• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team for PAX Gym Challenge

So PAX is coming up and I'm interested in making a team for their Gym Challenge, potentially competitively as well. So the stakes are lower, but here's the team:

Espeon @ Light Clay
Magic Bounce
Timid
252 HP/252 Spe/4 Def
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic
Hidden Power Dark/Electric

So this is my lead. Kinda weird. But it deters lead setups. What I'm wondering is which Hidden Power to run. The set is taken directly from smogon but I tweaked the typing to get more coverage.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Multiscale
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Physical DD set. Vaporeon keeps Multiscale up pretty well. If done well enough I can even set up a DD while the Wish comes in and then blast things. I like the coverage he gives the team, but I'm willing to change this versatile beast.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold
248 HP/252 Def/8 Spe
Wish
Protect
Scald
Ice Beam/Toxic

Typical Vaporeon set. I love the concept of the Water Absorb and related abilities so I did want to use Vaporeon, but not necessarily build the team around it. Anyway, typical set, Wishing supports the entire team, Dragonite especially. I'm torn on Ice Beam or Toxic but it really depends on what Heatran runs.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Relaxed
252 HP/88 Def/168 SpD
Spikes
Stealth Rock/Leech Seed
Protect
Power Whip

Another typical set but if it ain't broke don't fix it. I may run Leech Seed on it because I want Stealth Rock on Heatran and not running Thunder Wave because I've already got WoW and Toxic sets on the team.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Flash Fire
Calm
252 SpD/248 HP/8 Spe
Lava Plume
Stealth Rock/Roar
Protect
Will-O-Wisp

I love Heatran for the same reason as Vaporeon and so yay now I can switch into both Fire and Water freely! Wish and Lava Plume for reasons and I want Stealth Rock on Heatran but also running 2 Steel types Roar is pretty useful against Arena Trappers and Magnet Pullers, what have you. Air Balloon is good for those situations, Dugtrio specifically.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Justified
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Close Combat
Stone Edge
X-Scissor
Aerial Ace

Terrakion lets me swap into Dark types, too! I'm running Aerial Ace for coverage but I can swap that out also. I like the physical aspect he gives the team. He's really my most dedicated sweeper role of the team.

As said just now, Terrakion is really my only dedicated sweeper role which may pose problems with switching a lot. A looot. But there's lots of setup and lots of ways to pose my enemy against me, which I like. I was going for a bulky team in constructing this so I guess the team itself does reflect that. :F

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Just a few quick nit picks, run hp fire or hp fighting on espeon and ice beam on vaporeon to KO landorus i. depending on my mood, a full rate may or may not come later

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Espeon- run Hidden Power Fighting

Dragonite- Roost over Fire Punch. you may or may not want to use Subsitute over Earthquake. On one hand, you can avoid nasty toxics. On the other, you'll be hard-pressed to beat steel types.

Vaporeon- okay. I'd choose Ice Beam, though

Ferrothorn- use Leech Seed over Stealth Rock, and replace Power Whip with Gyro ball

Heatran- use Stealth Rock over Roar, and Roar over will-o-wisp. Lava Plume already has the same chance of getting a burn compared to Scald.

Terrakion- Sacred Sword or Quick Attack over Aerial Ace. I'd go for Quick Attack.

Maybe consider Extremespeed over Earthquake for Dragonite? Bar Terrakion, your team is fairly slow, and +1 Extremespeed is painful to anything that's not packing a resist, and it works well with Fire Punch and Outrage. Maybe try Lum Berry over leftovers? Right now, Rotom-W can switch in when you dragon dance and can will o wisp when you use outrage (Defensive Rotom W gets 2KO w/ Outrage, meaning it can cripple you with WoW)