• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Don Henley Must Die (OU semi-heavy offense team)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Heya there! After abandoning my Gravity team temporarily, I revisited one of my old OU semi-hyper offense teams. I've had some great success with this team before, but I felt I could do better. I tore apart half my team's offensive core, changed a few sets, and added a Latios (What could go wrong with Latios?), and here's the finished result.

645-therian.gif
106.gif
091.gif
485.gif
579.gif
642-therian.gif

The first change I made was to swap out Cloyster, who simpy wasn't pulling his weight, for Starmie, a great spinner and a potent offensive threat.
645-therian.gif
106.gif
121.gif
485.gif
579.gif
642-therian.gif

Now, Hitmonlee. As amazingly amazing as he was, he simply left too many gaps in my team, especially to priority users. At first, I tried Conkeldurr...

645-therian.gif
534.gif
121.gif
485.gif
579.gif
642-therian.gif

... But he simply didn't work. 2 slow Pokemon on an offensive team is just... No. So, I got rid of him for a more reliable priority user, Scizor.
645-therian.gif
212.gif
121.gif
485.gif
579.gif
642-therian.gif

Okay, so that's all set. Now begins my endless search for a reliable revengekiller. As you can see, I'm already really weak to SpecsToed and Keldeo, so whatever it is needs to be able to outspeed both and KO with a strong Electric attack. The first thing I turned to was Azelf...
645-therian.gif
212.gif
121.gif
485.gif
579.gif
482.gif

... But Azelf can't OHKO, or take a hit. So obviously he's not the right answer. The next thing I tried was Gengar...
645-therian.gif
212.gif
121.gif
485.gif
579.gif
094.gif

... But he faces the same problems as Azelf. To be honest I don't know what I was thinking here. Finally, a friend of mine recommended a Lati. I chose Latios, for a powerful Thunder, Draco Meteor, and Psyshock.
645-therian.gif
212.gif
121.gif
485.gif
579.gif
381.gif

Latios is as close to perfect as I've gotten so far. So, that's the team, feel free to rate and stuff.
[video=youtube;Wm-o7_VVAoU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm-o7_VVAoU[/video]

645-therian.gif

Landorus-T @
yacheberry.png

Jolly - Intimidate
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-U-Turn

Landorus-T opens my team as an amazingly sturdy lead. I chose Landorus-T because he's a very reliable Stealth Rock setter, a check to physical sweepers, and brings some serious offensive prowess with that base 145 Attack backed by EdgeQuake. Earthquake is a STAB attack that deals pretty damn good damage to things that don't resist it. Stone Edge is for stuff that DOES resist it. U-Turn gains momentum and is great for bluffing a Scarf set. I use Yache Berry because it lets him beat certain things like Jolteon and Thundurus-T, and still lets him bluff a Scarf against most threats. Not really much else to say here.

212.gif

Scizor @
expertbelt.png

Adamant - Technician
252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
-BULLET PAWNCH
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Brick Break

BluffBand Scizor brings some reliable priority and a great overall Pokemon to my team. Bullet Punch is pretty self-explanatory, perhaps the best priority move in the game bar ExtremeKiller's Extremespeed. While it lacks some of the power of his Band set, it more than makes up for it with surprise KOs. So many times have I Pursuit killed a Ghost, only to have them send in a Tyranitar, who gets raped by U-Turn. Brick Break is used over Superpower after I repeatedly lost matches to teams with dual screeners, and besides, I don't care about OHKOing Heatran, and I can U-Turn in Magnezone's face straight into Landorus-T or Heatran. I just wish it got a Technician boost, though.

121.gif

Starmie @
choicespecs.png

Timid - Natural Cure
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin
-Trick

TrickSpecs Starmie is definitely one of my new favourite Pokemon. Unlike standard Starmie, it packs an extremely powerful Surf that 2HKOs things like Sp. Def Tyranitar and can OHKO Skarm after Stealth Rocks. Thunderbolt because I have trouble with bulky Water types, so he provides me with some cushion for that. Rapid Spin lets him Spin if he absolutely has to, but my team isn't very weak to Hazards, so he actually normally kills something instead of Spinning. Trick is the crux of the set. It crippes so many common Starmie switchins, like Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Blissey, etc. It also lets me **** on a set-up sweeper if I have to, since I have no phazers. All in all, this is one Pokemon who's non-negotiable.

485.gif

Heatran @
airballoon.png

Timid - Flash Fire
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flame Charge

If you've seen any of my other RMTs you probably know this set. It's such an underrated yet amazing threat. Nobody ever expects it. Think you can take it out with Alakazam? Infernape? Gengar? Think again. After a single Flame Charge he outspeeds everything up to Jolteon. After that, he's free to blow stuff away with Fire Blast. Things like opposing Heatran and Terrakion die to Earth Power. Hidden Power (Ice) is to **** Dragons over, and Flame Charge is the crux of the set.

381.gif

Latios @
choicescarf.png

Timid - Levitate
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Thunder
-Psyshock
-Hidden Power (Fire)

Latios is amazing. Usually it runs Specs or Life Orb, but I need a reliable answer to things like Scarf Keldeo, so I run Scarf. Thunder smacks the **** out of Politoed, Jellicent, Vaporeon, etc, and Psyshock is for things like Keldeo, Terrakion, Conkeldurr, and whatnot. Draco Meteor is a stupidly powerful STAB that pretty much guarantees something dies. Hidden Power (Fire) is solely for Scizor.

579.gif

Reuniclus @
flameorb.png

Bold - Magic Guard
252 Def, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Atk
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind
-Recover

My Calm Mind sweeper. Reuniclus fulfills several roles on my team. For one, he's bulky as ****, and after a couple Calm Minds can take almost anything thrown his way. After a few Calm Mind boosts, he can sweep with Psyshock and Focus Blast. Recover keeps him going as long as possible. I'm using Flame Orb because I want him to be able to absorb Sleep, and not be shut down by **** like Breloom and Venusaur. It also discourages things like Jirachi from Tricking him. This guy is solely responsible for most games where I lose half my team then make a comeback and sweep the opposition.

Okay, so that's it. Maybe later I'll post a threat list and battle logs and stuff, but for now that's everything. If you see any major problems, feel free to point them out (Yes, I can see I'm weak to bulky Waters. Rotom-W sucks.). Kthnxbai.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
This is a very good team, I thought I'd reply as this RMT deserves replies (lol). I've been thinking about weak spots in your team for a while now, and the only one I have atm is Agility Thundy T in rain, but well, there are not much teams out there that can handle it well at +2.

Your sometimes odd item choices work well, I think, but I guess that when you lose battles, it's because of too much residual damage. Nothing on your team carries leftovers, which means hazards and voltturns and **** add up quickly. I'd give Lando T lefties, as yache berry doesn't come in handy too often, methinks. Or, seeing the evs, give it a life orb to hit a lot harder.

So, i'm sorry I could add more, but this is just a very solid team. Also kudos to the original sets, especially the reuniclus as one of the best breloom counters in the game, and the starmie set for just being strong. Oh, now that I see the Starmie, consider running Analytic. While Starmie isn't going to hit second often, Analytic boosts the power of moves if the opponent switches, which makes surf extremely powerful. Natural cure's good too, though. Your choice.

Anyway, gl with your team!

McDanger

Ugh finally a decent team

As treekotrainer said, its fairly solid, and as you said, bulky waters mess you up.

For whatever reason, reuniclus feels out of place to me, aside from CMing i`m finding a hard time seeing what he does, as latios checks breloom, while starmie can force it out, while landorus, scizor and heatran pressure it, I would say switch reuniclus for your own breloom as it helps with bulky waters, as well as gives a back up priority, all around heavy hitter, and i feel your team would appreciate the fighting stab.

Also, try analytic on starmie as speced starmie forces a lot of switches, thus it gets the analytic boost, so it does massive damage. I would also consider ice beam> rapid spin as a way to check garchomp who is a big threat once latios is dead

breloom@toxic orb
adamant
252attack/252 speed/4hp
-spore
-focus punch
-seed bomb
-mach punch/low sweep

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Ugh finally a decent team

As treekotrainer said, its fairly solid, and as you said, bulky waters mess you up.

For whatever reason, reuniclus feels out of place to me, aside from CMing i`m finding a hard time seeing what he does, as latios checks breloom, while starmie can force it out, while landorus, scizor and heatran pressure it, I would say switch reuniclus for your own breloom as it helps with bulky waters, as well as gives a back up priority, all around heavy hitter, and i feel your team would appreciate the fighting stab.

Also, try analytic on starmie as speced starmie forces a lot of switches, thus it gets the analytic boost, so it does massive damage. I would also consider ice beam> rapid spin as a way to check garchomp who is a big threat once latios is dead

breloom@toxic orb
adamant
252attack/252 speed/4hp
-spore
-focus punch
-seed bomb
-mach punch/low sweep

Pretty much what Mcdanger said, except I'd use a Breloom set more like this:

breloom@Fighting Gem
adamant/jolly
252attack/252 speed/4hp
-spore
-focus punch
-bullet seed
-mach punch

This will let you just nail anything that tries to switch in, and your team definitely likes a weakened Latias/Landorus

[Kingdra]

Maybe you could benefit from adding an Espeon somewhere to help combat things like status and entry hazards (you might not always get the chance to Rapid Spin and that can end up costing you), because as is you have no leftovers recovery anywhere and with the general lack of bulk those things will add up quickly.