• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!! (935)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Lysandre was cringy. "People have forgotten to share... When people don't share, they steal from each other..." The voice and inflection was just hilarious to watch.

Vipsoccermaster

Agreed with some of the above points. It's a great start for the Team Flare arc. Looking forward to coming Team Flare episodes in true English (English subs are not true English).

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Drama, Tension, Disaster. What will come of Lumiose?

If you boil the episode down, not a lot happened but it really set the scene and it was the dialogue between characters which was really intriguing. The forces are assembling and I can't wait until the next episode. Also, I'm loving Team Rocket becoming Rocket News but what of Malva?

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Poor Alain, one moment he is celebrating a great match and winning the league and then the next he finds out that his hero is a madman. I am quite glad that he seems to finally be coming to his senses about Lysandre and Team Flare.

Rio!

Composer

Not exactly the prettiest sight to see first thing in the morning... *shrugs*
Ever since I got the plush and noticed that and, oh boy. I'll just say that it's near impossible for me to take Zygarde half seriously. I wonder what made the designer decide to stick a bright green spot right there.

I'm glad the 1,246 people of the city are safe and the buildings were all conveniently empty. Sceptile is such a hero...handing out blankets.
At least there seemed to be more people present in the city than there ever seems to be in the movies when disaster strikes. All I can think of is when Kyurem strolled into the city with its posse and wreaked havoc. I don't recall anyone running out of the buildings screaming/there ever being evacuated. Just like a sequence earlier with the entire train scene. xD

Lastly, too much Brooklyn Rage from Z-1. And seriously? His voice remains the same even as a giant slug?
THAT'S WHAT I WAS TRYING TO PUT MY FINGER ON. It would be nice if at least there was a little more hissing or something. Awkward accent is flat out bizarre. Same can be said of its 10% forme, really.

This is definitely one of the less cringe-worthy episodes, and the tension was nice. Looking forward to next week.

Pikachu52

An insane orange man taking over Kalos - Ash and Pikachu experience the shock and horror of a great many people on election night - Team Flare are making Kalos great/beautiful again.

Jokes aside, That was a great episode. A nice blend of action, drama and suspense as Ash and Alain are captured, Alain finds out Lysandre's true intentions and Squishy is revealed to be Zygarde. Slightly more violent than the other Villanous Team espidoes. The Team Plasma arch took place in an arachological site with very few others around. Lysandre just destroyed the largest City in Kalos. It's like a mini anime action movie. The clips of the children in school and the gym leaders watching Lysandre's broadcast on their tablets and smart phones was a nice touch too - they should have had someone do a "selfie" with the vines.

When I first saw the use of Zygarde to create the vines I wondered if they were watering down Team Flare's plot for the anime' audience to remove the darker themes. But they've more or less kept them with Lysandre giving a similar if more dramatic speech than the one he gave in the games, promising to kill everyone he didn't think was worthy because he deemed humanity bad. The ultimate weapon, Xerneas and Yveltal have been replaced by Zygarde and whatever those vines are, but so far it's pretty much the same goal.

And the best part of the episode - Pikachu trying to defend Ash before fainting from the confuse ray (though since when does confuse ray do damage). That was one of the cutest things ever and a nice demonstration of Ash and Pikachu's bond in the mist of the chaos. Even Celosia noticed - "aww. Someone loves it's trainer."

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh my goodness, that episode was absolutely stunning. If the Team Flare finale arc continues like this, then this very well could be the height of the anime. Simply amazing. The episode did so many things right that are normally gotten wrong by the show. I'm in awe. I haven't been too convinced that XYZ was anything special like people kept on saying it was, but this episode arc seems like it will change my mind about that. Can't wait for the next one.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well after that not so great end to the Kalos League, I am excited to see the Flare Arc, since it looks to be interesting, this episode was a good start up. Only thing is really, not even a glance of Oak, Ash's Mum, Misty, May, Dawn, Iris? Surely they saw all this as well and are shocked from it, but guess it would have taken too much screentime.
I wonder if Jesse actually did use her real last name? (Jesse isn't the smartest bulb in the world, considering the disguise she uses. Green Zygarde VS Red. Bonnie still loved Squishy even after it transformed and they saw what happened.

I wonder what Rocket's real involvement will be? Didn't the gym leader mention them as well, that they would have a part in it as well? Guess I have to keep watching.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The crisis in Miare City was bizarrely beautiful to me due to the crimson trees and vines all over the landscape. I liked seeing Urup and the other Kalos Gym Leaders make cameos, as well as Citron's Elezard showing up. I thought that Satoshi being kidnapped and practically being crucified at the Prism Tower was an intense way to end the episode.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
OK The Lumiose City being destroyed by giant tree roots after the Kalos League. But however this episode is quite intense with the destruction Lumiose City is in and was quite surprised when Ash and his friends found out that Squishy was a Zygarde all along and Squishy vs Z2 at the end seemed it was going to be very intense. It was at least nice to see all of the Kalos Gym Leaders to watch the Team Flare broadcast but was surprised that Ash did literally nothing against Team Flare where he could have used his Greninja but instead he got kidnapped by Team Flare.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm still kind of disappointed that the Flare-dan's big finale happened in Miare City instead of Sekitai Town, which was their main base of operations during their last showdown in the games.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The Team Flare arc would have been a great opportunity to have the Kalos armed forces involved.

Pokemon needs more military themed episodes.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
The Team Flare arc would have been a great opportunity to have the Kalos armed forces involved.

Pokemon needs more military themed episodes.

That's an interesting point since we didn't see the region's military get involved despite the fact that the region was about to be destroyed by Zygarde. But given how incompetent the Pokemon world's police force is, I'd hate to see how disorganized Kalos's military might be.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Apparently so intense that it was partially censored"

Episode: 8/10