• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Institutionalized

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

[video=youtube;9tBaMlAUj08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tBaMlAUj08[/video]

"I'm not crazy! (Institution!)
You're the one who's crazy! (Institution!)
You're drivin' me crazy! (Institution!)"

Uh, I was in my room... And I was just like staring at the wall... Thinking about...

A new competitive team. I do need to redeem myself after that shitty TR/Sand cross don't I?

So, I decided I wanted to make a team to literally drive my opponents crazy. Of course, with the 5th generation being the death of Stall, that's easier said then done, but there's tools to get it done.

205.gif

Forretress @ Red Card
Nature: Impish (+Defence, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP, 200 Sp. Def, 56 Defence
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic

So here's a set I'm trying on par with suggestions by other members. I think the idea is to set up hazards alongside a set-up sweeper, like Volcarona or something, and then let it hit you, activating Red Card and phazing it out. Rapid Spin > Explosion this time, because my team would appreciate the Spin support. Toxic for bulky Waters that the rest of my team doesn't like, and my hazards of choice are Rocks and Spikes.

302.gif

Sableye @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish (+Defence, -Sp. Atk
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP, 248 Sp. Def, 8 Speed
-Will O' Wisp
-Taunt
-Recover
-Night Shade

How could I make a troll team and not use the Troll King? Sableye is a ***** to kill, with no weaknesses to exploit and 3 immunities, as well as a priority Recover. Will O' Wisp shuts down all physical attackers except things like Darmanitan and Infernape. Taunt is useful for stopping opposing entry hazards from going up, and shitting on set-up sweepers. Recover is an obvious choice, and Night Shade in case he needs to deal out a bit of damage. I pumped all his EVs into Sp. Def, because Will O' Wisp shits on physical attackers anyways. 8 Speed EVs allow him to outspeed both enemy Sableye and enemy Sableye who decide to be clever with 4 Speed EVs.

385.gif

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy (+Sp. Def, -Speed)
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Sp. Def, 252 HP, 4 Attack
-Iron Head
-Thunder Wave
-Wish
-Water Pulse

Now here's a set I've been looking to try forever. It's a typical HaxRachi with a twist; Water Pulse. Thunder Wave paralyzes my opponent, allowing me to confuse it with Water Pulse and then spam Iron Head. If you add up the chance of missing a turn due to flinching, Paralysis, and confusion, you've got a very low chance of actually doing anything. Wish heals him and his teammates, which is nice.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dragon Pulse
-Flame Charge

Heatran finds his place on my team as a Fire immunity and a generally awesome sweeper. He counters Sun teams, and blasts through anything with his superb coverage moves. Flame Charge boosts his relatively poor Speed to sweeping levels, while Fire Blast proves an insanely powerful STAB. Earth Power nails opposing Heatran and some Electric types for hard damage, and Dragon Pulse hits a number of things like Kingdra and Lati@s harder than Hidden Power (Ice), and it doesn't require me to sacrifice a Speed point, allowing me to beat any Heatran who carries Hidden Power (Grass).

373.gif

Salamence @ Yache Berry
Nature: Jolly
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roost

Here's your typical MoxieMence. Yache Berry weakens an incoming Ice Beam, normally making it survivable while he sets up a Dragon Dance and proceeds to mangle anything not named Skarmory. Roost heals off any damage he might take, and I'm considering running a Life Orb anyways. Not much to say here. This set is very effective after Forretress, Sableye, and Jirachi wear some opponents down, as he can easily KO them for free Attack boosts. Also, he provides an immunity to the Ground type attacks that threaten Heatran and Jirachi.

094.gif

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Attack)
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Substitute
-Disable

So, we all know SubDisable Gengar, and we all hate it, which is why I'm using it. The idea is apparently to use Subsitute to scout a move, then Disable it and hopefully force a switch. ShadowBlast gives me perfect neutral coverage on everything in the game, which is very nice. Other than that, not much to say.

So, yeah, this needs a lot of work, but I actually kind of like this team. Sableye and Jirachi are actually really hard to break through, and after they go down you've got 2 very deadly sweepers waiting for you, and Gengar, who's a monster in his own right.

And, yes, the name and introduction quote are from Suicidal Tendencies, in case you miss my signature. :)

Last edited:

Moog2

Must stay awake...
I need to eat breakfast, so full rate later.
Beware Volcarona carrying HP Ground; it can hit many things with much force. If it takes Sableye out while you predict Quiver Dance, or it comes in on Forry and get a chance to set u, you're in serious trouble.
Hafta eat, be back after school. :p

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Don't let your hazard setter explode. Better use rapid spin and give it red card to phaze a set up sweeper when you're at full health. rapid spin also gets rid of TSpikes which Sableye hates. Great team overall c:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Don't let your hazard setter explode. Better use rapid spin and give it red card to phaze a set up sweeper when you're at full health. rapid spin also gets rid of TSpikes which Sableye hates. Great team overall c:

I definitely see what you mean. Ever since the nerf to Explosion, it simply doesn't have the power to KO many important targets, plus Salamence despises Rocks, Heatran hates Spikes, and as you said Sableye hates Toxic Spikes. I'll try running Rapid Spin instead.

The Red Card thing is clever, I'll try that out.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Red Card on Forry works really well for sure. On teams where I use Forry over Ferro (read as: where I need a spinner - it's my favorite one), it has Red Card. It phazes, but it also gives me hazard damage and a pseudo-Parashuffler for physical attackers.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Ur forre is pretty much perfect right now.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So I just found out Forretress doesn't get Thunder Wave (I could have sworn he did) so I swapped it for Toxic. I might try Zap Cannon but the 50% accuracy really sucks.

Soul_Fly

just a short nitpick.. are you sure about dropping the speed on your rachi?
you'll often need to outspeed some base 90s (especially RP genesect, SD/NP/agility lucario etc) to get your annoying parahax up. no use getting hit by a flamethrower/earthquake before you even begin your trolling.. right? I mean bulk is okay but there only so many x2 moves Jirachi can stand before it starts feeling it.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
just a short nitpick.. are you sure about dropping the speed on your rachi?
you'll often need to outspeed some base 90s (especially RP genesect, SD/NP/agility lucario etc) to get your annoying parahax up. no use getting hit by a flamethrower/earthquake before you even begin your trolling.. right? I mean bulk is okay but there only so many x2 moves Jirachi can stand before it starts feeling it.

Hmm. I'll try Gentle, but it just seems odd to give a defensive Pokemon a nature that actually lowers one of his defenses.