• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Enchanted Garden

Should we use shop points for Artwork requests in the clan?

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Name: Izayoi
PO/PS/Wifi/Both: 2208-5713-4190 / Chibizayoi
Joining the Guild Date: 11/20/2013
Favorite Water/Grass/Fairy: Vaporeon/Leafeon/Sylveon
what division you like: Fairy

Welcome to the Guild!!! :D
Hope you enjoy your stay~ ;3

Uhh Teese don't double post :V

Anyway my friend got a shiny zigzagoon while he was playingthru X for the 4th time

LUCKY!!! xD Great shiny! Tell your friend I said Congratiez~ ;3

*arms self*

Now online.

Lol welcome back to the online world! xD

-----

Hi everyone~*
I got sick! Dx Last day of vacation, and I get sick.. v~v' Better than in the being of the vacation tho.
Hope everyone is well. :) Gl on your Pokemon challenges that come your way~
Have a great day~ ;3

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
Yeah he was trying to get shiny Chespin by saving receiving checking then restarting after 20 something times he told me he got bored and went screw it he then got pokeballs started training 2nd Pokemon he found was the shiny he wanted a fletchling though but that zigzagoon has the worst stats in the damn world bad nature I checked the IVs for him it is terrible it has a nature that ups SpD but lowers Speed which is just terrible anyway guys Im going to start mming for a shiny Deino cause I have Jpn 1 and yeah also I have a JPN Ditto so i can have a better chance to hatch shinnies so yeha tonight I am going to start trying to get a shiny Deino after words a shiny eevee cause I have a french 1 and thne the starters Froakie Fenniken then Chespin and then after words whatever i get ill take and yeah.

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
You talk like its such a piece of cake to get shinies xD even in MM chances are still fairly low :p

Who here is using the newly Shiny program?

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-x-and-y-c..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

It works with PIDD of yours and will find someone who als has the programm with an certain PIDD that matches the Shiny PIDD of your Egg resulting it to hatch by the other
as an Shiny mon.

Atleast's thats what I understand from it..might be wrong but dont really care.

I do wonder why always stuff likes this comes up with pokemon games, first it was RNG and PokeSave what ruined the fun for Fair players and now its this.
(RNG is still debateable for some for it being hax or not, despite GameFreak announced it as legal)

So, any comments or expercience on this program?

Last edited:

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Ugh, I have finally started breeding for a shiny male Fennekin, only done about 90 eggs so far, I need a male one but knowing my luck it will take me like 10,000 eggs and it will end up being female xD
Can't wait until pokebank starts up so we can complete the dex and get the shiny charm :p

[Mega Latios is Dragon/Psychic with the ability Adaptability (Stats: 80/110/80/180/110/140)
Mega Latias is Dragon/Fairy with the ability Multiscale (Stats: 80/80/110/110/180/140)]

oh
my
god

RoySceptile

Bakaner
You talk like its such a piece of cake to get shinies xD even in MM chances are still fairly low :p

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-x-and-y-c..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

It works with PIDD of yours and will find someone who als has the programm with an certain PIDD that matches the Shiny PIDD of your Egg resulting it to hatch by the other
as an Shiny mon.

I do wonder why always stuff likes this comes up with pokemon games, first it was RNG and PokeSave what ruined the fun for Fair players and now its this.
(RNG is still debateable for some for it being hax or not, despite GameFreak announced it as legal)

Not gonna say it's wrong, because it isn't, but I personally don't like it. Not into this whole number PIDD X205-CF2AX3 stuff.

On the other hand, people who wanted their Poke with good IVs and shiny variation will have an easier time, so it does help them.

[Mega Latios is Dragon/Psychic with the ability Adaptability (Stats: 80/110/80/180/110/140)
Mega Latias is Dragon/Fairy with the ability Multiscale (Stats: 80/80/110/110/180/140)]

oh
my
god

Agreed.

Last edited:

Myrrh

as an Shiny mon.

I'm going to try to do this since I found out my router has some Ethernet ports and I found an extra cable. You're pretty much right, except that it's a Shiny Value that is involved, all that has to happen is the Shiny Value of the Egg has to match the unique Shiny Value of the player (unique like how ID and SID are given to players).

How does it ruin the fun for "fair" players?

Zachmac

Lots of people feel like the only way to play the game is the way the producers made it, and many also feel that shinies are only valuable due to their rarity.

I know from experiance that a pokemon with x/25/x/x/x/31 can hold it's own against an RNGed pokemon(though I've been breeding for even better IVs since then), so I don't really care much if my foe uses and RNGed pokemon, so I think people make it out to be a bigger deal then it is.

As far as the value of shinies goes, though, I also think it's true the reason shinies are so valuable is because they're rare. But I don't think people should be upset if other people are get ones easily - they should just do as I do and not acknowledge them as any more valuable. I treat an RNGed shiny no different then any other RNGed pokemon. And even then, if it doesn't hold value to me, I just don't use it.

...I better stop before I go into a full-blown rant.

oh
my
god
Source, please?

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

yeah most people think rng is a game breaking hack which is horrible and most people don't like it :/ that is why most people don't like rnging that is all which they think its a cheap way to get shinies with good ivs and zachmac does make alot of points and veiws of the side of what a person that doesn't rng but does know but chooses not too cuaz of how they feel...its fine to discuss just keep it civil please also if you guys want please continue this on the xat that would be a better place to talk about it XD I just feel this may need to go to the xat chat for continuing disccusion freely...

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
meanwhile im here still getting to the 2nd gym in pokemon x. It really doesnt make a difference imo about Rnging. you have just as much ways to do that as them and/or trade for them .

RefreezePR

Just trying to help
meanwhile im here still getting to the 2nd gym in pokemon x. It really doesnt make a difference imo about Rnging. you have just as much ways to do that as them and/or trade for them .

Well Saph if you want walkthroughs on the gyms, bosses, and legendaries I know someone in this guild with a really cool clickable Etrian Odyssey banner that takes you to their playlist of those walkthrough videos with included movelists and counters for each of them (Chew) The one thing is that they're never active on the thread, because they usually fool around on the xat :$

Shameless self-promotion aside, welcome to the guild new people! If you go onto the xat and you hear a bodiless female voice say "Hi there" don't freak out, that's just how DK greets people. Also don't expect to see me there anytime soon because I recently died and I'm still waiting for a cleric with resurrection to come by

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
So refreeze you need a cleric huh well I'm not 1. Anyway what would be a good nature for a hydreigon?

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I'm going to include a caveat in this post. Since I just want to get my view point out, I am going to try and prove my point. I just want to get it out there. You can VM me if you want to discuss it further, whether you think I am wrong or right. This can very easily turn into a rant, so keep that in mind. I'm also going to contain most of this talk to 5th gen battling as RNGing isn't available in 6th gen and IV breeding is very easy to do.

Also, a note: I do not think my viewpoint is the only right viewpoint, just why I don't agree with the other side. [:

as an Shiny mon.

I personally think that this shiny checker program is just another thing to devalue shinies; however, I don't think of it as a big deal. Shiny pokemon that aren't competitive are just trophies and bragging right. I'm not saying that working hard to get shinies is useless, but that, from a competitive stand point, shininess means nothing.

This. There is no good answer to this question. Pokemon is a competitive game. If Gamefreak didn't want people battling with perfect IV pokemon, then they wouldn't have included them. This point is exemplified this gen.

Common answers to this question include: I don't want to RNG because that is not how Gamefreak intended the game to played. I can't RNG. It is cheating to use RNG'd pokemon. RNGing uses outside items to manipulate the game. RNG'd shinies take value out of shinies.

I don't want to RNG because that is not how Gamefreak intended the game to played.

First off, a competitive activity means you aim to win. If a player plays major league football for instance, he plays to win. Pokemon is a competitive game. Yes, people do play it for fun, but serious, competitive battling is played to win, hence clans/guild, tournaments and frontiers. If a player chooses to willingly not play with his/her best players, he is putting him/herself at the disadvantage. Can a player not using RNG'd pokes still win? Yes. However, just because the opponent wins the speed tie every time because the best thing the player could do on their own was to get 30 speed IVs is not unfair.

Also, Gamefreak does not dictate how the competitive scene unfolds. Do they care? Yes. However, Smogon, and other players' tier systems, ultimately decide how the players play the game. Smogon designs custom EVs based on a flawless spread. Not battling on even terms, everyone having the same IVs, would be catastrophic to the metagame and losing because a pokemon's IV wasn't one to five points higher, especially in speed, would make players rage more than hax. Playing the game "the way Gamefreak intended" would so luck based, something that Smogon and most players agree kills the fun of the game. Luck and hax are terrible ways to lose and not having a high enough IV to take/dish a hit or outspeed a pokemon would just be infuriating.

I can't RNG.

There are plenty, at least three or four in this clan alone, that can RNG and are willing to help people make teams. RNGing is pretty easy to do once someone gets the hang of it, and the people here are very willing to help people out.

It is cheating to use RNG'd pokemon.

The definition of cheating in this context is as follows: To violate rules deliberately, as in a game. This definition, feel free to give me one another, says that cheating is deliberately violating rules. What rules does RNGing violate? The "perfect pokemon do not exist" rule? How about the "Perfect pokemon are so rare that you cannot get perfect IVs and a good nature!"? No. Perfect pokemon do exist somewhere with a good nature. A rule can't exclude something from happening just because it is an extremely rare occurrence. I would even argue that using PokeSav should be legalif the pokemon created is of legal moves, nature, ability, etc. However, RNGing does not have to worry about this clause due to every pokemon that is RNG'd is legal. There is no way to create an RNG'd pokemon that does not follow the laws of the cartridge.

RNGing uses outside items to manipulate the game.

RNGing uses a timer and a program that predicts values that an algorithm spits out. How is this different from using an Everstone to manipulate what nature a pokemon that is bred will have? How is this different from using a Power item to ensure a stat will pass down? While this program was developed by an outside source, it does not change the game. In all honesty, bar Hidden Power, it actually makes the game more like the originals where a base stat was more than just a base that was manipulated by IVs or EVs, it was what the whole stat was based off. If this algorithm detector was a way to cheat, then it either one, break the algorithm to get higher IVs or two, impossible natures, such as a +HP nature. It would not just predict values to give a user, not an edge, but equality among other serious competitive battlers.

RNG'd shinies take value out of shinies.

Okay. A valid point. I agree that they do. How is this relevant though? This does not make the shiny pokemon illegal in any way. Random Encounter/MM/Radar pokemon are SO much more valuable than RNG'd shinies if shininess is the only thing a person cares about. A person who plays wifi to win will careless whether or not their pokemon are shiny; however, a person may like the alternate color more or actually values a competitive shiny pokemon more than a non-shiny competitive pokemon for any reason. The "rareness" of shinies is a whole different topic and does not account for the legality of RNGing.

Lots of people feel like the only way to play the game is the way the producers made it, and many also feel that shinies are only valuable due to their rarity.

The producers, i.e. Game Freak, made the game with IVs. This was introduced during the third generation. While Pokemon was a hit, the lack of availability made battling hard, especially competitively. This is exemplified by how rapidly the third gen, second gen, and first gen metagames grew in interest last generation due to simulator. IVs/Evs were introduced to test the waters. Fourth gen came around and competitive battling became a hit. Wireless connection made battles easy, so they were done more often and better strategies were created and metagames were formed. Thus, in fifth gen, metagames were expanded, even adding a new tier, and much more pokemon were made to be competitive, thus a power and speed creep began. Some new pokemon were made with competitive battling in mind and some oldies were revamped with new abilities and moves. While IVs were still hard to get correct, they tried with the Destiny Knot, getting 3 IVs between the pair, and Power Items. However, this was not good enough and wifi battling would have seen a much quicker and earlier recline had it not been for RNGing allowing players to play how the producers intended: on the cartridge.

I know from experiance that a pokemon with x/25/x/x/x/31 can hold it's own against an RNGed pokemon(though I've been breeding for even better IVs since then), so I don't really care much if my foe uses and RNGed pokemon, so I think people make it out to be a bigger deal then it is.

Exactly. It can. Able, willing even, however, from a competitive aspect, a user using a x/25/x/x/x/31 pokemon is willingly putting him/herself at a disadvantage. This is like a player using a Hyper Cutter Gliscor because he does not have access to the Dream World despite having friend who can easily get a Poison Heal Gliscor.

As far as the value of shinies goes, though, I also think it's true the reason shinies are so valuable is because they're rare. But I don't think people should be upset if other people are get ones easily - they should just do as I do and not acknowledge them as any more valuable. I treat an RNGed shiny no different then any other RNGed pokemon. And even then, if it doesn't hold value to me, I just don't use it.

...I better stop before I go into a full-blown rant.Source, please?

I will stop here because I'v already addressed shinies and this wouldn't really add to the competitive aspect of pokemon. And plus, rants are fun. [: I tried to do this logically an avoid "You are 100% wrong" statements, but if you want continue this conversation, just VM me.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I'm going to include a caveat in this post. Since I just want to get my view point out, I am going to try and prove my point. I just want to get it out there. You can VM me if you want to discuss it further, whether you think I am wrong or right. This can very easily turn into a rant, so keep that in mind. I'm also going to contain most of this talk to 5th gen battling as RNGing isn't available in 6th gen and IV breeding is very easy to do.

Also, a note: I do not think my viewpoint is the only right viewpoint, just why I don't agree with the other side. [:

I personally think that this shiny checker program is just another thing to devalue shinies; however, I don't think of it as a big deal. Shiny pokemon that aren't competitive are just trophies and bragging right. I'm not saying that working hard to get shinies is useless, but that, from a competitive stand point, shininess means nothing.

This. There is no good answer to this question. Pokemon is a competitive game. If Gamefreak didn't want people battling with perfect IV pokemon, then they wouldn't have included them. This point is exemplified this gen.

Common answers to this question include: I don't want to RNG because that is not how Gamefreak intended the game to played. I can't RNG. It is cheating to use RNG'd pokemon. RNGing uses outside items to manipulate the game. RNG'd shinies take value out of shinies.

I don't want to RNG because that is not how Gamefreak intended the game to played.

First off, a competitive activity means you aim to win. If a player plays major league football for instance, he plays to win. Pokemon is a competitive game. Yes, people do play it for fun, but serious, competitive battling is played to win, hence clans/guild, tournaments and frontiers. If a player chooses to willingly not play with his/her best players, he is putting him/herself at the disadvantage. Can a player not using RNG'd pokes still win? Yes. However, just because the opponent wins the speed tie every time because the best thing the player could do on their own was to get 30 speed IVs is not unfair.

Also, Gamefreak does not dictate how the competitive scene unfolds. Do they care? Yes. However, Smogon, and other players' tier systems, ultimately decide how the players play the game. Smogon designs custom EVs based on a flawless spread. Not battling on even terms, everyone having the same IVs, would be catastrophic to the metagame and losing because a pokemon's IV wasn't one to five points higher, especially in speed, would make players rage more than hax. Playing the game "the way Gamefreak intended" would so luck based, something that Smogon and most players agree kills the fun of the game. Luck and hax are terrible ways to lose and not having a high enough IV to take/dish a hit or outspeed a pokemon would just be infuriating.

I can't RNG.

There are plenty, at least three or four in this clan alone, that can RNG and are willing to help people make teams. RNGing is pretty easy to do once someone gets the hang of it, and the people here are very willing to help people out.

It is cheating to use RNG'd pokemon.

The definition of cheating in this context is as follows: To violate rules deliberately, as in a game. This definition, feel free to give me one another, says that cheating is deliberately violating rules. What rules does RNGing violate? The "perfect pokemon do not exist" rule? How about the "Perfect pokemon are so rare that you cannot get perfect IVs and a good nature!"? No. Perfect pokemon do exist somewhere with a good nature. A rule can't exclude something from happening just because it is an extremely rare occurrence. I would even argue that using PokeSav should be legalif the pokemon created is of legal moves, nature, ability, etc. However, RNGing does not have to worry about this clause due to every pokemon that is RNG'd is legal. There is no way to create an RNG'd pokemon that does not follow the laws of the cartridge.

RNGing uses outside items to manipulate the game.

RNGing uses a timer and a program that predicts values that an algorithm spits out. How is this different from using an Everstone to manipulate what nature a pokemon that is bred will have? How is this different from using a Power item to ensure a stat will pass down? While this program was developed by an outside source, it does not change the game. In all honesty, bar Hidden Power, it actually makes the game more like the originals where a base stat was more than just a base that was manipulated by IVs or EVs, it was what the whole stat was based off. If this algorithm detector was a way to cheat, then it either one, break the algorithm to get higher IVs or two, impossible natures, such as a +HP nature. It would not just predict values to give a user, not an edge, but equality among other serious competitive battlers.

RNG'd shinies take value out of shinies.

Okay. A valid point. I agree that they do. How is this relevant though? This does not make the shiny pokemon illegal in any way. Random Encounter/MM/Radar pokemon are SO much more valuable than RNG'd shinies if shininess is the only thing a person cares about. A person who plays wifi to win will careless whether or not their pokemon are shiny; however, a person may like the alternate color more or actually values a competitive shiny pokemon more than a non-shiny competitive pokemon for any reason. The "rareness" of shinies is a whole different topic and does not account for the legality of RNGing.

The producers, i.e. Game Freak, made the game with IVs. This was introduced during the third generation. While Pokemon was a hit, the lack of availability made battling hard, especially competitively. This is exemplified by how rapidly the third gen, second gen, and first gen metagames grew in interest last generation due to simulator. IVs/Evs were introduced to test the waters. Fourth gen came around and competitive battling became a hit. Wireless connection made battles easy, so they were done more often and better strategies were created and metagames were formed. Thus, in fifth gen, metagames were expanded, even adding a new tier, and much more pokemon were made to be competitive, thus a power and speed creep began. Some new pokemon were made with competitive battling in mind and some oldies were revamped with new abilities and moves. While IVs were still hard to get correct, they tried with the Destiny Knot, getting 3 IVs between the pair, and Power Items. However, this was not good enough and wifi battling would have seen a much quicker and earlier recline had it not been for RNGing allowing players to play how the producers intended: on the cartridge.

Exactly. It can. Able, willing even, however, from a competitive aspect, a user using a x/25/x/x/x/31 pokemon is willingly putting him/herself at a disadvantage. This is like a player using a Hyper Cutter Gliscor because he does not have access to the Dream World despite having friend who can easily get a Poison Heal Gliscor.

I will stop here because I'v already addressed shinies and this wouldn't really add to the competitive aspect of pokemon. And plus, rants are fun. [: I tried to do this logically an avoid "You are 100% wrong" statements, but if you want continue this conversation, just VM me.

Ok... I gotta say this...

HOLY ****!

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
I've been iv breeding goomys, and after probably a couple hundred eggs I finally got her:
Calm 31/x/31/31/31/31 with gooey ability :D

I have a couple with 31/31/31/x/31/31 if anyone's interested
I also have a lot of 4 and 3 IVs in various combos if anyone wants one. They all are calm and have the gooey ability so just ask if there's an iv combo you want. I also saved a couple 4 and 3 iv with hydration too

Zachmac

Hey, not everything I posted was my own opinion on the matter. Especially regarding RNG.

...And just because I want to save myself some embarrassment, I'll say for a second time that I don't use x/25/x/x/x/31 pokemon anymore. My next breeding project is actually going to be for a 31/x/31/31/31/x Reuniclus. I just finished my 31/x/31/x/31/x Slowbro for the RMT in my sig.

Boy, did pokemon make IVs easy in this gen. I think that crafty power item/destiny knot/everstone use is enough to throw all anti-rng debates out of the way. But I'm not going to argue about it. Most competitive players are accepting of the RNG anyway.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Hey, not everything I posted was my own opinion on the matter. Especially regarding RNG.

...And just because I want to save myself some embarrassment, I'll say for a second time that I don't use x/25/x/x/x/31 pokemon anymore. My next breeding project is actually going to be for a 31/x/31/31/31/x Reuniclus. I just finished my 31/x/31/x/31/x Slowbro for the RMT in my sig.

Boy, did pokemon make IVs easy in this gen. I think that crafty power item/destiny knot/everstone use is enough to throw all anti-rng debates out of the way. But I'm not going to argue about it. Most competitive players are accepting of the RNG anyway.
I'm sorry I it seemed like I was attacking you personally. I was shark my thought on what you said. I know some people who would agree with everything you said, so I wanted to make sure I got my opinion out on all of it.

lucarioman5

Pokegym groundleader
Hey I was wondering, if you put a power lens on a okenon and the destiny knot on another, does the power lens override the destiny knot in sp.att causing that stat to be passed on and then the other 5 at random from the parents? Or do they overlap? Also, what is the characteristic for perfect HP IVs this gen? Is it "takes plenty of siestas"?

One last thing, does anybody have a drillbur/Excadrill they could trade me, I'm currently looking for one, but I don't have a friend with a ground friend safari.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hey I was wondering, if you put a power lens on a okenon and the destiny knot on another, does the power lens override the destiny knot in sp.att causing that stat to be passed on and then the other 5 at random from the parents? Or do they overlap? Also, what is the characteristic for perfect HP IVs this gen? Is it "takes plenty of siestas"?

One last thing, does anybody have a drillbur/Excadrill they could trade me, I'm currently looking for one, but I don't have a friend with a ground friend safari.

when you use power items with the knot it does kinda change the outcomes alot which alot of times you get strange spreads best if you want to pass down use the knot last when you have 4 iv or more with everstone to get flawless mons...use the power items in the beginning unless you have a good iv parent with 5iv or more to go with it and i don't have a ground friend safari that has drillbur >.> i have everything else but it...sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.