• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Machamp!!!! (UU RTM)

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Hey, what is up guys. Zero here bringing you guys my latest UU team. I've being UU for some time now and I really enjoy it. Anyways, I made this team based around one very particular threat: Machamp. Boasting an impressive 130 Base Attack and great natural bulk, its easy to why Machamp is a great offensive Pokemon to have on any team. BUT, instead of using the standard No Guard set that's been the norm since the early days of DPPT, I'm focusing on the lesser used and once feared Guts Machamp. Let the fun begin :D

I don't usually do these "Team Building" things, but I though it would be a good idea to let you guys know why I chose certain Pokemon and such. I doubt anyone will read this, but if you do, kudos to you and thanks.

So, Team Machamp is centered around Machamp.
;068;

Machamp has two easily exploitable weaknesses: Flying and Psychic. So to cover those weaknesses, I added Bronzong to the team.
;068; ;437;

Bronzong was a great choice, covered Machamp's two fatal weaknesses, and provided great support options. Although Bronzong could take hits for Machamp, he was unable to take out these threats, which meant Machamp could not sweep as freely as it wanted. Also, Ghosts became a problem, as they are immune to Machamp powerful STAB Close Combat. So I added Krookodile, whose STAB Crunch took care of the Ghost/Psychic problem.
;068; ;437; :553:

With Krookodile on the team, Ghosts and Psychics were no longer a problem. Bronzong is a great wall, but he's not a dedicated wall, so I added Eviolite Golbat as my physical wall.
;068; ;437; :553: ;042;

Eviolite Golbat is a great physical wall, and provided phazing support, which is always welcome. But looking at my team, I noticed I was lacking some Special power. I searched for a good special sweeper to add to my team, and eventually settled on Porygon-Z. His massive 135 Base Special Attack, and great movepool proved to be exactly what I was looking for.
;068; ;437; :553: ;042; ;474;

And finally, I decided to add a Pokemon to take the special attacks for my team. Well, at least most of them. Lanturn was added, because it proved useful in walling thing like Zapdos and Rotom-H, as well as providing much needed paralysis support.

;068; ;437; :553: ;042; ;474; ;171;

And finally, Team Machamp was finally ready for action!​

Team Machamp!!
437.png
553-1.png
42.png
474.png
171-2.png
68-1.png

abf76f30-1.jpg

Bronzong [Portals]@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
252 HP/ 84 Atk/ 80 Def/ 92 Sp.Def
Sassy Nature

Moves
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Hidden Power [Ice]
Earthquake​

Bronzong is great wall. Its typing gives it plenty of useful resistances, such as 4x resist to Psychic, which would pretty much kill of Machamp. Anyways, aside from taking hits for Machamp, Bronzong can also do plenty of other things, like wall Flygon, a Pokemon that's very common in the UU tier. Anyways, Bronzong sets up Stealth Rock, which come in handy in taking out Darmanitan and Chandelure. Gyro Ball, backed up by a Sassy Nature, is Bronzong's most powerful attack against fast opponents. Hidden Power Ice is solely to take out Flygon, so I don't waste Gyro Ball's PP. Its also useful for hitting Zapdos on the switch, but other than, its just to kill Flygon off. And finally Earthquake is a nice replacement for when Gyro Ball's Power Points are depleted, as well as for hitting incoming Fire types.

Synergy:
Fire: Lanturn

553.png

Krookodile [Shades] @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly Nature

Moves
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone-Edge
Brick Break​

Krookodile has great dual STABs. But Crunch is the reason why I added him in the first place. With a Scarf equipped, I'm sure to outspeed and KO Scarfed Chandelure, which causes problems sometimes. Stone-Edge covers things like Flying types, but more specifically, Rotom-H. But I'm careful about using it because of its poor accuracy. And finally, Brick Break may seem like a random move, but it comes in handy in getting rid of any screens my opponent may have set up, which is very common with Xatu running around. He also works as a back-up sweeper incase Machamp bites the dust.

Synergy:
Water: Lanturn
Grass: Bronzong, Golbat
Fighting: Golbat
Ice: Bronzong, Lanturn
Bug: Golbat

img20070909_p-1.png

Golbat [Lil' Batman] @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
252 HP/ 176 Def/ 82 Spd
Impish Nature

Moves
Brave Bird
Roost
Taunt
Whirlwind​

Eviolite Golbat may seem like an odd choice for a physical wall, but he works great. It can take any Fighting hit like a champ, and just annoy the opponent by Roosting its HP back to full. Brave Bird gives Golbat some offensive presence, and with its decent Base 80 Attack, it packs a nice punch. Taunt prevents slower Pokemon from setting up anything. And I added Whirlwind because Pokemon behind a Substitute annoy me. It comes in handy in phazing out Crocune, who is big pain in the butt if I let him set up.

Synergy:
Psychic: Bronzong, Krookodile
Ice: Bronzong, Lanturn
Electric: Krookodile, Lanturn,
Rock: Bronzong, Krookodile, Machamp

zj38l_PorygonZ.png

Porygon-Z [Virtual-Z] @ Choice Specs
Trait: Adaptability
4 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spd
Modest Nature

Moves
Tri Attack
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power [Fighting]
Trick​

This guy, is not meant to sweep. He is meant to open holes everywhere. And with Choice Specs, and the boost from the Modest Nature, he does his job too well. Aside from Hyper Beam, Tri Attack is the strongest STAB available to Porygon-Z. Shadow Ball covers the Ghost who are immune to this sickeningly powerful attack, while Hidden Power Fighting takes out the Steels who resist both of those attacks. Trick is very useful in crippling incoming walls, preferably Dusclops, by giving them a useless Specs, while taking their much needed item for myself. So far, Porygon-Z has failed to disappoint.

Synergy:
Fighting: Golbat

Lanturn-1-1.png

Lanturn [Natasha] @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/4 Sp.Atk
Calm Nature

Moves
Scald
Volt Switch
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave​

I like Lanturn. I really do. After using it in several different teams, it's come to grow in me. It has a massive HP, so it can take a number of hits before going down. But the best part is its ability Volt Absorb, which allows me to wall Zapdos all day. Even Hidden Power Grass fails to dent Lanturn, and that is just awesome. Anyways, Scald is pretty much a staple for any Bulky water Pokemon, and with the occasional burn, can help Lanturn take physical hits a little better. Volt Switch is another great STAB attack in Lanturn's arsenal, which can help pivot my team around, either helping get the switch advantage, or allowing me to safely switching to an appropriate Pokemon, give Lanturn's low Speed. Ice Beam give Lanturn a means to deal with incoming Grass types, and Zapdos. And finally, Thunder Wave helps cripple offensive threats and helps Porygon-Z and Machamp in outspeeding stuff.

Synergy:
Ground: Bronzong, Golbat
Grass: Bronzong, Golbat

And Finally, The Pokemon That Inspired this Team...

68.png

Machamp [Four Arms] @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Adamant Nature

Moves
Close Combat
Bullet Punch
Payback
Ice Punch

Ahh, Machamp. Holder of the most powerful Close Combat in the game, not even Terrakion can compare. Pulling this set off is a bit tricky, you have make your opponent believe its a standard 'No Guard', but when I manage to get the Guts boost, its pretty much "Good Game, bro." There is very little that can safely switch in to a Guts boosted Choice Banded Close Combat. Slowbro is 3HKO, which is a rather impressive feat. Bullet Punch gives Machamp some priority, and I find it better than Mach Punch, cause this way, he can actually hit Ghosts with a fairly powerful move. Payback, working off Machamp's low Speed, puts the hurt on Ghosts and Psychics. And Ice Punch rounds off the coverage by hitting Flying types where it hurts. I'm mostly spamming CC so the other moves are more of filler, but whatever.

Synergy:
Psychic: Bronzong, Krookodile
Flying: Bronzong, Lanturn

And that is Team Machamp. This is the first time I make a team centered around a sole Pokemon, and I'm rather proud of it. It works well, sometimes, which is why I want you guys to rate it and such, to make it work near-flawlessly. I'm open to all suggestions, (except for Machamp, he will stay the way he is, unless someone suggests an even better set), and I appreciate any input, big or small. Thank you for taking your time to read this, and have fun rating.
;068;​

Last edited:

ninjanerd

Well, how would you deal with hazards? Rocks up cripple Golbat, and hamper Lanturn's switching ability. Perhaps replace Krookodile with a levitate Claydol?

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Well, I use Krookodile to get rid of Ghosts and Psychics. Hazards aren't too much of a problem actually, and Golbat can just Roost back to full health anyways.

I know Guts Machamp sounds nice, but I think he is better off with No Guard ability and DynamicPunch. Here's why, barring a Ghost switching in, Machamp can use confusion hax to his advantage on the incoming pokemon.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Yeah, that does sound nice, but too many people see that coming. I prefer to catch them off guard, and I gotta say, CB Close Combat from Base 130 Attack is ridiculous :O

Yeah, that does sound nice, but too many people see that coming. I prefer to catch them off guard, and I gotta say, CB Close Combat from Base 130 Attack is ridiculous :O

Let's say they send bulky pokemon that knows a Psychic move like Mesprit and Reflect is on, it's able to withstand three Close Combats. With DynamicPunch you can at least hope for two confusion hax to wear it down with Payback.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Let's say they send bulky pokemon that knows a Psychic move like Mesprit and Reflect is on, it's able to withstand three Close Combats. With DynamicPunch you can at least hope for two confusion hax to wear it down with Payback.

That seems a bit too situational. But this team is centered around Guts Machamp, so I don't think I'll change his set. Thanks for you input though

Enjyu

Made In China.
Seems like you have too many choice items. I suggest a life orb or lefties on machamp. Or flame orb.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
That seems a bit too situational. But this team is centered around Guts Machamp, so I don't think I'll change his set. Thanks for you input though
And it's not like there are many Psychics in UU anyway (as far as I know).
Seems like you have too many choice items. I suggest a life orb or lefties on machamp. Or flame orb.
You can never have too many choice items. There are extremely good teams that consist of 6 choice users.

Have you tried Flame Orb or Toxic Orb on Machamp though? It looks like it would more consistently get Guts activated, and if you've got Band but not Guts activated, then it's just the same power, but with a burn/poison you can switch moves. I would at least test it.

Other than that I can't say much, seeing as I'm really bad at UU. It looks like a pretty good team though, and good luck with it!

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
I guess I could try out the Toxic Orb (I can't believe I forgot about that XD) That way, I guarantee the Guts boost, while being able to switch moves