• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Inspired by Green/Gary

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
So I was looking at the Gym Challenge teams for Stadium 2 and saw the teams for Viridian City's gym. I was thinking the teams were pretty balanced and made an original team of Arcanine, Scizor, Gengar, Rhyperior, Pidgeot, and Alakazam. I tweaked some to further balance the team and suit some of my own preferences and this is what I got.

Green_Adventures.png

The Team
Spr_5b_059.png
Spr_5b_598.png
Spr_5b_094.png
Spr_4h_130_m.png
Spr_5b_464_m.png
Spr_5b_196.png

;059; @ Life Orb
Adamant
Intimidate
~Close Combat
~Wild Charge
~Flare Blitz
~Extremespeed
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Green and I share a liking for Arcanine. My favorite pokemon, I'm always looking for an excuse to use Arcanine. The attacks are the standard set for Arcanine. Chose Extremespeed over Crunch due to lack of priority anywhere else on the team.
Spr_5b_059.png

:598: @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed
Iron Barbs
~Spikes
~Leech Seed
~Power Whip
~Thunder Wave
252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD

My variant on the standard Ferrothorn. Swapped out Scizor for this guy to give my team some form of defense, as well as giving me a pokemon to set up Spikes. Gave Leftovers to Rhyperior, so I couldn't use that here. Chose Rocky Helmet for even more damage along with Iron Barbs, and Leech Seed if set up. Power Whip is the obligatory STAB attack. I decided to use Thunder Wave over a second attack to make Ferrothorn more of a utility to the team, making my attacking pokemon jobs easier. Also makes for a good switch in to the bulky waters that may try to take out Arcanine and Rhyperior.
Spr_5b_598.png

;094; @ Black Sludge
Timid
Levitate
~Disable
~Shadow Ball
~Substitute
~Focus Blast
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Gengar was chosen from one of Green's two teams on Stadium 2. Using the sub/disable variant mainly because I currently have no way of getting a Gengar with Pain Split, which I'd honestly prefer. Works well alongside Ferrothorn, blocking Rapid Spinners and switching into fighting types trying to punch Ferrothorn out.
Spr_5b_094.png

;130; @ Lum Berry
Jolly
Moxie
~Waterfall
~Dragon Dance
~Bounce
~Stone Edge
56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe

This spot was originally held by Pidgeot, but Pidegeot sucks. So, the spot needed to be filled by a better flying type. I looked to Staraptor as an alternative, but favored Gyarados due to the dual water typing (I like having a Water, Grass, and Fire type on my team in some form). Green uses Gyarados as well, so it works even more! Opted for Lum Berry to shrug off the first status effect to try and cripple the sea monster. Life Orb is definitely an option though. But for now, I'm gonna stick with the berry to avoid paralysis and burns.
Spr_4h_130_m.png

;464; @ Leftovers
Adamant
Solid Rock
~Earthquake
~Stealth Rock
~Megahorn
~Rock Blast
160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe

In stadium 2, Green only had access to Rhydon, luckily I have access to the improved Rhyperior. Sets up Stealth Rocks so Ferrothorn doesn't have to.
Spr_5b_464_m.png

;196; @ Light Clay
Timid
Magic Bounce
~Light Screen
~Reflect
~Psychic
~Grass Knot
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

This spot was originally held by Alakazam, but I'm not a huge fan and looked for an alternate Psychic type. I switched to Espeon because I've been breeding Eevee recently want an excuse to use a Magic Bounce Espeon. Sets up screens to make Gyarados's dancing easier and make it easier for the team in general to live. Sadly Espeon has a small movepool. Grass Knot is in the last spot due to me not having an eevee with the preferred IVs for the right Hidden Power, yet.
Spr_5b_196.png

***​

Not really a defensive team tbh, but I think it could work. This is meant for OU. I'm not active in the competitive pokemon meta at all, so I don't really know what I'm doing lol. This involved a lot of searching on Smogon tbh. Any help is welcome. Don't know if I'm actually going to make this team or not...

Last edited:

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
I would switch grass knot for shadow ball. Grass knot isnt very helpful

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
I would switch grass knot for shadow ball. Grass knot isnt very helpful

Though I agree, grass knot isn't that helpful, neither is Shadow Ball. It only really checks ghost types and rival psychic types. I'd actually say to check in Hidden Power Fighting. Scores a nasty hit on Tyranitar (a likely switch in) and even hits Ferrothorn for a bit of super effective. You get to check dark types, rock types, steel types and normal types with one move.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
y u no like Alakazam? It gets Magic Guard so it can switch into hazards with impunity. It also prevent Life Orb recoil, which is awesome :D Another thing, maybe you should think about replacing Bounce on Gyarados for another move. Maybe Earthquake or Ice Fang.

Still, this a very neat idea for a team :D

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I would also change bounce on Gyarados for Earthquake so you get Quake edge. I would also advise this ev spread for him ( 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe ) just so you are able to out speed Jolteon, or more specifically base 130's, who are now a lot more common in OU. And you don't have a sub to protect you.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
hmm, maybe I should switch Espeon to Alakazam? But is it worth it to lose Magic Bounce and dual screens?