• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Cobalt (doubles)

Gannondorf929

Dragon Master
my friend and I came up with this team, and i wanted to use it competitively .
so, here goes:

Cobalion @ ?
justified
jolly
252 atk/252 spe/4 def
~substitute
~sacred sword (close combat?)
~iron head
~rock polish/stealth rock
this is my lead; my main poke. its ability makes use of my next pokemon's beat up to increase its atk 4 stages in one turn, at the cost of virtually no health (4x resist dark).substitute, rock polish if needed, then hack away with the stab of my choice, taking them down hard.

Weavile@choice scarf
pressure
jolly
252 spe/252 spatk/ 4 hp
~beat up
~dont care
~dont care
~dont care
this is a suicide poke., its only job is to quickly set up 1 or two beat ups (depending on the amount of pokemon allowed in the tournament), and then it has served its purpose.

shuckle@lefties
sturdy
impish
252 def/ 252 spdef/ 4 hp
~Power trick
~rock slide
~power split
~guard split
the idea is that he comes in next after weavile dies, and before cobal's sub is broken. he uses either guard split on cobal(if cobals sub is almost dead), or power split on the opponent (if cobalt is still on with sub) IF hes still alive, he can use power trick and then rock slide with potentially the most attack in the game.

Vaporeon@ absorb bulb
water absorb
bold
224 def/ 248 hp/ 36 spdef
~wish
~protect
~surf
~toxic
standard special wall/support. i was thinking about jellicent, but i favoured vaporeon for its hp. absorb bulb is essential, as it both increases spatk and hp with a quick surf from...

Hydreigon@ focus sash
levitate
jolly
252 spatk/ 252 spe/ 4 hp
~draco meteor
~flamethrower
~surf
~???
the fabled revenge killer. if my cobalt dies, then he can take out possible aggressors, such as salamence, excadrill, chandelure, etc.surf especially, if hes out with vapor, then i like to use that to restore her hp/raise spatk.

and i dont have a last one. i would very much appreciate the help.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Cobalion is completely and totally outclassed by Terrakion. I assume you choose Cobalion for his 4x resistance to Dark, but the difference in Atk. is too great to ignore. He can do everything Cobalion can do but better. Use Whimsicott instead of Weavile for Beat Up, because Whimsicott has really sucky attack. I notice you use the word "tournament" in this several times, and do you realize that only Unova pokemon are allowed in the 2011 Video Game (Pokemon) Championships?