• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Enchanted Garden

Should we use shop points for Artwork requests in the clan?

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GC7

This War Is Ours!
i think dpulse was wierd but i almost lost cause of that/ rotom he was expecting a bullet punch like everyone else and as for the cc on heracross either he thought he could take me out slash predicted the switch or i dont even...

yeah i thought especially the dpulse was weird, even more weird i think heatran was locked on choice scarf, oh well battles can be weird sometimes lol

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
dragon pulse on heatran, the guy close combats salamence, he switches in rotom to scizor, looks to me the kid didn't know what he was doing, not trying to take away from your victory but just saying what i saw,.....
Still in my opinion Terra is a joke compared to Garchomp, it's almost necessary to run something that can one hit ko him with hp ice since he'll make quick work of your dragons unless you have scarfed latios, other wise running a sun team and exchanging the all time famous hp fire on vena or lilli to hp ice would be a good idea, or you can always bring back Weavile :) i mean how many dragons and sand teams can stand to that beast?
Forever ignored Mamoswine who is miles better than Weavile

EDIT: I want to elaborate on your view of HP. Concerning Garchomp, yes a team weak to Chomp should use HP, but if we're comparing Chomp to the current meta, then HP Fire would be the preference because Fire does have nice coverage, hits a good portion of OU hard, and most importantly, 3 of the top 10 Pokemon in usage stats are X4 weak to Fire.

Last edited:

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Well, Skarmory is always a counter for Chomp, but Mamoswine should still be a solid check (How well does it switch-in to Outrage?) now that Sand Viel is not an issue. Skarm still has Magnezone problems though. I really want to try MYSTICgar again. How does he still function? Sounds good if you are paired with something like Skarm and Terrakion as it can lure out Scizor and KO, but Skarm can still take the BP if necessary.

I foresee bluff sets for Chomp being relatively common also.

DrasticPhase

Half ded
Th heatran didn't look like Scarf. By the damage with DNite, it looks like a Specs Variant. Unless you accidently didn't check off Multiscale and it was Scarf.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Well, Skarmory is always a counter for Chomp, but Mamoswine should still be a solid check (How well does it switch-in to Outrage?) now that Sand Viel is not an issue. Skarm still has Magnezone problems though. I really want to try MYSTICgar again. How does he still function? Sounds good if you are paired with something like Skarm and Terrakion as it can lure out Scizor and KO, but Skarm can still take the BP if necessary.

Ok here's my stupid question, what's MYSICgar?

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig

Skarmory is a good counter to Garchomp who lack Fire Blast. Fire Blast does a considerable amounof damage to Skarmory, Forretress, Ferrothorn, and (maybe) Genesect.

If I had to name the best overall counter to Garchomp, I'd say Bronzong. Bronzong takes Garchomp's attacks like a champ and threaten the OHKO/2HKO with HP Ice.

GC7

This War Is Ours!

i honestly never used a mamoswine but all i can say on weaviles favor it's that it's the only or one of the only pokes that can murder dragonite even with multiscale still alive

xack

So I was playing the PWT tourney on White 2 and was facing janine with my azumarill. She sent out her crobat so I decided to Ice Punch, and it survived with yellow hp, And my Azumarill has huge power and with Crobat being so fragile I have no idea how it lived but anyway, I went into the spooky house for the first time and my first encounter, shiny Solosis.

GC7

This War Is Ours!

EDIT: I want to elaborate on your view of HP. Concerning Garchomp, yes a team weak to Chomp should use HP, but if we're comparing Chomp to the current meta, then HP Fire would be the preference because Fire does have nice coverage, hits a good portion of OU hard, and most importantly, 3 of the top 10 Pokemon in usage stats are X4 weak to Fire.

yeah I agree hp fire is more important but like i said it's an option on chlorophyl users if you really are afraid of chomp, personally my pokes do use hp ice, well chlorophyl ones, also i think landorus could also do an alright job against garchomp if he manages to switch in to an earthquake he can hit back hard with hp ice himself same as thundurus-T and tornadus-T who are faster than him if i recall right,

funny battle lol I got so lucky, xD
[video]http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3137574[/video]

also if people like Hax, Exodus, TMO can comment on what you see in tis team of mine it would be cool, this is one of the teams i have been working on lately, I had dugtrio over chomp but i decided to give chomp a try, also I will be removing tickle on wobbofet and give him destiny bond perhaps, other than that maybe any suggestions on what you saw from the battle will be cool, Im currently working on sending this team to my White game but Still working on it so suggestions would be cool :)

Last edited:

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
We should totally make a team around garchomp in thread just to troll

Yellow De Viridian Grove

We should totally make a team around garchomp in thread just to troll

We are already making an Uber team as a clan.

I'll be on the Xat if anyone wants to team build with me.

Oh and MYSTICgar is:
Gengar @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid (+Spd -Atk)
Levitate
Protect
Hidden Power [Fire]
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

The main reason is that it can beat/Escape safely Scizor and TTar, but it also has other uses: MYSTICgar analysis

Beat Sapphirapwns in a rank match. I'd say Leafeon Rank. The skill is there, you just need to hone it.

Last edited:

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Metal, did even anyone sign up for the BW1 UU vs DPP OU tourney? Lol

Was about to say since the launch of B/W 2 are Definently going to delay sign-ups, I'll say this...

Starting on Monday and ending at next Sunday, you can sign-up for the BW1 UU vs DPP OU tourney (for PO people only)

For WiFi people, I was thinking of holding a standard BW 2 OU tournament, except that THERE WILL BE NO TEAM PREVIEW. Cover up your top screen during team preview and uncover them when the battle begins. Standard rules apply. Prizes will be the same as the ones in the PO tourney.

GC7

This War Is Ours!
Was about to say since the launch of B/W 2 are Definently going to delay sign-ups, I'll say this...

Starting on Monday and ending at next Sunday, you can sign-up for the BW1 UU vs DPP OU tourney (for PO people only)

For WiFi people, I was thinking of holding a standard BW 2 OU tournament, except that THERE WILL BE NO TEAM PREVIEW. Cover up your top screen during team preview and uncover them when the battle begins. Standard rules apply. Prizes will be the same as the ones in the PO tourney.

:D cool, can't wait for the Wi-Fi Tourney, although I doubt people will actually cover up their screens .-.

GC7

This War Is Ours!
I will cover up my screen. It seems fun and you really need a dedicated lead.

MACHAMP if you want murderous lead lol and yeah I would follow the rules too, makes the battle more interesting in my opinion

GC7

This War Is Ours!
probably Mamoswine with stealth rock would be a good idea, or skarmory to set up spikes, hhhmmm lots of good options if it will be no team preview,

Status
Not open for further replies.