• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team. Looking for raters.

BlazingCold

AT A GLANCE
620.gif
547.gif
073.gif
642.gif
612.gif
130.gif

620.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 20 Atk / 116 Def / 120 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Drain Punch
Not stealth rock. Not spikes. Nor even toxic spikes! It's MIIIIEENSHAO, and I'm satisfied with her. Fake out to start, then U-Turn out. Threats have been Infernape who missed a blaze kick before u-turn out. Taunt is for those sticky-sits. Drain Punch actually does me good deed!
547.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 12 HP / 248 Def / 248 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore
- Cotton Guard
Probably the most annoying member on my team. First subleech, then try to get lucky with encore, and if setting up spikes/stealth rock use cotton guard to raise defenses. Also a threat for Infernape. Almost got killed with a CC, but then switched to....
073.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Ah, Tentacruel. Not cool, cruel. Toxic spikes from the switch out from Mienshao. Rapid Spin from spikes, scald for aerodactyl/others, HP fire when a grass type like Shiftry comes and threatens. Countered by a lot, but is a viable member of this team, but if anyone has suggestions to switch it out for something, then I'll be sure to do it.

Need a suggestion, prefferably a fire type sweeper
642.gif
@ (No Item)
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
I'm scared about this guy. I'm hesitant on the item and nature. Jolly? Life Orb? Leftys? Nooooot sure about this at all. Anyways he's a good sweeper in all needs. Nasty plot to set up sptk, Thunderbolt for STAB electric move, HP ice, just because I like HP lol, focus blast when needed. Also a great move when hesitant. I'd <3 suggestions about it, thanks.
612.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 168 Atk / 96 SDef / 244 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Basic sweeper. You can see me bashing about him a lot, but DEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIM! Life Orb kills him in your eyes. Rivalry because people don't change natures. Outrage for strong, dragon move, in a change from Dragon claw. Dragon Claw if I need it strong. I'd like to replace it though. The whole core of him is DD, so I'll send in to counter and then opponent switch + dd is free, so I'll do that.
130.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
Here's THIS guy. The guy who apparently you barely see, and is in OU. Well I'll show you him. Out-rage for Dragon move, Surf for a STAB water move. DD is the core here, once again, just like ol' pal Haxorus above. Stone edge for Ice Types like Cloyster. He's good no doubt.

Changes in bold
Replaced Pokemon in slash
Need a suggestion for a pokemon in italic
Thanks all! CC please!​

Last edited:

ladendar

Little munchkinz
Your team looks pretty great as far as I'm seeing, but if I were you, I'd have a pokemon with the moves blizzard incase your against an opponent with ice sensitive pokemon. I like how you have surf, I mean imagin how many fire types you could take down with surf. You should have moves like that for double battles-that is if you have 5th gen.

If I were you, I'd replace tentacruel and put a different pokemon, because water types have many effectiveness, and one-in case of water/ice pokemons- should be enough. As for your other pokemons, I'd say they are A Ok, for sure I'd have trouble taking the evolved form of axure down. He is a pretty good opponent if he has a maxed out speed and whatnot. Anywho, if I were you, I'd mainly replace tentacruel with Charizard or something. ^-^ Overall, I'd give your team a seven, mainly because tentacruel bugs me. He is weak when it comes to grass/electric moves.

☆Nyu☆

Vecte

On Haxorus, I'd run an Adamant nature with the following EVs: 36 HP / 252 Attack / 220 Speed. The 220 Speed lets you out speed Dragonite, and the rest in HP is for bulk. Then I'd run the following:

@ Choice Band
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Dual Chop

Dual Chop is definitely better than Dragon Claw. It does have a 10% chance to miss, but it has two advantages. The first advantage is taking out Substitute users. The second advantage is against users who have Sturdy or a Focus Sash.

Brick Break handles steel types.

AT A GLANCE
620.gif
547.gif
073.gif
642.gif
612.gif
130.gif

620.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: IRegenerator
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 HP
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Taunt/ Stone Edge / HP Ice
- Drain Punch / High Jump Kick
Not stealth rock. Not spikes. Nor even toxic spikes! It's MIIIIEENSHAO, and I'm satisfied with her. Fake out to start, then U-Turn out. Threats have been Infernape who missed a blaze kick before u-turn out. Taunt is for those sticky-sits. Drain Punch actually does me good deed!
use this set. Mienshao ftw :)
547.gif
@ Leftovers
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore
- Cotton Guard
Probably the most annoying member on my team. First subleech, then try to get lucky with encore, and if setting up spikes/stealth rock use cotton guard to raise defenses. Also a threat for Infernape. Almost got killed with a CC, but then switched to....
Never used this guy, but I think a taunt or an attacking attack would fit good somewhere.
073.gif
@ Leftovers
Boold Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Hex / Venoshock / filler
Ah, Tentacruel. Not cool, cruel. Toxic spikes from the switch out from Mienshao. Rapid Spin from spikes, scald for aerodactyl/others, HP fire when a grass type like Shiftry comes and threatens. Countered by a lot, but is a viable member of this team, but if anyone has suggestions to switch it out for something, then I'll be sure to do it.
Hex and Venoshock can abuse the status of poison, wich can be really good.
642.gif
@ Life Orb / Lefties
Hardy Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast/ Taunt
I'm scared about this guy. I'm hesitant on the item and nature. Jolly? Life Orb? Leftys? Nooooot sure about this at all. Anyways he's a good sweeper in all needs. Nasty plot to set up sptk, Thunderbolt for STAB electric move, HP ice, just because I like HP lol, focus blast when needed. Also a great move when hesitant. I'd <3 suggestions about it, thanks.
This guy rocks, and priority Taunt can be useful sometimes!
612.gif
@ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Brick Break / X-Scizor / Filler...
- Dragon Claw/ Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Basic sweeper. You can see me bashing about him a lot, but DEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIM! Life Orb kills him in your eyes. Rivalry because people don't change natures. Outrage for strong, dragon move, in a change from Dragon claw. Dragon Claw if I need it strong. I'd like to replace it though. The whole core of him is DD, so I'll send in to counter and then opponent switch + dd is free, so I'll do that.
Run this EV spread, and Dual Chop for breaking sashes or subs. You can use Choice Band set too, uh.
130.gif
@ Life Orb / Lefties
Trait: Moxie
- Stone Edge / Bounce / EQ
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge / Bounce
Here's THIS guy. The guy who apparently you barely see, and is in OU. Well I'll show you him. Out-rage for Dragon move, Surf for a STAB water move. DD is the core here, once again, just like ol' pal Haxorus above. Stone edge for Ice Types like Cloyster. He's good no doubt.
Eh, who uses Surf? go for this set. You can use Bounce too, since Water/Flying gets nice coverage.
Thanks all! CC please!​
Comments in bold, your team gets screwed by opposing thundurus, and BoltBeam in general. Starmie, Thundurus, and more fast pokemon that gets BoltBeam 6-0s this team

Last edited:

ladendar

Little munchkinz
Youo have 3 Pokemon that are weak to ice. Abomasnow will kill them.

I agree on this, but I didn't want to sound harsh so I simply cut him some slack and attacked mostly tentacruel. He should still have a water type pokemon, but it should be something like Kyogre or something. It all comes down to the best water type he can obtain in his/her game.

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
I highly recommend using the Choice Band set that Vecte suggested. In my opinion, if you are going to use Dragon Dance then Salamence or Dragonite are better candidates. You are also incredibly helpless against any dragon-type sweeper. Specs Latios can switch in on any resisted attack and easily take something down with Draco meteor and then get out just to come back and do it again. And should any dragon dancer even get to +1, it looks like they'd tear through your entire team. As much fun as Whimsicott is, it doesn't seem deserving of a spot on your team. I know he is everywhere but Ferrothorn fixes most of your dragon woes, can work with your Tentacruel to get hazards down, and has both of his weaknesses covered very well by the rest of your team. I'd suggest Spikes over Stealth Rock since Ferrothorn usually has more than enough time to do what it pleases. One last thing, does your Thundurus usually get to set-up? If so, then I'd keep his moveset the way it is. However, if you find that he is too frail to get set-up reliably, try replacing Focus Blast with Substitute. It eases prediction and, assuming you toss Whimsicott, you'll still have the ability to annoy everyone with prankster.

Last edited:

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
AT A GLANCE
620.gif
547.gif
073.gif
642.gif
612.gif
130.gif

620.gif
@ LeftoversLife Orb
Trait: Inner FocusRegenerator
EVs: 20 Atk / 116 Def / 120 SDef / 252 Spd252A/252Speed/4HP
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Drain Punch
Mienshao is a good offensive anti-lead. Use a Life Orb with Regenerator; now U-Turn is a healing move.

547.gif
@ Leftovers
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Encore
- Cotton Guard
Cloyster says hi. You also could become Taunt bait. Any Grass type walls your set BTW. I'd get Toxic Spikes set up first.

073.gif
@ Leftovers
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk) You mean Bold
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]
642.gif
@ (No Item)
Hardy NatureTimid (maybe Modest)
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
612.gif
@ Dragon Gem
EVs: 168 Atk / 96 SDef / 244 Spd252A/252Speed/4HP
- Outrage/Dragon Claw (one or the other)
- Earthquake
Rock Slide
Filer (Return/X-Scissor etc)

If you go with the CB set run Max attack.
130.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
- OutrageIce Fang/Earthquake
- SurfWaterfall/Aqua Tail
- Dragon Dance
- Stone EdgeOr Ice Fang/Earthquake

Surf is a Special moveGyarados has base 125 attack and base 60 special attack. Earthquake counters electric types; Ice Fang hits some Dragons for 4x. If I'm not mistaken the defensive Gyarados is en vogue now, however. .

As is your team is Suffers against a good sand team or decent rain (with Ice Beamers).​

FoxMcCloud

is Hidden
Your team looks pretty great as far as I'm seeing, but if I were you, I'd have a pokemon with the moves blizzard incase your against an opponent with ice sensitive pokemon. I like how you have surf, I mean imagin how many fire types you could take down with surf. You should have moves like that for double battles-that is if you have 5th gen.

If I were you, I'd replace tentacruel and put a different pokemon, because water types have many effectiveness, and one-in case of water/ice pokemons- should be enough. As for your other pokemons, I'd say they are A Ok, for sure I'd have trouble taking the evolved form of axure down. He is a pretty good opponent if he has a maxed out speed and whatnot. Anywho, if I were you, I'd mainly replace tentacruel with Charizard or something. ^-^ Overall, I'd give your team a seven, mainly because tentacruel bugs me. He is weak when it comes to grass/electric moves.

☆Nyu☆

Most of what was said here sounded like uneducated opinion. Dont give out advice youre not sure yourself please.

Biut anyways, this team has a big ice weakness. If an orbed starmie comes in on any one of these guys, somethins either dying or getting heavily wounded. I like thundurus on this team (although he fits on like any team lol) and I think he should be jolly with a life orb or expert belt.

You also need a scarfer. Having three set up mons is not very reliable.
Mienshao...that is the strangest EV spread I have eer seen xD i dont sugges having him there if hes only gonna fake out and u turn. Especially if his spread is only 53 evs in attack (i believe thats what it said).

Last edited:

cartert4219

Ferocious Shuckle
On Thundurus, I'm sure you guys mean Timid instead of Jolly. And I would definitely use that over Modest. You don't need the extra oomf since you're nasty plotting anyway and you sacrifice outrunning all of the base 110s if you run Modest. Timid is the way to go.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
ok mienshao should b using life orb regenerator and hi jump kick

lefties and timid on thundurus

cb set on haxorus(i think one was mentioned above)

and kaiser's gyarados set

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
A lot of what's been said so far... Yeah, some aren't quite bright. Whimsicott, as much as I love it, should probably be the one you take out for maybe ferrothorn or something, you just need a steel there because, as was said above, you can't really stop dragons and ice is way too effective on your team. Actually, use a Forretress, then try gastrodon over tentacruel. Easily your best bet against opposing thunderus and a way to absorb water attacks and save gyarados from taking a thunderbolt from Starmie or something. I don't know why but I've come to love that slug :)

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
On hax, change dragon claw to dual chop. dual chop breaks subs :3

CraZy RudOlF

disc: Ruben E#0316
whimsicott goes out, thundurus gets LO & Timid, tenta gets bold gyarados gets waterfall and u decide what set ud like. mienshao gets LO and HJK aswell as 252 attack. id suggest u to band it

Haxorus@Choice Band
252 att 252 speed 4 def
Mold Breaker
Adamant
Outrage
Dragon Claw/Dual Chop
EQ
Brick Break

Mold Breaker makes it harder to switch in for latios, rotom-W bronzong etc.

Last edited:

BlazingCold

Ooh wow 15 posties before I check this :D

I see, I have 3 weak to ice. Is infernape any good? Typhlo? I wish blaziken was still in UU like dpt. Or any other fire types I'm good with.

Thundurus I'll give Expert Belt.

Lol i failed on this team. More comments pleasse!

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Infernape is a very good counter to several of the top OU users:

1) Ferrothorn
2) Tyranitar
3) Scizor
4) Politoed
5) Gliscor
6) Latios
7) Rotom-W
8) Excadrill Use Mach Punch or change weather, however
9) Thundurus
10) Dragonite
11) Heatran
12) Jirachi

'Nape's very versitle; it can be an anti-lead, physical, special, or mixed sweeper.

I'd also edit the OP Totodile with some of the minor changes for now (like Bold on Cruel and not Surf on Gyara)

Last edited:

BlazingCold

Kaiz I did, and I'm replacing cruel

Sakuma

Are you planning to use at battle subway or random matchup. you cant have dual items. Earthquake in virginia i live just two hours south of DC and there is a panic.

MewTwoEx

Metagross Master
Fire sweeper, Infernape is good. He has Nasty Plot and Swords Dance, as well as 104 in both Attack and Spe Attack. Not to mention a wide movepool in both attacks, so you can choose which one or go with mixed sweeper.

BlazingCold

@Sakuma: PO battling. Sorry about the earthquake.
@MewTwoEx: I'll go mixed, most likely.

I just can't get the moveset down.