• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Medusa

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
This a MonoLook Team. All the Pokemon on here look like snakes (my def). I made this team out of boredom. When I'm bored I like to look at random Pokedex entries and came across Arbock and Seviper. Two Pokemon that where the inspiration for this team. Both lacking in stats, but endowed with AMAZING movepools. That's why it's called Team Medusa. I'm going to use the Female character and name her Medusa for extra fun. The reason I posted a team so soon after the other one is because I have Black and White, just in case you were wondering. This is a strictly In-Game team.

Serperior
Jolly/Adamant
Overgrow
Moves:
• Leaf Blade
• Aqua Tail
•Coil
•Return

My basic Serperior set.

Arbok
Adamant
Intimidate/Shed Skin
Adamant
Moves:
•Poison Jab
•Earthquake
•Seed Bomb
•Crunch

Arbok gets two great Abilities, but I can't decide if added defense or Status immunity is better. Again AMAZING movepool.

Seviper
Intimidate
Adamant/Jolly
Moves:
•Sludge Bomb
•Flamethrower
•Giga Drain
•Dark Pulse

Set suggested by Tsumiki. Thanks

Hydreigon
Modest
Levitate
Moves:
•Dark Pulse
•Dragon Pulse
•Flamethrower
•Surf

I think he looks like a snake. Besides he covers Arbock and Seviper's two weaknesses of Psychic and Ground to which he is both immune.

Steelix
Relaxed
Sturdy
Moves:
•Gyro Ball
•Curse
•Earthquake
•Rock Slide

Standard Steelix. Never used one before and he fit the bill.

Gorebyss
Swift Swim
Modest
Moves:
•Surf
•Ice Beam
•Psychic
•Amnesia/Shadow Ball

I think she looks like a snake. I've always wanted to use her. AMAZING Defense and Special Attack. Slow as sin. If she had speed, I think she might have made a decent Sweeper(imo).

Well, have fun. Ssssssee you later. (Sssssee what I did there?)

Last edited:

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
Defo Intimidate on Arbok, it needs that debuff to take hits, it's simply to frail otherwise.

I'd run a Special Seviper to balance out the Physical : Special Ratio

Seviper@Life Orb/Wise Glasses
Modest Nature
Shed Skin
~Sludge Bomb
~Flamethrower
~Giga Drain
~Dark Pulse

As you mentioned yourself, Seviper plays pretty much the same as Arbok and this set manages to get over that fact. You'll be hitting harder in Average, not counting the Coil boost of course, and Fire / Grass coverage is always nice. You can make a mixed set by swapping a couple of moves around should you want to go that route instead.

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
I just remembered Seviper had 100 Base Atk. and Sp.Atk. I think I'll go with your set Tsumiki, I really like it. Thanks. :)

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Why not Shell Smash on Gorebyss? It fixes its speed problem, and makes it a harder hitter. It seems to be a better fit than Shadow Ball or Amnesia. Also, instead of one of your pure poison types, why not run a Gyarados? It is a better Pokemon in terms of stats and usability. If you were to use Gyarados, here is a good set.

Gyarados
Intimidate/Moxie
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Ice Fang

This is the standard Gyarados set. DD is DD. Waterfall is its best STAB option. Earthquake is just a great move in general. The last move is for what you need to take down. Stone Edge has great power and has good coverage with Earthquake, taking down flying types, and Ice Fang is for those pesky Dragon types. Each ability has its own merits. Intimidate aids in its bulkiness. However, Moxie makes it easier to set up, as any poke you knock out will just make it stronger.

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
I like Gyarados, but I've used him before and Arbok and Seviper were the basis of this team.

And if I use Shell Smash on Gorebyss, her AMAZING Defense is thrown in the garbage.

Last edited:

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I like Gyarados, but I've used him before and Arbok and Seviper were the basis of this team.

And if I use Shell Smash on Gorebyss, her AMAZING Defense is thrown in the garbage.

If this is really an ingame team, then you will want to hit things as hard as you can, and your defense won't matter as much. That's why Shell Smash is the better choice. Her defense means almost nothing ingame.

Emeraldfan

Instead of Shell Smash you could also consider Agility. It doesn't give any attack boosts (obviously), but does boost speed at absolutely no cost. I'd use it in the last slot, over Shadow Ball/Amnesia.

Emeraldfan

Hmmm. I didn't know it could learn Agility.

Now you do ;)
You could also consider Rock Slide > Crunch on Arbok. You've already got two Dark moves on your team, as opposed to only one Rock move. Aside from that, replacing Crunch with Rock Slide gives Arbok unresisted neutral coverage.