• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Fortress 2 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
Every single Pyro that sneakly kills me always uses the Backburner... dang...

Slick

Banned
Harrishun

Add me 'yall!

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
So the Denoman finally gets a Badass BFG and an awesome sheild to boot.

*Insert Braveheart reference here*

Still, its friggen cheap.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I propose a server with only Huntsman Snipers versus the new Demo unlocks in which you must defend a castle.

Chris

Old Coot
**** yes, Highlander reference.

I assume Backburner is on Pyro right?
No worries, I never use Pyro.
Yeah. The reason being is that Pyros with a Flamethrower are much more useful in aiding the team. You'll do just about as much damage and more with the Flamethrower than you would trying to land Crits with the Backburner.

With the Flamethrower...

-You can reflect projectiles (Soldier Rockets, Grenades, Sticky Bombs, Arrows, Jarate, Baseballs, Flares, Sentry Rockets)
-You can push away enemies; very useful against Ubered enemies by pushing the Medic away or just keeping the target away
-You're able to put out team mates that are on fire
-Plus you can get Crit damage without needing to meet any requirements

Yeah, those two items in combination aren't cheap at all. [/sarcasm]
Demoman's biggest weakness is close combat. If a Demoman is attacked head on, he generally has to rely on his bottle and hope that he lands a hit. Otherwise, he's likely to hurt himself with his Grenades or Sticky Bombs if trying to hit an enemy at close distance.

This now means that a Demoman with said items equipped can now attack at close range, leaving him open for long distance attacks such as a Scout bonking him with The Sandman or a Sasha-wielding Heavy, or even a Spy with the Ambassador.

It's a different type of playstyle for the Demoman. It's the same way how the Sniper with The Huntsman now has to attack at a reasonable distance as opposed to staying all the way in the back.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
-You're able to put out team mates that are on fire

Okay I know this is a game that lets you whack stuff with a wrench to build and has a gun that shoots health but HOW DOES THAT MAKES SENSE?

"Oh crap I'm on fire!"
"Here let me add MORE FIRE!"
"Thanks!"

Also hell yes for the Demo update I won't be using. Hopefully that'll get the numbers more even.

Chris

Old Coot
Okay I know this is a game that lets you whack stuff with a wrench to build and has a gun that shoots health but HOW DOES THAT MAKES SENSE?

"Oh crap I'm on fire!"
"Thanks!"
Flamethrower has the compression air blast. Hence reflecting projectiles and putting out team mates. :p

It's not available on the console versions, though.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

"Oh crap I'm on fire!"
"Thanks!"

Also hell yes for the Demo update I won't be using. Hopefully that'll get the numbers more even.
It's an air-blast you release by right-clicking. It's highly versatile, and it can reflect practically anything that isn't a bullet (Jarate, flares, arrows, rockets, grenades, stickies, sentry missles, and stun balls). You can also push people off ledges, juggle people them in the air (useful after setting them on fire and using your Axtinguisher), blasting them into kill areas (amusing on Well and Sawmill), preventing people from reaching health kits, messing up Ubers, etc. I don't think the Backburner is that bad, it's just not as useful as the compression blast.

Also, the idea of the Demoman acting like the Charger is amusing.

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
Soldier update

The 80% speed increase and 25% power boost does make it appealing, but it's only really for those that have the accuracy to use it.

An interesting update indeed.

On a side note, the demoman and soldier shirts they've released with The War are fantastic.

Chris

Old Coot
Good news. Like every update, Valve will offer the game to play for free for the weekend.

Just get Steam and a pre-loader should be there. Activate it and you'll be able to play TF2 for free until the end of the weekend. This also gives you all a chance to see if it can run on your comps without possibly wasting $20.

It's also likely they *might* drop the price temporarily on the 17th, like they've done before on updates.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
That new rocket launcher is PERFECT. Great unlock idea, hopefully nice when I actually try it...

Also, I'm going to try and get some friends to try out TF2 for the free weekend. It seems like I don't know anybody IRL who plays TF2, so I might as well try and get them interested in this fantastic game.

So after the war's over, who is everyone hoping they'll update next?
Only the Engineer is left after this update.

Last edited:

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
my favorite class is the medic. the first time i started playin as medic, i was able to get many kills, as well as healing many of my teammates. however, recently i started playin as a pyro. really good class if you want to rush a big group of enemies. i set like 6 guys on fire at once. that was fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.