• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team MAM and BSS/BES--2 Hoenn teams

Which is better: Exploud or Slaking? (Read first post)

• Exploud

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Slaking

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Nidoprince

Hey, I just thought up of a new team that's Hoenn based so I'll post it here for rates. Oh yea, I'm very new to this type of battling (Although I've posted here a lot) and don't understand terms you may use, along with other things, so don't think I'm the best battler ever or anything:

Here's one 3 cell team:

Metagross@Choice Band
Adamant
-Explosion
-Meteor Mash
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

Strategy: If a Pokemon that Meta has a type disadvantage is up, then it'll either Ice Punch or Earthquake it, and if Meta is close to fainting, I'll switch him out and use him for Explosion later on, since the Choice Band doesn't allow Explosion if I Earthquake/Ice Punch the enemy first unless I switch out.

Armaldo@???
Adamant
-Earthquake
-X Scissor
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance

I don't know what I'm going to do when a Water type comes, but I do know that EQ can beat all the Steel and Rock types. I do need an item for him though, mabye something that increases speed or attack...

Milotic@Leftovers
Bold
-Surf
-Recover/HP Grass
-Ice Beam
-Toxic/HP Grass

I'll use Toxic when Milotic is switched in, and Surf and Ice Beam will be my main attack source, but if I replace either Recover or Toxic with HP Grass, that'd help out the rest of my team with their weaknesses a bit. Not sure what to do.

Here's another 3 cell team:

Salamence@Choice Scarf
??? nature
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse/Dragon Claw
-???
-???

Too many options!

Bannete@Focus Sash
Adamant
-Shadow Claw
-Destiny Bond
-Toxic
-Knock Off/Return

Now to a final Pokemon descission. Option #1:

Slaking@Choice Band
Adamant
-Return
-Earthquake
-Night Slash
-Hammer Arm

Option #2:

Exploud@Choice Specs
Modest
-Hyper Voice
-Surf
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam/Extrasensory/Shadow Ball

I like better Exploud as a Pokemon, but I've really never tried him out. Plus, Slaking's Traunt ability doesn't make it attractive. The only thing that evens up the competion is that Slaking has kick butt stats, while Exploud...not so much. I also considered Exploud because my second team is geared more towards physical attacking and Exploud could be great for special attacking.

Remember, those are Pokemon I like to consider for 3 cell teams. You can switch them out for other teams as long as they don't share weaknesses. Thanks for looking!

Crystal.

teeehee
Slaking is better.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^Sorry for being a mini-mod, but this is spam. Don't do that, it's not constructive. It doesn't explain why Slaking is better, why Exploud doesn't fit the team, or anything like that.

Anyway, on with the rate.

Hey, I just thought up of a new team that's Hoenn based so I'll post it here for rates. Oh yea, I'm very new to this type of battling (Although I've posted here a lot) and don't understand terms you may use, along with other things, so don't think I'm the best battler ever or anything:

Here's one 3 cell team:

Metagross@Leftovers/Muscle Band/Life Orb
Adamant
-Agility
-Meteor Mash/Iron Head
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

Strategy: If a Pokemon that Meta has a type disadvantage is up, then it'll either Ice Punch or Earthquake it, and if Meta is close to fainting, I'll switch him out and use him for Explosion later on, since the Choice Band doesn't allow Explosion if I Earthquake/Ice Punch the enemy first unless I switch out.

This whole team seems rather slow to me, Mence not included. You should run an AgiliGross set. Agility over Explosion, and Iron Head over Meteor Mash is a good choice to take advantage of Flinch hax. Meteor Mash is fine for more power, though. Item needs to be Leftovers, Muscle Band, or Life Orb.

Armaldo@Muscle Band
Adamant
-Earthquake
-X Scissor
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance

I don't know what I'm going to do when a Water type comes, but I do know that EQ can beat all the Steel and Rock types. I do need an item for him though, mabye something that increases speed or attack...

Muscle Band works for more power. Otherwise, good.

Milotic@Leftovers
Bold
-Surf
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-HP Grass

I'll use Toxic when Milotic is switched in, and Surf and Ice Beam will be my main attack source, but if I replace either Recover or Toxic with HP Grass, that'd help out the rest of my team with their weaknesses a bit. Not sure what to do.

If you want to do that, then put it over Toxic. Recover is necessary to keep Milotic in the battle. I usually prefer RestTalk Milotic with Dragon Pulse and Surf, but yours is fine.

Here's another 3 cell team:

Salamence@Life Orb
Mild nature
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake

Since it seems like you're leaning more twoards Salamence's Special arsenal, I'll make you a specially based MixMence set. Mild nature ensures he can use both offenses effectively, while Hydro Pump gives perfect coverage with Dragon Pulse and Flamethrower. EQ works for super effective coverage on stuff the other three moves miss. Life Orb gives greater power.

Too many options!

Bannete@Focus Sash
Adamant
-Shadow Claw
-Destiny Bond
-Will-O-Wisp
-Return

Will-O-Wisp over Toxic, it's more crippling. I'd personally run a Mixed set and use Thunderbolt over Destiny Bond, but whatev. Walled by steels.

Now to a final Pokemon descission. Option #1:

Slaking@Choice Band
Adamant
-Return
-Earthquake
-Night Slash
-Hammer Arm

Option #2:

Exploud@Choice Specs
Modest
-Hyper Voice
-Surf
-Flamethrower
-Thunderbolt

I like better Exploud as a Pokemon, but I've really never tried him out. Plus, Slaking's Traunt ability doesn't make it attractive. The only thing that evens up the competion is that Slaking has kick butt stats, while Exploud...not so much. I also considered Exploud because my second team is geared more towards physical attacking and Exploud could be great for special attacking.

I'd say to go with Exploud, it evens out your team, and it gets decent stats with great coverage. I'd change Ice Beam with Thunderbolt on the last slot, however. It gets better overall coverage. Flamethrower hits Grass types, and Surf hits Ground types.

Remember, those are Pokemon I like to consider for 3 cell teams. You can switch them out for other teams as long as they don't share weaknesses. Thanks for looking!

Changes/comments in bold.
Quite honestly, I think you need another decent defensive tank Pokemon, preferably of the Grass variety. Meganium is a good one, but it doesn't fit your Hoenn theme.

Meganium@Leftovers
Adamant
-Seed Bomb
-Leech Seed
-Swords Dance
-Synthesis/Earthquake/Aromatherapy/Substitute

Meganium can technically run either a Physical or Special set, as her base offensive stats differ by only one base point. Seed Bomb for STAB, Leech Seed makes her a tough tank. Swords Dance is for extra power. The last move can be a variety of things. Synthesis makes her a stronger tank, Earthquake allows her to beat down most Steel Types, Aromatherapy helps with overall team support, and Substitute allows her to set up SD and Leech Seed unimpeeded. I'd put her over Banette.

Nidoprince

I forgot about Iron Head. I'll change it with Meteor Mash, not a fan of MM myself. I'll have to go with the Life Orb on Meta because I'm using these as BF teams, and no Pokemon can have the same item. Life Orbs have never helped me through tight squeezes though, since sometimes I've been left with a tiny bit of HP and I lose it because of the Life Orb, where I could use Explosion to end with a bang. Plus, I liked the CB because I'm not big on stat moves. Don't know when the right time to use them is. And I do like slower and defensive Pokemon. Don't know why, but I rarely rely on Speed.

For Milotic, I'll use HP Grass if I get it soon. I have no tolerance for breeding that takes more than a whole day's work. Toxic is good anyway.

And for Salamence, low accuracy has never brought me success. I've lost thousands of battles because a Stone Edge misses. I'll even take Water Pulse...

If I'm having Exploud, Bannette will stay Physical. If not, I'll do special attacker. I didn't know Will-o-wisp was better. It does lower attack though when inflicting.

I chose Ice Beam to cover Meta's Ground weakness. If a Ground Pokemon beats him, which is likely, then Ice Beam will take revenge. But if it's better, I'll do that.

And I'm not a fan of Grass types. Too many weaknesses. I like Pokemon that have 1-2 weaknesses, but I can settle with 3. And it doesn't fit the Hoenn theme. I'll be trying out Meganium in HG though, and I'll use that moveset.