• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

team hazards

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
hazards such as poison and spikes can really get your team down and may even get them ko by a pokemon so i decided for once not to make a weather team and go for a hazard team

:547:

Whimsicott (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Toxic

I added whimsicott to my team because it can stop pokemon from setting up with encore. Once encore is used i can switch to jirachi and set up calm mind or ferrothron to set up spikes which helps to get them all down. i picked toxic because i can stop chansey with it and get leechseed set up i never gave whimicott an move to attack because i only use it to stall or set up leech and switch pokemon .

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Protect

gliscor is one of my main stallers on my team abusing sub and protect to heal with poison heal. if you are faster than the other pokemon you should have no problem stalling them when they are poisoned. i picked earthquake because steel types can not be poisoned this means gliscor would be useless unless one of my ghost types burned the steel pokemon. the evds are basic defense and speed to help gilscor stall alot of pokemon

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray

i picked dusclops because this is one ghost which should not be messed with and is capable of taking alot of hits. i picked will o wisp to burn pokemon like scizor which do alot of damage when burned i be able to switch knowing a will take less damage and maybe be able to recover some health to. i picked confuse ray to help me do more damage to the pokemon and if the pokemon is already paralyzed this helps me to reduce damage and even ko the pokemon before it hits me the evds are simple again work on the deference to stall and damage pokemon

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Protect

im still worried about this pokemon because i can't pick between the moves iron head is good and even better when the pokemon is poisoned. calm mind is to set up and sweep other pokemon while it also gains sp def to take less damage i picked psyshock because gengar is a threat to my team and it's weakness psyshock so this helps big time jirachi can also heal other members on the team who are to slow or incapable of gaining enough hp.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

ferrothorn is a major player to my team once spikes are set up i can ko alot pokemon faster which will help me stay on high health. i picked thunder wave to stop jirachi and a few other pokemon also once i ht them with thunderwave i can switch to dusclops and use confuse ray damageing there pokes even more and if they switch spikes should hurt them as long as there not flying i picked leechseed to help ferrothron gain more hp and be able to survive in case i need him again

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt

i picked jellicent because it is very bulky and it helps gliscor against water pokemon. i picked taunt to stop set ups for pokemon who try set up when i have jellicent i did have toxic over will o wisp but steel types keep getting in the way of my team recover helps jellient stall. with it's great type it's one hard pokemon to take down unless they have rotom w which then i would switch to ferrothron

overall

my team lacks something but i can't think what it is i may replace jellicent with vapoureon because it can pass wish to team members may add Tentacruel to the team to stop hazards hurting me :)

the new team hazard
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Giga Drain

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Thunder Wave

- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Protect

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Sludge Bomb

ingore the drain punch jirachi it was for a test lol

Last edited:

Stumpy1393

- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Toxic/Giga Drain

I added whimsicott to my team because it can stop pokemon from setting up with encore. Once encore is used i can switch to jirachi and set up calm mind or ferrothron to set up spikes which helps to get them all down. i picked toxic because i can stop chansey with it and get leechseed set up i never gave whimicott an move to attack because i only use it to stall or set up leech and switch pokemon .

This set up is asking for Taunt bait. Gliscor already has toxic, let him abuse that hazard. Giga Drain is great for Extra healing, add that ontop of Leftovers+Substitute, and you got yourself one annoying Whimsicott.

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray

i picked dusclops because this is one ghost which should not be messed with and is capable of taking alot of hits. i picked will o wisp to burn pokemon like scizor which do alot of damage when burned i be able to switch knowing a will take less damage and maybe be able to recover some health to. i picked confuse ray to help me do more damage to the pokemon and if the pokemon is already paralyzed this helps me to reduce damage and even ko the pokemon before it hits me the evds are simple again work on the deference to stall and damage pokemon

Why Night Shade? I'd go Shadow Ball for some great STAB.

- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

ferrothorn is a major player to my team once spikes are set up i can ko alot pokemon faster which will help me stay on high health. i picked thunder wave to stop jirachi and a few other pokemon also once i ht them with thunderwave i can switch to dusclops and use confuse ray damageing there pokes even more and if they switch spikes should hurt them as long as there not flying i picked leechseed to help ferrothron gain more hp and be able to survive in case i need him again

What about maybe having Gyro Ball. With His Low speed, it will hit harder. More of a personal preference really. Nothing wrong with Thunder Wave.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover
- Taunt

i picked jellicent because it is very bulky and it helps gliscor against water pokemon. i picked taunt to stop set ups for pokemon who try set up when i have jellicent i did have toxic over will o wisp but steel types keep getting in the way of my team recover helps jellient stall. with it's great type it's one hard pokemon to take down unless they have rotom w which then i would switch to ferrothron

overall

my team lacks something but i can't think what it is i may replace jellicent with vapoureon because it can pass wish to team members may add Tentacruel to the team to stop hazards hurting me :)

I'd Really think about getting a Strong Sweeper in here, atleast one. Nothign wrong with a Stall team! I love em'! But you need something to Be able to Dish out the hits as well. I'm not sure what kind you're looking for, But just look for a nice, strong, effective Sweeper for your team

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
^the thing about dusclops, he has horrible attacking stats, or atleast compared to dusknoir. Night shade is free 100 damage to anything but normals, who won't really be a threat anyways. But yes, you do need a sweeper there, maybe tur gliscor into a swords dance sweeper instead.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
^the thing about dusclops, he has horrible attacking stats, or atleast compared to dusknoir. Night shade is free 100 damage to anything but normals, who won't really be a threat anyways. But yes, you do need a sweeper there, maybe tur gliscor into a swords dance sweeper instead.

hmm maybe i should use terrakion

Stumpy1393

*facepalms* .........idk what i was reading But I didn't read Dusclops...sorry my bad!

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
^no worries, everyone makes mistakes
So, if you keep t-wave on ferro, use power whip because t-wave lowers gyro balls base power. Also, maybe instead of protect on jirachi, use iron head to abuse the paraflinch with ferro or stall toxic out. This way you can use psychic instead of Psyshock to hit physical walls. You can leave the nature as is since iron head is for small damage and stalling, not for the overall KO.
Im not sure who to suggest to take out for terrakion though.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
that jirachi set is ok if you still want to use it, but i prefer something like this

Jirachi@leftovers
Careful
252HP/232SDef/24Spe
Iron Head
Body Slam
Wish
Protect/Fire Punch

This is good set cause it can paralyze, flinch and recover itself or someone else in the team

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
that jirachi set is ok if you still want to use it, but i prefer something like this

Jirachi@leftovers
Careful
252HP/232SDef/24Spe
Iron Head
Body Slam
Wish
Protect/Fire Punch

This is good set cause it can paralyze, flinch and recover itself or someone else in the team

see that's the problem i can't pick between them both because the time i get jirachi out the pokemon is poisoned or burned but i change jirachi last night to give it iron head over calm mind

Haru Glory

Rave Master
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Giga Drain

Good, just go with Giga Drain instead of Toxic, 'cause you could have a Toxic Spiker, if you use my choice. And 4 Defense EVs just for fun.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd (Sp. Defense or Speed? In any case, go on Speed)
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Ice Fang

You don't really need Protect, you already have Substitute, so use Ice Fang to kill Dragons, Flying and other Gliscors. Taunt to block entry hazards, and to not be Taunted.

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def OR 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)/Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Shadow Punch/Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray

Since Dusclops is more a physical attacker, go with Shadow Punch, just to do some damage. 60 base power, has STAB, and never fails. Or, if you want to stay on the special side, use Calm nature and Shadow Ball.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Iron Head

He's a good defensive, so he doesn't need to Protect to recover. Go with Iron Head to abuse flinch.

- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Perfect, just change the entry hazard. Stealth Rock is better IMHO.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Clear Body/Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP/4 SpA/252 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, - Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf

Go with this one instead of Jellicent. Toxic Spikes is the best entry hazard ever (set 1 layer, the best is 2), Rapid Spin to remove the entry hazard on your field, Sludge Bomb and Surf to do massive STAB damage. As for the ability, go with Liquid Ooze in case you're afraid of HP-absorbing moves, or Rain Dish if you know you can abuse Rain in some way. Black Sludge for recover, and damage the opponent if they Trick you.

Changes in Bold.

Last edited:

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Hey, I've been using this team and I can say that it's REALLY good.

Well first of all you're 6-0ed by most kinds of Thundurus. Lum Nasty Plot Thundurus outruns and one shots this entire team after a single boost. Mixed TTar also KOs pretty much everything on this team between an ice move, fire blast, and crunch. Ferrothorn also spikes on this entire team [although Tentacreul helps out a bit] Tentacreul has no way of breaking Jellicent unless if you sludge bomb it 30 times and poison it, which is likely with you. Taunt SD Gliscor is really annoying to this team since after a single boost, your entire team is 2HKOed. Not to mention that half of your team is setup for it, so you're basically begging for a sweep. I have no idea how a team with Gliscor manages to be Excadrill weak, but you manage it. The best you can do is try to block it with Dusclops but it still loses badly to any life orb version. Substitute dragon tail Dragonite is an extreme annoyance to this team since nothing on this team breaks its subs and the best you can do is rapid spin away any hazards which won't do anything. Heatran destroys this entire team, being able to cleanly ohko five members of this team and the only one who can take a fire blast is weak to earth power and has no recovery. Any Volcarona that is running quiver dance and some fire move easily 6-0es you. Skarmory + Jellicent or pretty much any defensively based team can easily 6-0 this team. Pretty much any Gengar with substitute is able to take out several members of this team since the best you can do is try and beat it with Dusclops. Magnezone + any dragon type teams will also break this team extremely easily since I wouldn't trust you to play very smart around Magnezone strapping your steels. Balloon double dance Terrakion can murder this team while choice band also 2HKOs this entire team. Mixmence has little trouble 2HKOing this entire team and your only shot at winning is burning it with Dusclops. Landorus manages to also 2HKO this entire team and you will not be able to play around it if it manages to set up a sub. Expert Belt Hydregion also destroys this team being able to blow holes in this team easily with draco meteor. Cloyster destroys this team completely after a shell smash too, which probably means omastar does the exact same thing.

You really need Tyranitar on this team so that you aren't absolutely destroyed by every other weather that exists. A scarf set with crunch | pursuit | superpower | stone edge with a jolly nature and maximum attack and speed would work really well since it allows you to check Gengar, Thundurus, and swords dance Terrakion. Whismicott is the worst choice for this team since even if you do prevent some threats from setting up, its not like you can do anything anyways. It was probably a mistake to put Tentacreul over Jellicent. Jellicent really helps you spin block hazards and it also stops you from being 6-0ed by SD Scizor which is very likely. A set with scald | taunt | will-o-wisp | recover and a spread of 252 HP | 144 Def | 112 Spe with a bold nature and leftovers would work really well haha. Heatran would work really well on this team since it can beat quiver dance Volcarona with ease. A set with stealth rocks | flamethrower | toxic | roar and a spread of 248 HP | 252 SpDef | 8 Spe and a calm nature with leftover would work well. With these changes, a calm mind + roar latias would work really really well over Jirachi! Calm mind roar Latias helps with Reuniclus and Heatran which is really helpful haha xD. A set with calm mind | dragon pulse | roost | roar and maximum hp and speed with a timid nature and leftovers is a GREAT choice! Finally, I'd try an Forretress over Dusclops. You really could use a good spinner for this team since defensive cores will really trouble you. It really works well too especially since toxic spikes helps out Gliscor. A set for Forretress with toxic spikes | volt switch | rapid spin | gyro ball would work really well with maximum special defense and hp with an impish nature and leftovers. Spikes is another option over volt switch on Forretress although that part is up to you. With that, I'd maybe try running ice fang on Gliscor, although toxic still works so its cool.

So now your new team is Scarf Tyranitar | Forretress | SpDef Heatran | Jellicent | CM Roar Latias | Substitute Protect Gliscor!!!!

That's all I have to say, when I used this team I felt these changes would do really well. Good Luck! :)

Last edited:

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Hey, I've been using this team and I can say that its REALLY good.

Well first of all you're 6-0ed by most kinds of Thundurus. Lum Nasty Plot Thundurus outruns and one shots this entire team after a single boost. Mixed TTar also KOs pretty much everything on this team between an ice move, fire blast, and crunch. Ferrothorn also spikes on this entire team [although Tentacreul helps out a bit] Tentacreul has no way of breaking Jellicent unless if you sludge bomb it 30 times and poison it, which is likely with you. Taunt SD Gliscor is really annoying to this team since after a single boost, your entire team is 2HKOed. Not to mention that half of your team is setup for it, so you're basically begging for a sweep. I have no idea how a team with Gliscor manages to be Excadrill weak, but you manage it. The best you can do is try to block it with Dusclops but it still loses badly to any life orb version. Substitute dragon tail Dragonite is an extreme annoyance to this team since nothing on this team breaks its subs and the best you can do is rapid spin away any hazards which won't do anything. Heatran destroys this entire team, being able to cleanly ohko five members of this team and the only one who can take a fire blast is weak to earth power and has no recovery. Any Volcarona that is running quiver dance and some fire move easily 6-0es you. Skarmory + Jellicent or pretty much any defensively based team can easily 6-0 this team. Pretty much any Gengar with substitute is able to take out several members of this team since the best you can do is try and beat it with Dusclops. Magnezone + any dragon type teams will also break this team extremely easily since I wouldn't trust you to play very smart around Magnezone strapping your steels. Balloon double dance Terrakion can murder this team while choice band also 2HKOs this entire team. Mixmence has little trouble 2HKOing this entire team and your only shot at winning is burning it with Dusclops. Landorus manages to also 2HKO this entire team and you will not be able to play around it if it manages to set up a sub. Expert Belt Hydregion also destroys this team being able to blow holes in this team easily with draco meteor. Cloyster destroys this team completely after a shell smash too, which probably means omastar does the exact same thing.

You really need Tyranitar on this team so that you aren't absolutely destroyed by every other weather that exists. A scarf set with crunch | pursuit | superpower | stone edge with a jolly nature and maximum attack and speed would work really well since it allows you to check Gengar, Thundurus, and swords dance Terrakion. Whismicott is the worst choice for this team since even if you do prevent some threats from setting up, its not like you can do anything anyways. It was probably a mistake to put Tentacreul over Jellicent. Jellicent really helps you spin block hazards and it also stops you from being 6-0ed by SD Scizor which is very likely. A set with scald | taunt | will-o-wisp | recover and a spread of 252 HP | 144 Def | 112 Spe with a bold nature and leftovers would work really well haha. Heatran would work really well on this team since it can beat quiver dance Volcarona with ease. A set with stealth rocks | flamethrower | toxic | roar and a spread of 248 HP | 252 SpDef | 8 Spe and a calm nature with leftover would work well. With these changes, a calm mind + roar latias would work really really well over Jirachi! Calm mind roar Latias helps with Reuniclus and Heatran which is really helpful haha xD. A set with calm mind | dragon pulse | roost | roar and maximum hp and speed with a timid nature and leftovers is a GREAT choice! Finally, I'd try an Forretress over Dusclops. You really could use a good spinner for this team since defensive cores will really trouble you. It really works well too especially since toxic spikes helps out Gliscor. A set for Forretress with toxic spikes | volt switch | rapid spin | gyro ball would work really well with maximum special defense and hp with an impish nature and leftovers. Spikes is another option over volt switch on Forretress although that part is up to you. With that, I'd maybe try running ice fang on Gliscor, although toxic still works so its cool.

So now your new team is Scarf Tyranitar | Forretress | SpDef Heatran | Jellicent | CM Roar Latias | Substitute Protect Gliscor!!!!

That's all I have to say, when I used this team I felt these changes would do really well. Good Luck! :)

i will give it a try thanks :)