• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Hax Hatred

Rhys29

Encore
I decided to make a team based around everything you hate. Enjoy.

TEAM I HATE YOU FOREVER
385.png
242.png
068-m.png
286-m.png
468-m.png
479-i.png

Don't you love it already?

385.png

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Jolly, Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch

Who doesn't love facing this little b*stard turn one? I need Jirachi to keep its Scarf to deal with Mence so I may switch Trick out for something such as U-Turn. Sets SR for my team which is greatly needed. I can also Iron Head many things to death once one of my T-Wave spreaders gets around.

242.png

Blissey@Leftovers
Calm, Natural Cure
24 HP / 252 Defense / 232 Special defense
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss

Who doesn't love dealing with this fat sl*t on a daily basis? Helps against... well it's a sl*t what else do you want? Wish and Thunder Wave work well as team support. Ice Beam deals with Gliscor who could make things get pretty ugly. Seismic Toss can somewhat help against Heatran and Latias.

068-m.png

Machamp@Leftovers
Adamant, No Guard
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Speed
- Substitute
- Dynamic Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

One of the most impossible threats to switch into? Yes please. Substitute Machamp is almost garaunteed a kill every game. NOTHING likes switching into Machamp, but then when you have to destroy it's Substitute first it gets to be even more of a hassle. The moveset is self explanatory. Let me feel your hate.

286-m.png

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Jolly, Poison Heal
44 HP / 212 Attack / 252 Speed
- Substitute
- Spore
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch

There is no way I could design a team based around people hating it without Breloom. Sub/Seeding is by far the most annoying thing it can do and Celebi, the only thing that can generally counter this set, is dealt with by a lot of my other sets so it's not much to worry about. Everything here is nothing you haven't seen before.

468-m.png

Togekiss@Leftovers
Modest, Serene Grace
252 HP / 152 Special Attack / 104 Speed
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash

Switched Jirachi and Togekiss' spots. This thing hits a hell of a lot harder as well with ever so slightly better coverage. There are few worse things than having to deal with a Substitute Togekiss late game, such as Breloom or Machamp. Oh, I have both of those too. Silly me. I'm considering Roost > something just to make it that much harder to bring it down. Thoughts?

479-i.png

Rotom-F@Leftovers
Bold, Levitate
252 HP / 80 Defense / 32 Special Defense / 144 Speed
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Discharge
- Shadow Ball

New Ev and moveset for this guy. I know the switch in form is odd, but Frost is the most likely to attract Tyranitar and Scizor. Spin was a close second. Spread changed to outrun Jolly Tyranitar. Scarfed Tyranitar burned with never break a Substitute with Pursuit (timing this isn't easy since it will break my Sub at first but alows me to throw up a Sub and then switch without taking double damage). Blissey, Swampert, or anything else with low Sp.A cannot break my Substitute with non-STAB attacks. Resisted special attacks from base 105 or lower will not break my Substitute (depends on the nature and base power, but it generally won't). This thing is a terrible opponent to overcome. Shadow Ball for Gengar and other Rotom's. Perhaps Thunderbolt > Discharge as well, thoughts?

~ This is somewhat of a joke team but it seems to function decently. If you suggest anything, make sure it sticks to the basis of the team which is 'everything that's really effing annoying'.

Last edited:

[Kingdra]

You have two essentials of an extremely annoying team. Wish/Protect Blissey and a SubSeeder. To piss people off even more, throw on Toxic over Thunder Wave and then just Wish + Protect. Sceptile might be as more effective of an annoying SubSeeder than Breloom based on the Speed stat. This team would definitely annoy me if I faced it. I played a team like this on shoddy and I was getting pretty angry.

natie

Mr. F
Sableye/Spiritomb are annoying too, no move is supereffective against them. And maybe Shedinja, cos of Wonder Guard (I know, it can easily be killed with Fire attacks or similar, but if you know the opponent doesn't have any of those, just use Shedinja with its 1 HP and defeat every Pokémon of your opponent without getting hit :D

Darkrai's Nightmare

I ROFLZed when I saw that this team is actually good. It's almost a stall team, but while you are stalling, your opponent gets madder and madder with every turn that goes by. Maybe you could change something to a Sub Heatran, ans those things get old fast. It can annihilate anything not prepared for it, and frankly, most teams aren't prepared for it. I know I hate it. And I also hate you right now, as I have a horrible feeling this is going to become a trend on Shoddy.

Rhys29

Encore
[Kingdra];11174530 said:
Sceptile might be as more effective of an annoying SubSeeder than Breloom based on the Speed stat.
But based on everything else it's not so great. Breloom's STAB Focus Punch and 100% accuracy Spore make it already a b*tch to deal with. Throw in unique typing, low HP, 12.5% recovery every turn via ability, and you have a near perfect combination.

Sableye/Spiritomb are annoying too, no move is supereffective against them. And maybe Shedinja, cos of Wonder Guard
Sableye has pathetic stats and I've never been a fan of Spiritomb, who really really doesn't fit on a Hax-ish team like this. Shedinja would require a Rapid Spinner and isn't all that annoying.

I ROFLZed when I saw that this team is actually good. It's almost a stall team, but while you are stalling, your opponent gets madder and madder with every turn that goes by. Maybe you could change something to a Sub Heatran, ans those things get old fast.
It's not so much stall as it is balanced offense. There just so happen to be a lot of turns where you don't do anything. Heatran was suggested but doesn't really apply to the concept of the Hax-ish team. It's okay, not as stellar as any of the preset candidates however.

Darkrai's Nightmare

I said it was almost a stall team. I can see it wasn't meant to be one. I still like it.

I would HATE to fight this team. The only thing that might be able to take it out single-handedly is a Mixed Infernape. Close combat would most Likely OHKO 3 members of your team with Close Combat, and one with Flamethrower/Fire Blast, assuming Togekiss doesn't score a lucky Air Slash on it.

What about a Cresselia? That thing can get annoying really quickly, if the Moonlight set is used.

Last edited:

Rhys29

Encore
I said it was almost a stall team. I can see it wasn't meant to be one. I still like it.

I would HATE to fight this team. The only thing that might be able to take it out single-handedly is a Mixed Infernape. Close combat would most Likely OHKO 3 members of your team with Close Combat, and one with Flamethrower/Fire Blast, assuming Togekiss doesn't score a lucky Air Slash on it.

What about a Cresselia? That thing can get annoying really quickly, if the Moonlight set is used.
ScarfKiss is a nice solid check to Infernape so I wouldn't worry much. Without a Sp.A boost it will also have to get though Machamp which won't be easy.

Cresselia would be okay if it wasn't set up fodder for a lot of things. I can only see 2 true weak links in this judgement of the team, Togekiss and Blissey. Togekiss is choiced, so obviously it will have prediction issues and Blissey can't stop things like Scizor or CroCune from setting up. However without these two members I'm weak to a large amount of threats and only half as annoying.

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
I did enjoy it. You assembled the worst of them. I particularly like the sub sets as that has to be the single most infuriating thing to face.

I should have remembered you were the 'dunsparce guy' on serebii...

rkoreadeath

you should make blissey have serene grace and just you ice beam.
i tried this before with a choice scarf blissey
Evs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, and 4hp
1) Icebeam
2) T-bolt
3) Physic
4) SoftBoiled

Bulldogs

Banned
You are a terrible troll.

Rhys29

Encore
I am thinking Jirachi would do better as a Scarf Lead as it can handle DD mence if it magically manages to set up and can set SR so I can take it off Blissey. Then I'd just switch Togekiss and Jirachi's spots and sets. Thoughts?

I'm not going to make a very long rate since you likely spent more time writing up this RMT then actually testing it.

44 HP EVs on Breloom gives him some added Poison Heal recovery. Use it, to make sure you get your full Substitutes worth. Remove the 44 EVs from Attack, as Jolly Breloom is mainly used to outrun Gyarados and it needs max speed to do so.

Run 216 Speed EVs on Jirachi. This will let you outrun max speed Gliscor, as well as virtually all other base 100s bar Jolly Salamence.

Consider the age old Bold 252 HP / 252 Defense Blissey. I don't care what the popular opinion is, no one uses Specs Gengar, Alakazam or Lucario any more and even Sub-Petaya Empoleon 3HKOs (though you lose regardless due to Ice Beam). Bold Blissey can stay in on Weavile, Salamence and most other non-Close Combat non-CB STAB moves and take no more then 60% (should you Wish as they switch in, just Thunder Wave and switch out). Calm Blissey is for ***s still living in a world where Specs Lucario is more common then Scizor Pursuit.

88 Speed on Rotom is for outrunning max speed Scizor. NOTHING ELSE. Just max defense, or throw them into special defense.

You are horribly, HORRIBLY Salamence weak. Literally everything is outrun and OHKOed after a Dragon Dance, except Jirachi who takes a massive 59.83% - 70.36% from +1 Outrage. Mixmence of course can beat you as hard as any other team, but your Jirachi can fall to a single Earthquake (88.64% - 104.71%).

You are ironically weak to Breloom and Sub Machamp. Infernape will also beat you since the ONLY thing not outspeed and OHKOed is Togekiss, who won't last long with Stealth Rocks. Dragon Dance Tyranitar only has to worry about Machamp who takes ~50% from a +1 Fire Punch and up to 68% from a +1 Earthquake. Should TTar hold LO this can KO you after rocks with absolutely no previous damage (well, technically Sandstorm will KO). Togekiss SPEED TIES with +1 TTar, but can't actually hurt it anyway. Tyranitar's very presence hurts Breloom, Rotom and Machamp to the point of having their longevity cut in half.

.. Substitute Heatran with Toxic will wipe you out. If Toxic Spikes are down Torment Heatran will set up a Sub and procede to wipe your team out. Only Machamp is actually capable of breaking Heatran's Subs at all (Breloom will be Lava Plumed to death) while everything else just lacks the coverage. Aura Sphere on Togekiss will go some way to fix this, but thats only if you ignore the possibility of Torment.

Ah.. some other stuff, but I'm bored.

Rhys29

Encore
I'm not going to make a very long rate since you likely spent more time writing up this RMT then actually testing it.
Indeed. I don't find that a negative since it was a joke team at first before I realized it could work. And it has. I've gotten nearly infinite more dc's than actual completed battles.

44 HP EVs on Breloom gives him some added Poison Heal recovery. Use it, to make sure you get your full Substitutes worth. Remove the 44 EVs from Attack, as Jolly Breloom is mainly used to outrun Gyarados and it needs max speed to do so.
Noted. I prefer Jolly Breloom as it can deal with Adamant Breloom provided neither have a Substitute up. I also find the added speed for everything other than Focus Punch vital.

Run 216 Speed EVs on Jirachi. This will let you outrun max speed Gliscor, as well as virtually all other base 100s bar Jolly Salamence.
From the rate you just agreed with my idea of Scarfing Rachi so the set will be changed.

Consider the age old Bold 252 HP / 252 Defense Blissey. I don't care what the popular opinion is, no one uses Specs Gengar, Alakazam or Lucario any more and even Sub-Petaya Empoleon 3HKOs (though you lose regardless due to Ice Beam). Bold Blissey can stay in on Weavile, Salamence and most other non-Close Combat non-CB STAB moves and take no more then 60% (should you Wish as they switch in, just Thunder Wave and switch out). Calm Blissey is for ***s still living in a world where Specs Lucario is more common then Scizor Pursuit.
This team doesn't like Heatran or Latias. I would consider it but I'd rather get as much SP.D resistance as I can since everything else on the team is pretty subpar. Well, besides Togekiss but it has no good resistances so it's good for maybe a hit or two. I need Blissey to Sp.D stall if the option is there.

88 Speed on Rotom is for outrunning max speed Scizor. NOTHING ELSE. Just max defense, or throw them into special defense.
And Tyranitar. And a lot of mid-game Metagross. The decent speed has proven quite useful but I'm taking a look into other speed points anyways so I'll be more considerate of what I choose. Sp.D investment would help me run Sub/Wow Rotom better which is what I'm looking to reuse.

You are horribly, HORRIBLY Salamence weak.
Yup.

You are ironically weak to Breloom and Sub Machamp. Infernape will also beat you since the ONLY thing not outsped and OHKOed is Togekiss, who won't last long with Stealth Rocks.
Breloom can deal with Breloom and Machamp is a ***** anyways. I've been able to nab Infernapes with Kiss rather easily though I do see your point.

Substitute Heatran with Toxic will wipe you out.
This is why I want Blissey to have high Sp.D. Helps me with Trans. And why I want Seismic Toss but oh well. I'd honestly rather have Heatran explode on Blissey after she set SR so I just don't have to deal with it.

As a note every threat you listed isn't much a problem if my team is flowing. Few of these threats are menacing to Breloom/Machamp behind a Substitute and Jirachi and Rotom have the advantage of status though they lack too much offense other than that but can use hax and defenses better than the other two. Heatran can switch and wall Jirachi but it hates to be Para'd and a Substitute makes sure I get it off. Stuff like that.

Rate was appreciated.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Body slam can hit ground types that often switch in. Maybe make breloom 44HP EVs and adamant as I think that is standard since breloom isn't particularly fast anyway. Perhaps ice punch on jirachi for salamence as you are a little weak to him.

Rhys29

Encore
Body slam can hit ground types that often switch in.
Already stated this in OP. Thanks for simply saying it again and then not saying anything productive on the subject nor even recommend it. Nice work.
Maybe make breloom 44HP EVs and adamant as I think that is standard since breloom isn't particularly fast anyway.
Why give Focus Punch extra power when I take away the ability to set up on a much larger % of OU's? I see absolutely no reason to run Adamant on Sub/Spore/Seed Breloom.
Perhaps ice punch on jirachi for salamence as you are a little weak to him.
Over what. I can't do that without ruining the set. And I'm outrun and OHKO'd. That doesn't help my problem unless it locks itself into Outrage. And then I'd have to try and revenge kill since Jirachi can't switch in. And then the set becomes essentially useless if I take out any of the key components.

tl;dr thanks for another useless bs rate calze. +1 post -1 cred as usual.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I have tried an ice punch over sub with maxed speed which will outrun mixmences. It to me flinched haxed very well and sub may not be necessary. You could chuck an ice punch on machamp to deal with mence. Honestly, I know I suck at rating OU. Everyone doesn't have to repeat it.

Rhys29

Encore
I have tried an ice punch over sub with maxed speed which will outrun mixmences. It to me flinched haxed very well and sub may not be necessary. You could chuck an ice punch on machamp to deal with mence. Honestly, I know I suck at rating OU. Everyone doesn't have to repeat it.
Why Ice Punch when SE OHKO's? Max Speed ties MixMences. I prefer Substitute because it just becomes that much more annoying and recently I've found Sub sets are somewhat of my calling.

You're not absolutely terrible but it gets really annoying when you post something that's already talked about in OP without giving any advice, copying what others say instead of giving their comments backing, and generally saying nothing. If you take the time and formulate your posts I would have much less of an issue with it, even if you ended up being wrong in what you were suggesting. This will just make you a better rater overall, not just OU.

Ditto_93

Wooper = Win
If your still unsure about the lead why not put Machamp there?

Machamp@Lum Berry
No Guard
252 HP/252 Atk./ 4 Speed
-Dynamic Punch
-Substitute
-Encore
-Stone Edge/Payback

Beats sleep leads and usually kills one or two pokes and annoys the hell out of people (encoring SR then people have to take a DP on the switch etc). works beautifully and fits in well with the team

I wrote up a big counter-post, but Serebii lag decided to take a giant **** on it and lag it into nothingness.

But the main thing I said were 88 Speed or Rotom ONLY outruns Breloom that run 212 speed or less. Metagross is outrun all the time with no investment, barring post-Trick Metagross who will outrun you anyway. Same with all Scizor barring 13% who run max speed for some reason. Since you already have Jirachi to take down Swords Dance Scizor, 88 speed seems kind of useless.

Also, Bold Blissey takes something like 55-60% from Mixmence Outrage, while Calm takes 65-70% IIRC (Serebii raped my calculations, too lazy to redo them) so Bold would allow you to stay in on most Salamence with greater ease. Calm and Bold BOTH laugh at all forms of common OU Special Attacks, so you never really have to worry about them.

Also, if you run Softboiled on Blissey you can shove Stealth Rocks on Jirachi (if you scarf it) and go Seismic Toss / Ice Beam / Thunder Wave which has decent coverage. Wish is great, and benefits your team, but you lack the free slots to make it work without opening terrible holes in your team.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Wow this is an annoying team. I am sure most of your wins will be people leaving the match lol. Well anyways the Togekiss is unexpected as a lead so that would work very well, Blissey is Blissey Standard annoying Machamp and Breloom Jirachi one of my most hated pokemon to vs and your set is no exception I assume the fire punch is for other steel types instead of ice punch for dragons? Now for what I was wondering your Rotom, what do the EVs do exactly? I know you are asking for help on them but what do they do as of right now? Other then those few questions this team is really good. Funny what seems as a joke is actually quite competitive (fair is foul from Macbeth, I had to say that I am reading it in English lol)