• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Building Help Thread

Pathfinder

No Angel
Follow standard RMT rules which can be found[URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?655079-Gen-VII-RMT-Rules-amp-Guidelines[/URL]

Post sets in the format of
Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
Nature:
- move
- move
- move
- move

..or at least something similar to that format that we can read so it's easier to help you. Please also provide a detailed description of what each mon's purpose/role on your team is of at least a couple sentences.

Klofange

So this is my future team for pokemon sun and moon once pokebank is up (and assuming swampertite is in game), I don't aim to win every battle or even the majority but I would like to be able to hold my own in rated battles without feeling like people or just whooping my rear everytime I play. This will also be the same team I use ingame as these are some of my favourite pokemon. So what I am looking for is advice on how to make these 6 guys usuable and put up some kind of fight.

pokemon.jpg

Kipper (Swampert-Mega) - Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adament nature
EVs: 108 HP / 200 Def / 200 SpD
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Kipper (Swampert-Mega) - Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adament Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 2 SpD
- Ice punch
- Rain dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfalll

I was either thinking mega swamert with some high defence for being able to withstand a good amount of beating and rest for HP recovery or going for a raindance attacker

Whimsy (Whimsicott) (F) - Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Taunt

She is designed to be annoying and hard to deal with, I know the new dark type immunity will cause issues, am I better off uping speed and running infiltrator?

Esta (Volcarona) (F) - Air Balloon
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

general special attacker quiver and kill

Slacker (Vigoroth) (M) - Zap Plate
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Thunder Punch

the wildcard, his ranged movepool makes him unpredicable and able to dint a few foes by surprise, not sure whether to put in gunk shot to deal with the fairies (I did consider running high crit moves with scope lense, is that worth it?)

Vernon (Noivern) (M) - Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

first off not sure on the item. just another special attacker. would hidden power steel/poison be worth it for any fairy issues?

Anca (Lycanroc) - Life Orb
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Brick Break

Physical attacker, sword dance and hit, fire fang for coverage I guess, advice here is appreciated. not sure on item here either.

I can see fairies being an issue team wise as well dark pokemon

As i say I can't see myself ever being a champion of the ranked scene but I would love to play with pokemon I love and hold my own

This is my current doubles team, anything I can improve on?

Garchomp @Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
Role: Physical aggressor
Earthquake and Dragon Claw are for STAB obviously, I opted for Dragon claw over Outrage because in doubles, I'd rather know what I'm targeting. Poison Jab is for Grass and Fairy coverage. Fire Fang is for coverage against the ever-present Scizor and Kartana and in the event the opponent isn't using enough Pokemon to warrant using Torkoal.
Lum Berry is because I'm constantly paranoid about Status Hax. (Although, I'm open to using a Choice Scarf because Garchomp has frequently gotten outsped)
I used my EVs to prioritize hitting fast and hitting hard

Comfey @Big Root
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp Def
Nature: Calm
- Protect
- Synthesis
- Draining Kiss
- Floral Healing
Role: Cleric
Comfey's main role is to extend my team's longevity. Floral Healing is obvious. Synthesis and Protect extends Comfey's longevity (Also because Garchomp's running Earthquake). Draining Kiss is so Comfey can't get Taunt-blocked.
Triage gives priority to everything in Comfey' moveset.
The EV spread (On top of Comfey's already useful natural bulk) and the Big Root also help extend Comfey's time on the battlefield.

Torkoal @White Herb/Firium Z
Ability: Drought
Nature: Quiet
- Overheat
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rapid Spin
Role: Physical Wall, Kartana/Scizor slayer
Protect because of Earthquake. Rapid Spin to get rid of Hazards. Overheat is one of Torkoal's main draws because of its better power and accuracy than Fire Blast. (Before someone mentions it. No. I'm not running Eruption. I'm not using Torkoal because of its power, nor is this a Trick Room team so Torkoal's not gonna be at full health to make good use of it. Besides, an extra 10 base power isn't gonna make a difference) Will-O-Wisp shuts down popular physical attackers such as Metagross, Golisopod, Gyarados, Salamence, the aforementioned Kartana/Scizor, Garchomp etc.
(But Ionasal! You said you weren't using Torkoal for its power! Why is it Quiet?) I gave it a Quiet nature because Torkoal's natural bulk is high enough that I can afford the extra power to ensure Overheat KOs what it needs to.
White Herb is so I can get two full power Overheats, but I'm willing to use Firium Z because Overheat isn't perfectly accurate.

Tapu Lele @Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Sp Def, 4 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Skill Swap
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
Role: IDK
Tapu Lele was something I added to my team during the planning stages, before I added Comfey & Garchomp, so I didn't have a particular role planned out for it.
Sending out Lele is a double edged sword because while stopping all priority moves is useful, it also makes Comfey as useful as a dead fish because it can't attack and if Lele gets one shotted and is at full health and can't use protect, well, you get the picture.
Psychic and Moonblast are basically Lele's bread and butter, Shadow Ball is my only form of ghost coverage. Skill Swap can cripple something with a useful ability such as Vikavolt, Alolan Marowak and the uselessness of priority moves gets restarted (but I've already explained why this is a boon and a bane for me)
I distributed the EVs to boost Lele's most useful stats (Again, didn't have anything really planned out)
If you couldn't tell, I'm open to suggestions on something that can replace Lele and mesh well with the rest of my team.

Nihilego @Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Spd, 152 Sp Def, 102 Sp Attk, 4 HP
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot
Role: Special Wall
Originally I was gonna put no EV's into Sp Def, because Nihilego's Special bulk is good enough in its own right but after I finished EV training it, Beast Boost would raise Sp Attk instead, so after I got Hondew berries, I left two fifths of them to keep Nihilego's killing power high enough.
Nihilego's moveset gives a good amount of coverage. Power Gem and Sludge Wave are for Stab. Thunderbolt is for people who think they can safely switch in their waters ditto for Grass Knot, only replace waters with grounds and Gastrodons.
Assault Vest adds to Nihilego's special bulk

Xurkitree @Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Attk, 4 Def
Nature: Timid
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
Role: Special Aggressor
I opted for a nature to raise speed because Garchomp is a big threat to Xurkitree so even if I can't outspeed it even with the speed EVs and Timid nature, the focus sash will let Xurkitree get off a Dazzling Gleam at the very least. Protect's so Garchomp can safely let off an earthquake and to give Xurkitree a little more survivability. Energy Ball's for Ground coverage.

Any advice (unless it relates to Eruption) would be appreciated.

REMARCABLE

Garchomp @Lum Berry
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
Earthquake and Dragon Claw are for STAB obviously, I opted for Dragon claw over Outrage because in doubles, I'd rather know what I'm targeting. Poison Jab is for Grass and Fairy coverage. Fire Fang is for coverage against the ever-present Scizor and Kartana and in the event the opponent isn't using enough Pokemon to warrant using Torkoal.
Lum Berry is because I'm constantly paranoid about Status Hax. (Although, I'm open to using a Choice Scarf because Garchomp has frequently gotten outsped)

Comfey @Big Root
- Protect
- Synthesis
- Draining Kiss
- Floral Healing
Comfey's main role is to extend my team's longevity. Floral Healing is obvious. Synthesis and Protect extends Comfey's longevity (Also because Garchomp's running Earthquake). Draining Kiss is so Comfey can't get Taunt-blocked.
The EV spread (On top of Comfey's already useful natural bulk) and the Big Root also help extend Comfey's time on the battlefield.

- Overheat
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rapid Spin
Protect because of Earthquake. Rapid Spin to get rid of Hazards. Overheat is one of Torkoal's main draws because of its better power and accuracy than Fire Blast. (Before someone mentions it. No. I'm not running Eruption. I'm not using Torkoal because of its power, nor is this a Trick Room team so Torkoal's not gonna be at full health to make good use of it. Besides, an extra 10 base power isn't gonna make a difference) Will-O-Wisp shuts down popular physical attackers such as Metagross, Golisopod, Gyarados, Salamence, the aforementioned Kartana/Scizor, Garchomp etc.
(But Ionasal! You said you weren't using Torkoal for its power! Why is it Quiet?) I gave it a Quiet nature because Torkoal's natural bulk is high enough that I can afford the extra power to ensure Overheat KOs what it needs to.
White Herb is so I can get two full power Overheats, but I'm willing to use Firium Z because Overheat isn't perfectly accurate.

Tapu Lele @Life Orb
- Skill Swap
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
Tapu Lele was something I added to my team during the planning stages, before I added Comfey & Garchomp, so I didn't have a particular role planned out for it.
Sending out Lele is a double edged sword because while stopping all priority moves is useful, it also makes Comfey as useful as a dead fish because it can't attack and if Lele gets one shotted and is at full health and can't use protect, well, you get the picture.
Psychic and Moonblast are basically Lele's bread and butter, Shadow Ball is my only form of ghost coverage. Skill Swap can cripple something with a useful ability such as Vikavolt, Alolan Marowak and the uselessness of priority moves gets restarted (but I've already explained why this is a boon and a bane for me)
I distributed the EVs to boost Lele's most useful stats (Again, didn't have anything really planned out)
If you couldn't tell, I'm open to suggestions on something that can replace Lele and mesh well with the rest of my team.

Nihilego @Assault Vest
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot
Originally I was gonna put no EV's into Sp Def, because Nihilego's Special bulk is good enough in its own right but after I finished EV training it, Beast Boost would raise Sp Attk instead, so after I got Hondew berries, I left two fifths of them to keep Nihilego's killing power high enough.
Nihilego's moveset gives a good amount of coverage. Power Gem and Sludge Wave are for Stab. Thunderbolt is for people who think they can safely switch in their waters ditto for Grass Knot, only replace waters with grounds and Gastrodons.

Xurkitree @Focus Sash
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
I opted for a nature to raise speed because Garchomp is a big threat to Xurkitree so even if I can't outspeed it even with the speed EVs and Timid nature, the focus sash will let Xurkitree get off a Dazzling Gleam at the very least. Protect's so Garchomp can safely let off an earthquake and to give Xurkitree a little more survivability. Energy Ball's for Ground coverage.

Your team lacks synergy

Garchomp cannot freely use Earthquake because nothing on your team is immune to teammate attacks
In fact half of your team is weak to your own EQ and opposing EQ
This doesn't just apply to Garchomp, Nihilego cannot use Sludge Wave because not only does it hit your teammates, two of your choices (Lele and Comfey) are dangerously weak to Sludge Wave.

You have for the most part have 5 Special Attackers, that is an instant lose to any team running Blissey/Chansey

Lele seems too focused on offense but not the right kind, drop Shadow Ball for Protect and change Psychic to Psyshock (this somewhat patches up your lack of any physical presence) i'd suggest

Torkoal shouldn't be running a utility set in anything other than singles, Doubles/VGC is too fast paced for Rapid Spin to see any use and once you use Overheat it becomes dead weight speaking of which I would change Overheat to Fire Blast or at the very least Flamethrower.

This is all off the top of my head for now

EKZ1505

Garchomp @Lum Berry
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Comfey @Big Root
- Protect
- Synthesis
- Draining Kiss
- Floral Healing

- Overheat
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rapid Spin

Tapu Lele @Life Orb
- Skill Swap
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast

Nihilego @Assault Vest
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot

Xurkitree @Focus Sash
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball

Garchomp needs Protect. Almost everything in doubles (unless you're Choiced, holding AV, or fully support) needs Protect. I would drop Fire Fang. The Tapus are much more common than Scizor right now.

If you're running Torkoal you 100% need to pair it with a TR user (Oranguru is the most common one right now due to Instruct) and/or After You Chlorophyll Lilligant. I know you said not to mention it, but Eruption works amazing on this set (especially if you can get it in with Comfey), and then you can use either Heat Wave for when you're lower on health, or Flamethrower to avoid Wide Guard. The last attack can be a Hidden Power (Ice is great for dragons that resist) or Solarbeam. Just go max special attack. Without Eruption, you're much better off using something like Arcanine for strong fire attacks and Will-o-Wisp.

Lele already has great special defense, so if you want a bulky one just invest in HP instead. Psychic is fine due to the incredible damage output. You need Protect over Skill Swap. If you really have trouble using it next to Comfey, I would consider switching it out (Bulu'a Terrain boosts Floral Healing, tho it does reduce EQ damage. Koko boosts Xurkitree, tho it still doesn't work great with Gatchomp unless you give it Air Balloon).

Nihilego doesn't really need any more special bulk. AV is ok, but yours is struggling to put out enough damage, which is the main role it fulfills. I can't run any damage calcs right now, but it seems like you could miss out on some important OHKOs/2HKOs. Definitely run Sludge Bomb over Wave if you aren't using any steel types.

Since you already have grass coverage with Grass Knot, you can consider dropping Energy Ball for Discharge so you can work around Lightning Rod (you can also spam it next to Garchomp, and the paras are nice).

I agree with remarcable that your team currently has no synergy, and that's the main issue. I'm not sure what the strategy is other than Comfey's support to keep Pokémon alive, particularly your special bulky Pokémon. You could really use Intimidate or more physically bulky Pokémon. Only Torkoal has great defense, but it's so slow. Chansey isn't tooooo much of an issue in doubles, but you could probably still use another physical attacker regardless (Psyshock helps a little). You also have no speed control though. Torkoal does great in TR but Tailwind/Icy Wind could really hurt you right now.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, I've done some thinking about my lack of physical attacks and defence and ran some calcs and was wondering is these would be good replacements for Torkoal and Tapu Lele:

Arcanine @Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp Attk (I'm not particularly worried about Arcanine OHKOing or (at the very least) 2HKOing what it needs to so I feel survivability will be a better investment.
Ability: Intimidate (Hurting physical attackers and helping Arcanine's already useful natural bulk)
Nature: ??? (Arcanine is so versatile that any nature would hurt it, so i don't know what to give it)
Flare Blitz/Flamethrower (I'm not sure which one to go for because Flare Blitz' power is tempting but I don't know if I wanna risk the recoil, and Flamethrower is reliable but I'd be losing needed physical offense)
Will-O-Wisp (Refer to Intimidate)
Extremespeed (Fixing my lack of priority outside of Comfey)
Snarl/Protect (Snarl's there in the event I need to neuter a special attacker, and unprotected, Arcanine can survive Garchomp's Earthquake and still have over 50% health, but I don't know if weakening special attacks will be worth not taking damage when there' a good chance Comfey'll be on the field)

Slowbro @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp Attk (With Slowbro, I'm investing my EVs with Physical bulk as my goal)
Ability: Regenerator (That third of health will be useful in the event Slowbro need to get outta dodge)
Nature: Bold (Improving bulk while lowering the stat Slowbro's not using)
Scald (Great stab and burns are useful in the event I'm not using Arcanine)
Calm Mind (Making up for Slowbro's lower special bulk and making Psyshock stronger)
Psyshock (Getting around my lack of physical attacks while taking advantage of Slowbro's higher special attack
Slack Off (Extending Slowbro's time on the field in the event Slowbro's not in immediate danger)

I'm also gonna replace Fire Fang for Protect and give Nihilego the Life Orb but I can't afford to get rid of Energy Ball because it's too crucial to Xurkitree's survival.

Last edited:

REMARCABLE

Thanks for the feedback, I've done some thinking about my lack of physical attacks and defence and ran some calcs and was wondering is these would be good replacements for Torkoal and Tapu Lele:

Arcanine @Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 Sp Attk (I'm not particularly worried about Arcanine OHKOing or (at the very least) 2HKOing what it needs to so I feel survivability will be a better investment.
Ability: Intimidate (Hurting physical attackers and helping Arcanine's already useful natural bulk)
Nature: ??? (Arcanine is so versatile that any nature would hurt it, so i don't know what to give it)
Flare Blitz/Flamethrower (I'm not sure which one to go for because Flare Blitz' power is tempting but I don't know if I wanna risk the recoil, and Flamethrower is reliable but I'd be losing needed physical offense)
Snarl/Protect (Snarl's there in the event I need to neuter a special attacker, and unprotected, Arcanine can survive Garchomp's Earthquake and still have over 50% health, but I don't know if weakening special attacks will be worth not taking damage when there' a good chance Comfey'll be on the field)

Slowbro @Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp Attk (With Slowbro, I'm investing my EVs with Physical bulk as my goal)
Ability: Regenerator (That third of health will be useful in the event Slowbro need to get outta dodge)
Calm Mind (Making up for Slowbro's lower special bulk and making Psyshock stronger)
Psyshock (Getting around my lack of physical attacks while taking advantage of Slowbro's higher special attack
Slack Off (Extending Slowbro's time on the field in the event Slowbro's not in immediate danger)

I'm also gonna replace Fire Fang for Protect and give Nihilego the Life Orb but I can't afford to get rid of Energy Ball because it's too crucial to Xurkitree's survival.

Don't be afraid to run some some gimmicks like Trick Room,Weather, Terrain or Tailwind and using Pokemon that take advantage of that

For Arcanine I recommend this set

Arcanine @Sitrus Berry/Leftovers
Intimidate
Bold
252 HP/148 Def/36 SpA/12 SpD/60 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Will-O-Wisp/Morning Sun
-Snarl
-Protect

This set functions like a Support Suicune, Flamethrower for thinks like Aegislash and Tapu Bulu
Will O Wisp for support or Morning Sun for longevity
Snarl hampers Special Attackers, coupled with Intimidate means you can impede mixed attackers
Protect cause Protect.

The nature and EVs give it great bulk, Jolly Life Orb Garchomp at -1 after Intimidate makes EQ a 2HKO
Rock Slide gives it a 83% chance to 3HKO

EKZ1505

Arcanine @Air Balloon

Slowbro @Leftovers

The Arcanine set that remarcable mentioned is pretty good. I've used a similar one in the past with Morning Sun over Protect. I'm not sure how relevant the EVs are to this meta, but it's a really good starting point. Assault Vest is something I've seen some success with this year too. One move that is pretty interesting is Burn Up. It's Arcanine's strongest fire type attack that has perfect accuracy, and it also gets rid of your fire typing. While you do lose STAB on future potential Flamethrowers unless you switch out, it gets rid of your weakness to EQ and such, and you wouldn't get STAB boosts on Snarl, E-Speed, or any coverage moves anyway. Just something that's been doing well so far to consider!

I haven't seen any Slowbro this year, and typically it hasn't been the best in doubles. This set is better for singles, but there's better options to set up like this (namely Tapu Fini). If you want to use Slowbro, Oblivious with Trick Room is probably your best bet.

Garchomp could really use at least one flying type partner on the team still. I would not use Air Balloon on Arcanine just for that.

Don't be afraid to run some some gimmicks like Trick Room,Weather, Terrain or Tailwind and using Pokemon that take advantage of that

I wouldn't say they're "gimmicks," but I definitely agree with this. The team could really use some form(s) of speed control.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I could use some feedback on my Battle of Alola team and some suggestions for a few move slots. My team is (no held items):

Xurkitree
Timid/Beast Boost/252 Speed/252 Sp. Attack/6 Sp. Defense

-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-HP Ice
-Energy Ball

Pyukumuku
Naive/Innards Out/252 HP/252 Speed/6 Attack

-Toxic
-Pain Split
-Taunt
-Recover

Alolan Muk
Careful/Poison Touch/252 Sp. Defense/252 Attack/6 HP

-Gunk Shot
-Crunch
-Shadow Sneak
-(unknown, leaning towards Explosion)

Magearna
Modest/Soul Heart/252 Sp. Attack/252 Sp. Defense/6 HP

-Fleur Cannon
-Flash Cannon
-Calm Mind
-(unknown)

Alolan Ninetales
Timid/Snow Warning/252 Speed/252 Sp. Attack/6 Sp. Defense

-Blizzard
-Freeze-Dry
-Moonblast
-(unknown)

I haven't decided on my last member, but I'm thinking about Salazzle or Alolan Dugtrio.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!

Ashrynn

I could use some feedback on my Battle of Alola team and some suggestions for a few move slots. My team is (no held items):

Xurkitree
Timid/Beast Boost/252 Speed/252 Sp. Attack/6 Sp. Defense

-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-HP Ice
-Energy Ball

Pyukumuku
Naive/Innards Out/252 HP/252 Speed/6 Attack

-Toxic
-Pain Split
-Taunt
-Recover

Alolan Muk
Careful/Poison Touch/252 Sp. Defense/252 Attack/6 HP

-Gunk Shot
-Knock Off
-Shadow Sneak
-Brick Break/Explosion

Magearna
Modest/Soul Heart/252 Sp. Attack/252 Sp. Defense/6 HP

-Fleur Cannon
-Flash Cannon
-Aura Sphere
-Volt Switch/Thunderbolt/Calm Mind

Alolan Ninetales
Timid/Snow Warning/252 Speed/252 Sp. Attack/6 Sp. Defense

-Blizzard
-Freeze-Dry
-Moonblast
-Aurora Veil

I haven't decided on my last member, but I'm thinking about Salazzle or Alolan Dugtrio.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!

I made some suggested changes in Bold to what I could see right off the bat. A-Muk gains Knock Off w/ STAB which is huge given how spammable that move is as majority of pokemon don't want to lose their held item. The final move is up to you, if you want Explosion go for it. You can run Crunch for more BP STAB outside of Knock Off spam, but Brick Break isn't a bad idea to help with opposing Dark types/Steel types(though it really isn't that good IMO.) Magearna is ok, but CM isn't that great with it due to it's speed and Fire/Ground weakness. Mag is a great pivot into many big OU threats and a solid check to others, but if you leave it in to boost like that you will get taken down fairly quick. A-Marowak is everywhere for instance, can OHKO and unless you run SB(which won't OHKO) none of your moves will hit it. It's best to use Assault Vest and then switch it in to check powerful Sp.Atkers and things it resists behind it's solid defenses.

A-Ninetales should always use Aurora Veil. Without it Ninetales is kind of outclassed, but with it you have a one-turn Reflect/Light Screen combo. If you go for Light Clay(catch wild Mudbray) then you'll have this up for insane amount of time for just one turn of set-up. In regards to your final team-mate I'd advice against both choices. You have a huge weakness to ground types as it is(3) so adding a fourth would do a lot more harm than good. Tapu Fini seems like a solid choice for your team as a good bulky-water type, but if you want to go for a more agressive approach then M-Gyara is obtainable and partners perfectly with Ninetales. Behind AV you can DD up twice most times and crush the enemy team without much worry. It also carries Intimidate in it's base-form and can check(or reliably switch into at least) Pheromosa who is everywhere(just don't Mega Evolve before you can do this).

Exsception

Born Completionist
I made some suggested changes in Bold to what I could see right off the bat. A-Muk gains Knock Off w/ STAB which is huge given how spammable that move is as majority of pokemon don't want to lose their held item. The final move is up to you, if you want Explosion go for it. You can run Crunch for more BP STAB outside of Knock Off spam, but Brick Break isn't a bad idea to help with opposing Dark types/Steel types(though it really isn't that good IMO.) Magearna is ok, but CM isn't that great with it due to it's speed and Fire/Ground weakness. Mag is a great pivot into many big OU threats and a solid check to others, but if you leave it in to boost like that you will get taken down fairly quick. A-Marowak is everywhere for instance, can OHKO and unless you run SB(which won't OHKO) none of your moves will hit it. It's best to use Assault Vest and then switch it in to check powerful Sp.Atkers and things it resists behind it's solid defenses.

A-Ninetales should always use Aurora Veil. Without it Ninetales is kind of outclassed, but with it you have a one-turn Reflect/Light Screen combo. If you go for Light Clay(catch wild Mudbray) then you'll have this up for insane amount of time for just one turn of set-up. In regards to your final team-mate I'd advice against both choices. You have a huge weakness to ground types as it is(3) so adding a fourth would do a lot more harm than good. Tapu Fini seems like a solid choice for your team as a good bulky-water type, but if you want to go for a more agressive approach then M-Gyara is obtainable and partners perfectly with Ninetales. Behind AV you can DD up twice most times and crush the enemy team without much worry. It also carries Intimidate in it's base-form and can check(or reliably switch into at least) Pheromosa who is everywhere(just don't Mega Evolve before you can do this).

But like I said, this is my team for the upcoming Battle of Alola competition on the PGL. The most notable rule of it is no held items; which is why I never listed any held items in my team. Having such a rule TOTALLY changes the Meta, as there are no Mega stones or Z-Crystals. That's also why I'm running Crunch on Muk instead of Knock Off. I can't imagine that people will be using Alolan Marowak without a Thick Club either.

No Choice Scarfs, no Life Orbs, no Focus Sashes, no Leftovers, no Assault Vests, no Mega Stones, and no Z-Crystals. This format requires different sets than the ones you would use in a normal battle.

Wishiwashi_Fan

Hey everyone, this is my first RMT for Gen 7. I'm not exactly sure how strong these pokemon will be, but please tell me anything I could improve on! :)

Pheromosa - Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 spA / 252 Spe
Nature: Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- U-Turn
- Poison Jab

Metagross (Mega) - Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 spD / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Zen Headbutt

Hydreigon - Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 spA / 4 spD / 252 Spe
Nature: Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Dark Pulse

Xurkitree - Life Orb
EVs: 252 spA / 4 spD / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Energy Ball

Alolan Marowak - Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Toxapex - Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Infestation
- Liquidation

This team has 2 fast physical sweepers (Pheromosa, Mega-Metagross), 1 bulky physical sweeper (Alolan Marowak), 2 special sweepers (Xurkitree, Hydreigon), and a physically defensive tank (Toxapex). I think I might want to add a spinner, and also maybe replace Hydreigon with another special sweeper and possibly Alolan Marowak with something else.

I would love to hear what you guys think of this team, and I will take into account every comment.

Anyway, thanks everyone! :)

Ashrynn

But like I said, this is my team for the upcoming Battle of Alola competition on the PGL. The most notable rule of it is no held items; which is why I never listed any held items in my team. Having such a rule TOTALLY changes the Meta, as there are no Mega stones or Z-Crystals. That's also why I'm running Crunch on Muk instead of Knock Off. I can't imagine that people will be using Alolan Marowak without a Thick Club either.

No Choice Scarfs, no Life Orbs, no Focus Sashes, no Leftovers, no Assault Vests, no Mega Stones, and no Z-Crystals. This format requires different sets than the ones you would use in a normal battle.

I am so sorry for missing that. Based on that sort of format I'd still suggest Aurora Veil Ninetales, even with it's shorter duration. But what three-man cores are you looking at with your team I suppose? CM Magearana sounds better, but with no form of recovery, or Assault Vest and low base speed you'll eventually be overrun. I can imagine doing something super gimmicky like AV Ninetales into Mag and using Fairy/Steel Z-Crystal to nuke one threat and gain a boost then just tank hits behind AV and a third pokemon that could handle any threats to that strategy based on the enemy team. 100% run TBolt with Mag as Toxapex just seems 100% made for that kind of system and it can straight-up wall it otherwise and wear it down.

I'm sorry I can't offer any other opinion than that though.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I am so sorry for missing that. Based on that sort of format I'd still suggest Aurora Veil Ninetales, even with it's shorter duration. But what three-man cores are you looking at with your team I suppose? CM Magearana sounds better, but with no form of recovery, or Assault Vest and low base speed you'll eventually be overrun. I can imagine doing something super gimmicky like AV Ninetales into Mag and using Fairy/Steel Z-Crystal to nuke one threat and gain a boost then just tank hits behind AV and a third pokemon that could handle any threats to that strategy based on the enemy team. 100% run TBolt with Mag as Toxapex just seems 100% made for that kind of system and it can straight-up wall it otherwise and wear it down.

I'm sorry I can't offer any other opinion than that though.

It's fine, I've pretty much got my team figured out by now. Thanks for your input!

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
Alrighty, working on a sand team, but not entirely sure how to fill the sixth slot. Here's what I've got so far:

526.png

Gigalith @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Sand/Rocks setter and bulky physical attacker. Unfortunately I couldn't run Superpower as planned due to it being a transfer move, so I'm stuck between Curse, Explosion, or Heavy Slam, and in this case I'm opting for Explosion. EQ and Stone Edge are pretty standard, and Smooth Rock extends the sand, which is needed since this is my only means of setting sand up. HP and Attack investment to help draw out its life and make the most of its attacks while it's here.

448.png

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Special wallbreaker/sweeper (though more the former). Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon for STAB, Dark Pulse for additional coverage, Vacuum Wave for priority. I originally had this set up with Specs, but though Life Orb might be better for it in the long run. None of its abilities help it out too much so I don't suppose it especially matters which I pick between Steadfast and Inner Focus.

630.png

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def/SpDef / 8 Def/SpD
Bold/Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

I haven't entirely decided on whether I want her to be a physical or special wall; I'm leaning special, but it fully depends on the role of the last member of the team. Despite Rock weakness this is my main means to take out the opposing team's hazards. Toxic can wear down walls of both varieties, Roost heals, Foul Play punishes physical attackers. My original plan was to use Mantine in this role and fully focus on eating special hits with it, but unfortunately it's transfer-only, so no luck there.

770.png

Palossand @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up
- Stockpile

I'll be frank here, Pallosand's got a bit of an identity crisis. It's more intended as a bulky special sweeper, although Stockpile helps the bulky part more than the sweeper part. Sand Veil and Shore Up take advantage of sand, while Earth power and Shadow Ball offer decent coverage (though admittedly this can't do anything to Normal/Flying types).

545.png

Scolipede @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Smart Strike

Closest thing to an actual sweeper I've got. While Focus Sash is the standard here, I figure that it'd be pretty pointless to use that if it's just going to die to my own sand. This also gives it immunity to Spore (among other powder moves and my sand), which is always nice. The plan is to bring it in on opposing pokemon that it could potentially counter, SD on the first turn, and spend the rest of its time claiming as many souls as possible. Megahorn and Poison Jab for STAB. Smart Strike is filler, since it doesn't really add coverage beyond opposing Ice and Rock types, but I didn't want to use EQ or Rock Slide, and Aqua Tail and Superpower aren't available yet.

-----

So, this leaves me in a predicament. First of all, I don't have the best overall coverage. I'd like to have someone with access to Ice, Electric, Water, or Fire, as well as being a decent special wall that isn't weak to Rock, Fire, Ice, Grass, Water, or Fighting. And that's a pretty tall order here, because I'm fairly sure I won't find anything to fit that role perfectly. Here's the options I was thinking of:

Glaceon: Decent enough special wall with access to Wish and Frost Breath. Of course it's Ice type, so it's weak to half the types I mentioned, so maybe not the best idea.
Sylveon: Again, a great special wall. Like Glaceon it can utilize Wish, and it also has Fairy coverage on its side.
Goodra: Another incredible special wall with a wide variety of coverage moves. However, it sports an Ice weakness that I'm not especially interested in dealing with.

Any suggestions beyond these to fill the final slot? I'm also open to switching one or two pokemon out, if anyone has a suggestion in that regard (for example, I could see trading Mandibuzz out and having a Goodra/Tapu Fini defensive core, though Fini lacks Mandibuzz's healing potential and is more easily countered by opposing walls that would enjoy sitting in its Misty Terrain).

REMARCABLE

Alrighty, working on a sand team, but not entirely sure how to fill the sixth slot. Here's what I've got so far:

526.png

Gigalith @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Sand/Rocks setter and bulky physical attacker. Unfortunately I couldn't run Superpower as planned due to it being a transfer move, so I'm stuck between Curse, Explosion, or Heavy Slam, and in this case I'm opting for Explosion. EQ and Stone Edge are pretty standard, and Smooth Rock extends the sand, which is needed since this is my only means of setting sand up. HP and Attack investment to help draw out its life and make the most of its attacks while it's here.

448.png

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Special wallbreaker/sweeper (though more the former). Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon for STAB, Dark Pulse for additional coverage, Vacuum Wave for priority. I originally had this set up with Specs, but though Life Orb might be better for it in the long run. None of its abilities help it out too much so I don't suppose it especially matters which I pick between Steadfast and Inner Focus.

630.png

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def/SpDef / 8 Def/SpD
Bold/Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

I haven't entirely decided on whether I want her to be a physical or special wall; I'm leaning special, but it fully depends on the role of the last member of the team. Despite Rock weakness this is my main means to take out the opposing team's hazards. Toxic can wear down walls of both varieties, Roost heals, Foul Play punishes physical attackers. My original plan was to use Mantine in this role and fully focus on eating special hits with it, but unfortunately it's transfer-only, so no luck there.

770.png

Palossand @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up
- Stockpile

I'll be frank here, Pallosand's got a bit of an identity crisis. It's more intended as a bulky special sweeper, although Stockpile helps the bulky part more than the sweeper part. Sand Veil and Shore Up take advantage of sand, while Earth power and Shadow Ball offer decent coverage (though admittedly this can't do anything to Normal/Flying types).

545.png

Scolipede @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Smart Strike

Closest thing to an actual sweeper I've got. While Focus Sash is the standard here, I figure that it'd be pretty pointless to use that if it's just going to die to my own sand. This also gives it immunity to Spore (among other powder moves and my sand), which is always nice. The plan is to bring it in on opposing pokemon that it could potentially counter, SD on the first turn, and spend the rest of its time claiming as many souls as possible. Megahorn and Poison Jab for STAB. Smart Strike is filler, since it doesn't really add coverage beyond opposing Ice and Rock types, but I didn't want to use EQ or Rock Slide, and Aqua Tail and Superpower aren't available yet.

-----

So, this leaves me in a predicament. First of all, I don't have the best overall coverage. I'd like to have someone with access to Ice, Electric, Water, or Fire, as well as being a decent special wall that isn't weak to Rock, Fire, Ice, Grass, Water, or Fighting. And that's a pretty tall order here, because I'm fairly sure I won't find anything to fit that role perfectly. Here's the options I was thinking of:

Glaceon: Decent enough special wall with access to Wish and Frost Breath. Of course it's Ice type, so it's weak to half the types I mentioned, so maybe not the best idea.
Sylveon: Again, a great special wall. Like Glaceon it can utilize Wish, and it also has Fairy coverage on its side.
Goodra: Another incredible special wall with a wide variety of coverage moves. However, it sports an Ice weakness that I'm not especially interested in dealing with.

Any suggestions beyond these to fill the final slot? I'm also open to switching one or two pokemon out, if anyone has a suggestion in that regard (for example, I could see trading Mandibuzz out and having a Goodra/Tapu Fini defensive core, though Fini lacks Mandibuzz's healing potential and is more easily countered by opposing walls that would enjoy sitting in its Misty Terrain).

I recommend you change Scolipede to Adamant and not Jolly.
Anything with Speed Boost doesn't need a speed boosting nature, one turn is all it needs to start speed creeping.
So I would perhaps suggest dropping Smart Strike for either Protect or Subtitute

Predicting a switch meens Scolipede sets up a Sub, gets a speed boost and now can start Swords Dancing to start wrecking havoc.
I know you are worried about sand damage but i recommend dropping Safety Goggles for Black Sludge, it will help you out more than that little bit of Sand damage that might chip at you, if you are battling rain or sun teams your sand is going to not always be in play and Scolipede's item will be wasted.

Smart Strike won't be useful as you have Gigalith, Lucario and Palossand to deal with Ice and Rock types already.

I am not feeling Lucario's Dark Pulse, it would be able to deal with Psychic and Ghosts sure but you have Palossand and Mandibuzz for Ghosts and Palossand, Mandibuzz and Scolipede for Psychics

My suggestion would be changing Dark Pulse for Nasty Plot
Also change Steadfast to Inner Focus, Lucario is already decently fast and it already has priority in Vacuum Wave, but it's fragile and needs as many turns as possible to attack. Inner Focus prevents Fake Out from making it flinch giving it an extra turn to do damage or set up a Nasty Plot

Another issue you face is hazards, true Mandibuzz can keep the field clean but you have to ask if hazards really affect you much, only Scolipede doesn't like SR but the rest of your team doesn't mind it at all (excluding Mandibuzz)
Plus you have your own SR you risk taking away.
Building on that your team can't counter Fighting types, Water or dual Grass-types specifically Grass/Poison.
I suggest swapping Mandibuzz for a Pokemon like Alakazam or M-Alakazam
It works well with sand thanks to Magic Guard, counters Fighting types and Grass/Poison types
And you can even threaten Ghosts which your team also might struggle again (Palossand is your only option and it's very slow, while Alakazam can offer a super fast super strong Shadow Ball option)

Finally last point, trade Palossand's Stockpile for Giga Drain

UB3RN00B

UB3RN00B
I need help with the movesets to cover everything but I do know I will be trying very hard to get the Kangashkanite to make him my mega with power-up punch being one of his moves so please if you can help me with movesets please include that in his, hold items and anything else but remember its just an ingame team so IV's, EV's and Natures dont matter MUCH to me. Here is the team and I don't want to change any of it really just need help for the last pokemon to use in my team!

Ariados

Blissey

Cloyster(skill link ability): Icicle Spear, help with rest? cant get rock blast without breeding and dont feel like it this time around unless its neccessary

Kangaskhan / Kangaskhanite with power up punch

Mimiku

I don't want to change my team, I really like what its made up of I just need help with the last pokemon on my team...and if I was to breed for rock blast on my cloyster which pokemon would be easier to catch to breed shellder with?

Please help me, it would be amazing!

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I need help with the movesets to cover everything but I do know I will be trying very hard to get the Kangashkanite to make him my mega with power-up punch being one of his moves so please if you can help me with movesets please include that in his, hold items and anything else but remember its just an ingame team so IV's, EV's and Natures dont matter MUCH to me. Here is the team and I don't want to change any of it really....

Kangaskhan / Kangaskhanite with power up punch

Kangaskhan can't legally learn Power-Up Punch outside of XYORAS so if you wanted to use it you'd have to get one from those games and send it through Bank. Also, Kangaskhanite is only available in the post game and, even if you got one through a trade, you wouldn't be able to mega evolve anyway as the Key Stone isn't given to you until the post game either.

UB3RN00B

UB3RN00B
Is kangaskhan still usable? I really like that mon, but I just need to figure out a good team setup before i start my game, was thinking about toucannon for my empty as well, looks nice and has good coverage i guess....

xXsolarslayerXx

I need a competitive team

Hi I am trying to get into competitive for the first time but I don't really know how to make a team Ik about ev's and iv's but natures coupled with move set and items are what confuse me. So in summary I just need help. These are the Pokemon that I have
Pokemon
Milotic
Garchomp
Lucario
Decidueye
Greninja (battle bond or not)
Haxorous
Aegislash
Blastoise
Charizard
Venasaur
Machamp