• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Instinct Hangout Thread

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
Hey fellow Team Instinct members! As the game has just come to Canada I'm pretty new to this whole thing but I intend to return Instinct to it's glory within my city.

over the past couple of days I have hatched a few magikarp and yesterday I caught a weezing and Pikachu just need to finish powering up some pokemon to reclaim the gym near a store I go to a lot. I also hatched a nidoran female and evolved it into a 627 nidorina. my brother in team valor claims he hatched a nidorina.

dbmeboy

Wife and I both joined team Instinct. There's a community college down the road from us that has 2 gyms completely owned by Instinct, which has been nice. We'll see what happens once the summer is over, but for now it's free stardust and coins.

Single handedly dismantled a level 3 gym today in about 10 minutes. Went undefeated and didn't have even a single Pokemon faint :) Took out 3000 gym prestige per battle and colored it Yellow in only 3 rounds. Starting to see a lot more Instinct around my town and I like it.

Burumun

Chose which team to pick before the game was even released (although we originally thought the teams would be RGB, and since green wasn't an option we went with yellow). Honestly, not a big fan of Blitz (is that the leader's name?), but Zapdos is probably my favorite legendary bird, soo...

Everyone in my village seems to be Instinct, though, too, which is cool. The gym's been Instinct since I started. I really wish there were a way to switch out low-level pokémon in gyms, though, since my mom and brother put their extremely low-level pokémon (10 and ~60 CP) in our gym, and I'm scared it's gonna get taken quickly...

echo13

Everyone in my village seems to be Instinct, though, too, which is cool. The gym's been Instinct since I started. I really wish there were a way to switch out low-level pokémon in gyms, though, since my mom and brother put their extremely low-level pokémon (10 and ~60 CP) in our gym, and I'm scared it's gonna get taken quickly...

I don't think you can kick someone on your own team out, but if you raise the gym's prestige by fighting/training against their pokemon with your own, when the prestige gets high enough another slot will appear and you can stick a stronger pokemon in. That way they have to beat all three of you, so it's harder to take!

Last edited:

Burumun

I don't think you can kick someone on your own team out, but if you raise the gym's prestige by fighting/training against their pokemon with your own, when the prestige gets high enough another slot will appear and you can stick a stronger pokemon in. That way they have to beat all three of you, so it's harder to take!

I know you can't, I just wish I could, since adding a 10 CP pokémon not only does nothing but also weakens the gym, since you can lower prestige without beating all of them.

Raising prestige also takes way too long, since you either barely get anything if your pokémon is too strong or you have a 50% chance of losing if your pokémon is just strong enough to beat them.

what sucks for me is I kept beating the same gym over and over again last night only to have team valor and mystic slip in there pokemon after I destroy it.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
One of the few Team Instinct members of my little town. The Gyms are always taken by Team Valor and Team Mystic, and I'm currently at a too low level to compete with them. However, hopefully I'll soon be able to paint some Gyms yellow.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Hit Level 5 today and finally joined Instinct. Had been waiting for quite a long while. Unfortunately, there aren't many gyms around my area. Will try to capture any ones I see though.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I went to a college town today to find new and exotic Pokemon. Found a Slowpoke. BUT! All the gyms I could see over the horizon were Instinct Gyms! I've found my home! And it's only 35 minutes away! I also used the Lucky Egg trick with 60 unwilling Pidgeys, Weedles, Caterpies, Rattattas, Nidoran F, and a Venonat. I jumped straight from level 10 to level 15, just as my last incubator was about to break. And now, I have all the Great Balls I could need, excepting all those Potions and Revives I threw in the trash. All while dealing with high 90 degree weather. Now that's what I'd call a productive day.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
Wow, I gotta say our team leader looks hawt XD

I actually took the SKy Tower gym here last saturday, it was fun, yet putting another mon in for my sis was impossible since I deposited my strongest mon there and couldnt go pass it haha

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Wow, I gotta say our team leader looks hawt XD

Indeed. This makes me glad I have joined Team Instinct, actually! XD

Anyway, my current progress... I am actually at level 10, and my strongest Pokémon is a Pinsir with 476 CP. It's not very strong, but hopefully I'll be able to get a stronger Pokémon someday.

Right now I'm trying to hunt down some Dodrio, since my area has plenty of Doduo and it should be easier for me to get it. There are also some rare Ponyta and Growlithe, so if I'm lucky enough I could get an Arcanine someday.

Anyway, any suggestion about how I could troll those omnipresent Vaporeon?

~Ace

i can show you how
glad to see a healthy amount of us underdogs on here!

im level 11 and my highest poke is a 600 pidgeot, tho im working on that with all my 10km eggs! im legitimately going to buy running shoes because of this app

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Joined a fellow yellow :)P) gym yesterday, but then got kicked out literally five minutes later. ><

Recently I evolved an Eevee into a Vaporeon that has +800 CP, so hopefully I can secure my place at gyms longer...

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I was at Comic Con yesterday, but didn't get to see the panel reveal of the team leaders. Dat Spark tho...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
He's basically wearing the Millennium Puzzle around his neck, and I love it! xD

I'm close to level 18 after all the Lure mayhem around the convention center. Also, I caught a +600 CP Snorlax right after I picked up my badge for the Con. Fun stuff, I tell ya.

Burumun

Just a tip: if you're going on a gym conquest (or whatever you wanna call it), it's best to do so in teams of 3. Once you've beaten the gym, adding your own pokémon will bring it up to level 2, at which point a second person can add their pokémon, bringing it up to level 3, so then the third person can add their pokémon as well. Level 4 starts at 8000 prestige, though, so that's when the fun ends - unless you wanna continue training there, which can take a while, though.

Went out with my bf on Sunday, and we managed to get a few. Plus, there were some other Instinct members nearby, and although we didn't see them, they added their pokémon as well.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I joined team instinct today. Had to since my fav type is electric ^^ I don't have any good pokemon right now but I am in between 2 gyms right now XD

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Has anyone seen all the Spark memes that have come out since his reveal at Comic Con? :3