• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Galactic

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
There's something that troubles me about Team Galactic. From what I've found out, their purpose is to seemingly destroy the world. Could it be that Team Galactic is more alien than human?

Konoko_Hasano

Ralts Line Samba
Well, at least the leader has incredible, off the charts megalomaniacal goals. The underlings merely think that they are JUST gathering rare Pokemon. Cyrus -- the leader -- wants to destroy the universe and mold it into his very own liking so he could rule.

Insane? True evil? Crazy as Psyduck on energy drinks? It might very well be.

You know... Ash's 'hero resume' is going to be quite large by the time everything is said and done.

The real question is, what kind of evil crime syndicate could come next to top Galactic? Maybe one that goes around killing people by atomic wedgies...

Last edited:

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
If I known better the Galactic Gang's main goal is to create a new universe to rule on, even if it means destroy the previous one in the process. Also, I would remind you guys that Satoshi's goal is to become the pokemon master, so he only be the hero if he happens to get caught in the mess that the Galactic Gang made.

Aaron_fan

...Uh...I really kind of doubt that Cyrus, Mars, Jupiter, or Saturn, or the grunts, are aliens. Cyrus just dislikes the world he lives in. He hates all the strife going on, and wants to create a world/universe free of strife. His goal sounds nice enough for being the top villain of the game, but, yeah, then there's the whole "I will become a deity!" thing. How he decides to go about his goals is kind of a downer, too (because then everyone, absolutely everyone, will die), but he does say that the world is too corrupt to make anything good out of it, which is why he wants to simply wipe out the world/universe and start over.

I don't know how you can go "beyond" messing with the time-space continuum, either. The villain Teams seem to outdo each other in every game (getting money, killing Marowak, and taking over radio stations, to attempting to take control of the very land and sea to make the planet either entirely earth or entirely water, to capturing creatures revered as deities, containing the suppose god of space/time and coming close to reformatting the universe). Blah, I think I rambled too much...

EDIT:
i think the first galactic appearence is gonna include their plans to capture the 3 Fairy's...
Team Galactic already appeared (well, Commander Saturn at least), at the very end of DP episode 36, "Secret Sphere of Influence!" and in DP episode 60, "The Unown of the Zui/Solaceon Ruins!".

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
...Uh...I really kind of doubt that Cyrus, Mars, Jupiter, or Saturn, or the grunts, are aliens. Cyrus just dislikes the world he lives in. He hates all the strife going on, and wants to create a world/universe free of strife. His goal sounds nice enough for being the top villain of the game, but, yeah, then there's the whole "I will become a deity!" thing. How he decides to go about his goals is kind of a downer, too (because then everyone, absolutely everyone, will die), but he does say that the world is too corrupt to make anything good out of it, which is why he wants to simply wipe out the world/universe and start over.

I don't know how you can go "beyond" messing with the time-space continuum, either. The villain Teams seem to outdo each other in every game (getting money, killing Marowak, and taking over radio stations, to attempting to take control of the very land and sea to make the planet either entirely earth or entirely water, to capturing creatures revered as deities, containing the suppose god of space/time and coming close to reformatting the universe). Blah, I think I rambled too much...

EDIT:

Team Galactic already appeared (well, Commander Saturn at least), at the very end of DP episode 36, "Secret Sphere of Influence!" and in DP episode 60, "The Unown of the Zui/Solaceon Ruins!".

i mean the first appearence where they actually do something worthwhile...

I'd hope after this event Ash becomes a heroe, course he's saved the world quit often so I don't know. Any who I don't think there alien just humans that have hatred for the world as some villains do who want to either destroy it or rule it.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Well, at least the leader has incredible, off the charts megalomaniacal goals. The underlings merely think that they are JUST gathering rare Pokemon. Cyrus -- the leader -- wants to destroy the universe and mold it into his very own liking so he could rule.
Big deal, I've seen countless shows where insane villains try to destroy the world (and probably the universe). So the purpose is predictable, even though Cyrus is really beyond mad to do it.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
See how they dress? They're just people who escaped from the happy farm.

My memory's kind of faded on what percisely Cyrus wanted to do. From what I could remember he wanted to destroy the world, make a new one of his design in its place, and rule over it as some kind of deity. His logic in this was that since he was the one to pull the legendary whatevers out of wherever with the chain of whatever they would listen to him. This is where we learn Cryus failed villainy school because we all know such a thing never works and usually ends with whoever summoning them being eaten or otherwise killed within the next breath.

He also fails to see that destroying the entire world would most likely just kill everyone, including himself, after which Dialga/Palkia will continue fighting for all eternity while big daddy Acreus takes a power nap.

Where's the test to become an evil organization's leader? I think I can pass it.

neptune_84

It's go time!
well lets look at this shall we.......

team rocket: wanted to capture rare pokemon.

team aqua and magma: wanted rare pokemon to change the world.

team galactic: want rare pokemon to change the universe.

from the start to now i think they have realised that the villains needed to be more ruthless. so thats why they upped the evil goals of the organisations.

i think its great we are gonna have a villain group who dont care if the odd person gets squished by there ambitions.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
The fact Team Rocket calls them "those great fashion guys" automatically makes them win.

Also, how many other evil organizations have grunts that actually say "Cosmic energy for the WIN!!"?

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Now that I though about it, Cyrus may not be as insane as I thought he was. In the game, Sunyshore City is Cyrus' home town. And it seems that there are no Galactic activities, even before the Spear Pillar incident.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Cyrus is a fascinating character. I hope he gets proper treatment in the anime, because his chilly, distant demeanor is very interesting and could be worked with
Plus Team Galactic just wins. That guy in the Veilstone HQ who says "If I were one of those comic relief villians I would tell you, but I really don't know!" is made of win

HoennMaster

Alien is going a little to far, Cyrus just wants to destroy the universe and the re-create it. How destroying a world makes them seem like aliens is beyond me.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
The only possible connection I can make is that Cyrus is really Zaphod Beeblebrox in disguise, and he plans on destroying the planet to make room for his intergalactic space highway.

Shiny pokemon lover

Shiny pokemon hunter
I don't think the Team Galaxy crew is aliens either, but they probably want to live like some. I think they sure have built a big airship already and collected Materials to build a Spacebase.
The ordinary soldier probably don't even know about this plan. I don't think it can exist so many people which are so evil in that organisation. That's impossible!

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
have they not realised that if they destroy the universe, they will all be dead? so no-one would see the new universe anyway...they are idiots...