• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skobby

Fairy Slayer
Water>Fire/Ground, therefore team Aqua.

Dedenne1

6th generation lover
Aqua, water beats ground
Better uniforms
The sea is more fun than land
I like Kyogre better

Shabadoo

King of Mediocrity
Well first off I'm the kinda guy that,when looking at the pair's of pokemon games they release per gen pick the one that has the best story for that generation. Heart gold has better story because well HO-OH not coming back and people (even a gym leader) failing to do so and the bell tower being a much more stand out place to me kinda trumps wherever lugia fits into this whole business in soul silver. Pearl is better cause you'd think a pokemon of space would work better for making a universe. Team magma fits the Hoenn region better and has a much much much more understandable motive. I mean,who wouldn't wanna get rid of that damn water? They also fit with Mount Chimney better cause of they're use of it. They seem like a better pic,they're getting what Hoenn needs while aqua is getting what
Hoenn already has...in abundance. Also they look cooler,team aqua beats them in theme song but that plan is bogus. Also Maxie's voice is the anime is sexy enough for me to go gay for so there's another reason. ;)

imamonster

Very, Very easy. Team aqua! Going under the see is awesome and they just look cooler. AND Kyogre is my favourite legendary!

Homax

I prefer team magma, I prefer their design

HanbeiCat

TheAll-KnowingHanbei
I would probably pick Team Aqua. I generally would prefer to do my work on the ocean than on some molten volcano. I also like their uniforms better in Emerald than the Magma ones. I don't hate the Magma ones, I just prefer Team Aqua.
I also don't mind fighting with water types.

i definitely enjoyed team aqua so much more. the underwater caves, the warp plates, the threat of flooding due to their motives. the list of reasons i enjoyed them more is quite extensive.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
Basically it's a question of whether someone prefers them as a villainous team or as an organization

If someone views them as an organization, they are more likely to go for the following:
-Cooler uniforms
-Pokemon types used, including legendary "mascot"
-Hideouts
-Bosses

If they are instead viewed in regards to their villainous aspirations, you could look at their goals in addition to the other aspects:
-Magma undoubtedly had a more logical plan from the humanistic perspective, as it would be ridiculous to assume all humans would take to the seas in Pacifidlog town style should the oceans be expanded, whereas land expansion makes more sense, especially in a region like Hoenn with such a great amount of oceans already
-Aqua had a more villainous plan, or at least one less beneficial to humanity, however if you are feeling particularly misanthropic you might consider it an ideal plan
-Both sought, or claimed to seek new homes for Pokemon, so any PETA group in the Pokemon world would likely have supported them equally

So your options are pretty much: Which is better?

-Magma because X is cool/awesome/etc.
-Aqua because X is cool/awesome/etc.
-Magma because they had a more reasonable plan
-Aqua because they were more villainous
-Aqua because screw humanity
-Both are equal

My response: Magma because they had a more reasonable plan

Sorry to anyone annoyed by the long analysis

Edd the Huntsman

A British Bloke
In the remakes, Maxie looks like Austin Powers and Archie looks like Sportacus. Therefore, Team Magma.

Also, in Emerald, Maxie literally admits that he's being hypocritical when chewing out Archie for causing Region-Wide destruction. And I find that hilarious.

Midknight

Not Banned
My response: Magma because they had a more reasonable plan

Aw, come on.. Neither of them had reasonable plans. :p

Anyway, I like Team Aqua better, mainly because I have Sapphire, I know the members, and I like their uniforms much better. Never played Rubys so I don't know much about Magma.

Kymbo

omlette du fromage
Since my only 3rd gen experience is with Emerald, I'm free from nastalgic bias. So, here goes!

I personally prefer Team Magma. Their uniforms are cooler, their first appearance nearly destroyed Hoenn, they have the balls to make their hideout in an actve volcano, and one of their higher-ups is man enough to live with the name of Tabitha (a typically girls' name). Oh, yeah: they didn't take a freakin' wingull hostage for no reason.

Hahaha I love your answer so much. I totally agree though. Team Magma (until uh, coughorascough) was definitely my favorite. I still like them to this day, I'm just not all for their design changes in the remakes. I don't like having these cool *** pirates with these snazzy uniforms bearing the brunt of the hype while I sit and watch my favorite villanous team reduced to nothing but underground-allergic to the sun nerds. Maxie is calm and calculated, and Team Magma members are cold and analytical yet very relaxed, and I hope they stay that way. In the end, I prefer team Magma in the original games... but leaning towards team Aqua in the remakes. But what do I know, the remakes haven't even come out yet, hah.

*Oh yeah, by the way, I played Emerald before I played the originals, so I'm not necessarily one to talk either, heheh.

Last edited:
In my opinion, I feel Team Magma is better as I had rather have the land expanded compared to the sea and also the fact that they have fire types.
However, in terms of clothing, Team Aqua has cool bandanas and I like bandanas!

keybug55

Pop sensation
Even if Team Magma's outfits are cool, why are they hoodies? Wouldn't it be already hot near an active volcano?

Magma's plans are much more logical. Although Aqua in the game's sense felt like the game was built around them (Lilycove's hideout was home to Aqua and Magma's hideout was not thought out until Emerald. Also, there was a Magma specific plan only in Emerald that was in the Mossdeep space center)

I think I might side with Team Magma. The only reason I prefer Sapphire over Ruby is so I can fight against Team Aqua, plus steal Kyogre for myself. And like I said, the games seem to be build around facing off Aqua than Magma.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Team aqua might be pirates and all but have you really looked at those amazing MAGMA HOODIES?!!!! I LOVE magma's uniforms, the new ones don't make those justice at all.

I played all 3 games and in terms of goals, magma was way more dangerous than aqua. Activating a volcano and when that fails trying to blow it up? now that's evil. Since hoenn is more than 50% water why more water? expanding land makes sense and old tabitha is, to this day, the best admin ever. Team magma is my favorite of all pokemon games.

Team Aqua because pirates!!!1 :p I love Archie and Shelly. I just like Team Aqua's members better, don't really have an explanation as to why except for maybe the uniforms. Plus, I like Kyogre. It's one of my favorite legendaries.

Kumiho

Blasian
I prefer Team Magma, since I personally prefer the land over the sea. I'm not really fond of swimming and the sea swallowing up beautiful forests wouldn't be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.