• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

I was about to start competitive battling with this team in Omega Ruby and was wanting to know if this set was good or if there was any room for improvement.

Swampert@ Swampertite
Torrent/Relaxed
252 HP/160 At/94 Def
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Ice Punch

I think this is a good physical attacker who can also tank and set up Stealth Rock if it needs to. The moves I gave it cover a lot of ground and Ice Punch is in there for its grass weakness.

Goodra@Assault Vest
Sap Sipper/Modest
252 SpA/252 Speed
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Muddy Water

My special attacking dragon that has a lot of of coverage for attacks and can take great advantage of its high special defense stat with the assault vest.

Infernape@Life Orb
Blaze/Jolly
252 At/252 Speed
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Earthquake
Grass Knot

A strong physical attacker that is all attack and all speed, a bit of a glass cannon. Flare Blitz and Close Combat are its main attacking moves while Earthquake and Grass Knot are for coverage.

Metagross@Choice Band
Clear Body/Adamant
252 HP/252 At
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt
Hammer Arm

My choice-bander. Metagross hits like a truck because of the maxed attack and adamant nature and choice band. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are the preferred attacks. Bullet Punch is there so I can switch in and get a revenge kill with priority, and Hammer Arm rounds out the set with coverage to other steel-types. The speed drop doesn't really bother me because I didn't make Metagross fast to begin with

Zoroark@Focus Sash
Illusion/Timid
252 SpA/252 Speed
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

I would want to try to take advantage of this by making people believe it is a Nasty Plot Infernape and attack accordingly, only revealing the move Dark Pulse once the illusion has been shattered or if I'm sure I can get a K.O. I wouldn't be able to get with its other moves. With its great speed and Nasty Plot, it should be a potent special attacker.

Milotic@Leftovers
Marvel Scale/Bold
252 HP/172 Def/80 SpA
Scald
Ice Beam
Mirror Coat
Recover

A wall. Plain and Simple. I gave it max Attack and plenty of Defense Evs with some SpA Evs thrown in also. Scald is for STAB an the burn status it can give. Ice Beam is for more coverage. Mirror Coat can take advantage of Milotic's great special defense and absorb attacks before sending them out at double damage. Recover is of course to heal up when needed.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
I was about to start competitive battling with this team in Omega Ruby and was wanting to know if this set was good or if there was any room for improvement.

Swampert@ Swampertite
Torrent/Relaxed
252 HP/160 At/94 Def
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Ice Punch

I think this is a good physical attacker who can also tank and set up Stealth Rock if it needs to. The moves I gave it cover a lot of ground and Ice Punch is in there for its grass weakness.

Goodra@Assault Vest
Sap Sipper/Modest
252 SpA/252 Speed
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Muddy Water

My special attacking dragon that has a lot of of coverage for attacks and can take great advantage of its high special defense stat with the assault vest.

Infernape@Life Orb
Blaze/Jolly
252 At/252 Speed
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Earthquake
Grass Knot

A strong physical attacker that is all attack and all speed, a bit of a glass cannon. Flare Blitz and Close Combat are its main attacking moves while Earthquake and Grass Knot are for coverage.

Metagross@Choice Band
Clear Body/Adamant
252 HP/252 At
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt
Hammer Arm

My choice-bander. Metagross hits like a truck because of the maxed attack and adamant nature and choice band. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are the preferred attacks. Bullet Punch is there so I can switch in and get a revenge kill with priority, and Hammer Arm rounds out the set with coverage to other steel-types. The speed drop doesn't really bother me because I didn't make Metagross fast to begin with

Zoroark@Focus Sash
Illusion/Timid
252 SpA/252 Speed
Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

I would want to try to take advantage of this by making people believe it is a Nasty Plot Infernape and attack accordingly, only revealing the move Dark Pulse once the illusion has been shattered or if I'm sure I can get a K.O. I wouldn't be able to get with its other moves. With its great speed and Nasty Plot, it should be a potent special attacker.

Milotic@Leftovers
Marvel Scale/Bold
252 HP/172 Def/80 SpA
Scald
Ice Beam
Mirror Coat
Recover

A wall. Plain and Simple. I gave it max Attack and plenty of Defense Evs with some SpA Evs thrown in also. Scald is for STAB an the burn status it can give. Ice Beam is for more coverage. Mirror Coat can take advantage of Milotic's great special defense and absorb attacks before sending them out at double damage. Recover is of course to heal up when needed.

There's really no point in running swampert outside of rain unless you use curse, but thats generally a bad set. You could add rain or simply use another mega like mega metagross.

Seeing that your team lacks hazzard control, id use Latios or Latias over Goodra. Latias can provide healing wish and defog support along with draco meteor, but i generally prefer Latios because of the huge difference in power.

I'm guessing infernape is there as a wallbreaker, so id recommend using sonething like Lucario to do so. Swords Dance Lucario with Close Combat, Crunch, and Bullet Punch can break through alot of things, specifically pokemon that can punish Lati@s such as Tyranitar, Bisharp, and Weavile.

Not really a fan of bandgross, like i said before, this could be your mega. Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch,and Zen Headbutt hit alot of things, while Hammer arm or grass knot can be used to beat steels / bulky ground and water respectively. You can also drop the bullet punch for better coverage.

That being said, you could try to replace swampert with mamoswine, who can set up rocks and hit most of the tier with icicle crash and earthquake.

I dont know how much impact sludge bomb will have on zoroark, but honestly this is its only change of being viable in ou, so id get my hands on a good wvent zoroark so i can run sludge bomb to beat faries. Also you might wanna try life orb, as you can probably take a resisted ghost or dark attack by hiding as latias, and then spam dark pulse for a ton of damage.

finally id just run rotom, as its a more reliable water type in ou than milotic, while giving you something to actually beat things like talonflame.being able to actually spreadburns rather than flipping coins with scald is alot more reliable.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Crunch

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor / Icicle Crash

Zoroark @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

There are alot of better changes i could offer but considering this is an in game team, telling you to run something like keldeo is probably dumb

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what I can improve on with this team?

Heatran
Flash Fire
Nature: Lax
Item: Need suggestion
EV's: 252 Def, 252 Sp Def, 4 HP
- Flamethrower
- Will o' Wisp
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Pinsir
Mold Breaker -> Aerialate
Nature: Jolly
Item: Pinsirite
EV's: 252 Atk, 4 Sp Def, 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Cofagrigus
Mummy
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Def, 252 Sp Def,
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Nasty Plot/Will o' Wisp (Which one would be better)

Drapion
Battle Armor
Nature: Adamant/Careful/Impish (Which one would be good?)
Item: Black Sludge
EV's: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spd
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Cross Poison

Milotic
Marvel Scale
Nature: Modest
Item: Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP, 4 Sp Atk, 252 Sp Def
- Surf
- Refresh
- Recover
- Ice Beam/Dragon Tail (Which one should I go with?)

Haxorus
Mold Breaker
Nature: Adamant
Item: Lum Berry
EV's: 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Can someone tell me what I can improve on with this team?

Heatran
Flash Fire
Nature: Lax
EV's: 252 Def, 252 Sp Def, 4 HP
- Flamethrower
- Will o' Wisp
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Pinsir
Mold Breaker -> Aerialate
Nature: Jolly
Item: Pinsirite
EV's: 252 Atk, 4 Sp Def, 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Cofagrigus
Mummy
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: 4 HP, 252 Def, 252 Sp Def,
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Nasty Plot/Will o' Wisp (Which one would be better)

Drapion
Battle Armor
Nature: Adamant/Careful/Impish (Which one would be good?)
Item: Black Sludge
EV's: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spd
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Cross Poison

Milotic
Marvel Scale
Nature: Modest
Item: Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP, 4 Sp Atk, 252 Sp Def
- Surf
- Refresh
- Recover
- Ice Beam/Dragon Tail (Which one should I go with?)

Haxorus
Mold Breaker
Item: Lum Berry
EV's: 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
Get a different nature for Heatran. Lax reduces Defense to raise Special Defense.

Also, what format is this for?

Get a different nature for Heatran. Lax reduces Defense to raise Special Defense.

Also, what format is this for?

Singles .

Last edited:

Young_Simba

Can someone give me advice on this team:

Ninjask @ White Herb | Speed Boost
Impish | 252 Defense 252 Speed 4 Special Defense
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- X Scissor

Gallade @ Lum berry | Steadfast
Jolly | 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Metagross @ Light Clay | Clear Body
Bold | 252 HP 252 Special Defense 4 Attack
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Bullet Punch
- Psychic

Hydeigon @ Life Orb | Levitate
Timid | 252 Speed 252 Special Attack 4 HP
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

Volcarona @ ??? | Flame Body
Gentle | 252 Speed 252 Special Defense 4 HP
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Silver Wind
- Hurricane

Jellicent @ Leftovers | Cursed Body
Impish | 252 Special Defense 252 HP 4 Special Attack
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Protect
- Hex

I don't know what to put for Volcarona as an item, and should I put a focus sash on Ninjask? Or is it capable of taking at least one hit. The plan is to use one swords dance, one protect and then baton pass it to Gallade. Also this would be for gen 5.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Singles .
Which Singles? This is important.

Can someone give me advice on this team:

Ninjask @ White Herb | Speed Boost
Impish | 252 Defense 252 Speed 4 Special Defense
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- X Scissor

Gallade @ Lum berry | Steadfast
Jolly | 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Metagross @ Light Clay | Clear Body
Bold | 252 HP 252 Special Defense 4 Attack
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Bullet Punch
- Psychic

Hydeigon @ Life Orb | Levitate
Timid | 252 Speed 252 Special Attack 4 HP
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

Volcarona @ ??? | Flame Body
Gentle | 252 Speed 252 Special Defense 4 HP
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Silver Wind
- Hurricane

Jellicent @ Leftovers | Cursed Body
Impish | 252 Special Defense 252 HP 4 Special Attack
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic
- Protect
- Hex

I don't know what to put for Volcarona as an item, and should I put a focus sash on Ninjask? Or is it capable of taking at least one hit. The plan is to use one swords dance, one protect and then baton pass it to Gallade. Also this would be for gen 5.
What do you think?
Gallade and Ninjask are bad, that's a huge waste of a Metagross, Volcarona's nature is bad (and Silver Wind is bad), and Jellicent wants Recover and Scald.

Which Singles? This is important.

Casual singles with a friend who's also heavily into competitive battling as well as the Battle Maison.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Still need to know if its 3v3 or 6v6. Also is it casual or competitive? Because it can't be both.

Hey, so I'm trying to go to a Regionals tournament sometime next month, and I want to at least be able to survive a few rounds. Last time I competed with an in-game team, and I was crushed.
The format is Double battles, GS Cup, so up to two major legendaries are permitted per team. My team isn't complete, and again, I'm not looking for perfection, just something to have fun with and be able to compete.

Soooo....

It's team that works best in rain. Earthquake aplenty for Primal Groudon appearance, which would otherwise cripple the team. Also good for countering Electric types.

Mega Swampert :Swampertite
Torrent (Swift Swim)
Nature that lowers Sp.Attack
EVs: (Need Suggestions)
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail/Waterfall
-Strength/Hammer Arm/Stone Edge/Ice Punch
-Protect

Tank and only Mega (for now?). Dishes out physical attacks quickly and can take attacks. Depends on Rain Dance/Primordial Sea for ability. Protect for other Earthquake users. Always a part of the line up.

Question: Assuming there are no EVs put into Speed, how many/what Pokemon would Swampert outspeed with Swift Swim and Tailwind activated at the same time?

Goodra : (Need suggestion)
Sap Sipper
(Need Suggestions)
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail
-Dragon Claw
-Protect

Physical attacker that can take Special hits. Switches in to protect Water types from Grass types and gain an Attack boost.

Whimsicott : (Need suggestion)
Prankster
Nature that lowers Attack
(Need Suggestions)
-Rain Dance
-Protect
-Tailwind
-Hurricane

Support. Comes out first and always goes first, except for Hurricane. Sets up Tailwind for Speed buffs or Rain Dance in case Kyogre isn’t out. Protect from Earthquake. Hurricane to attack with Rain. Always a part of the line up.

Question: Can no Sp. Attack or Speed EVs be invested in this thing? I think only HP and Defences should work.

???:
-Preferably can use Thunder and Protect

I'm hoping for a Special attacker that can have some variety in moves. I'll take any suggestions! :)

Primal Kyogre: :Blue Orb
Primordial Sea
I forget the nature, but I already have it EV trained.
-Origin Pulse
-Water Sprout
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Already set in stone. Can hit two opponents at once with Origin Pulse, or 100% accuracy with Thunder. Can always be out if opponent doesn’t have Groudon/Rayquaza, but will come in later if they have it. Always a part of the line up.

Xerneas: : (Need suggestion)
Fairy Aura
I forget the nature, but it is already EV trained.
-Geomancy/Protect
-Moonblast/Dazzling Gleam
-Horn Leech
-Flash Cannon

Already set in stone. Mixed attacker. Just here for coverage and to keep up in terms of power.

Question: Should Geomancy be replaced with Protect? Also, should Moonblast be replaced for Dazzling Gleam to hit two opponents?

I'd prefer to keep these Pokemon on this team, but I could really use a lot of guidance. Thanks in advance, everyone!

EKZ1505

Hey, so I'm trying to go to a Regionals tournament sometime next month, and I want to at least be able to survive a few rounds. Last time I competed with an in-game team, and I was crushed.
The format is Double battles, GS Cup, so up to two major legendaries are permitted per team. My team isn't complete, and again, I'm not looking for perfection, just something to have fun with and be able to compete.

Soooo....

It's team that works best in rain. Earthquake aplenty for Primal Groudon appearance, which would otherwise cripple the team. Also good for countering Electric types.

Mega Swampert :Swampertite
Torrent (Swift Swim)
EVs: (Need Suggestions)
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail/Waterfall
-Strength/Hammer Arm/Stone Edge/Ice Punch
-Protect

Tank and only Mega (for now?). Dishes out physical attacks quickly and can take attacks. Depends on Rain Dance/Primordial Sea for ability. Protect for other Earthquake users. Always a part of the line up.

Question: Assuming there are no EVs put into Speed, how many/what Pokemon would Swampert outspeed with Swift Swim and Tailwind activated at the same time?

Goodra : (Need suggestion)
Sap Sipper
(Need Suggestions)
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail
-Dragon Claw
-Protect

Physical attacker that can take Special hits. Switches in to protect Water types from Grass types and gain an Attack boost.

Whimsicott : (Need suggestion)
Prankster
Nature that lowers Attack
(Need Suggestions)
-Rain Dance
-Protect
-Tailwind
-Hurricane

Support. Comes out first and always goes first, except for Hurricane. Sets up Tailwind for Speed buffs or Rain Dance in case Kyogre isn’t out. Protect from Earthquake. Hurricane to attack with Rain. Always a part of the line up.

Question: Can no Sp. Attack or Speed EVs be invested in this thing? I think only HP and Defences should work.

???:
-Preferably can use Thunder and Protect

I'm hoping for a Special attacker that can have some variety in moves. I'll take any suggestions! :)

Primal Kyogre: :Blue Orb
Primordial Sea
I forget the nature, but I already have it EV trained.
-Origin Pulse
-Water Sprout
-Thunder
-Ice Beam

Already set in stone. Can hit two opponents at once with Origin Pulse, or 100% accuracy with Thunder. Can always be out if opponent doesn’t have Groudon/Rayquaza, but will come in later if they have it. Always a part of the line up.

Xerneas: : (Need suggestion)
Fairy Aura
I forget the nature, but it is already EV trained.
-Geomancy/Protect
-Moonblast/Dazzling Gleam
-Horn Leech
-Flash Cannon

Already set in stone. Mixed attacker. Just here for coverage and to keep up in terms of power.

Question: Should Geomancy be replaced with Protect? Also, should Moonblast be replaced for Dazzling Gleam to hit two opponents?

I'd prefer to keep these Pokemon on this team, but I could really use a lot of guidance. Thanks in advance, everyone!

I honestly don't know how M-Swampert is in this meta game, especially with P-Groudon around, but definitely try him out. Go Adamant nature, max Atk. He outspeeds a ton of things in the rain even without investment, so you can go max HP if you want, but feel free to add speed if you want to outspeed certain threats, but he can work in TR better without any investment. I prefer Waterfall for accuracy, and Ice Punch is probably the best move for the last slot.

Goodra is not good. You could really use another support Pokemon or something to counter TR.

Whimsicott is best with max HP and Spd and a Timid nature, holding the Focus Sash. You can invest some Def instead of Spd if you really want, as you may only need to outspeed certain other Prankster users. DO NOT RUN RAIN DANCE. It is absolutely worthless with the Primals and M-Ray around. Run Encore or Taunt instead.

A Thundurus with Life Orb might fit with what you are looking for. Max Sp Atk and Spd, with Thunder/Thunderbolt, Role Play (so you can keep Kyogre's weather up), and then 2 of Protect, HP Ice, Grass Knot, T-Wave, and Taunt. Raichu also could be decent. Lightningrod is nice, Thunder/Thunderbolt, and then 3 of Fake Out, Nuzzle, Endeavor, Encore, Protect, HP Ice, or Grass Knot (he also wants the Focus Sash though, especially with Endeavor).

Kyogre needs Protect. You already have water moves on both Swampert and Goodra, and potentially an electric move on Thundurus, so replace Water Spout or Thunder for Protect (your preference. Water Spout can be awesome with Tailwind).

The standard (but amazing, if you get it setup) Xerneas set is 4HP/252SpAtk/252Spd (many people sacrifice some SpAtk for HP and Def to live things like M-Kang's Double-Edge), Timid nature, Power Herb, and Geomancy, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, and Protect. Do not run any physical moves unless you want Rock Slide with a Choice Scarf. There are some other options like HP Ground, but they are generally all inferior.

Hope I could help a little and let me know if you need any help with anything!

Edit: To answer your question, M-Swampert reaches a speed of 360 with both Tailwind and rain up, so he outspeeds any other unboosted Pokemon, as long as he hasn't been Glared, and you aren't in TR or hit with Icy Wind multiple times.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know how M-Swampert is in this meta game, especially with P-Groudon around, but definitely try him out. Go Adamant nature, max Atk. He outspeeds a ton of things in the rain even without investment, so you can go max HP if you want, but feel free to add speed if you want to outspeed certain threats, but he can work in TR better without any investment. I prefer Waterfall for accuracy, and Ice Punch is probably the best move for the last slot.

Goodra is not good. You could really use another support Pokemon or something to counter TR.

Whimsicott is best with max HP and Spd and a Timid nature, holding the Focus Sash. You can invest some Def instead of Spd if you really want, as you may only need to outspeed certain other Prankster users. DO NOT RUN RAIN DANCE. It is absolutely worthless with the Primals and M-Ray around. Run Encore or Taunt instead.

A Thundurus with Life Orb might fit with what you are looking for. Max Sp Atk and Spd, with Thunder/Thunderbolt, Role Play (so you can keep Kyogre's weather up), and then 2 of Protect, HP Ice, Grass Knot, T-Wave, and Taunt. Raichu also could be decent. Lightningrod is nice, Thunder/Thunderbolt, and then 3 of Fake Out, Nuzzle, Endeavor, Encore, Protect, HP Ice, or Grass Knot (he also wants the Focus Sash though, especially with Endeavor).

Kyogre needs Protect. You already have water moves on both Swampert and Goodra, and potentially an electric move on Thundurus, so replace Water Spout or Thunder for Protect (your preference. Water Spout can be awesome with Tailwind).

The standard (but amazing, if you get it setup) Xerneas set is 4HP/252SpAtk/252Spd (many people sacrifice some SpAtk for HP and Def to live things like M-Kang's Double-Edge), Timid nature, Power Herb, and Geomancy, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, and Protect. Do not run any physical moves unless you want Rock Slide with a Choice Scarf. There are some other options like HP Ground, but they are generally all inferior.

Hope I could help a little and let me know if you need any help with anything!

Edit: To answer your question, M-Swampert reaches a speed of 360 with both Tailwind and rain up, so he outspeeds any other unboosted Pokemon, as long as he hasn't been Glared, and you aren't in TR or hit with Icy Wind multiple times.

Alright, just so you know I'm going to try going with:

Thunderus w/ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA. / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Nature
- Thunder
- Role Play
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot

To replace the Goodra entirely.

Giving Whimsicott Taunt instead of Rain Dance.

And for the Trick Room counter:

Sableye w/ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 120 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

As for Xerneas, I think I'm going to take your suggestions on it, but instead of Moonblast keep Flash Cannon for coverage.

Again, thanks for your help! I think this is looking a lot better. I'm going to see if I can run some tests with this on a battle sim before I start breeding and training.

Last edited:

EKZ1505

Alright, just so you know I'm going to try going with:

Thunderus w/ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA. / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Nature
- Thunder
- Role Play
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot

To replace the Goodra entirely.

Giving Whimsicott Taunt instead of Rain Dance.

And for the Trick Room counter:

Sableye w/ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 120 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

As for Xerneas, I think I'm going to take your suggestions on it, but instead of Moonblast keep Flash Cannon for coverage.

Again, thanks for your help! I think this is looking a lot better. I'm going to see if I can run some tests with this on a battle sim before I start breeding and training.

What do Sableye's EVs do? That spread actually wastes 4EVs in both defense stats, so that needs to be fixed. I would consider giving him Mental Herb or running Foul Play (very good with all the strong legends around, and Recover isn't really worth it), because while he is very good (I'm using one now and love it), he is one of the slower Prankster users, so he is very vulnerable to Taunt from faster Pranksters.

There is no reason to be running Flash Cannon over Moonblast:

252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Fairy Aura Xerneas: 111-132 (54.9 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Xerneas Flash Cannon vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 94-112 (46.5 - 55.4%) -- 70.7% chance to 2HKO

What do Sableye's EVs do? That spread actually wastes 4EVs in both defense stats, so that needs to be fixed. I would consider giving him Mental Herb or running Foul Play (very good with all the strong legends around, and Recover isn't really worth it), because while he is very good (I'm using one now and love it), he is one of the slower Prankster users, so he is very vulnerable to Taunt from faster Pranksters.

There is no reason to be running Flash Cannon over Moonblast:

252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Fairy Aura Xerneas: 111-132 (54.9 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Xerneas Flash Cannon vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 94-112 (46.5 - 55.4%) -- 70.7% chance to 2HKO

The Sableye EVs were a goof on my part. It was from a set suggested somewhere and I wasn't thinking. I changed it so its now 236HP/116Def./156SDef. Mental Herb works great, and Foul Play is great for all the Gengar.

You are right; I have never been tempted to use Flash Cannon. Completely useless. Changed that to Moonblast like you said.

In getting to use it, it's not a bad team, but the massive edge Primal Groudon has over everything makes it really tough to use. But when it can work it works wonders. Thanks again for all your help!

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
The Sableye EVs were a goof on my part. It was from a set suggested somewhere and I wasn't thinking. I changed it so its now 236HP/116Def./156SDef. Mental Herb works great, and Foul Play is great for all the Gengar.

You are right; I have never been tempted to use Flash Cannon. Completely useless. Changed that to Moonblast like you said.

In getting to use it, it's not a bad team, but the massive edge Primal Groudon has over everything makes it really tough to use. But when it can work it works wonders. Thanks again for all your help!
If Primal Groudon is that much of an issue, I would strongly recommend rebuilding or even scrapping the team.

EKZ1505

If Primal Groudon is that much of an issue, I would strongly recommend rebuilding or even scrapping the team.

He's got a P-Kyogre with a Thundurus that can reset the rain, plus a M-Swampert that might fare decently well, so if he's having trouble with P-Groudon, it may just be a matter of learning how to use the team better and/or win the weather war. The team itself looks ok with dealing with P-Groudon.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Ok everyone. Here's the team for what I've thinking of...

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Nature: Calm
Ability Strudy
Evs: HP 252/4 Def/252 SpD
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/x
Sticky Web
Toxic
Encore
Stealth Rock
Role: To set the trap such as hazards to cripple the opponent fields.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mole Breaker
Evs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Rapid Spin
Iron Head
Earthquake
Sword Dance
Role: Exadrill uses the rapid spin to eliminate the hazards just in case if they appear on my side of the field

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 32 HP/252 Def/ 224 SpD
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Scald
Toxic
Wish
Protect/Magic Coat/Mirror Coat
Role: To heal the injured pokemon as well as to defend the team.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Nature: Timid
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Speed
Calm Mind
Hyper Voice
Focus Blast
Psyshock
Role: As a special sweeper to take out the defenders and to withstand as well as to take out dragon-type pokemon.

Mew @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/ 154 SpDef/ 104 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Baton Pass
Substitute
Sword Dance/Nasty Plot/Rock Polish
Taunt
Role: To support its team like preventing the opposing pokemon from using the hazards. Not only that, Mew can boost either the physical or special attack power and even speed. And then pass it on to the attacker with the Baton Pass. As much as I like for Mew to learn "Defog", ORAS don't have the tutor that can teach that move. Plus, Mew happened to be my most lovable pokemon. I like Mew a whole lot since the first movie of pokemon,"Mewtwo Strikes Back".

Blaziken @ Air Balloon/Life Orb/Shell Bell
Ability: Speed Boost
Ivs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Protect
Flare Blitz
High Jump Kick/Low Kick
Thunder Punch/ Stone Edge
Role: To sweep away the pokemon and then wins it all.

What do you think? Is there anything that need to be fixed?

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Ok everyone. Here's the team for what I've thinking of...

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Nature: Calm
Ability Strudy
Evs: HP 252/4 Def/252 SpD
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/x
Sticky Web
Toxic
Encore
Stealth Rock
Role: To set the trap such as hazards to cripple the opponent fields.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mole Breaker
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Rapid Spin
Iron Head
Earthquake
Sword Dance
Role: Exadrill uses the rapid spin to eliminate the hazards just in case if they appear on my side of the field

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 32 HP/252 Def/ 224 SpD
Scald
Toxic
Wish
Protect/Magic Coat/Mirror Coat
Role: To heal the injured pokemon as well as to defend the team.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Nature: Timid
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Speed
Calm Mind
Hyper Voice
Focus Blast
Psyshock
Role: As a special sweeper to take out the defenders and to withstand as well as to take out dragon-type pokemon.

Mew @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/ 154 SpDef/ 104 Speed
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Baton Pass
Substitute
Sword Dance/Nasty Plot/Rock Polish
Taunt
Role: To support its team like preventing the opposing pokemon from using the hazards. Not only that, Mew can boost either the physical or special attack power and even speed. And then pass it on to the attacker with the Baton Pass. As much as I like for Mew to learn "Defog", ORAS don't have the tutor that can teach that move. Plus, Mew happened to be my most lovable pokemon. I like Mew a whole lot since the first movie of pokemon,"Mewtwo Strikes Back".

Blaziken @ Air Balloon/Life Orb/Shell Bell
Ability: Speed Boost
Ivs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Protect
Flare Blitz
High Jump Kick/Low Kick
Thunder Punch/ Stone Edge
Role: To sweep away the pokemon and then wins it all.

What do you think? Is there anything that need to be fixed?
Overall your team has little synergy. You have Webs but are running Timid Garde and Speed Passing Mew (please don't run this, especially with Hasty), along with other issues like the lack of Bisharp and Serperior answers. Pick a strat/playstyle and stick to it.

Last edited: