• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Infernal Detriment (Wifi Monotype) MonoFire

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So, with Genesect being banned pretty much ruining my MonoSteel, I need a new primary MonoType team. Naturally, I looked to my second favourite type, and the only other type I had any success with at all, Fire.

Fire is an interesting type. If it wasn't for DroughtTales being banned from PO Monotype, I am insistent it would be the dominant type by far, but unfortunately, he is.

As we all know, Fire is terrible defensively. There's very little to do about it's Rock, Ground, and Water weaknesses, so I figured I'd throw defense to the wind and go all-out offensively. Of course, exposure to every type of hazards poses a problem...

Instead of boring you with a teambuilding process, I'll just get right to the team for now.

555.gif

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-U-Turn
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower
-Earthquake

Darmanitan opens my team as an anti-lead sweeper by putting pressure on opposing leads and hazard setters by threatening powerful Sheer Force boosted Flare Blitzes. Ferrothorn is OHKO'd, Hippowdown is 2HKO'd, Skamory is 2HKOd (unfortunately 3HKO'd if it carries Leftovers), and nearly all other hazard setters are one or two hit KO'd, with only Tentacruel being a threat. Tentacruel eats Earthquake. Superpower hits leads like Tyranitar hard, and U-Turn is mandatory on a Choice user, but I might look into other options.

609.gif

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Trait: Flash Fire (unless Shadow Tag isn't banned on PO Monotype)
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Energy Ball

While Darmanitan hits from the physical side, Chandelure launches massively powerful Special attacks. My favourite set is the Choice Scarf set, launching incredibly powerful Fire Blasts and Shadow Balls. Hidden Power (Ice) hits Gliscor and Landorus, while Energy Ball is reserved only for Swampert, Gastrodon, and the Rock/Water Shell Smashers like Omastar and Carracosta.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Timid
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Flame Charge

An old friend I just couldn't help but use, Flame Charge Heatran poses an offensive threat to any team, as well as packing 4 double-resistances and two immunities. Fire Blast is a powerful STAB that hits everything neutral to it for hard damage, while Earth Power hits opposing Fire types hard. Dragon Pulse smacks Lati@s, Kingdra, and the like hard, while Flame Charge is solely for boosting Speed on switches.

324.gif

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Trait: White Smoke
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 4 Sp. Def
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Will O' Wisp
-Lava Plume

Meet Fire's only spinner (unfortunately), Torkoal. While Torkoal has decent defensive stats, he's crippled by a terrible typing and no recovery. I gave him Stealth Rocks for lack of a better option, and Will O' Wisp to shut down physical attackers and walls. Lava Plume stops him from being total Taunt bait.

392.gif

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Nature: Hasty
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Atk
-Overheat
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-U-Turn

MixApe with Thunderpunch, not much to say. Overheat roasts physical walls, especially Skarmory, while STAB Close Combat massacres that which does not resist it. Mach Punch picks off weakened threats that might outspeed him. U-Turn lets him bluff a Scarf set.

494.gif

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-V-Create
-Bolt Strike
-Zen Headbutt
-U-Turn

Victini is quite probably my MVP, and carrys a lot of weight on my team, including being my biggest threat to Water teams. V-Create roasts anything and everything that doesn't resist it, but unfortunately Water teams do resist it, so that's where Bolt Strike comes in. Zen Headbutt is mostly for Fighting teams, and U-Turn is for hopping to Chandelure if necessary.

So that's it, really. As a Fire team, it naturally faces a lot of problems, most notably Water teams. There's literally nothing I could do about that, however. I considered Rotom-H over Victini, and still am somewhat considering it, but I don't think he quite has the power to KO most threats, while a Fusion Bolt from Victini leaves anything hurting. Stealth Rocks is a problem, since I'm using the world's worst spinner, bar Delibird. Really, anything I can't simply overpower and sweep poses a problem, but there's not a lot that can eat my STAB Fire attacks and threaten me in return. I am also aware that I'm using 3 Choice users, but all 3 are notoriously hard to wall, and worse comes to worse, I'll sacrifice Torkoal.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Yeah I was gonna say something about the three scarfers, but you`re aware of that. Maybe change one of them to choice band for extra power. It is quite a challenge to build a mono fire team, with all those weaknesses. Anyway, I`ll give my opinion on the team.
First of all, I thought I was the only one who uses flame charge heatran! It outspeeds a lot of uninvested threats, like gliscor. No one expects that, only to be killed by a fire blast. It`s awesome! It must be even better in the monogen metagame, because of no flash fire on most teams. I recommend hidden power ice over dragon pulse though, as it gives you a way to kill ground types especially. I can imagine seeing a lot of dragon teams though. I don`t know what`s better against them, dragon pulse or hp ice.
If torkoal is really dead weight on your team, make it a HO team, and replace torkoal with volcarona or any other offensive fire type.

Hope this helps!

superstar

Genesect isn't banned on PO monotype :D

But yeah, this is a pretty solid team. Major threats:

Ground: Scarf Landorus or RP Landorus will rape you. Nothing you can do about that with monofire, moving on.
Flying: See above. Except Salamence and Dragonite usually carry EQ as well. And Gliscor.
Rock: Terrakion and TTar are pretty killer since not much can take a Stone Edge but at least Infernape can deal okay.
You are pretty good against Bug and Steel though, just be careful of Heatran.

Only suggestions I have are to maybe add a Volcarona over Chandelure to at least have a ground neutrality once the Balloon pops...
Could also use Shell Smash Torkaol, but I'm not sure how well that would work outside of NU.
GL

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
There's one thing missing here, that every Mono-Fire team should have, and that's Rotom-H! Why is he so good on Mono-Fire? Well, he's immune to ground type attacks, which is one weakness out the way. He also gets STAB Electric attacks, so that's a second weakness kinda out the way. He also gets Volt Switch which helps you keep momentum, and, as you've mentioned, you should really be going all-out offensive with Mono-Fire. I'd replace Victini or Darmanitan for this, since they kinda seem to fill the same role.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Tales may be banned, but I don't think Sunny Day is (correct me if it is), so adding that onto one of your Pokémon could give you a nice little boost indeed.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
There's one thing missing here, that every Mono-Fire team should have, and that's Rotom-H! Why is he so good on Mono-Fire? Well, he's immune to ground type attacks, which is one weakness out the way. He also gets STAB Electric attacks, so that's a second weakness kinda out the way. He also gets Volt Switch which helps you keep momentum, and, as you've mentioned, you should really be going all-out offensive with Mono-Fire. I'd replace Victini or Darmanitan for this, since they kinda seem to fill the same role.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Tales may be banned, but I don't think Sunny Day is (correct me if it is), so adding that onto one of your Pokémon could give you a nice little boost indeed.

Problem is, nobody but Torkoal and maybe Victini (who is scarfed) has the bulk to set up Sunny Day without dying. Torkoal will probably miss the Leftovers recovery, but I'll try Sunny Day > Will O' Wisp and Heat Rock > Leftovers. Also testing Rotom-H > Victini.