• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!! (935)

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
*Shows all Kalos Gym leaders watching TV when the world is in crisis

*Not a single person from outside Kalos watches it

FeelsBadMan

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Booooring. The character many watch the show solely for is incapacitated and crucified.

At least this proves Malva ISN'T with Team Flare though Alain certainly is. I like the TRio actually got to do something important for once.
4/10

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Yeah, that was a real strong start to the Flare arc, and it's shaping up to be a good one.

Is the move Drapion used on Ash meant to be Confuse Ray? It looks the same as the move from the Trevenant episode, although I still don't know what that actually was. I'm lost. Didn't Drapion already show four moves in the first few episodes? Alain's long gone, total WTF mode for him now.
Yeah, that was Confuse Ray.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Anyways a decent start. Nothing too crazy, but it was solid. One issue I have is the dialogue is way too stale and boring for my taste (wait till subs comes out and you will know what I mean). Very predictable, but I guess that's fine. Hopefully the arc can pick up the pace, because mediocre will not cut it. It needs to be almost lights out.

pokefandt

Definitely has me interested. Been waiting for the anime to do a proper Team Climax for years. The only decent one was Sinnoh's. If we don't at least get a League Win, we can get one epic brawl between good and evil.

BecauseI'mBatman

Crucifying Ash and company?

Banned in the US for sure(No editing/repainting possible here.), in order to not offend the religious right Calling it now. They're going to skip it so One Million Moms or a similar organzation won't demand its cancellation.

Why do the sacrilegious thing what Adventures had to edit out in the BW arc and lose all associated imagery intended by such in the West....whyyyyyyy...they KNOW that **** is getting censored...they KNOW. The Christian imagery will either be skipped, banned or cause the show to be protested to death...and this is the death of the franchise. Because they HAD to use imagery that is kinda sacrilegious to most of their audience's parents...

*sigh*

Haven't seen the actual episode yet, but after seeing the screenshot I believe this HISHE quote can soothe your concerns:
Aldritch Killian said:
Oh my gosh, this is totally The Incredibles.

Red Pheonix

This episode is 10x better than the league, infinitely better than that episode.

Epicocity

Well...at least now we know why Alexa wasn't at the League...she was too busy visiting her sister, like she seems to be doing anytime something big in the region is happening. Does she ever do real work anymore?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Figures. They didn't give a damn about the league because this is where they put their all, and god damn is it good.

Alain has no reason to be neutral here, you've been had! Your boss isn't what you thought he was now you have no reason to not go all out. I mean I feel bad for the guy and all but seriously, what are you doing?

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
Well, that was a fun romp through post-apocalyptic Lumiose City. Already Lysandre has proven he's the best Pokemon Villain in the franchise. Why? He actually bothered to trap Ash's entire team! All of the crucifixions are great, but I do wonder why Greninja isn't level with the others in the team. I'm assuming it's because next episode their bond phenomenon is going to get used or something (Seriously anime, don't use this as an excuse to nerf Greninja out of bond phenomenon please!).

It's great to see all the major characters appear, every gym leader, Diantha, the XY Rival Trio, Shota, etc. Mairin seems to be taking a good stance here too, but Alain... ALAIN!

I am so stressed with Alain at the moment! He doesn't know what he wants anymore? Is he really betraying Ash or does he just want answers from Lysandre? I seriously hope his credibility crumbles, at least to humble him. He needs a good humbling.

And yes, Jessie got her spotlight moment! Sure, not the best circumstances, but she gets to be a news anchor in a critical moment in Kalos' history! Not only that but Malva seemed genuinely shocked by TF attack. It could be the fact that she's an Elite 4 Member and needs to keep her cover to the public, or maybe she's actually shocked. I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later.

Oh, and Bonnie's reaction to the 50% form. Glorious!

knightwolf09

Some flaws of how Lysandre has Ash and his team captured: 1) He didn't cover Goodra's mouth so nothing is stopping him from using Dragon Pulse or Ice Beam. 2) Didn't cover Noivern's ears or mouth so he can still use Supersonic or Boomburst. Guarantee you Ash does not notice this, is not going to take the chance to attack Lysandre while he's unguarded, and they're going to pretend there's noting he can do.

Also, how messed up is Alain's moral compass if nothing is holding him back from trying to stop Team Flare, and is still not doing anything for some reason?

Dang it X and Y, why do you still have to be so intriguing after making Ash lose like that? It's not fair!

Arianna Krauss

Already, this episode is a BOSS.

- Squishy 10% call out to P2, but no response.
- Sawyer, Trevor, Tierno and Shauna sent out their pokémon to destroy the plants.
- Ash, Alan, Clemont, Serena and Bonnie split up.
- Sycamore flashbacks to Olympia prophecizing.. Realizes that tihs will hit the fan.
- Diantha is present as well.
- Malva actually looks a bit shocked, TR is freaking out.
- Manon screams out to Ash and Alan, but destruction is real.
- Zard DC's the destruction in order to reach her. Pikachu IT's to help.
- Destruction is real!
- Malva leaves TR don't know what she's saying. But TR broadcasts the destruction all over Kalos. Definitely did not see that happening.
- And there's TEAM FLARE PURPLE! What's Alan going to do?!?!?
- I think TEAM FLARE PURPLE is calling Alan out, Ash is like WAAAH..
There goes my screen.. fade to black.. :( Deduction: Ash goes with Team Flare, Ash is taken captive.
- Lysandre is now broadcasting himself. Everybody now knows it was him!

Break.

- Lysandre shows Zygarde off.. Everybody watches his stream.
- Sycamore is pisssssssed.
- Hey, Korrina, Viola and Alexa, Ramos, Valerie, Olympia, Wulfric make cameos. I might've missed Grant.. -.-
- TEAMFLARE GRUNT IS TRYING TO KIDNAP MANON!!!!!
- SYCAMORE WITH THE INTERVENTION! Skorupi vs. Garchomp!!! WHO'S GOING TO WIN!!!!
- If there was any doubt.. Sycamore with the save.. xD
- Alan is brought before Xerosic!
- Alan meets with Lysandre. And gets the lowdown..
- The destruction gets really, real.
- Squishy 10% is still just moving towards Z2.
- Lysandre monologues some more.
- Alan is shocked! How did he not know!?
- Here comes Squishy 10% running up the Tower!!!
- He finally reaches through to Z2?! Or not... xD
- Luxray and Braixen are doing stuff to get through the Streets, but are attacked by DESTRUCTION IS REAL!!!
- ClemBot and Heliolisk to safe the day!!!
- BUT DESTRUCTION YET AGAIN!!! BUT Mega Blaziken and BLAZIKEN MASK SAVE THE DAY!!!
- Blaziken Mask doesn't want Clemont and Bonnie to interfere.
- Clemont tries to appeal to Blaziken Mask to let them help, He does so.
- Squishy 10% is blasted off the tower..
- Alan and Lysandre are still talking.. I'm pretty sure he's being blackmailed.
- And yup, there's Ash AND HIS ENTIRE TEAM BEING CRUCIFIED!!!
- TEAM FLARE GREEN AND ORANGE's DRUDDIGON ATTACK BLAZIKEN MASK, SERENA, CLEMONT and BONNIE!!! GET HYPE!!!
- Lysandre explains Zygarde to Ash.. That's nice of him...
- Squishy 50% happens.. GET HYPE!!!GET HYPEE!GETHYPE!!!!!GETHYPPE!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
- Bonnie is so proud..
- They start to clash on the square before the tower. END OF EPISODE.

I'm literally without breath.

10/10.
You're so right this arc is growing darker and darker.I love it!!!
Interaction between TR and Malva seems interesting.

Alain does nothing while Flare takes Ash.

Okay, what the hell Alain? You're not with Flare, so why did you let them take Ash?

> sees his boss destroying everything and putting innocent lives in danger
> still conflicted

What the actual ****, Alain?

He's doing it for Hari-San's sake for sure! No worries thousands of other people/Pokemon are all almost dying. He'll definitely make Manon happy, trying to save one life for thousand of others!
As there are no reliable translation of this episode yet, nothing can be said with certainty. But acc.to soveryanon's ruff translation the purple grunt did say something like -we have that child with us(that may refer to harimaron or mannon).
And even if we assume that they didn't directly threaten alain with manon or harimaron.Its still understandable why he stood still and didn't save ash.
He can't go I'll kill'yall instantly when he knows lysander has hari san and possibly manon.Also-
He was in a state of shock , at the horrible turn of events. A guy who he was working for , with full dedication and trust for over an year or so, who said he wants ME for betterment of the world, who also was the who volunteered to recover manon's hari san.And now the very same guy maybe responsible for destroying kalos and is kidnapping ash for unknown reason.
As you can see alain goes stagnant for a minute there, he doesnt understand what's going on.
So he does the most safe thing , looks for answers by directly talking to lysandre.
Another point to note , alan is not at all happy with this, he almost lashes out at xerosic and is not being all friendly with lysandre either.
So its not wise to jump the gun already.
We all know alain will help ash and the others eventually when he recovers his bearings.

Last edited:

Iroca

What is Fleur-de-lis said to Satoshi? I think he said something like "Chosen"?

Last edited: