• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Fortress 2 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Old Coot
Listen up, maggots! This'll be the place to discuss everything about Team Fortress 2. If you have the PC version, god speed. But if you own the Xbox 360 version, don't come crying to me about not getting any updates any time soon. And don't even think about getting updates if you have the Nancy Pants PlayStation 3 version!

Alright, Soldier-speak aside, you know what to expect. Soldier vs Demo update is just around the corner and it looks like Valve's pulling out all the stops on this update by getting the whole community involved. Anyone shooting for Soldier or Demoman? As much as the Demoman is fun to ambush with, I personally prefer going Soldier on enemies. Also looking forward to the whole crafting thing so I can deal with all the extra crap I get.

Updates aside, favorite classes? I mostly main Spy and Sniper.

Feel free to also post your Steam IDs here. Mine is "Tsukento." Ask before you add me.

Oh, and those of you with the 360 and PS3 versions of The Orange Box are free to discuss your versions as well.

Cobalt_Latios

But if you own the Xbox 360 version, don't come crying to me about not getting any updates any time soon.
I'm not complaining, it wasn't until about a year ago that I actually realized what the main differences were between the games.

Not to mention that it kind of surprises me... you know with DLC being the big thing these days.

favorite classes?
Engineer, I prefer to have something else do all the work. Not to mention teleporters are useful for the whole team ^^.

Oh, and those of you with the 360 and PS3 versions of The Orange Box are free to discuss your versions as well.
Back when I had a Gold membership to XBL, I rather enjoyed this game. I'd never really played an FPS like this before, and it was a unique experience. I kind of got why everyone loves these types of games.

I tried every class, but for the most part, I'm usually reserved to being an Engineer.

<C_L>

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
I love Team fortress, but my computer suffers from lag. Still however I've got the Orange box and all so I've been happy ;)

If yours lags then I would recommed the Engineer because you can rely on your Sentrys to do the killing for you. can I add any of you to my friends?

Chris

Old Coot
Go for it.

As for Engineer, can't take it so easy on the PC version. Gotta be aware that Spies can take teleporters and can Telefrag if you happen to be on the teleporter trying to fix it.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Eh, I've got the Xbox version, still love it to death though. Favourite class: Demoman. Clocked in more hours with him total then I have for some full games.

As for the war going on I feel bad that I'm not out there doing my part. Once, I get a good PC that can run the game then I'm definitely going to buy it.

Cobalt_Latios

Go for it.

As for Engineer, can't take it so easy on the PC version. Gotta be aware that Spies can take teleporters and can Telefrag if you happen to be on the teleporter trying to fix it.
Ouch, I think I'll stick with my more "simpler" 360 version. But that's just me.

BTW, what's everyone's favorite playstyle? I myself rather like the control points (capture the flag), it's one of my best ones. I actually recall a match where everyone was huddled at our last control point, and I had my fully upgraded Sentry attempting to take out those trying to get to it. While I restored it, and had Snipers helping me out.

Best match I'd ever had!

<C_L>

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Team Fortress 2 is the best multiplayer game, ever. I cycle between Pyro, Engie, and Medic. I love to voice spam with Heavy.
But if you own the Xbox 360 version, don't come crying to me about not getting any updates any time soon.
I heard Valve had some memory issues with the 360 version.

"We made that game for the 360?"

As for the war going on I feel bad that I'm not out there doing my part. Once, I get a good PC that can run the game then I'm definitely going to buy it.

TF2 can run on a toaster. Seriously.

Here's my SteamID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/robothive

Chris

Old Coot
Ouch, I think I'll stick with my more "simpler" 360 version. But that's just me.
It's too broken, however. Pyros can't reflect projectiles, Spies can't pick up ammo to regenerate their cloak and Demomen have more grenades and Sticky Bombs. Just one Engineer can easily stall a game if done right.

I heard Valve had some memory issues with the 360 version.

"We made that game for the 360?"
They've found a way around it. The main problem is that MS wants to charge for updates.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I have both the PC and 360 versions, PC courtesy of noobers. I haven't played that much though due to not know what the hell is up with these other weapons and things. Care to explain someone?

Specifically, what do you not understand?

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
As far as the war goes? Soldier forever.

My favorite classes have to be Scout, Soldier, Medic, and Pyro.

I have the PC version, however I haven't played in ages thanks to having such a horrid laptop. When I get a new one I plan to change all that though.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I am neither a fan of the X-Box 360, nor am I a fan of online games, but geez, this game was a blast.

I got to play it for about five minutes and killed about three people while playing it. I was a soldier I believe.

I also played as an engineer for a short while, but I didn't get to play that much after that.

Overall, it was a great online experience.

Last edited:

Kataphrut

I used to play this game, but at some point the lagging forced me to quit (sometimes, it could lag for up to thirty seconds). I mainly enjoy playing Pyro or Heavy, but I had just started to get good at Spy.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
TF2 can run on a toaster. Seriously.

I almost never play PC games, but if I only played one, this would be it, believe me. I think that last thing I tried to run was a demo for Spore and it said my graphics card couldn't run it. My computer is real old, it's a Windows XP that's been through 3 other users. But I'll get a laptop next year when I go off for university and I know what I'll be buying.

It's too broken, however. Pyros can't reflect projectiles, Spies can't pick up ammo to regenerate their cloak and Demomen have more grenades and Sticky Bombs. Just one Engineer can easily stall a game if done right.

I've had zero-to-no experience with the PC version but I'd have to say the console version isn't terribly unbalanced. The main problem is the many many glitch exploits and hosts shutting down their severs all the time. It's still a blast to play though on consoles.

Chris

Old Coot
Achievements and random drops. Although some of the unlocks are crap.

Rule #1 - NEVER use the Backburner. It's horrible and completely useless with aiding the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.