1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Team Lolwut?

Discussion in '4th Gen RMT' started by Noctourniquet, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

Welcome To Team Lolwut!

What is Team Lolwut?
    Team Lolwut is an In-Game team that I plan to play through Diamond with. But it's a very special team. I believe it will be one of the most enjoyable yet frustrating experiences I will have with a Pokémon game. It takes the idea of a "Gimmick Team", and pushes it to the very limits of the term.

Why did I build Team Lolwut?
    I'm sure many of you will be asking yourself, "Why did this guy bother making such a ridiculous team? What's the point?". The answer is simple. Boredom. I am a Boarder at School, and by the time I next go home, I will have spent nearly three months there. Thanks to School, I have been unable to play Pokémon for this time, In-Game or competitive. This has led me to actually retiring from Competitive, since I am unable to keep up with the Metagame, and look to Serebii to sustain my interest in the game. With this team, I hope to come home to a challenge that will have me furious with, enthralled by, and enjoying the game once again. I have always been interested in the idea of a total "Gimmick Team", and I wanted to push the boundaries with a Team so absurd yet ingenious that I will remember it for as long as I have an interest in the game.

Meet the Star of the Show...
    [​IMG]
    YEAH.

~ At A Glance ~
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

~ In Detail~

[​IMG]
    Unown-L @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 6 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
    • 52 HP / 252 SpAtk / 204 Spe
    ~ Hidden Power [Fire]

And so it begins. You can probably see from this set how the whole team will work out. The given IVs allow me to have a Base 70 Hidden Power, and the EVs allow me to outspeed any Neutral-Natured Base 50 while giving Unown a tiny amount of Bulk. The Choice Specs, I'd hope, are self-explanitory. Base 72 SpAtk is lol, so I need to boost it as far as I can.

Why HP [Fire]?
    Bugs. Simple as that. Nothing else in my team can handle them.

[​IMG]
    Unown-O @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
    • 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    ~ Hidden Power [Dark]

If you don't see what I'm doing by now then there must be something wrong. Thanks to HP [Dark], this thing can have perfect IVs. I'm going to just give it standard Sweeper EVs, as it has a perfect Spe IV, although I could use some help with that.

Why HP [Dark]?
    The Dark type gives very good coverage in general, and is my answer to Ghosts that will probably Sweep this team anyway. It is also the only Hidden Power that allows for Perfect IVs to be used.

[​IMG]
    Unown-L @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 3 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 30
    ~ Hidden Power [Fighting]

The same as the other Unown-L, really. Copypast'a time.
    Why HP [Fighting]?
    Like Dark, Fighting gives me several useful SE hits, as well as an answer to Normal-Types. Steels and Darks, both of which could give me hell, fall to this beastly Unown.

[​IMG]
    Unown-W @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 7 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30
    ~ Hidden Power [Water]

Fgs.
    Why HP [Water]?
    I have never once used a team without some kind of Water in it, and this is the closest I'm going to get this time. Water also defeats Fire, which none of my other members can take on.

[​IMG]
    Unown-U @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 22 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31
    ~ Hidden Power [Ice]

Another standard 252/252/4, thanks to the 31 IVs in Spe. HP [Ice] actually allows for some pretty nice IVs, and I get to keep the Base 70 power.

Why HP [Ice]?
    Ice is an awesome type. With its great coverage and perfect partnership with HP [Electric], I couldn't afford to not have it on this team.

[​IMG]
    Unown-T @ Choice Specs
    • Timid
    • IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31
    ~ Hidden Power [Electric]

Yep. BoltBeam, even for the Unown. Needs no description that hasn't already been given, really...

Why HP [Electric]?
    With this team, I have to play on Coverage. And that meant that I need BoltBeam, so I put it in. In addition, I get some great IVs with this one.

~~~​

Threat List.

Magikarp, Feebas.
    Bidoof, Pidgey, Zigzagoon.
    Everything else.

~~~​

Team-Building Process

Well, firstly, I wanted to build something around a fun Pokémon. After realising how hard it sucks, I chose Unown.

[​IMG]

Then, I though, hey, why not add another five?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Well that was easy.

~~~​

So, yeah. There you have it. It's horrible, I know, and not Rateworthy, I know, but w/e. It's fun. If you want to suggest better EVs, Types, or just tell me how stupid I am, then comment :) I really need help with the EV Spreads, actually. I'm pretty sure both versions are horrible.

~~~​

What has been Changed?

• After much deliberation, at AlCario's suggestion, I decided to change Unown-T's HP Type from Hidden Power [Electric] to Hidden Power [Grass]. This is because I realised that BoltBeam Coverage does not actually help me here, and I really needed both Grass and Fire to make this team more effective.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. Bossk

Bossk Like a champ.

Haha, this is epiKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK and you get a 10/10....Cynthia will rip out her hair while versing this xD

Since you're having the same description and Evs for almost every Unknown.....not too much to comment on considering EVs are my weak points. Have fun and good luck!

3. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ Haha, thanks. Speaking of Cynthia, IIRC, she uses a Gastrodon. What does anyone think of me using HP [Grass] > HP [Fire] to help deal with them? I need the best coverage I can get.

4. Eon Master

Eon Master Born from the Flames

Dude, what are you thinking?! The Elite 4 won't be able to stand up to this at all, it won't even be a challenge! [/sarcasm]

The only thing I can really say is that anything that has a good Special Defense stat will spell Team DEATHTOLOLWUT.

5. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ Yeah, I know I'll have a lot of trouble with them... I'll probably have to spend ages levelling up before it.

And I know high SpDef = Death. That's why I'm considering carrying X-Items, like X-Def or w/e. Annoyingly, that might not work since I need to switch a lot...

6. john stewart

john stewart Well-Known Member

this team is epic win

7. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ Not exactly a rate, but thanks, I guess. xD

8. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

HP {Grs}>HP {Fire}, definitely. Since you already
    have one that can hit steels/grass for SE damage.

This team is teh most epic winnage I've ever seen.

Team lolwut for modz! lol

9. Fossil Man

Fossil Man CRAGLY-HO!

Well, I really don't know if you should or not use a HP Grass. On one hand, you can easily take care of any Ground/Water, but what to give up? All the other types that you have seem to work really well together and since you have three types that at least do neutral damage to Gastrodon you can still hit it.

It's a very Epic gimmick team, I hope you can have luck beating the game with it.

BTW, how do you know which IV's you'll get or you have in this deal?

10. Leyniar

Leyniar Well-Known Member

Most of the types covered by Fire in this team are covered by either Ice or Fighting, so yeah, go with Hidden Power [Grass] IMO.

And you know the deal with the team. =)

11. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

@ GS, Bugs still worry me... And they hit Unown for SE, obviously. I'm not sure.

@ FM, Tbh, as far as Unown goes, Neutral Damage doesn't cut it... But, like you say, there's no easy type to replace it with.

Thanks, I love Gimmick teams but I've never really had a chance to use one like this. It'll be interesting to see how far I can go, once I get round to making it.

I don't have the Pokémon ready yet. They are the IVs that I need to get the correct Hidden Power with BP 70. I'll just have to get them.

@ Leyniar, the problem is that if I remove HP [Fire], then I make sure that Bugs destroy me... I was considering possibly replacing Water, but then Fire would hurt... I may just leave it as it is.

Thanks for the input, guys. I didn't expect a single rate on this xD Does anyone else know what I can do about the Bug Problem? Atm, I'm leaning towards leaving it as it is.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  12. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

Most bug types in-game have the flying/grass
    dual type, which gives them an ice/elec weakness,
    so that could be of some help. The only problem
    would be the Wormadam-S that you run across
    at some point, and the occasional Heracross...

Actually, now that I think about it, Fire is probably
    your best option.

13. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ Yea, I think I'll just leave it as it is and find another way around Pokémon like Gastrodon... Bugs are just too threatening and the other types are all pretty essential, IMO.

EDIT: What a perfect time to Rank Up! :D

14. Master_of_grass

Master_of_grass War Never Changes

I would take HP Grass over Fire. But Just Beware Lucians Bronzong when you come to it

15. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ Yeah, I'm still considering that. I'll need longer to think, but I think the negatives oh HP [Grass] outweigh the positives. Unless someone can give me a very strong, solid reason to change, I think I'll leave it as it is. Thanks for the input, though.

16. SamusTheHedgehog

SamusTheHedgehog Well-Known Member

I dont know what is better, this or a team of 6 Farfech'd

17. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

Trust me. A team of 6 Farfetch'd would probably fair alot better then this team xD But this team has more of a cool factor.

18. hailflameblast

hailflameblast I'm coming...

This is diamond, right? Then I think there is only ONE Wormadam-S and ONE Heracross in the whole in-game(upto the elite 4.

So, IMO, HP Grass > HP Fire.

Anyway, this is pure win.

Why didn't you use HP ???(Curse Type)Joking.

19. AlCario

AlCario Banned

Needs moar Hidden Power :D

I actually think HP Grass > HP electric. What does HP Electric do? Gets coverage on Water types, and flying, and Gyarados. Grass gets Water Types. Ice gets Flying. Basically, it's either get owned by Gyara or get owned by Swampert. Fire is essential for Bronzong.

Your team is Spiritomb and Sableye weak. Well, it's everything weak. But you have no way of dealing these two no matter what you do.

Oh, and I like your use of Unown-U as a MixMence counter.

All in all, it's a great team. The only problem I can is that you might get the Ls confused.

20. Final

Final I Submit to No One

LOLWUT is right. This team could be very fun to use though. I can't really contribute anything that really hasn't already been mentioned but something I feel that should be mentioned is that Yanmega can sweep through this team with Bug Buzz alone. Practically, anything faster that has good offensive power can beat this team. You also have no way of getting through Blissey or to a lesser extent Chansey without beig ridiculously high leveled.