• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Commando

Skarm™

Light It Up
So, I was sick and tired of my loss streak, because I'm not that good of a battler and I want to get better, much better, so I created a new team that has been working out OK. I wanted to see your thoughts.​

Here's my current ranking:​

±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 8428/106739 [1104 points]!​

639.gif

Terrakion (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat​

Breloom used to occupy this spot, but things got complicated. It simply isn't fast enough to do it's thing. So I tried a ShellPass Smeargle, but it's also a hit or miss, especially with those Rocks and other entry hazards and priority moves. And I don't have the room for a spinner, so I decided to use Terrakion. It's a dedicated Pokemon, is super-annoying for the opponent, and works for me. It covers my fighting type move abscence, and it just does a great job sweeping and doing it's thing. It also has a chance to get a Sub in and set up with Swords Dance so it can do an even greater job of sweeping, especially those annoying Skarmories. After one Swords Dance, Close Combat OHKO's them.​

479-wash.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split​

Ah yes, the infamous Rotom-W. It's no mystery why, its awesome. Bulky Set, with Volt Switch for a VoltTurn combo. Um, there's not much to say about Rotom-W. It makes a great VoltTurn combo I guess. It can handle a wide variety of threats, and not many teams carry a grass attacking move, so it's usually safe where it is. Also, the 32 SpAtk EV's are for that Volt Switch or Hydro Pump that you know couldn't have killed the opponent's Pokemon with out 'em.​

645.gif

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge​

Landorus is here for one reason and one reason only. Ok, maybe two. One is to try and sweep as devastatingly as possible, and two is to continue my VoltTurn combo with Rotom-W and Jirachi. Pretty simple if you think about it.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- U-turn​

Yes, Jirachi looks weird, and I'm wondering why I even put these moves, lol. The punches are for those annoying Dragons like Latios and Dragonite that have Fire moves that can threaten Jirachi. So I jsut outspeed them with my Scarf and hit them with an Ice Punch. It completes my VoltTurn combo and actually became the star of my team, mainly because it gets so much coverage.​

485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar​

Heatran is here to take Outrages that the rest of the team can't take, and to try and to do other stuff. It can set up SR, then using Roar to let the opponent take some damage, while it can gain an HP boost from it's Leftovers. Although without Toxic now, Protect is useless, so what can I drop it for?​

380.gif

Latias (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse​

Latias is amazing. Pure awesomeness. It can set up with Calm Mind and Substitute, then proceed to sweep like a boss! Even thougb it has inferior SpAtk compared to it's brother, it can tank hits way better!​

Well there's my team! Here's an exportable version if you wish to test it out:​

HTML:
Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Heatran (M) @ Shed Shell
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Roar

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute[/CENTER]

Last edited:
Hey, nice team you have here! Synergy wise, this is actually pretty good. Probably not much actually 6-0s you completely, but I do see a few problems that could use a fix.

Rain-boosted Water attacks really do a number to your team. Scarf Keldeo in particular can just spam Hydro Pump in the Rain and 2HKO everything after Stealth Rock. Other Surf/Hydro Pump spammers like Vaporeon and Starmie seem similarly dangerous.

DD Mence can be troublesome as well. If you don't win the speed tie with Jirachi, you might be 6-0'd. Everything bar Heatran is OHKOd by a +1 Life Orb Outrage after Stealth Rock, and even Heatran is 2HKOd.

SubDisable Gengar is a real pain for your team to face. Most of your Pokemon only one move to hit it with that isn't U-turn/Volt Switch, and the one that has more, Latios, is threatened by a super-effective STAB Shadow Ball.

Ice Punch Conkeldurr looks like it could be a real pain. Latios fails to OHKO with Psyshock if it gets a Bulk Up, and it easily OHKOs back with Ice Punch. Past that, I'm not really seeing much that you can do to it.

HP Ground Volcarona may 6-0 you. Even Rotom-W is OHKOd by a +1 Bug Buzz after Stealth Rock, OHKOd easily without SR if the opponent is running a Life Orb.

Terrakion could be really hard to play around. Currently, everything is 1-2HKOd by a CB Stone Edge or Close Combat. Landorus-T is your best bet against it, but it's taking a ton of damage from Stone Edge.

SD Lucario can do a lot of damage to your team before going down. You do have it checked somewhat with Jirachi, though.

Now for a few small changes that might help. First, I recommend you run and Adamant Life Orb Technician Breloom with Bullet Seed > Seed Bomb and Mach Punch > Drain Punch. Technician Breloom outclassed Poison Heal Breloom as a Swords Dance user in almost every way. Plus, this will give you a little priority to check random threats like Terrakion, Lucario (somewhat), and random Fighting-neutral Choice Scarf users. Having Bullet Seed can also help against Gengar somewhat, since you can take a hit and break its Sub, hitting it after it's broken. Bullet Seed is just strong enough with an Adamant nature and a Life Orb to always break Gengar's Sub, while doing about 30% maximum with each consecutive hit, a possible KO through Sub. This will also leave Gengar weakened for a revenge kill by Jirachi or something.

For the next change, I recommend you change Rotom-W to a Calm 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef spread. This will allow you to better tank random Water attacks in Rain. For example, Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump in the Rain goes from a 2HKO to a possible 4HKO. You can also take a hit from Volcarona much more easily and OHKO with Hydro Pump after SR. Not to mention that this spread makes you a little more resistant against Gengar.

For Landorus-T, I recommend that you change his spread to 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd with either an Impish or Jolly nature. Impish will soften attacks just a little more, while Jolly lets you beat all forms of Lucario and other base 90s. This will also make you more resistant against Terrakion and Salamence. You can survive even a 2HKO from CB Terrakion without SR while firing back with Earthquake. You also survive +1 LO Mence's Outrage even after SR while OHKOing with Stone Edge after your own SR.

You could try Thunderpunch > Fire Punch on Jirachi, which will let your check a wide variety of Water spammers in Rain, such as Keldeo and Starmie. However, Fire Punch is also useful in letting you check things like Lucario and SD Scizor (also somewhat dangerous), so you might want to play around with that and see what works. In addition, I do recommend you run Trick > U-turn to help against Conkeldurr. If you Trick a Scarf onto Conkeldurr, it becomes almost completely non-threatening since 75 base power attacks without the ability to boost are very underwhelming.

Just a few things that might help. Good luck with your team! ^_^

Klaus™

Banned
hey skam. nice team. i would recommend to put shed shell on heatran, as you seem a little genesect+dugtrio weak. genesect has the potential to 2hko your entire team, and i believe it'll survive a non-boosted hydro pump, but dont quote me on that, so it can at least 3hko rotom-w. dugtrio takes care of everything else.

hope this small rate helps. jesusfreak kinda already said everything :p

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
Half your team is weak to ice type.The only poke that takes care of them is heatran.And if heatran is down you will lose badly to Ice types.So yah your really weak to ice type Pokemon.

Nah, he's got Rotom-W and Jirachi to take Ice-type attacks too. Most common Ice types are checked or countered pretty well by one or both of them. Kyurem could be troublesome, but Rotom-W still resists the common Ice/Ground setup, and Jirachi keeps many variants under significant pressure with Scarf Iron Head and occasional flinches.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Thanks for the rates guys ill test them out as Soon as I get home.

Klaus™

Banned
a little more background knowledge on my rate:

what you do is, you switch in on genesect, wall it cold, and they would switch to dugtrio(most common on sun teams, btw). you protect to scout, then if they eq, you switch to lando-t. u-turn out, and switch the momentum from him to you. :)

Skarm™

Light It Up
a little more background knowledge on my rate:

what you do is, you switch in on genesect, wall it cold, and they would switch to dugtrio(most common on sun teams, btw). you protect to scout, then if they eq, you switch to lando-t. u-turn out, and switch the momentum from him to you. :)

Thanks, but I won't get a good chance to test it out if it's rare that im going to have to face a team exactly like that.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
So, I was sick and tired of my loss streak, because I'm not that good of a battler and I want to get better, much better, so I created a new team that has been working out OK. I wanted to see your thoughts.

286.gif

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Here's my concern with Breloom. It's a hit or miss with it. Either you can sweep your opponent to death, or it faints in a second. Both have happened to me multiple times, mostly fainting in a second. It's the Standard Spore set, but with a twist. Yes, I have Spore and all, but it's also a Technician set. With Bullet Seed for those annoying Substitutes, and Mach Punch for those pestering faster Pokemon

Looks good. For fun, you could try:
Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ Spore
~ Substitute
~ Drain Punch/ Focus Punch
~ Seed Bomb / Stone Edge / Facade / ThunderPunch

It's a hilarious set which drives many people. And it has a lot of options too. But unless you're running SE or T-Punch, you're walled by Ghost. Especially Gengar.

479-wash.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ah yes, the infamous Rotom-W. It's no mystery why, its awesome. Bulky Set, with Volt Switch for a VoltTurn combo. Um, there's not much to say about Rotom-W. It makes a great VoltTurn combo I guess. It can handle a wide variety of threats, and not many teams carry a grass attacking move, so it's usually safe where it is. Also, the 32 SpAtk EV's are for that Volt Switch or Hydro Pump that you know couldn't have killed the opponent's Pokemon with out 'em.

Nothing to say here

645-therian.gif

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Landorus-T is here for one reason and one reason only. Ok, maybe two. One is to set up Stelath Rock, the second is to make a VoltTurn combo and possibly take something out with Earthquake or Stone Edge. Again, the 32 Atk EV's are for crucial moments when you need them, maybe I should max Spe EV's and take out HP EV's or something.

I love this guy. His speed stat is a let down, and his is the least seen of the Therians, but he is probably the best. The reason he's the best is because of his movepool. He has a movepool that Thunderus dreams of. Tornadus just tries to forget about this guy, and hope he doesn't have Rock Polish and Stone Edge. I see what you're trying to do with him, and if it works out, great. But if he isn;t acompilish what you want, or you don't find him needed for his skills, let me know, and I'll get you some better sets or pokemon.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Yes, Jirachi looks weird, and I'm wondering why I even put these moves, lol. The punches are for those annoying Dragons like Latios and Dragonite that have Fire moves that can threaten Jirachi. So I jsut outspeed them with my Scarf and hit them with an Ice Punch.

You man, just found the best Jirachi set. in my opinion. I myself use this and it works. Bulky Waters love this guy though. If you see a Bulky Water, hit U-Turn. And that's my advice.

485.gif

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

Heatran is here to take Outrages that the rest of the team can't take, and to try and to do other stuff. It can stall with Toxic/Protect, or it can scout with Roar while taking hits. It actually does quite a good job.

Shed Shell. It beats leftovers most of the time on a team like this.You don't want to be stuck with a Dugtrio in and you down a Pokemon. I could edit a bit to allow you for more freedom on other pokemon, but don't feel like it right mow. if you want me to, just ask.

381.gif

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Psyshock

Latios is amazing. Pure awesomeness. It can sweep with Draco Meteor if needed, or just fire away with the rest of it's moves and gain back health lost with it's Life Orb with Recover. It has amazing coverage and can handle some threats. What I really need to worry about with Latios is Tyranitar. So I'm trying to work on that. I'm going to try a Choice Latios to see how it works out.

Latios. Love it. My only thought would be to consider HP Fire over Recover and then Expert Belt for an item. Otherwise, you're good.

There's my two cents in bold.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Thanks cool, and I'll change it to Shed Shell as soon as I get on my computer with PO, and I'll test out the other changes too. And actually, I was kinda feeling let down about Landorus. As for Breloom, I had almost that exact same set, and this works much better. That Jirachi set was actually homemade, until I found out that other people use it. Latios, I had HP [Fire] but Recover lets it stay in for a much longer period of time. I'll change it to HP [Fire] if i decide to use a Choice set though. Thanks cool!

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Thanks cool, and I'll change it to Shed Shell as soon as I get on my computer with PO, and I'll test out the other changes too. And actually, I was kinda feeling let down about Landorus. As for Breloom, I had almost that exact same set, and this works much better. That Jirachi set was actually homemade, until I found out that other people use it. Latios, I had HP [Fire] but Recover lets it stay in for a much longer period of time. I'll change it to HP [Fire] if i decide to use a Choice set though. Thanks cool!

Yeah no problem. If you let me edit your team let I did with one of your teams (Remember? The Sandstorm one?), I could post what I come up with.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Ok, well I'm going to be gone for a week so ill test everything when I get back.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Hey there.

My Breloom usually uses max HP instead of max Speed since just like your it packs Mach Punch. It also helps with the durability of Substitute.

Heatran may be better at setting up Rocks than Landorus-T for it's slightly better Bulk. If you decide to put Rocks on Heatran , Roc Polish is your best bet on Landorus-T since it has pretty avarage Speed and you're running a Bulky EV Spread.

Cool Team. Moxie Mence weak though.

Skarm™

Light It Up
+Updated the OP. I have problems with boosting dragons and such.

Klaus™

Banned
to help with your dragon weakness, try going naive on Landorus, and HP [ICE] over Brick Break. brick break really doesnt hit much, and hp ice can revenge kill/outright ko any dragon. landorus outspeeds all boosted +1 dragons, as lati@s and garchomp dont get any boosting move(speed wise). even still, you ohko chomps without yache berry, and revenge kill weakened lati@s. hope this small change helps :)

like i did on smogon, and here earlier, shed shell on heatran. the lefties recovery isn't missed. instead, go resttalk set on heatran.

(Fire your guns)Heatran @Shed shell
- Flash Fire -
Calm
248 hp/ 252 SpD/ 8 speed
- Rest
- Sleep talk
- Earth power/Toxic
- Lava plume

play around with the evs if you want. toxic is filler, for stuff like rotom-w, etc.

Terrakion needs a band. save him for hole punching and late game sweeping.

lastly, trick on rachi>u-turn

Skarm™

Light It Up
I shall test it out tomorrow when i get my computer.