• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

Professor Maple

Pokemon prof.
Alpha sapphire

Also,
Revised team

Mew@focus sash
Baton pass
Bulk up
Calm mind
Charge beam

Metagross@leftovers
Bullet punch
Brick break
Confusion
Psychic

Crawdunt@choice band
Sucker punch
Bubblebeam
Nock off
Razor shell

Reiniculos@leftovers
Recover
Safegaurd
Substitute
Psychic

Usarang@life orb
Facade
Double edge
Take down
Belly drum

Dragonite@draco plate
Extremespeed
Dragon breath
Thunder punch
Dragon claw

Last edited:

Smokin' weedle

Considering you are playing in sapphire, mega metagross might be a better option. Aside from that, crawduant won't need bubblebeam, give it something like crabhammer

Professor Maple

Pokemon prof.
Thanks. I will.
Team:

Mew@focus sash
Baton pass
Bulk up
Calm mind
Charge beam

Metagross@metagrossite
Bullet punch
Brick break
Confusion
Psychic

Crawdunt@choice band
Sucker punch
Crabhammer
Nock off
Razor shell

Reiniculos@leftovers
Recover
Safegaurd
Substitute
Psychic

Usarang@life orb
Facade
Double edge
Take down
Belly drum

Dragonite@draco plate
Extremespeed
Dragon breath
Thunder punch
Dragon claw

Last edited:

Smokin' weedle

Mew @ Focus Sash
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Bulk Up
- Charge Beam
- Calm Mind

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Confusion
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Psychic

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Razor Shell
- Crabhammer
- X-Scissor

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Substitute
- Psychic
- Safeguard

Ursaring @ Life Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Belly Drum
- Take Down

Dragonite @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Breath
- Thunder Punch
- Dragon Claw

This should be the ev's and natures. Crawduant should run adaptability and doesn't have sucker punch, so I decided to swap it for x-scissor, but you could change that if you don't like it

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Mew is much too bulky to make any use of a Focus Sash, especially with Bulk Up. There's almost never a circumstance where it's getting OHKO'd anyways.

252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 252-296 (62.3 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage (Sand Stream breaks Focus Sash anyways)
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 265-312 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 268-320 (66.3 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 244-291 (60.3 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Change that to Leftovers or a Colbur berry. Charge Beam is also mostly pointless on a set with Calm Mind. I'm not really a huge fan of double passing Mew, but if you're gonna run it you should run either Roost, Will-O-Wisp, or Taunt in that slot instead.

Why does Metagross have both Confusion and Psychic? For that matter, why does it have either? Drop them for Zen Headbutt and either Hammer Arm or Earthquake, and drop Brick Break for Ice Punch.

As already mentioned Crawdaunt doesn't learn Sucker Punch. If you're gonna run Choice Band use Aqua Jet / Crabhammer / Knock Off / Aerial Ace or Crunch, or you could just run a Sword's Dance / Dragon Dance set.

Ursaring is slow, frail, and lacks priority, making it an overall bad Belly Drum user. The only really effective users of Belly Drum in the current metagame are Azumarill and to a lesser extent Slurpuff in the lower tiers.

Dragonbreath is a weak move and should really never be used. I'd honestly just run a Dragon Dance set and put a Choice Band on Crawdaunt.

Why does Reuniclus have both Safeguard and Substitute? Why does it have either when it can use Magic Guard and a Flame Orb for even more reliable status protection while not sacrificing any moveslots?

mapijs

hello all, so i am a decent breeder, and i have at least 1 box full of battle ready pokemon. but i just have the feeling that every team i make, just doesn't have synergy
so i will first post the team i am currently using, and then the pokemon i have ready for battle.

smeargle @ focus sash
Ability: own tempo
EVs: HP and speed
Nature: jolly
- spore
- taunt
- stealth rocks
- sticky web

one of my favorite leads, but if i see the opponent has something that is faster or something with prankster, then i might start with a different pokemon, usually just use spore -> SR -> ST (order depends on which is more useful against the opposing team)
after that i just let it die, unless they have something that could get rid of the entry hazards.

furfrou @ leftovers
Ability: fur coat
EVs:HP and SP.DEF
Nature:calm
- toxic
- cotton guard
- snarl
- rest

amazing tank, i have won so many battles because people underestimated it. after 1 cotton guard, even close combat doesn't do anything. only weakness is poison and steel types.

starmie @ life orb
Ability: natural cure
EVs: SP.ATK and speed
Nature: timid
- psyshock
- scald
- recover
- rapid spin

i really needed a rapid spinner and starmie is also strong enough to fight back when needed

charizard @ megastone- X
Ability: blaze before mega, touch claws after mega
EVs: ATK and speed
Nature: adamant
- dragon dance
- outrage
- flare blitz
- crunch

the physical attacker of this team, gets hurt a lot by stealth rocks (that's why i have starmie) and does not have roost, so it's kinda a suicide attacker, usually taking 2-3 pokemon down with him.

chandelure @ choice scarf
Ability: flash fire
Nature: Modest
- Fire blast
- shadow ball
- energy ball
- trick

one of the special attackers of my team, but doesn't need setup and can cripple a tank with trick choice scarf.

Swoobat @ kee berry
Ability: simple
Nature:timid
- Signal beam
- calm mind
- stored power
- roost

special sweeper who needs a little setup, after 1 calm mind stored power will already have a basepower of 100. the kee berry raises his defence by 2 stages(because of simple) when hit by a physical move. and signal beam takes care of dark and psychic pokemon that try to switch in.

everytime i use this team i just have the feeling like it just doesn't work well together. i would like to hear some opinions.

here is a list of pokemon i have in my bank ready to use:
M-charizard Y, talonflame, M-absol, espeon, M-tyranitar,M-heracross, torterra, whimsicott, sableye, roserade, blissey, ferrothorn, M-venusaur, sigilyph, azumarill, hawlucha, alakazam, togekiss, tyrantrum, kingler, darmanitan, swampert, drifblim, mamoswine, jolteon, quagsire

i know it's a long list but maybe someone sees a pokemon in it that might be able to fulfill a role in my team better.

Klofange

Hi so I have played pokemon since the very beginning but never competatively. I want to be able to compete but with a team of pokemon I like. So movesets that would allow me to stand my own and not be wiped-out isntanetly would be great but I dont expect my team to ever win any medals.

Terrakion is a filler and I would happily switch him for another pokemon as I am hoping to use midday lycanroc once sun and moon are released

Swampert-Mega (M) - Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rest

Whimsicott (M) - Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Volcarona (F) - Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Vigoroth (M) - Choice Band
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Thunder Punch

Noivern (M) - Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Air Slash
- Taunt

Terrakion - Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Retaliate

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I thankk you for your time in reading and responding

Paramedic

Hello all,
Long while since I played or visited this Forum however with Sun & Moon coming out, I want to start again. I would like to create an ICE team (sorry, wasn't here for awhile), could you guys help me with getting a decent team up? Ofcourse 1 or 2 Pokémon may be other than an Ice type to balance the team or get some weaknesses out. Thanks for all your help in advance!

I was thinking of (including) / hard choosing between :

460.png
091.png
131.png
365.png
471.png
473.png
461.png

I'm not advanced as you, so all help and tips are appreciated!

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Hello all,
Long while since I played or visited this Forum however with Sun & Moon coming out, I want to start again. I would like to create an ICE team (sorry, wasn't here for awhile), could you guys help me with getting a decent team up? Ofcourse 1 or 2 Pokémon may be other than an Ice type to balance the team or get some weaknesses out. Thanks for all your help in advance!

I was thinking of (including) / hard choosing between :

460.png
091.png
131.png
365.png
471.png
473.png
461.png

I'm not advanced as you, so all help and tips are appreciated!

You haven't really given us any sets to work with, or even a format you'll be playing under. I guess I'll run though the options you've listed here from the perspective of OU but that's about all I can do until you provide more information, and keep in mind monotype teams won't ever really do well in OU.

Abomasnow is sadly a pretty bad Pokemon both in terms of stats and typing, with one of the most horrendous defensive typings in the entire game. On the other hand, it's also one of only two Ice types to be able to Mega Evolve (with the other being Glalie), and its ability Snow Warning makes it great for Blizzard spamming mono-Ice teams. It's really up to you whether or not to use it, but keep in mind it's fairly slow without a Scarf, it's not all that bulky, it's not all that strong, and it has a metric butt ton of weaknesses to common moves. As Mega Abomasnow, it gains some bulk but keeps its awful defensive typing, and loses any Speed it had as well as the ability to use a Choice Scarf.

Cloyster is the only Ice-type to get access to the move Shell Smash, making it a very potent mid to late game sweeper. It also has access to Skill Link and Icicile Spear, giving it an effective 125 Base Power STAB that breaks Sturdy/Focus Sash and hits through Substitutes, as well as Rock Blast for coverage. It has a massive base 180 Defense giving it very respectable physical bulk but an absolutely terrible Special Defense that leaves it OHKO'd by even stronger resisted moves. It also struggles a bit in the ORAS metagame being riddled with priority and bulky Pokemon that it can't quite KO even after a Shell Smash, like physically defensive Rotom-W.

Lapras suffers from having fairly average stats barring its unusually high HP, but makes up for it in some ways with a large movepool, including coverage options like Thunderbolt and Freeze Dry as well as support moves like Perish Song, and even a decent boosting move in the form of Dragon Dance. That being said its offensive stats are rather low and it struggles to get KOs even after boosting.

Walrein was an infamous wall back when it was released due to its ability to stall out many of the metagame's top threats, but since then the overall power creep and advent of Stealth Rock and more common Fighting-type moves have pushed it down into the lower tiers. It's still somewhat decent on lower tier stall teams but if you're going for more of an offensive team it really has no place, and a mono-Ice stall team is a bad idea thanks to Ice's lack of resistances and 4 common weaknesses.

Glaceon has a very high Special Attack giving it the strongest non-Legendary Blizzard in the game, but that's it. It's slow, it's not that bulky, and it has an utter lack of coverage with Shadow Ball being its only viable coverage move outside of Hidden Power. It might have a place on Blizzard spamming teams with its Choice Specs Blizzard, but other than that it's not a very good Pokemon unfortunately.

Mamoswine has decent bulk and high Attack, as well as great coverage between its STABs. Naturally this makes for a very respectable Pokemon, one who's infamously hard to switch into for offensive teams. I'd definitely recommend giving him a thought, he's a great Pokemon and very simple to use.

Now we get to Weavile. Weavile currently holds the title of being the only non-Legendary Ice type in OU (Kyurem-Black being the only other Ice type in OU), and looking at his stats it's not hard to see why. While he's pretty frail, even for an Ice type, his blazing Speed and fantastic Attack stat, combined with moves like Knock Off, Icicle Crash, Pursuit and Ice Shard, allow him to deal with so many of the metagame's top threats. If there's any Ice-type to put on your team, Weavile is definitely the one.

Paramedic

Dear Divine, thanks already for your thoughts.

I'm thinking for Mega Abomasnow however I am not sure, it is been long since I played it all. I don't want to be the best perce to win every match however I want to give the opponent a good fight. I am in it because I enjoy Pokémon and its game so as said don't has to be unbeatable (not that it will) but a good fight must be in it. Also previous stated, like 2 Pokémon don't have to be ICE for sure to get a good balanced team. I only gave so many ICE so I can have input from you guys which to choice / how to get a balanced team.. So..

(Mega) Abomasnow
AB: Snow Warning
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer / Grass Knot / Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch / Leech Seed

Cloyster
AB: Skill Link
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell / Surf / Hydro Pump / Ice Shard

Lapras
AB: Shell Armor
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Sing / Rest
- Surf / Sleep Talk

Walrein
AB: Ice Body
- Substitute
- Protect / Rest
- Blizzard / Surf
- Toxic / Roar / Sleep Talk

Glaceon
AB: Snow Cloak / Ice Body
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Wish / Toxic
- Baton Pass / Water Pulse / Ice Beam

Mamoswine
AB: Snow Cloak
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Weavile
AB: Pressure
-Ice Shard
-Pursuit
-Low Kick
-Night Slash / Ice Punch

.. About EV's and Nature .. I need your expertise .. Thanks

You haven't really given us any sets to work with, or even a format you'll be playing under. I guess I'll run though the options you've listed here from the perspective of OU but that's about all I can do until you provide more information, and keep in mind monotype teams won't ever really do well in OU.

Abomasnow is sadly a pretty bad Pokemon both in terms of stats and typing, with one of the most horrendous defensive typings in the entire game. On the other hand, it's also one of only two Ice types to be able to Mega Evolve (with the other being Glalie), and its ability Snow Warning makes it great for Blizzard spamming mono-Ice teams. It's really up to you whether or not to use it, but keep in mind it's fairly slow without a Scarf, it's not all that bulky, it's not all that strong, and it has a metric butt ton of weaknesses to common moves. As Mega Abomasnow, it gains some bulk but keeps its awful defensive typing, and loses any Speed it had as well as the ability to use a Choice Scarf.

Cloyster is the only Ice-type to get access to the move Shell Smash, making it a very potent mid to late game sweeper. It also has access to Skill Link and Icicile Spear, giving it an effective 125 Base Power STAB that breaks Sturdy/Focus Sash and hits through Substitutes, as well as Rock Blast for coverage. It has a massive base 180 Defense giving it very respectable physical bulk but an absolutely terrible Special Defense that leaves it OHKO'd by even stronger resisted moves. It also struggles a bit in the ORAS metagame being riddled with priority and bulky Pokemon that it can't quite KO even after a Shell Smash, like physically defensive Rotom-W.

Lapras suffers from having fairly average stats barring its unusually high HP, but makes up for it in some ways with a large movepool, including coverage options like Thunderbolt and Freeze Dry as well as support moves like Perish Song, and even a decent boosting move in the form of Dragon Dance. That being said its offensive stats are rather low and it struggles to get KOs even after boosting.

Walrein was an infamous wall back when it was released due to its ability to stall out many of the metagame's top threats, but since then the overall power creep and advent of Stealth Rock and more common Fighting-type moves have pushed it down into the lower tiers. It's still somewhat decent on lower tier stall teams but if you're going for more of an offensive team it really has no place, and a mono-Ice stall team is a bad idea thanks to Ice's lack of resistances and 4 common weaknesses.

Glaceon has a very high Special Attack giving it the strongest non-Legendary Blizzard in the game, but that's it. It's slow, it's not that bulky, and it has an utter lack of coverage with Shadow Ball being its only viable coverage move outside of Hidden Power. It might have a place on Blizzard spamming teams with its Choice Specs Blizzard, but other than that it's not a very good Pokemon unfortunately.

Mamoswine has decent bulk and high Attack, as well as great coverage between its STABs. Naturally this makes for a very respectable Pokemon, one who's infamously hard to switch into for offensive teams. I'd definitely recommend giving him a thought, he's a great Pokemon and very simple to use.

Now we get to Weavile. Weavile currently holds the title of being the only non-Legendary Ice type in OU (Kyurem-Black being the only other Ice type in OU), and looking at his stats it's not hard to see why. While he's pretty frail, even for an Ice type, his blazing Speed and fantastic Attack stat, combined with moves like Knock Off, Icicle Crash, Pursuit and Ice Shard, allow him to deal with so many of the metagame's top threats. If there's any Ice-type to put on your team, Weavile is definitely the one.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Dear Divine, thanks already for your thoughts.

I'm thinking for Mega Abomasnow however I am not sure, it is been long since I played it all. I don't want to be the best perce to win every match however I want to give the opponent a good fight. I am in it because I enjoy Pokémon and its game so as said don't has to be unbeatable (not that it will) but a good fight must be in it. Also previous stated, like 2 Pokémon don't have to be ICE for sure to get a good balanced team. I only gave so many ICE so I can have input from you guys which to choice / how to get a balanced team.. So..

(Mega) Abomasnow
AB: Snow Warning
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer / Grass Knot / Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch / Leech Seed

Cloyster
AB: Skill Link
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell / Surf / Hydro Pump / Ice Shard

Lapras
AB: Shell Armor
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Sing / Rest
- Surf / Sleep Talk

Walrein
AB: Ice Body
- Substitute
- Protect / Rest
- Blizzard / Surf
- Toxic / Roar / Sleep Talk

Glaceon
AB: Snow Cloak / Ice Body
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Wish / Toxic
- Baton Pass / Water Pulse / Ice Beam

Mamoswine
AB: Snow Cloak
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Weavile
AB: Pressure
-Ice Shard
-Pursuit
-Low Kick
-Night Slash / Ice Punch

.. About EV's and Nature .. I need your expertise .. Thanks
I'm just going to be really blunt and say that a monotype team (partial monotype?) isn't something you should be running if you intend on giving a "good fight", especially if it's Ice with all its glorious weaknesses and you're running stuff like Lapras and Glaceon. If you plan on playing on the Monotype ladder you can get away with this (though maybe with some tweaks to be prepared for the meta), but outside of that you can't effectively optimize a team like this for competitive battling. There are way too many holes and you'll probably find yourself getting 6-0'd more often than you would like.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm just going to be really blunt and say that a monotype team (partial monotype?) isn't something you shouldn't be running if you intend on giving a "good fight", especially if it's Ice with all its glorious weaknesses and you're running stuff like Lapras and Glaceon. If you plan on playing on the Monotype ladder you can get away with this (though maybe with some tweaks to be prepared for the meta), but outside of that you can't effectively optimize a team like this for competitive battling. There are way too many holes and you'll probably find yourself getting 6-0'd more often than you would like.

I used to think the same, then that drunk ***** we're not allowed to talk about laddered to #1 with a mono-Ice team that had a Delibird on it.

Granted that was in NU but still...

That being said Karxrida is right when he said that in most formats a mono-Ice team isn't going to do well. For one thing, Monotype teams rarely do well in formats that aren't... Well... Monotype. Even viable types like Steel and Fairy struggle to win against competent opponents, and Ice really isn't the most viable type even in Monotype formats seeing as it's basically the worst defensive type in the game and lacks fast attackers outside of Weavile. If you wanna use a mono-Ice team for fun then more power to you, but I can't help you very much with that because your definition of fun likely isn't the same as mine. On the other hand, if you want to make a team that can win games, then sadly mono-Ice is not the way to go. I don't want to sound mean or anything, that's just the naked truth of it.

Squirtlemasterr

I haven't used this team in a year. But I'm trying to get back into the swing of things before Sun/Moon.
Here is my old Y team. I still play Y, not ORAS. Note: I changed some moves to use them in the Battle Mansion. Any and all info and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure/Modest
252 SpA/252 Speed/ 4HP
-U-turn
-Thunder-Wave
-Roost
-Thunder

Talonflame @ Lifeorb
Flamebody/Adamant
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Acrobatics
-FlareBlitz
-Steel Wing
-Brave Bird

Rotom(Wash) @ Sitrus berry
Levitate/Calm
252 HP/ SpD ??/ Speed ??
-Thunder-Wave
-Volt Swith
-Rest
-Hydro Pump

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Huge Power/Adamant
240 HP/ 252 Atk./ 16 SpD
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Super Power
-Play Rough

Togekiss @ None
Serene Grace/Calm
252 HP/ Def100?/ Speed 50
-Roost
-Dazzling Gleam
-Thunder Wave
-Air Slash

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Rough Skin/Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Dragonclaw

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I haven't used this team in a year. But I'm trying to get back into the swing of things before Sun/Moon.
Here is my old Y team. I still play Y, not ORAS. Note: I changed some moves to use them in the Battle Mansion. Any and all info and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure/Modest
252 SpA/252 Speed/ 4HP
-U-turn
-Thunder-Wave
-Roost
-Thunder

Talonflame @ Lifeorb
Flamebody/Adamant
252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP
-Acrobatics
-FlareBlitz
-Steel Wing
-Brave Bird

Rotom(Wash) @ Sitrus berry
Levitate/Calm
252 HP/ SpD ??/ Speed ??
-Thunder-Wave
-Volt Swith
-Rest
-Hydro Pump

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Huge Power/Adamant
240 HP/ 252 Atk./ 16 SpD
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Super Power
-Play Rough

Togekiss @ None
Serene Grace/Calm
252 HP/ Def100?/ Speed 50
-Roost
-Dazzling Gleam
-Thunder Wave
-Air Slash

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Rough Skin/Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Dragonclaw

Try

Roost > Acrobatics
Swords Dance > Steel Wing
Jolly > Adamant
Sharp Beak > Life Orb

on Talonflame

Replace Zapdos with Manectric-Mega, and have your Garchomp be a defensive Garchomp w/Toxic

a good Togekiss set is this
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost

It'll help you break stall

Use this rotom spread over your current one

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

44 spe will help you to outpace Azumarill and Thunder Wave stops a Charizard-X if you're healthy enough

Lastly,
Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Use this over Azumarill! As a rule, it's usually very good to use a steel on any of your teams due to their great number of resistances. Drill can also help to spin away hazards for your Talonflame especially.

Hope I helped! Sorry if its a bit rushed!

Last edited:

Squirtlemasterr

Try

Roost > Acrobatics
Swords Dance > Steel Wing
Jolly > Adamant
Sharp Beak > Life Orb

on Talonflame

Replace Zapdos with Manectric-Mega, and have your Garchomp be a defensive Garchomp w/Toxic

a good Togekiss set is this
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost

It'll help you break stall

Use this rotom spread over your current one

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

44 spe will help you to outpace Azumarill and Thunder Wave stops a Charizard-X if you're healthy enough

Lastly,
Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Use this over Azumarill! As a rule, it's usually very good to use a steel on any of your teams due to their great number of resistances. Drill can also help to spin away hazards for your Talonflame especially.

Hope I helped! Sorry if its a bit rushed!
Thank you much. I do like me some Excadrill. I have one in Y, but my best one I think is in Black 2. What do you think of Metagross as well?

Last edited:

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I haven't played a game of OU in forever but I don't think 44 Speed on Rotom is necessary. It's only for like max Speed Jolly Azu - which I don't think is that common - while the next relevant benchmark (8 Speed for max Jolly Crawdaunt) is for a thing you'll actually see sometimes on top of giving you a bit more bulk.

Squirtlemasterr

I haven't played a game of OU in forever but I don't think 44 Speed on Rotom is necessary. It's only for like max Speed Jolly Azu - which I don't think is that common - while the next relevant benchmark (8 Speed for max Jolly Crawdaunt) is for a thing you'll actually see sometimes on top of giving you a bit more bulk.

Good ideas. Thanks for that!

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

I rarely see Crawdaunt either, to be honest. Max Speed Jolly Azumarill is probably about as common as Crawdaunt is, although don't quote me on that because I'm not looking at the usage statistics right now.