1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by MrPardus, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrPardus

MrPardus Shiny Magikarp

So i recently had a discussion with some friends about which antagonist faction they enjoyed more when playing RSE and i want to see what team you guys prefer and why you like them. I find this an interesting discussion because everybody seems to have different reasoning such as preferred legendary,people liked when leader over another,etc.

2. mjunior3

mjunior3 Link Jokers!

I choose Aqua for a couple reasons:

Much more exciting to go under water than in a volcano
    Their outfits are much cooler
    More of a challenge, especially since i pick Torchic most of the time
    WARP PANELS!!! Gotta love 'em! :)

3. MrPardus

MrPardus Shiny Magikarp

Yeah thats fair enough i definitely agree with aqua having cooler costumes than magma. I personally hate magma's little hood thing because it looks like a crappy Halloween costume of groudon :p

4. Charizard_Millky

Charizard_Millky Punk Rock > You

Lore wise, Aqua. Everything in this region was basically water anyway. Plus constant rain IMO is more dangerous than constant sun.

I liked the pirate aspect of Aqua too, however Maxie looks more boss than Archie. Archie looks like a thug whilst Maxie has the class to be a natural leader.

Would go with Aqua overall though.

5. MrPardus

MrPardus Shiny Magikarp

Yeah i think Maxie is cooler in comparison to Archie,but thats only because he is a ginger like me :3

6. Wolfram74

Wolfram74 Shiny Feebas

Team Aqua. Kyogre is one awesome legendary.

7. Rezzuréct

Rezzuréct Allez Les Bleus!

Team Aqua.

8. MrPardus

MrPardus Shiny Magikarp

Yeah i definitely enjoy water types more than anything else(squirtle was my starter back in blue) so for a while kyogre was my more preferred legendary of the duo but i have found more appreciation for groudon so the two are about equal for me now.

9. Swampert is my Homeboy

Swampert is my Homeboy Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma

Team Magma for me, probably because I played Ruby before Saphire, and the game is really nostalgic for me.

But I prefer team Magma's costumes to Aqua's actually, and I always thought the Magma grunts looked meaner, while the Aqua costumes reminded me of Captain Hook's sidekick Mr. Smee in Peter Pan.... I always thought they looked silly haha

10. MrPardus

MrPardus Shiny Magikarp

I do agree with the smee bit but at the same time i can't take the grunts seriously on either side,the hoods on magma look down right silly for me. Personally when it comes to leaders i enjoy Maxie 10x more though.

11. Sethern

Sethern [Insert Cool Title]

I personally prefer teal aqua. For many reasons. So I will list them in order from when I first think of hem to when I last think of them.
    1 I like their goals better. They just want a bigger place or water pokemon
    2 Look cooler
    3 Better people in general. Ex. They go to a museum and they don't break anything. And one guy even gives you an item. (Plus most of them paid to get in.
    4 their base is awesome (and you don't get swarmed with golbats and graveler)
    5 After you beat their base they don't try to blow it up that would kill a ton of people in the prosses.
    6 I just like them better
    7 many more reasons (just cat think of them off top of head)

You should put up a poll and see what people vote.

12. leafme

leafme TeamRocket Executive

Team Magma is way better than those sea expanding losers that call themselves Team Aqua
    Maxie is great go gingers I am prejudiced cause i am one

13. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I preferred Team Aqua because their goal seemed less selfish; they wanted to expand the oceans which would have benefited Pokemon more than humans, which I thought was refreshing. I also loved their uniforms; the Team Aqua grunts looked like chic pirates. I loved it.

14. Titanium Tyranitar

Titanium Tyranitar Well-Known Member

Team Aquas uniforms were so cool and liked there plan of expanding the sea too, also I liked how you had to use dive to follow them to the underwater caven

15. pokemasta92

pokemasta92 Well-Known Member

I prefer Team Aqua because they seem less harsh and selfish based on their in-game dialogue. Overall they actually seem like nice people as far as gang members go. I also like their leader better as well as their hideout and outfits. The pirate look Team Aqua has is pretty cool, unlike Team Magma's outfits that look like silly Halloween costumes.

Although if Aqua and Magma were crime syndicates in real life I think I would have to choose Team Magma. Although that is simply because of their goal, not because I like anything about them. Team Aqua wants to cover more of the world with water, even though the majority of it is already covered in water and many places are over populated. The world could do a lot better with some more land mass, so Team Magma has the right idea.

As a side note, I think Emerald is a great game with its added features, but in Emerald both crime syndicates are your enemy and you have to bring balance to them. That's cool and all, but I prefer playing Ruby or Sapphire where you get to take sides and sort of team up with one of them. My main game is Ruby of course since you get to side with Team Aqua.

16. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

Team Magma, partially for nostalgic reasons, but mostly for other reasons. Their outfits and overworld sprites are just sooooo much cooler, they have a more reasonable aim than Team Aqua. And Groudon's a heck of a lot cooler than Kyogre– even with a type disadvantage.

17. Sethern

Sethern [Insert Cool Title]

What I've found out from this, is its just based on opinions, some think each is better, looks better, more awesome. So lets say thy are both good. Go team aqua!

18. Ace Of Keys

Ace Of Keys Me and My sketch pad

I prefer to Team Magma mostly because of their cool outfits and I liked Groudon better than Kyogre. I actually have a magma cosplay that i use for cons so that pretty much shows who i like ;)

19. Volcer

Volcer Shur'tugal

Both were noobs, but Aqua>Magma.

20. Chalis

Chalis Victorious

Team Aqua, hands down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.