• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team help

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
Anyone care to help me sort out my team?

Charizard

Slash
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Fly

This is the same moveset that my FR Zard had. Worked back then

Feraligatr

Slash
Crunch
Surf
Ice Fang

Luxray

Tackle
Spark
Thunder Fang
Crunch

I have no idea why Tackle is still on it

Torterra

Crunch
Earthquake
Giga Drain
Razor Leaf

Garchomp

Draco Meteor
Dragon Rush
Crunch
Slash

The problem with my team is there are far too many slashes and crunches as I don't know what moves go well with the new generation. I also have two pokemon with a 4x weakness to ice, which isin't good.

I also need a 6th member. I was toying around with the idea of a modest Alakazam or something. And maybe something like Lucario instead of Garchomp.

Any thoughts?

Kikkoman

Feraligatr would be better off with Waterfall instead of Surf, cause its attack is way higher than special attack. Also, try losing Thunder Fang from Luxray, cause Spark has the same power, better accuracy, and better chance of paralysis, while Tfang has only 10% of either paralyse or flinch. For Torterra, I gave mine Wood Hammer, and it's doing alright. If you still want a special attack on it though, go for Leaf Storm, which it learns at level 51. This is like Overheat, pretty much; you won't be using it that much as Torterra has a way better attack stat. Use Leaf storm as a surprise.

Feraligatr (Adamant Nature)
-Waterfall/Aqua Tail (I like Waterfall more. It has better accuracy)
-Ice Punch
-EQ
-Dragon Dance

:D

But if you're unable to get Dragon Dance, you can always use Swords Dance too. And Ice Punch can be replaced with Ice Fang...

For Luxray, you could put Iron Tail instead of Thunder Fang and Return instead of Tackle. I'm assuming you don't want to breed for Ice Fang...

Charizard (Timid Nature/another +Speed Nature[not Jolly]/+Sp.Attack Nature)
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Air Slash
-WoW/Sunny Day

I guess Solar Beam could go on that set if you're using Sunny Day...

If you want a physical Charizard, you could go with:

Charizard (Adamant/Jolly/+Speed Nature/+Attack Nature)
-Fire Blast
-Swords Dance
-EQ/Rock Slide
-Aerial Ace/Wing Attack

Fly could go in the last slot if you need a way to get around. :/ Slash is mainly a filler attack, so replace it with something that gets STAB or can be Super-Effective against another Pokemon.

Torterra (Impish Nature/+Def Nature that doesn't -Sp.Def)
-Leech Seed
-EQ/Wood Hammer
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide (depends if you want accuracy over power)/Wood Hammer
-Reflect/Wood Hammer

Giga Drain isn't needed here. Torterra is more of a physical Pokemon.

Garchomp (Adamant/Jolly Nature)
-EQ
-Dragon Claw
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Swords Dance/Fire Fang

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
Any idea what evs Charizard, Feraligatr and Torterra should have?

And the long process of breeding for the right nature starts. Is Brave any good for Luxray?