• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team MegaDeath.An UU RMT

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Ok so I made this team after my tutor Calum said to make a UU team. I must say that this team is very good and my CRE in UU is already better than my OU CRE. Also this team has beaten 4 OU teams( I vsed OU teams because on shoddy I forgot to switch from standard to UU lol). This team has no relations to the band Megadeth but look at the titles of each Pokemon and see if you can find something,this team is based around Yanmega who is quickly becoming one of my favorite Pokemon.

Team MegaDeth

At A Glance:

dpmfa379.png
dpmfa237.png
dpmfa469.png
dpmfa051.png
dpmfa467.png
dpmfa359.png

In Depth:
The Chosen One
379.png

Registeel@Leftovers
Nature:Careful
Ev's252Hp/200SpDef/56Atk
Moves
Stealth Rock
Iron Head
Explosion
Ice Punch

Regiteel is my lead. This spot was orginally Uxie but Registeel helps me with Swellow and Mismagius. I have SR to set up Ice punch for Dugtrio Iron Head is STAB and Explosion is for BOOM and easy switch in for Yanmega.

Tornado of Souls
237.png

Himontop@Leftovers
Nature:Impish
Ev's 252Hp/216Def/40Atk
Moves
Rapid Spin
Brick Break
Stone Edge
Toxic

Changed to defensiveHitmontop aka Hitmonwin. RS for SR lol. Brick Break hits Registeel and Chansey Toxic is to annoy and Stone Edge for Ghosts.

Take No Prisioners
51.png

Dugtrio@Life Orb
Nature:Jolly
Ev's 252Atk/216Spe/40Hp
Moves
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Aerial Ace
Sucker Punch

This is Revenge Killing Dugtrio who is a real force to be reckoned with. He actually makes prisioners with Arena Trap he can trap and 2-3HKO all forms of Registeel and Chansey.

Killing Is My Business...
469.png

Yanmega@Petaya Berry
Nature:Modest
Ev's 252Spa/152Spe/78Def/28Hp
Moves
Substitute
Hp Ground
Air Slash
Bug Buzz

This is the main Sweeper of my team and he is not something to be taken lightly. He has swept whole teams won me countless matches and even wrecked in OU.Substitute down to 25% then Petaya Berry activates and if I am behind a Sub. it is most likely over for you as long as the counters have been taken out... but then again Hp Ground can 2HKO Registeel after a Petaya Berry boost and OHKO any Fire or Electric types that try to switch in.Air Slash has helped me with its flinch and as a secondary STAB,Bug Buzz is the main move here. For Yanmega Killing Is His Buisness... And Buisness Is Good.

Set The World Afire
467.png

Magmortar@Expert Belt
Nature:Rash
Ev's 252Spa/172Spe/84Atk
Moves
Fire Blast
Hp Ice
Cross Chop
ThunderBolt

This is Mixmortar can trick the opponent to thinking it is the Choice Scarf variant. Fire Blast is for Stab,Hp Ice for Altaria,Cross Chop helps with Registeel and Blissey and ThunderBolt helps me with Honchcrow and Swellow.

I Ain't Superstitious
359.png

Absol@Life Orb
Nature:Jolly
Ev's 252Atk/252Spe/4Def
Moves
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Superpower
Nightslash

Absol is my answer to Mismagius. After a SD he can effectivley sweep with NightSlash or if I feel a move is coming up the strongest Sucker Punch in the game. Superpower still helps me with Chansey and Registeel.

So that is my team please rate or give suggestions.
Changes will be in BOLD

Team Building Process

dpmfa469.png

The team started with Yanmega as I knew he was a great sweeper with the Sub Petaya set.

dpmfa469.png
dpmfa051.png

Next I needed something that can cover Registeel and Chansey effectively and the Pokemon best fit for that choice was Dugtrio.

dpmfa469.png
dpmfa051.png
dpmfa237.png

Now I needed a Rapid Spinner because Yanmega is extremly weak to Stealth Rock so I decided that Hitmontop can help as he also helps against Registeel and Chansey with STAB Close Combat.

dpmfa469.png
dpmfa051.png
dpmfa237.png
dpmfa359.png

Next I figured I need a good counter to Mismagius and Absol was perfect with NightSlash and Sucker Punch also he has Superpower which once again helps me with Registeel and Chansey.

dpmfa469.png
dpmfa051.png
dpmfa237.png
dpmfa359.png
dpmfa467.png

Now I needed another Sweeper and a good counter to Flying types and also to opposing Yanmega's so I figured Magmortar would be a great choice and he has Focus Blast which helps me with Registeel and Chansey.

dpmfa469.png
dpmfa051.png
dpmfa237.png
dpmfa359.png
dpmfa467.png
dpmfa480.png

Now I needed a Lead and I figured Uxie as he is reliable and can setup SR and possibly induce sleep upon the opposing Pokemon with Yawn.Can also make a quick retreat with U-Turn.

dpmfa469.png
dpmfa051.png
dpmfa237.png
dpmfa359.png
dpmfa467.png
dpmfa379.png

I then switched out Uxie for Registeel as I find him a better lead for this team.

Last edited:

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Feel My Aura
NO JAMES.

JUST NO.

How do you manage to get a bunch of cool Megadeth song names right but fail at spelling thier name. GAWD. Just check my Location and know that im a real fan. So get Reno to change that nao.

Anyway i love the team and usage of Hitmontop and Magmortar. But if you really want to make both of those better, use this advice. Hitmontop likes more bulk. 216 Defense really helps it take hits like a champ, while being able to live longer for the team. So the set should look like this:

252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Atk or Spe

Just better IMO. If you want to bluff Scarf better on Magmortar, use Expert Belt. It still has a significant power boost while also keeping him from losing 10% after attacking , which is a dead giveaway to LO.

PS, you didnt quote Peace Sells. Another fail.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
I was thinking of putting the real name and also I know how to spell it its just I figured what was the point of putting Megadeth untill after I posted if a Mod can let me change the title that would be nice. I was thinking of Expert Belt on Magmortar as LO is annoying with residual damage. As for Hitmonwin should I use the Bulk-Up set or stick with this set?

EDIT: I changed the name in the thread but not the thread name also I couldn't put peace sells anywhere.

Last edited:
Smogon's close combat defensive top.. how ironicly terrible?

Here, run this set over that one; it also fits better. The only thing is, its not normally meant to be a rapid spinner but you need it with yanmega so you might need to swap something out for it. Your choice.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
252 HP / 176 sp Def / 80 Atk or 80 Def
Careful (+ spDef, - sp atk)
Brick break
Stone edge
Bulk up
Rapid spin/Sucker punch

80 atk or def is your choice depending on wether you want to run moar attack with less def or moar def with less attack. You're boosting either one either way so all in all it doesn't make that big of a deal. But i ran 80 Atk when i used it.

You need rapid spin for yanmega as it's a must, so you should probably pick that over sucker punch. Only thing that completely resists BB is a ghost type and ghosts aren't extremely common in UU. There's only mismagius/Banette really. After a few bulk ups SE takes them out anyways.

Also since you have absol you don't need sucker punch on top.

BB over hi jump kick as the miss and recoil can really hurt on a defensive poke.

The team looks decent overall, but like KMR said id try running cross chop on magmortar so the set would look something like this:

Magmortar @ Expert belt
Rash (+spA, -spDef)
84 Atk / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Fire blast
Cross chop
Hp ice
Thunderbolt

This is one of the few smogon sets i actually agree with, as it works.

I changed the nature+Item for these reasons.

With expert belt you still get a boost and can bluff a scarf/specs without LO damage.

Cross chop/T-bolt/Fire blast/Hp ice can cover MANY things in UU and unlike your set it isnt completely walled by special walls.

Rash > Mild since with mild you're destroyed by priority attacks from the likes of absol or azumarill.

Cross chop is mainly there for chansey and the like, who can wall your set.

I have no experience with yanmega so looks good to me.

Uxie/Dugtrio look decent as well.

I don't know much about UU anymore so this is the best i can do lol.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Thanks for the post Kyle and yeah Sucker Punch is not needed I have Absol and Dugtrio so I like your set better anyways and 3 people have said use MixMortar(2 on serebii one on smogon.)So that change will be made. Keep rates coming.

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Feel My Aura
Dont be a whoar, use my Top.

Whos the avid fan of Hitmontop? O Thats me.

Actually kyle, what is the viability not Running Radid Spin? Your wasting the fact that it is a great Spinner in UU because of Intimidate. And he also needs a rapid Spinner more than another sweeper because of the presence of Yanmega and Magmortar. So the more i look at it, the more i want you to use the set i suggested or a varient with less defence ( 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Atk ). Either one works really, and you can substitute Brick Break over Close Combat too, now that i think about it.

Kyle i love the Magmortar set though, good rate. Keep it up.

EDIT: If your a real bassist, you would find space for Peace Sells lol

Last edited:

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
true KMR my Top is not for sweepeing so I guess I would just stick with your set and stick with the moves I had before.

Dont be a whoar, use my Top.

Whos the avid fan of Hitmontop? O Thats me.

Actually kyle, what is the viability not Running Radid Spin? Your wasting the fact that it is a great Spinner in UU because of Intimidate. And he also needs a rapid Spinner more than another sweeper because of the presence of Yanmega and Magmortar. So the more i look at it, the more i want you to use the set i suggested or a varient with less defence ( 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Atk ). Either one works really, and you can substitute Brick Break over Close Combat too, now that i think about it.

Kyle i love the Magmortar set though, good rate. Keep it up.

EDIT: If your a real bassist, you would find space for Peace Sells lol
I told him to run bulk up with rapid spin lol.

but i guess the moar defensive set can work so just stick with that.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Yeah I am going to stickk with the defensive set. Also Mixmortar is a beast.I am testing lea Registeel not bad so far.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Ok another change I made is my lead is now Registeel and Dugtrio now has a LO. Please give me more rates if you know about the UU metagame.