storm combo and to kill Rotom-W

Garchomp- Because of STAB EQ and strong Dragon Claws. I also run Iron Head on mine, so it deals well with some Fairies.

Bisharp- Powerful Knock Offs and Steel coverage.

Weavile- Because it outspeeds and kills Salamence and I thought of using the Beat Up/Justified combo with Terrakion.

Terrakion- See above.

Also shortly after making this, I started playing around with another candidate.

Cofagrigus - Mummy
Chesto Berry
Calm
252HP/ the rest in defenses
-Rest
-Infestation
-Disable
-Destiny Bond

Other moves that were considered were WoW, Knock Off, Power Split, Substitute, Pain Split, Endure. I opted out of WoW due to the Prankster T Wave I was using and my plans to possibly use Rotom-W. Power Split would have ruined physical attackers, but WoW would have done the same but better. Knock Off would be hilarious, because I would be taking away their item and ability all at once. Ultimately I went with this concept because I can get chip damage with Infestation, while still making conact to give them Mummy. Chesto Resto to continue his annoyance, disable to screw up choiced Pokemon and take away pesky moves. Destiny Bond if I sense the end is near. The only problem is that I don't know how viable he is outside of Trick Room.

Sorry by the time i posted I didn't see your post, anyway.

First thing I see in your team is two pokémon weak to rock, so I highly suggest something that resists rock: fight, ground or steel. Aegislash totally fits your team as it doesn't have any shared weakness with your team and resists rock.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Stance Change
Modest or Quiet
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute / Shadow Sneak
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SP ATK / 4 SP DEF

Going special so Will-o-Wisp won't kill your day, you can run Modest or Quiet, if you use Shadow Sneak then you need to go Quiet so you won't sacrifice your DEF / SP DEF. 4 EV into SP DEF so Download pokémon won't get a SP ATK bonus against your Aegislash. Flash Cannon and Shadow Ball are your standard STABs.

Garchomp also comes to mind as it resists rock but it have one shared weakness with the four pokémon you have already, which is ice with Zapdos.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Rough Skin
Jolly
- Protect
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

Other option: going special or mixed.
Focus Sash is there to make sure you can survive one hit and punish anyone who stays on the field. The moves are your reliable STABs plus Rock Slide to punish pokémon like Talonflame or Togekiss.

With Aegislash, your current team weakness are:
Clefable: poison and steel
Kangaskhan: fight
Thundurus: ice and rock
Talonflame: rock (x4), water and eletric
Aegislash: fire, ground, ghost and dark

Speaking of your team, may I suggest Flamethrower for your Talonflame in place of Flare Blitz? You already have Brave Bird to eat your own HP and Flamethrower allows you to keep offensive momentum after Intimidate, Overheat also works. Naive would be the nature of choice here.
For Thundurus, Swagger works well. Heal Block can catch people off their guards and seal your victory.

As for the last pokémon, Rotom Wash fits pretty much perfectly, it is only weak to grass and ground, but Levitate saves you, no other pokémon in your team is weak to grass. There are many choices for Rotom Wash sets:

Rotom Wash @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-o-Wisp / Swagger / Thunder Wave
- Trick
EVs: 252 SP ATK / 4 SP DEF / 252 SPD

Other options: Pain Split and Foul Play.
Choice Scarf and Trick is a pretty evil combo, it breaks support pokémon raelly nicely, just be careful with switches into megas. Thunderbolt or Volt Switch as your main STAB and Hydro Pump as secondary STAB. There are three different status, Will-o-Wisp being the most famous one, Swagger and Thunder Wave are fun too. You can run without a choice item, though, like Leftovers.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:

saturnbubbles

Hello community, first of all, I'm new in competitive and I'm training only Pkmn that I like. I'll set the team later.

Slowbro
Item: Slowbronite
Ability: Own Tempo.
Nature: Modest.
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 128 Special Defense, 128 Defense.
31 IVS: HP, Defense, Special Defense.

Moveset:
Psychic
Surf
Blizzard
Amnesia

Dewgong
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat.
Nature: Sassy.
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpA.
31 IVs: Attack, Special Attack, Defense, Special Defense, HP.

Moveset:
Ice beam
Rest
Sleep talk
Signal beam / Surf

Poliwhirl (future Politoed)
Item: Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim (HA)
EVs: 252 Special Defense, 130 Special Attack, 126 Defense.
31 IVs: HP, Defense, Special Attack, Speed.

Moveset:
Encore
Hydro pump
Mud bomb
Mind reader / Ice beam / Blizzard

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
Hello community, first of all, I'm new in competitive and I'm training only Pkmn that I like. I'll set the team later.

Slowbro
Item: Slowbronite
Ability: Own Tempo.
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 128 Special Defense, 128 Defense.
31 IVS: HP, Defense, Special Defense.

Moveset:
Psychic
Surf
Blizzard
Amnesia

Dewgong
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat.
Nature: Sassy.
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpA.
31 IVs: Attack, Special Attack, Defense, Special Defense, HP.

Moveset:
Ice beam
Rest
Sleep talk
Signal beam / Surf

Poliwhirl (future Politoed)
Item: Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim (HA)
EVs: 252 Special Defense, 130 Special Attack, 126 Defense.
31 IVs: HP, Defense, Special Attack, Speed.

Moveset:
Encore
Hydro pump
Mud bomb
Mind reader / Ice beam / Blizzard

Okay, since you are new to competitive I have to ask: what kind of format are you going to play? Singles? Doubles? Triples? Rotation? Going to play at Nintendo's Wi-Fi matches or at Showdown? Sorry if it may sound rude but it is good to give such general info. Anyway to your team:

You have 3 water pokémon, while you may like water pokémon, having too many of the same type can be a burden since they share similar weakness, for example: both Slowbro, Politoed and Dewgong are weak to grass and eletric, you may want to change them around a bit, if you want to keep having 3 water pokémon then I suggest dual waters like Kingdra and Swampert since their dual type cover some of their weakness.
Hope it helped.

Deltadromeus

I'm not new to the battling scene, but I would like an outside opinion on this team I have.

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified/Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

Gallade is my mega, of course. He is THE Mega Kang check, not only because Close Combat KO's Kang, but Inner Focus prevents the all too common Fake Out. NEVER use Fake Out on a Mega Gallade. The EV's and nature are self explanitory

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Scald
- Recover

Milotic is my backbone tank, and I her job is to punish Intimidate users, especially Salamence, who, even in it's Mega form, is OKOHed by a +2 Ice Beam. The EV's can survive an Adamant Mega Salamence Double Edge 100% of the time, and a Jolly Mega Kangaskhan 100% of the time, while at the same time maximizing it's special bulk.

Serperior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Mirror Coat
- Protect

Contrary Serperior. Not much needs to be said. Mirror Coat is used to destroy any Heat Wave/Hyper Voice users.

Meowstic (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 200 HP / 200 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Quick Guard
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Protect

I'll be honest, I don't like Meowstic. I know that Quick Guard is useful against Talonflame, but I have Tyranitar for that, so, I'd like some help with this. Or, if it really fits, then could you suggest a moveset/EVs?

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor

Noivern is my source of raw damage and sheer speed. There isn't much that I can explain. Boomburst+Life Orb is awesome damage, and Draco Meteor is for a single last ditch burst attack.

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar is a bit of tankyness, a bit of support, and lots of damage. Tyranitar is tanky enough to survive a Super Effective hit, especially with sand up, and once Weakness Policy is activated, Rock Slide and Crunsh will do a ton of damage.

I would love to hear some feedback on what I could be doing better. I will be using this for Battle Spot Doubles in the Ranked Wi-Fi, and I have seen some good success on Showdown, but I know that Wi-Fi and Showdown are two completely different entities.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer
I'm not new to the battling scene, but I would like an outside opinion on this team I have.

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified/Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

Gallade is my mega, of course. He is THE Mega Kang check, not only because Close Combat KO's Kang, but Inner Focus prevents the all too common Fake Out. NEVER use Fake Out on a Mega Gallade. The EV's and nature are self explanitory

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Scald
- Recover

Milotic is my backbone tank, and I her job is to punish Intimidate users, especially Salamence, who, even in it's Mega form, is OKOHed by a +2 Ice Beam. The EV's can survive an Adamant Mega Salamence Double Edge 100% of the time, and a Jolly Mega Kangaskhan 100% of the time, while at the same time maximizing it's special bulk.

Serperior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Mirror Coat
- Protect

Contrary Serperior. Not much needs to be said. Mirror Coat is used to destroy any Heat Wave/Hyper Voice users.

Meowstic (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 200 HP / 200 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Quick Guard
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Protect

I'll be honest, I don't like Meowstic. I know that Quick Guard is useful against Talonflame, but I have Tyranitar for that, so, I'd like some help with this. Or, if it really fits, then could you suggest a moveset/EVs?

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor

Noivern is my source of raw damage and sheer speed. There isn't much that I can explain. Boomburst+Life Orb is awesome damage, and Draco Meteor is for a single last ditch burst attack.

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar is a bit of tankyness, a bit of support, and lots of damage. Tyranitar is tanky enough to survive a Super Effective hit, especially with sand up, and once Weakness Policy is activated, Rock Slide and Crunsh will do a ton of damage.

I would love to hear some feedback on what I could be doing better. I will be using this for Battle Spot Doubles in the Ranked Wi-Fi, and I have seen some good success on Showdown, but I know that Wi-Fi and Showdown are two completely different entities.

Well, the first thing I saw on your team is how the Meowstic has a handful of shared weakness with others pokémon: bug, dark and ghost. There are many options for a Quick Guard user so you can easily replace it, pokémon like Talonflame, Ambipom, Infernape, Scizor and more learns it.
On the weaknesses note, you have two pokémon weak to ice (Serperior and Noivern) so Ice Shard can give you some grieve but your team does have some ways to deal with Ice Shard users, more importantly, your team have three pokémon weak to fairy (Gallade, Tyranitar, Noivern), nobody that rests it and no one with a move to deal with fairies, perhaps you should consider teaching your Tyranitar Iron Head or replacing Noivern/Meowstic for a pokémon that helps against fairies, Mega Gardevoir can 1H Tyranitar through the sandstorm with Focus Blast with a Timid nature, for example: 232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 412-488 (101.9 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Other fairies like Mega Altaria and Sylveon will also give you some trouble, so I believe it's a good idea to pack at least one move to deal with them, at least, without it you would have to gang on the opponent's fairy and targeting the same opponent with two pokémon is always a good Protect bait. Relying only on Mirror Coat is rather risky, in my opinion.
Another option you can consider, as a general idea, is Dragon Dance for your Tyranitar, I run Weakness Policy Dragonite with Dragon Dance and it's a true force to be reckon with, +3 ATK +1 SPD is nothing to laugh at, but for doubles Thunder Wave might be more useful indeed.

If you still want to replace Meowstic and keep Quick Guard then I recommend Scizor:

Scizor @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
Adamant nature
- Quick Guard
- Bullet Punch / Iron Head
- U-Turn / Knock Off / Pursuit
- Tailwind / Sword Dance / Iron Head / Superpower

Kinda of a classic Scizor set here, if you think Quick Guard isn't so important you can replace it with the other moves anytime, Scizor resists the dread fairies but is weak to fire, like your Serperior, so keep that in mind.
Bullet Punch is for priority and picking on weakened foes while Iron Head is stronger (Bullet Punch is 90 Base Power while Iron Head is 120 Base Power), U-Turn, Knock Off and Pursuit all offers different support options, U-Turn for scouting, Knock Off to remove items and Pursuit to trap enemies. In the last slot we have Tailwind, everyone who isn't in a Trick Room team enjoys Tailwind so it's a valid option, there is also Sword Dance to boost that Bullet Punch's or Iron Head's power, if nothing fits your tastes there is also Superpower, it breaks Heatran, Terrakion and more but it does forces you to switch out after, so use it sparely.

Hope it helps.

NiteMareRose

Hi Guys,

looking for some help to finish building my team,

Im looking for more feminine and mixes well with the other 4 that i have on my team, preferably no legendaries

if you have any suggestions with my sets on the below pokemon i would love to hear them too

Current Team

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Facade

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Protect
- Magical Leaf
- Sludge Bomb

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

SATB

Hi Guys,

looking for some help to finish building my team,

Im looking for more feminine and mixes well with the other 4 that i have on my team, preferably no legendaries

if you have any suggestions with my sets on the below pokemon i would love to hear them too

Current Team

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Facade

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Protect
- Magical Leaf
- Sludge Bomb

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

Well the other feminine pokemon available would be Mawile, Kangaskhan, Jynx, Gothitelle, Mismagius, Nidoqueen and maybe Glaceon. Mawile won't be of any use outside of its mega. Kangaskhan is lackluster without its mega. Jynx won't provide any defensive synergy. Gothitelle can trap some annoying pokemon such as Chansey. Mismagius although it is outclassed by gengar, it fits in with your theme and provides important ground / normal / poison type resistances that none of your team resists so far. Nidoqueen is a decent idea but you already have Gardevoir and Roserade doing its job. Glaceon is pretty bad..

So I would recommend Gothitelle and Mismagius. Perhaps a choice set for the former and a set with heal bell for the latter. I've tried making a team like that and its fun.

Btw your Lopunny has Ice Beam... do you mean Ice Punch?

Ok so my team building problem is that I'm making a VGC gravity team, and right now, I have Sableye, Luxray, Gengar(Mega), Milotic, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. First and last pokemon are my gravity setter, Gengar and Milotic can spam perfect accuracy Hypnosis. Heatran gets rid of fires, fairies, and steels. Luxray and ferrothorn are my bulky water killers / Physical attacker / Physical Wall.

It looks like I'm well defended from Talonflame (I am, right?), but I still have trouble with it. Any idea who to replace? An ideal candidate would be someone that can deal with waters, is a physical attacker, and can deal with Talonflame. Doesn't have to be all three, but that would be awesome.

NiteMareRose

Well the other feminine pokemon available would be Mawile, Kangaskhan, Jynx, Gothitelle, Mismagius, Nidoqueen and maybe Glaceon. Mawile won't be of any use outside of its mega. Kangaskhan is lackluster without its mega. Jynx won't provide any defensive synergy. Gothitelle can trap some annoying pokemon such as Chansey. Mismagius although it is outclassed by gengar, it fits in with your theme and provides important ground / normal / poison type resistances that none of your team resists so far. Nidoqueen is a decent idea but you already have Gardevoir and Roserade doing its job. Glaceon is pretty bad..

So I would recommend Gothitelle and Mismagius. Perhaps a choice set for the former and a set with heal bell for the latter. I've tried making a team like that and its fun.

Btw your Lopunny has Ice Beam... do you mean Ice Punch?

Ok so my team building problem is that I'm making a VGC gravity team, and right now, I have Sableye, Luxray, Gengar(Mega), Milotic, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. First and last pokemon are my gravity setter, Gengar and Milotic can spam perfect accuracy Hypnosis. Heatran gets rid of fires, fairies, and steels. Luxray and ferrothorn are my bulky water killers / Physical attacker / Physical Wall.

It looks like I'm well defended from Talonflame (I am, right?), but I still have trouble with it. Any idea who to replace? An ideal candidate would be someone that can deal with waters, is a physical attacker, and can deal with Talonflame. Doesn't have to be all three, but that would be awesome.

Thank you for your advice. Yea I meant ice punch hahaha typo.

Hmm something that can deal with talon flame but can also deal with water.

Something to counter talonflame is slowbro. But it doesn't help with water types.

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Nothing comes to mind for a counter to talonflame and water but a quick guard user is also a great counter for brave bird spammers.

Sorry to not be much help but thank you for your help with me