• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team inspired by SkyNet

Lazabeam

Hey everybody this is my Hyper offesne team. I got the idea from a guy at smogon whos name starts with an "s" but I can't remember, and SkyNet who also had a RMT here.​

Anyway for those of you who don't know Hyper Offense is like a repeated cycle of things setting up to eventually destroy or damage their own counters so that another sweeper with similar counters can sweep.​

This team currently has me sitting at #19 on the ladder but I think that I could vastly improve it. Thats were you come in :)

Oh and the pokemon names are just people they remind me of

OVERVIEW

065alakazamshiny.png
212scizor.png
230kingdra.png
130gyarados.png
248tyranitarshiny.png
373salamence.png

IM GOIN IN!!!

065alakazamshiny.png

D~Love @ Light Clay
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Hp 252 / SpD 42 / 216 Spe
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Taunt
-Psychic

Leads off like nothing else can base 120 Spe and access to dual screens is only available for this guy. It is pretty much a neccesity to get up screens or else the battle doesn't always go so well.

Dual Screens are for obvious reasons. Taunt stops SR which my team pretty much hates. I choose to go with Psychic because Machamp leads could otherwise destroy me

The EVs hit a jump point in Spe and max out Hp the SpD is really just filler but also gives me a small chance of surviving gengars shadow ball.
---------

212scizor.png

Kyle @ Life Orb
Ability: Tech.
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Super Power
-Bullet Punch
-Quick Attack / U-Turn

Good ol' Double priorty platzor he really is amazing at what he does which is killing There really isn't much to say here im sure your all familiar with him.

Swords Dance is to boost my atk sky high and Superpower > Brick Break so I don't break my own Screens Bullet punch destroys everything that doesn't resist it. I have been using U-Turn but decided to go quick attack just because it really helps a lot more.

EVs just max out Atk and pretty much HP but the 8 Spe EVs just let me beat vaporeon who doesn't invest much in Spe.
----------

230kingdra.png

SkyNet @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Substitute

Platinum abus kingdra is the Heart of this team and is usually were the majority of the kills come from. Lum berry allows him to switch into status if absolutley needed but it also cures him of the outrage confusion. He is the only member of my team who can block status

Dragon Dance Is the best move in the game IMO and is lets Kingdra become an immediate threat just after 1. Outrage and Waterfall are really my only 2 good attacking options and they get STAB. Substitute lets me block Status and shield me from moves like Extreme Speed that are trying to end my Sweep

EVs are standard and just max out atk and spe.
----------

130gyarados.png

Kingdrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Stone Edge

Standard DDdos here except for the Jolly nature which not too many people run, but I think that its the best nature for it. Gyarados is WIN.

Dragon Dance is just to give my stats some serious boost. Waterfall gets STAB and is my best attack. Stone Edge lets me destroy flying types and gets good coverage. Bounce lets me dodge explosions and lets me beat celebi who seems to becoming more popular now a days.

----------

248tyranitarshiny.png

JRCxyz @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Fire Punch
-Crunch

Most people would say LO+SS is a no no but Idc this guy really makes up for all of that and is such an animal after all of his counters have been weakend or killed. Babiri berry is so scizor cant take me out easily

Again I <3333 Dragon Dance. Stone Edge and Crunch are 2 STABS that get good coverage and are pretty powerful. Fire punch are for steels who resist the other attacks but is mainly for scizor

-----------

373salamence.png

Salavoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
50 Hp / Atk 252 / SpA 24 / Spe 184
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Ironic how the most destructive thing in platinum has been a joke for me seriously I need to replace him. He isn't doing well here

Once agian DD. Are you starting to notice a trend? Outrage is insanley Powerful with or without a DD. Earthquake so im not walled by Tran. and Fire blast is so I can OHKO Skarm

EVs outspeed stuff aiming to outspeed jolly Lucario by 1 Point, Max atk, and OHKO skarm with Fire Blast. Hp is just for filler.
THAR YA GO
Rate/Hate/Steal Idk what you do really although I would prefer the 1st​

Last edited:

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
a cross chop/ice punch electrivire can kill you team, cross chop on tyranitar, ice punch your salamance and thunder punch your gyarados, watch for it, or a ice punch/earthquake/blaze kick/close combat lucario can kill your tyranitar, your scizor, and your salamance......just watch out for those.

Lazabeam

a cross chop/ice punch electrivire can kill you team, cross chop on tyranitar, ice punch your salamance and thunder punch your gyarados, watch for it, or a ice punch/earthquake/blaze kick/close combat lucario can kill your tyranitar, your scizor, and your salamance......just watch out for those.

There is no possible safe way to get him him in. He is either going to take major damage or be outspeed and KO'ed the next turn. Even Alakazam after reflect can take him lol

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
baton pass from an umbreon. especially if it has 0 speed ivs. the umbreon that is.

and i do love that tyranitar, im making one myself, but it is a DD one.

Xhizors

Banned
Kingdra doesn't need that much speed EVs, it needs some bulk to take hits as it's typing and bulkiness is what seperates him from Salamence as a Dragon Dancer. Use one of these spreads depending on how bulky you want Kingdra to be: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe, the speed EVs allow Kingdra to outspeed base 130 Spe Pokemon like Aerodactyl, Jolteon and Crobat after a Dragon Dance, max attack is obvious and the rest is dumped into HP. 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe, the Speed EVs allow you to outspeed max speed Jolly Tyranitar before a DD and Gengar, max speed Timid Latias, Gengar, Azelf and Ambipom (Base 110 and 115 Spe).

The reason why Salamence isn't working is Sandstorm, Life Orb and Stealth Rock. You have no Rapid spinner, Tyranitar is useless on this team because he only contributes to get Salamence worned down and he looses 10 % of hid HP each turn because of Life Orb. Have you tested this team? because from the looks of things, Gyarados shouldn't be doing well too. Your Gyarados and Salamence will take a minimum 25% (Stealth Rock) + 6.25% (Sand Stream) + 6.25% (Sand Stream) + 10% (Life Orb) = 47.5% damage every time it switches in and attacks, and this is assuming it is untouched by your opponent's Pokémon. Residual damage is why Salamence and Gyarados aren't Uber. How do you expect them to last if they loose more than half their HP from the beggining of the match?

Again, Gyarados wants some bulk to take advantage of Intimidate and switch in with more ease. Use this EV spread: 74 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe, Max Attack is obvious to deal as much damage as possible. 184 Speed EVs allow him to outspeed base 115s after a DD, notably Starmie. The rest is thrown into HP for extra survivability. The only reason why you should use Bounce is because of the Leftovers recovery so just use Leftovers as an item.

To tell you the truth, I highly doubt that this team got you so high on the ladder because this has a lot more flaws. Four Dragon Dancers isn't a very wise thing to do. Offensive teams are built on resistances so the player can make switches around the team, so having my pokemon taking minimal passive damage is essential when playing with no walls.. This isn't what you're doing, two Stealth Rock weak is more than enough reason to get a Rapid Spinner. This team is also unable to counter a lot of threats, notably DDers like Salamence, Gyarados, Tyranitar and Kingdra. I would suggest replacing Tyranitar, but it looks like it needs a complete revamp to be honest because it looks like you've thrown six Pokemons together without putting a lot of thought into it.

Lazabeam

It isn't OFFENSE it's HYPER OFFENSE they are 2 different things

Tbh idc if you don't think I got that high. I know I did

So do you have a suggestion over mence?

Xhizors

Banned
You don't seem to understand how offensive teams work you should be able to switch in taking as little damage as possible. Your team also has a lot of common weaknesses. The reason, I suggested those EV spreads is because, those Spe EVs are useless and you would be wasting EVs if you use them. Also, I told you why Salamence isn't working, so you need to replace Tyranitar, not Salamence.

EDIT: If you look at Stathakis' (he created Hyper Offense) team, you realise that he has resistances to every type unlike you. They actually have some synergy together.

Last edited:

Rezon

Banned
Alright way to many set up sweepers.

130gyarados.png
- Change him to Zapdos. This way you can coutner Scizor and have some extra special attacking support.

212scizor.png
- I suggest changing this to a Choice Band Metagross set. This way you have a bulky pokemon to take Salamence Outrage and have a powerful hitter that doesn't need set up.

248tyranitarshiny.png
- He doesn't fit your team at all. Switch it to a special sweeper of some sory. Someone like Gengar, NAsty Plot Azelf, or SpecsJolteon. Nasty Plot MixApe would also go well there.

Hope I helped

Lazabeam

Ok you obviously don't seem to get how this team works it's set up attack attack attack die no switching. Unless your outspeed which doesn't happen much except for scarfers. You stay in on a counter to get some good damage on it and then die to open up a sweep for the next. There is really no purpose in switching. Don't bash it till you try it. I know it works so there is no point in telling me "how I should play my team".

Ok now that we got that out of the way. Tyranitar had been awesome but ok I see your point for removing it. What do you think we could do here to replace him?

@Rezon do you know what hyper offense is?

*sigh* where is a decent HO player when you need one

EDIT: He also doesn't have 5 set up sweepers or DS like I do

Last edited:

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
There's a reason why he is not using 5 set sweepers. Because there are times when you are not going to be able to set up at all for example when some sweeper has already set up, which you can not let someone else do. Most times, he have to attack straight off the bat. Anything with roar or any hazer/pseudo-hazer screws up your strategy of setting up. Alakazam is not the best pokemon to be setting up screens as he is frail, since he is best used as a full-functioning sweeper. Anything from Aerodactyl to Azelf can taunt it and screw it over. I don't see the point of a screener on this team anyway since Alakazam will most likely go down early and you have no obe to set up stealth rock, which is important for any team, especially offensive/hyper-offensive teams.

Xhizors is a great rater (and he is certified) as is Rezon, and they gave you good advice, but I guess you can't see that.

Last edited:

calum

Banned
Hyper Offence is different to offence and it is just continually battering the opponents physical walls until you can sweep with one pokemon. These teams require no thought and anyone can use.

The record was on TU btw.

Run somethin else over TTar. An SDCario works well.

Or you could use AgiliCario idk. You cant really rate these teams.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Team looks good.

Only thing that glares at me is the fact that Tyranitar does huge damage to the team through Stealth Rock.

My best recommendation is to replace him. A Swords Dancer, such as Lucario or Infernape could work well here, granting the team more raw power.

Also,
Anything from Aerodactyl to Azelf can taunt it and screw it over
These two are right next to each other in way of the alphabet. Would have looked better had you said From Aerodactyl to Zangoose.

Last edited:

Lazabeam

Ohh I do like the SD ape idea that's what I'm talking about Ging!!! Imma go test it now

@Calum anyone can use any team it just takes good players to use them to their maximum potential

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Hyper Offence is a rather simple to make, and easy to use style of team. But it is also very effective. I've used it a few time myself, but I prefer using mixed offence.

Adn it's always my pleasure to help people.

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
Ok, my suggestions would be to not have Zam as your lead. Your giving it EVs in HP, which is like giving a Blissey EVs in attack. Zam isnt a good set up guy, just because of how frail he is. My suggestion is to replace him with Bronzong, giving the same set, with 252 HP/128 Def/ 128 SpDef, to give even boosts to both sides of the defense. Then s later once your walls go down, you dont have to worry about switching in to set up with either of zongs abilities.

Also why are you ignoring Xhizors, and Rezons suggestions? They gave you great information and you just blatently ignored it. Then once someone says your team looks good, which it does on paper, (no offense gingbingo), and suggests the same thing as what people before have said, you agree to it? That just makes no sense in my mind.

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Feel My Aura
AARGHHH. Its Hyper Offense guys, much easier than it should be.

Set up Screens and Sweep from after the lead switches out. Simple. The rest have to be sweepers or, with exception, can be supportive of the sweepers. Guheeze.

Personally, i love Hyper Offense, i love other people that use it. So ill help you a bit with your team, since the one i used gave me mild success.

The Zam lead should work fine, if you dont want SR up. Two other pokemon that work well are Dual Screen Azelf and Dual Screen Bronzong. Im sure you have seen the Azelf before, but not the Zong. It really is a sturdy addition to any team as a lead, and it set up even in the likes of Taunting pokemon. Heres the Bronzong set i like to use, if you are interested:

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/92 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
---

Much better than the one suggested. Helps to set up screens while also being decently sturdy, unlike Zam or Azelf. It also sets up SR, which is very helpful seeing that your team causes tons of switches.

You could probably run SD Luke or NP Azelf over that Tyranitar, its only really hindering this team. I have used both on a Hyper Offensive team, and both work well because of thier great resistances and such.

Should be fucking KMR > whoever Kyle is >_>

Last edited:

Lazabeam

Set up Screens and Sweep from after the lead switches out. Simple. The rest have to be sweepers or, with exception, can be supportive of the sweepers. Guheeze.

Personally, i love Hyper Offense, i love other people that use it. So ill help you a bit with your team, since the one i used gave me mild success.

The Zam lead should work fine, if you dont want SR up. Two other pokemon that work well are Dual Screen Azelf and Dual Screen Bronzong. Im sure you have seen the Azelf before, but not the Zong. It really is a sturdy addition to any team as a lead, and it set up even in the likes of Taunting pokemon. Heres the Bronzong set i like to use, if you are interested:

Bronzong @ Light Clay
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
---

Much better than the one suggested. Helps to set up screens while also being decently sturdy, unlike Zam or Azelf. It also sets up SR, which is very helpful seeing that your team causes tons of switches.

You could probably run SD Luke or NP Azelf over that Tyranitar, its only really hindering this team. I have used both on a Hyper Offensive team, and both work well because of thier great resistances and such.

OMG KMR thank you...Finally somebody gets what im doing and thanks for the rate.

I have been testing zong and He has been working well but so Didn't Zam so in a couple more matches I should have the decision.

Zong is just very slow and is taunted a lot but he also puts up SR and he is also very reliable and can even come in late game and set up screens sometimes

On the other hand Zam Always gets off the screens unless it weaville or aerodactly and he can taun't Sleep users and people setting up SR. But he dies much too easily even with screens.

I tested SD luke and I don't like him however I havn't got to the NP zelf yet but im looking forward to trying it out

Bronzong @ Light Clay
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
---

Kyle is the coolest kid ever