• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Enchanted Garden

Should we use shop points for Artwork requests in the clan?

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
yeah guys hetaoni still learning the competive play stuff so go easy on her and everyone right though heta its just help please don't be offended we all been at this place before ;)

Zachmac

On second try, I got a Modest Dialga with 30 special attack IVs. It's speed is low, but that doesn't matter much, since I'm bringing a tailwind team to the tourny.

Now I've got to catch Latias and Kyurem one White 2. Though, can someone here help me transfer my Dialga to gen 5? I use the GTS to get pokemon between Black 2, White 2 and Black, but I can't do that with gen 4.

And no, I don't have both 2 versions because I'm that obsessed, it's because my sister changed her mind on it after the pre-order.

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
yeah guys hetaoni still learning the competive play stuff so go easy on her and everyone right though heta its just help please don't be offended we all been at this place before ;)

If it amkes him feel better, I have no clue about competetive battling. I never did. Probably never will. I just battle with random pokemon... ;-;

Usatoday

Eternal God
I'm so mad at Rockstar Games. September 17th 2013. Really.
What's wrong with that date? It's my birthday. :]
I remember the time I was running a physically defensive Torterra in OU, however it wasn't that good.
Is anyone up for a flat battle? I'd like to see my new team in action.
What type of battle is this?

Also to Zachmac and Soperman, Wookie is back and ready to kick the both of you in the butt. Another side note I shall be using Piplup in OU later today that is all.

Zachmac

Also to Zachmac and Soperman, Wookie is back and ready to kick the both of you in the butt. Another side note I shall be using Piplup in OU later today that is all.
Now that I think about it, I never got to fight Wookie.

But what set are you running with the Piplup? Is it a baton pass chain receiver or something?

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere

I remember the time I was running a physically defensive Torterra in OU, however it wasn't that good.

Single or a double battle.Whichever is perferred.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
lol it makes me remember i tried to run a staraptor docile nature with a mixed team of different teirs..trust me i know how she feels hetaoni...after i learned bad anything below that teir just doesn't work XD unless im a genius team maker which im not lol

bug pro

Pearl on Phone

Who the ffff is wookie? VGC guy?

Soperman

The One and Only
God no...
Now that I think about it, I never got to fight Wookie.

But what set are you running with the Piplup? Is it a baton pass chain receiver or something?
Those two are the banes of my existence...
It's really funny tho. Voice comes up with some of the weirdest, randomest and most successful low-tiered pokemon sets I've ever seen.
Who the ffff is wookie? VGC guy?
Worse: Munchalax.

HetaOni

Chesaught
Just gonna say this now, teams with all that weather and whatnot are wayyy too predictable. And chances are, you'll run into a team almost exactly the same as yours. What happens then?
This is the reason I hate competitive battling. You can't even use your favorites anymore, just a set of Gallade or Ferrothorn or some other crazy shiz.
Is it a bad thing that I'm using this team?

Zachmac

Just gonna say this now, teams with all that weather and whatnot are wayyy too predictable. And chances are, you'll run into a team almost exactly the same as yours. What happens then?
This is the reason I hate competitive battling. You can't even use your favorites anymore, just a set of Gallade or Ferrothorn or some other crazy shiz.
Well, it's not really a good team, but if it's what you want to use, it's your decision. There is no rule saying you can't use Charizard or Articuno.

Though not all rain teams are exactly the same, especially if you're facing a skilled player, and the prediction doesn't come from the teammates used, but instead, most prediction in pokemon is about what your opponent decides to do next.

Though, in the end, no one can really decide how someone else plays. Just do what you enjoy the most in it.

VaironGod

Dunsparce>Arceus
If you enjoy and have fun with your team and don't mind losing way more battles than winning than their is nothing bad about using your team. Do whatever makes you happy :)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
If you enjoy and have fun with your team and don't mind losing way more battles than winning than their is nothing bad about using your team. Do whatever makes you happy :)

that is true but in competitive battle you need a winning team...thats all...for casual fights its fine something like a war battles is different you understand though?

DrasticPhase

Half ded
You can still use your favorites, no ones stopping you. But when you do, just know that you are in a disadvantage. also, make sets that are good enough in the OU metagame, but only half of your team is viable in the Standard OU, which is Mew, Raikou, and Terrakion. Empoleon is just outclassed as that Gyara is better offensively and Jellicent defensively, and has that nasty Fighting weakness(Fighting types are like common). Charizard I guess has a niche for Solar Power(you're not running sun and it dies too easily), but that's it, and add to that 4x weak to Stealth Rocks, pairing it up Articuno, your oppenent just wants rocks up immediatly.
As I said, no one is stopping you.

any tester do double battles? :/. i'm better at doubles than singles ;~;

Yep that tends to be how it is more or less. You have probably noticed that some of the Pokemon you liked to use ingame can not hold their ground as well in competitive. Like Arcticuno and Charizard. And having Pokemans with only attacks is not as affective as it is ingame. Basically you are gonna end up learning what to expect from certain Pokemons and learn how to deal with them. Also youre gonna learn which Pokemon are not practical in certain situations. Again like Arcticuno and Charizard who dont get nearly as much usage in competitive as others because Stealth Rocks is so common. Yes teams are predictable (To a certain extent). Prediction is part of the competitive game. After learning what to most likely expect from certain Pokemons you need to be able to predict what your opponent will do in a situation in order to win. Also I would not say it is a bad thing but if you use this team in competitive it wont do nearly as well as if it were just ingame. I mean you have two x4 Stealth Rock weaknesses and no Rapid Spin Magic Bounce or some way to deal with it. Also half of your team is weak to Ground. While you can switch into Arcticuno or Charizard to deal with that chances are Rocks will be up. Basically Arcticuno and Charizard have trouble switching in because of hazards. Basically if this team is to work well you need to improve its synergy. By like using more practical movesets for competitive play and maybe even changing some of your Pokemons for others.

Im guessing you are not familiar with a lot of movesets and what to expect in competitive and since this team is default OU I guess it cant hurt to look here and look this over and stuff: http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/ou

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.