1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Team Mystic Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

Quite a good day using Pokemon Go! :D

When I was on my first shift, surprisingly my client asked me if there was any Pokemon I had captured around his house which surprised me seeing as I rarely open the app around him. I did tell him that I had gotten one. I wasn't even playing it when he asked me, but after he asked I opened it and ended up finding an Ekans in his house lol.

Besides that, I drove around while having the app open and charging so it would help hatch eggs (Don't worry, I don't touch my phone at all while I drive . Heaven forbid if I do; I simply set it up before I get out of my driveway.) Did help a bit.

Later on I went to the swap meet with my sis. I honestly didn't expect much from it, but it surprised me. I ended up finding a Kadabra, quite a few Cubone, Graveler, Eevee, Mankey, Geodude, and a Rhyhorn. It was a pretty good hunt! :D

2. Missy Gaming

Missy Gaming Member

Hi, guys! c:

Today was a pretty good day in terms of Pokemon I found! I unfortunately missed a Magneton, but I caught a Pidgeot and Rhydon, hatched a Jigglypuff (which was a new find for me), and got to level 7, then 8 (I evolved some stuff and got 3000 exp all at once).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

This morning was very eventful. I power leveled from 17 to level 20 by using a Lucky Egg and evolving over 50 Pokemon. (Started with 363 Pidgey Candy and 194 Ratatta Candy.) After leveling a caught a few more Pidgey and Weedle. I saw Eevee silhouette multiple times this morning but never found it. I was able to capture Exeggute which is new for me. I also assaulted a level 8 Team Valor Gym. After 2 fights I made it lose 6000 prestige to go down to level 7. I had the resources to keep at it for several more attempts, but the game kicked me out of the gym for no apparent reason twice in a row. Once it was so bad the entire app crashed.

Update: I finished my work of taking down the high level Team Valor gym. It took at least 40 minutes to do so and I spent at least 30 Revives and Hyper Potions. The 10km egg hatched into a Chansey which made me really mad because I already have one and they are awful in the game. I was really hoping for Electabuzz, Snorlax, or Dratini.

Since its been three days I feel an extra post is okay. I deposited my Vaporeon in the nearest Team Mystic gym and claimed my 10 coins because the other gym was Team Mystic controlled and I wasn't going to spend the resources to raise prestige enough to get a Pokemon in. Along with the normal evolution fodder, I also caught a Gloom and Ghastly. My rarest catch was this

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
  4. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

Yesterday I caught Electabuzz and Wartortle! Today I'm hoping to catch more Pokemon that I don't have. All of my friends keep finding Pikachu. I haven't seen a single Pikachu yet.

5. yumenokage

yumenokage faerie dragon ghost

Tried for a better vaporeon and succeeded! New vaporeon has 89% on it's IV's, including perfect attack, near perfect stamina, and good defense, and has the secondary move aquatail, the only one with a greater (albeit slightly) damage per second ratio greater than it's primary attack. Since I plan to keep this one for a good long time (I've already invested heavily in powerups, since it started as a low level), I gave it a nickname: ジュビア(Juvia) after the character from Fairy Tail. Not sure what to name my Jolteon. (Flareon is Fluffy until further notice).

Currently saving up candies and common pokemon for an evolution bomb. Getting close to maximum possible benefit amount.

Edit/update: just found that move powers have been all switched up. now I don't know what's good and what's not so good anymore... ;_;

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  6. Miss Alexis

Miss Alexis Event Collector :)

Guys I am proud to say that I recently started playing pokemon go, and have chosen Team Mystic as my team :)

7. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Nidorina/o?

My mom joined Valor. . . as did my sister apparently. This'll be interesting if opposing teams can ever take each other on one on one, I guess.

8. xEryChan

xEryChan Tsundere Mage Staff Member Moderator

Haven't been playing that much lately this week, mostly due to the inclement weather where I live. It's rained at least three of seven days where I live and therefor I haven't been able to actually go out. I'm hoping that's going to change next week. I'm planning to go out to this town that's known to have tons of Pokemon and try to catch some more mons as well as hatch some eggs. Also, thinking about going to back to New York City since there's tons of Pokemon as well as PokeStops.

This morning, after I woke up, I checked Go to see what is in the area and I ended catching an Eevee. When the rain stops, I might go out and do some hunting.

9. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

Today I hatched a Caterpie and caught a Nidorina. I was only able to take down one gym which was a level 7 Team Valor gym whose strongest Pokemon was a 2039 or so Vaporeon. I wasn't able to take the other gym nearby due to being out of healing items.

10. Lexya428

Lexya428 Pokèmon Master

Today, I had a couple of new catches. Tauros and Tentacool.
    Tauros was outside of a supermarket and I stood in front of the building (on the sidewalk, don't worry) and proceeded to catch it before I went in for fear of it running.
    Tentacool, I was in the middle of my state capital on the main road (not driving, passenger) we were stopped at a stoplight and it appeared. So I razz berry'ed up and threw a Great Ball. Thankfully it caught. Why was there a Tentacool? Was it planning on going to Game Stop? The supermarket? We'll never know now.

- Also collected 8 items from a PokéStop at once. o_O Good thing I need Pokéballs.
    - Another edit. Horray. I met with a cousin today (Instinct) and found out that my capital is filled with Drowzee and a lot of rare Pokémon, Lures, stops. He's level 25 and I'm struggling at 15 in my small town. -.- Such is life.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  11. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

Last night I finally caught a Pikachu and I caught another Electabuzz. I also hit level 19 last night. I'm hoping to hit level 20 tonight.

12. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Our team recently took over the local library gym (we had it before, I even had a poke there for like a day), but put really low level pokemon on it. I think I get what they're doing though. If the pokemon are easy to beat, it seems easier for others to take over the gym, but it's also easier for us to raise prestige. Of course, how well this strategy will work in practice remains to be seen.

13. Lexya428

Lexya428 Pokèmon Master

Just got back from a day of hunting. On this lovely day...

- I caught plenty of Pidgey and Weedle. Horray fodder!
    - Raised both my Vaporeon and Clefable's CP.
    - Trained at a gym, raised it to a level 7 gym and placed my wonderful Vaporeon in there.
    - Used a Lure Module, no other trainers came this time. XD A Gastly and a Cubone did show up. My second Cubone. :D My Gastly will help evolve my Haunter.
    - I saw a couple of Spearow and Nidoran Female.
    - My bag is too full. All well, I have plenty of Pokéballs right now and Razz Berries. As well as lots of Potions. I'm not too worried about revives seeing as I get them all of the time and I have never even used one. :)
    - I have 3 eggs going and hopefully they hatch into something interesting.

That's about it. :)

~ Eevee

14. xEryChan

Haven't been playing much but I did play for a little bit yesterday while I was at the mall trying to hatch some of my eggs. Pretty much all of the basic things, like Pidgey, Ratata, Weedle, and Spearow but I did catch another Horsea. I also evolved some of my Pokemon as well and I'm leveled my Lapras up. Still hunting Eevee so I can evolve mine. I also left my Lapras at a gym and soon, I'm planning to go into town where there are tons of PokeStops.

That's about it.

15. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush King of Knights

Hi. I know I'm late to the party. I know the game has been out for a while but I was on vacation last week and on top of that, I've been really busy. I haven't really played much. But I was playing today and I reached level 5. I had to pick Team Mystic as blue is my favorite color and out if the legendary birds, Articuno is my favorite.

So, hello Team Mystic. Happy to be here.

16. Lexya428

Lexya428 Pokèmon Master

Welcome to the best of the best!

Today, I accidentally put a Bellsprout in a gym. I was passing by and figured I would put my Clefable in there and somehow my game went haywire and chose Bellsprout?
    So now I have Vaporeon, Bellsprout, and Clefable in gyms. Yes, I found another gym for my Clefable. :)

~ Eevee

Edit 8/7/2016
    So a small day of hunting for me. Vaporeon lost here place in the level 7 gym by an Instinct member who does frequent that gym. Bellsprout and Clefable are still doing well.

- On my way into work, as I walk in, a Vulpix appeared! Only 40 CP, but that's fine, just means it's easier to catch. XD I got so excited. Ridiculous. I love Vulpix. So cute.
    - I caught it and went into work and an Electabuzz appeared! It's my 2nd Electabuzz.
    - Eevee are back dominating my area again. ;)
    - I reached level 17.

~ Eevee

Edit 8/8/2016

Another small day of hunting.

- I caught a Koffing!
    - Hatched an Oddish!
    - Caught a lot of evolution fodder.
    - Updated my game. :)

~ Eevee

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  17. xEryChan

Today, I went out to lunch with my family and I found out that my three year old nephew is also playing Pokemon Go. He's Team Mystic as well. He's gotten so many Pokemon and he's at level 17. He's doing much better than I am.

Anyways, while I was at lunch, I got some of the basic things, like Pidgey and Ratata. Nothing really exciting. I'm planning on going out when it stops raining here and hatching some eggs. I do know of this town not too far from where I live that has a good amount of PokeStops and hopefully some of them have some lure modules on them.

That's really all I've done lately.

18. Victorian Rush

Victorian Rush King of Knights

Today was a pretty good day. I was out today in New York City (since I live there) with my friends and it's filled with PokeStops and Gyms. I ended up catching so many awesome Pokémon, like Eevee, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ponyta, Growlithe, Meowth, and so many other exciting monds while I was there but by far, my favorite one that I caught was a Vulpix.

I also reached level 9 today. It was a really fun day.

19. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

I'm part of Team Mystic, so hi! Playing the game at odd intervals, making progress here and there. Gyms around me, especially the one nearest to me, seems to juggle between Red/Blue/Yellow. Haven't even tried to take any gym yet, as I feel I was a bit late to the party.

Caught a few good Pokémon yesterday, like Oddish, Charmander, Koffing, and Exeggutor.

20. xEryChan

Completely forgot to post this but on Tusday, I went into New York City (perks of living on Long Island) and I caught some really neat things:

- Growlithe
    - Squirtle
    - Ponyta
    - Onix

Those are the only one I caught that I don't already have though.

I caught three different Eevee's and I finally have enough candy's to evolve my Eevee but I'm going to hold off until I catch more though. I also caught a couple of Krabby's, two Ponyta's, and a Goldeen. I also reached level 14.

I haven't been playing as much and I have a feeling I won't be playing at all since I start working on Wednesday.