• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Enchanted Garden

Should we use shop points for Artwork requests in the clan?

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Just beat Cynthia on Platinum. Sure, I used countless revives and hyper potions, but seeing as I only had one pokemon over level 47, I still think it was impressive.

Scyther, the one that was over 47, managed to make it to level 50 by the time I reached here, and one-shotted her Roseraid. the Dinosaur bug was invaluable.

Now to start soft resetting Dialga...
Wow o.o I had no idea Gamestops were so scarce aha. There are literally three in good distance from me that I could go to. One is only a few blocks from my house and another is at the mall near my school XP
Nah, it's just that my town doesn't even have a KFC.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Hi again guys.

I started my playthrough of pokemon pearl today. It ran pretty well, with 15 FPS while walking, and 50 FPS while battling. More than excpected. Now to bump up PO and read up on what's new about B2/W2.

http://i50.*******.com/bwvb7.png

Yellow De Viridian Grove

If Serperior did got Earth Power, it wouldn't need HP Fire. Maybe HP Ice

^ Bye </3

It would still need HP[Fire] to KO Scizor switch-ins and other Steel/Bugs and also Skarm. HP[Ice] sucks when you have DPulse as pretty much everything Ice hits, Grass+Fire hits.

^Keldeo has a fat nose. I can't stand looking at that, especially in those clips from the movie I saw.

I probably won't be able to get Meloetta...The closest gamestop to where I live is several hours of driving.Have you heard of the subseed set idea? The concept is that before it attempts to sweep, Serperior sets up substitute. This guards it from priority and scarfers. Then, when you end up against a "counter", you're able to just subseed them out of health.

It would still primarily be a sweeper, but subseeding would help it get past it's counters, at least. Blissy has so much health it'd only be a set up fodder. Priority actually isn't that much of an issue, though, since Serperior's got some good bulk.I just soft reset.
SubSeeding takes too much coverage away. You can't hit steel types and Leech Seed can miss.

It is dead stopped by bouffalant miltank and girafarig it is sucky in my opinion

Mines in the next state :/
Um. I was talking about OU. If you saw one of these in OU, I'm sure you could easily beat the player... Plus, even if they made a great team utalizing one of these, you have 5 other members of the team to handle counters.

This is why I started playing pokemon and why I still do. The thrill of making ridiculous moves in an effort to catch your opponent by surprise and always be one step ahead; it's an incredible intellectual challenge, even if I'm only halfway decent at it.
It's also why pokemon isn't just for ten year olds.

Your mom is freaking cool.

I mean, this is assuming you have a Leafstorm up. Not only does Heatran utterly wall Serperior, it destroys it in every way. Scarfed Darmanitan can probably get the KO outside of Rain, and Latias may be too bulky without the +2; by that time, it may be too late with the Calm Minds and such.
Btw, I finally caught a modest Latios in-game. God it took forever.

It more assumes that you forced something out. Base 113 speed is crazy and allows you to outspeed Keldeo and the Latis. You're mainly going to force out Water types and maybe even Scizor locked into something that isn't BP. Tran is a hard counter, but Dugtrio can trap it, and rain or a SDef Tran with EP can usually wall it nicely.

What the heck is going on with Team Sky...

It is just a fun set that I want to try out, but can't. Sadly, DW OU isn't that active on PS...

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Well poop.

The emulator lagged up like hell broke lose after I defeated pictured starly. This is appearently some jazz nintendo put in to stop people from ROM'ing their games. Means I need to find a different file. It could be that my phone can't emulate the process of gaining exp, which it generally should.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Well poop.

The emulator lagged up like hell broke lose after I defeated pictured starly. This is appearently some jazz nintendo put in to stop people from ROM'ing their games. Means I need to find a different file. It could be that my phone can't emulate the process of gaining exp, which it generally should.

You can talk about the game, just not the ROM. It isn't allowed, like your boss said. Feel free to talk about your run while it happens though :)

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
My opponent re- vm'd me yesterday and i replied 5 minutes later saying i could do it in a half-hour but he left so we should be battling today.

HetaOni

Chesaught
God I wish I had a team that wasn't built for competitive reasons but could still kick ash. >__<
I feel like competitive play is ruining my view on Pokemon, but if I don't use a competitive team I'll never get a good battling reputation. ;__;

Yellow De Viridian Grove

God I wish I had a team that wasn't built for competitive reasons but could still kick ash. >__<
I feel like competitive play is ruining my view on Pokemon, but if I don't use a competitive team I'll never get a good battling reputation. ;__;

Use new pokemon, such as UU pokemon in OU. Just try new stuff and try to make it work. It makes it fun and, if you can make something new work, it can get you noticed.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone

Aura Sensei™

User Title
A little while back I tried a SmashPass Team with Smeargle l Persian l Sawsbuck l Gligar l Haunter l Tyranitar and it was pretty fun. Choice Specs Tyranitar ftw.

HetaOni

Chesaught
How's this?

;151;
X-Scissor/Sucker Punch/Flamethrower/Hypnosis
;144;
Ice Beam/Water Pulse/Rock Smash/AncientPower
;243;
Aura Sphere/Iron Tail/Signal Beam/Thunderbolt
:639:
Focus Blast/Iron Head/Poison Jab/Earthquake
;006;
Aerial Ace/Brick Break/SolarBeam/Flamethrower
;395;
Bulldoze/Signal Beam/Waterfall/Aerial Ace

Haven't posted here for a bit :p. Anybody need anything? Is anybody on the Xat? i kind of want to go doppelganger again :p

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
anyway alright i added varion and also i added bug pro ;) also i changed up the application form for entering the clan but no worries that doesn't effect people that already applied ;) I think its much easier now to understand what system your battling with now >.<

DrasticPhase

Half ded
How's this?

;151;
;144;
;243;
;006;
;395;

Wait, I'm not really sure, but is this for competitive play?
If it is, sorry to break it for you, but it looks like an ingame team.
If you want to make it better if you don't want to change your pokemon...(If you want better advice, look at Soperman's post)

Mew: Can be a Physically defensive wall with Roost, WoW, Psychic, Filler
Articuno: You can make it have Rain Dance(Just for it's own) with Hurricane, Ice Beam, Roost, Hidden Power Fire?
Raikou: Scarfer/Specs perhaps? Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Aura Sphere, Hidden Power Ice
Terrakion: Banded or Scarf. Close Combat, Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Sacred Sword/Rock Slide/Earthquake
Charizard: Due to your lack of Physical Attackers, what about a DD/SD set? Dragon Dance/Swords Dance, Flare Blitz, Acrobatics, Earthquake
Empoleon: Specially Defensive set of Stealth Rock, Scald, Toxic, Roar.

Also, STEALTH ROCK WEAK!

I just notice I did HP Fire and RD, lol.
I only did RD if she wants to do something different.

v You explained it well, my friend.

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
I actually have no idea. I found out my second opponent couldn't battle me by checking their thread, even though I messaged him a few days before and got no response. I have also message my new opponent almost 2 days ago and still not heard anything :/
You see, that's one of the problems with clans that mostly go on PO. They never go on the thread, so unless you are on their channel or whatever all the time, you can't contact them.
It was a problem for CG.
J
Now to start soft resetting Dialga...Nah, it's just that my town doesn't even have a KFC.
I'd say that's a good thing.
How's this?

;151;
;144;
;243;
;006;
;395;
First of all, please note that none of what I say is meant to be condescending/patronizing/anything like that. It's all just to help. That being said, I do think that you should do a bit more research on competitive pokemon to understand it more, including EVs, Natures, and stats, since it looks like you haven't encountered those yet.
It's definitely a start. What about EVs and Natures? Do you have those?
Regardless, I'm going to assume you'll train them in their strengths.
Biggest thing first: one rarely ever gives a pokemon mixed sets. This means a set with both physical and special-type moves. Every single one of your pokemon does this, while none of them (except for maybe Mew) can pull it off.
Mew could go physical, so it would probably be better to stick to moves that give it the best coverage: Sucker Punch (Dark) Drain Punch (Fighting) and Zen Headbutt (Psychic). Between these three moves, you have un-resisted coverage. Hypnosis can then fit in, or you can get Shadow Claw (in case you don't trust Sucker Punch that much when you're against SubDisable Gengar or something). For EVs, try for 252 in Attack and 252 in Speed.
I've never used an Articuno before in my life, but I will tell you this: it's really bad due to its typing. Stealth Rock kills half of its health in one go, and it has too many weaknesses to be able to play off of its good Defensive stats but poor offensive stats. I wouldn't recommend using it for that reason.
Raiku should always be pure Special, bar Extremespeed, since it's a great priority move. Aura Sphere, Thunderbolt, HP Ice and Extremespeed is the best set to go with, but if you can't get the right Hidden Power type, try a different move. I can't think of one off the top of my head, but let's move on anyway.
Terrakion is pure physical power, no exceptions. Stone Edge, Close Combat, Arial Ace/X-Scissor (coverage) and usually Swords Dance. Generally an easy set for beginners since it's so easy to set up and sweep.
Charizard should go special. I really don't recommend Solarbeam, because it takes a turn to charge up and because of his many weaknesses Charizard could be dead before the next turn, or the opponent could switch out to a pokemon that resists the attack. Replace it with a STAB attack, meaning something that is the same type as Charizard. STAB essentially means you get a boost in the power of the attack if it's the same type as the user. In this case, go for Air Slash. Drop Arial Ace and Brick Break for Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Grass or Electric. Brick Break and Arial Ace don't actually bring anything helpful to Charizard, while the other two moves I recommend not only take advantage of Charizard's superior Special Attack, but also give him better coverage against things that resist Flamethrower and Air Slash.
Empoleon is an interesting pokemon, because although it has better Special Attack, it has no moves to back up the stat. So we go for a physical set, with Swords Dance to double his Attack, Aqua Jet as priority STAB, Earthquake (far better than Bulldoze) fro the power, and as I don't really know what to give it for its last attack. If you want a move to give Empoleon unresisted coverage (when paired with Earthquake), go for Rock Slide. Other than that, no idea what to put.

Status
Not open for further replies.