• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Mystic Hangout Thread

fleuriine

Nohrian Scum
Hey all! I'm not an Mystic member, but I was wondering if you could answer a simple question for me?

The general consensus is that there are no team benefits at the moment, but mulldragon in the discussion thread pointed out that he was getting 600 XP per evolution instead of 500 XP like everyone else. He's a team Mystic member, and since Mystic focuses on pokemon evolution, I'm curious to know if you guys are experiencing that as well?

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Chose Team Mystic so sup!
Unfortunately my town seems more full of Team Valor and Team Instinct :c
Only seen one Mystic gym so far, which is near where I live. I don't see myself being strong enough to go over there and take over the other gym near it, which is taken over by Team Valor >.>

Kruzenic

Hey all! I'm not an Mystic member, but I was wondering if you could answer a simple question for me?

The general consensus is that there are no team benefits at the moment, but mulldragon in the discussion thread pointed out that he was getting 600 XP per evolution instead of 500 XP like everyone else. He's a team Mystic member, and since Mystic focuses on pokemon evolution, I'm curious to know if you guys are experiencing that as well?

Honestly, I haven't noticed.
However, now that you've said it, I'll keep an eye out for my next evolution.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess

Honestly, I haven't noticed.
However, now that you've said it, I'll keep an eye out for my next evolution.

I just evolved my Pidgeotto into a Pidgeot today, and all I got was 500 XP.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Hey! Team Mystic ftw!

Unfortunately, most of the people I know went with Team Valor which is no surprise at all but me, being the odd one out that I had to go with Mystic. All I've seen in my town are two red gyms and one yellow but I'm team blue all the way!

Most of the Pokemon I've seen in my area are Pidgey, Spearow, and Weedle but I have found Jigglypuff, Horsea, Caterpie, Drowzee, and Bellsprout. I did catch an Eevee before. Sadly, there was a Squirtle in my area yesyerday but I couldn't find it before it disappeared off the list, i was really sad over that.

Looking forward to seeing how many other Pokemon appear in my area. I might check out other places on the island as well soon.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I'm a member of Team Mystic.

In my area there don't seem to be as many Team Mystic members. Mostly Valor and Instinct, so trying to keep a gym is virtually impossible. Impossible anyways because I don't think I've seen the same people own a gym for more than 5-10 hours. 12 if you're really lucky.

As for Pokémon in my area... Eevee (which most gyms are covered by the evolutions), Pidgey (lots of Pidgeotto, but very, very few Pidgeot), Weedle (haven't even witnessed a Beedrill yet), and Zubat (have yet to see a Golbat).

I would have had a couple more gym wins if the invincible boss glitch hadn't kept me from having to close the app. Since there are so few Mystic members near me, I think I'm going to work on strengthening my forces to cover gyms where I see members.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I picked Team Mystic because I love Articuno and the color blue!

In our small town there's Team Mystic members. The Church in town is a Gym, and it's ran by Team Mystic for now, so tonight I put my Pidgeot in the Gym. Hopefully we can hold it for a while. Last night team Valor took over the Gym around this time, so I won't be shocked if they retake it again.

Hotonis

Just captured 5 gyms in my town in the name of mystic, unfortunately red team swooped in and took out all but the one I put my Electabuzz. Turns out they most had pidgeot and they couldn't handle a 1100cp Electabuzz. :)

Hello! I chose Team Mystic today and as I was walking to a Pokestop, I had a group of guys ask what team I was and turns out they were Mystic as well and were going to defend the gym at the church in my town. I haven't had the chance to challenge a gym yet though.. My highest mon is a Pidgeot with a CP of 303 and the closest gym to me is owned by Valor and it has a really strong Hypno. Think I'll have to go bug hunting if I stand a chance of beating that gym x.x

Cougra

Hey Team Mystic! I'm wondering if there's anyone else here from New York who can share some demographic information with me. I live in Queens in an area fairly isolated from water, so I have no luck with water types so far, but I've been hankering to catch an Abra or some other things. Anyone have any clues or information on where they're common or at least where they spawn? Thanks!

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I don't have any shortage of Poke Stops near me, but it seems I do have a shortage of other Team Mystic people in my area. I passed by one of each of the other gyms. While at lunch I seen one that was a Team Mystic Gym, but by the time I got to it after eating it was taken over by a much stronger Team Valor.

I'm currently holding a gym at my local social club. Me and my boyfriend took on a gym earlier and conquered it but Instinct took it from us :( managed to hatch an egg though and got a Doduo which is pretty cool :3

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Oddly enough, several Team Mystic members took over the gyms where I live... and lost at least two by Team Instinct. There's a Team Instinct leader with a Jynx and it makes me kind of jealous. :) I found out today when I went to try and add my Pokémon to my team's gym... they had 3 in there already and wouldn't allow me to add more. Also, I decided to practice battle the gym and apparently winning against your own gym raises its prestige. I didn't know that.

Kruzenic

I live in central Florida but more in the UCF area. There are several gyms here and each team has been represented in the area (last I checked, the UCF gym is now controlled by Mystic!).
As I continue to level up, I'm beginning to see more. Sure there's the common Pidgey line and Rattata and such but I'm also seeing Nidoran male & Nidorino (got my 3rd critical capture on), Bellsprout, Abra, Eggsecute, Venonat, Weedle, Caterpie, Krabby,...
To a lesser extend I've seen at least silhouettes and poke pics for Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Tangela, Ghastly, and Koffing.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Team Mystic ftw!

From my home, I can see four Gyms on the map, and all four are almost always Team Mystic controlled.
Sometimes Valour usurps them, but Mtystic almost always takes them back near immediately.

Haven't seen Insttinct at all though, no matter where I've gone.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
So I decided to travel to the National Sports center in hopes of finding lots of Poke Stops there because its world famous. Only 2 Poke Stops and 1 Gym awaited me, along with many Pidgey. I tried taking on the gym which had a lone Vileplume as the defender and had no luck so I captured a couple more Pidgey so I could evolve my Pidgeotto. As soon as I evolved it another Team Mystic member took over the gym, although they placed a 10CP Metapod as the defender. I chose to place my Pidgeot so at least it has a proper defender.

Today I went to the skate park and basketball court which were both Pokestops so it was nice to just get some items every 10 or so mins. Some guys had put down some lure modules and the rarest mon I got there was a Hitmonlee (CP 102). Managed to fill up on eggs and got a 10km egg. On the way to an Instinct gym me and my bf both ran into a Vaporeon (CP 602) and it glitched twice for me though I managed to keep it. Took two gyms with my bf for Mystic and they're just down the road so we can run to them if we need to defend it xD had a lot of fun though and ran into others playing it. I'm currently level 9 :)

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I managed to hit level 8 today and hatched a 10km egg which yielded a Chansey. It has high hp, but its CP isn't the worlds highest; probably so it can raise up a decent amount when the release gen 2. I also claimed 2 gyms today even though they were short lived. There are hardly any Team Mystic players in my area or at least ones that take on gyms because gyms are never blue.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Hey, folks! As a heads up, by request, I've added member lists to all three team threads. :D Please feel free to check them over, and if I've missed you, listed you more than once, or put you on the wrong team, don't hesitate to send me a note somehow! (It won't be necessary to send a note if you join the thread after this point. Mod team will get to you eventually, don't worry.)

Also, feel free to let me know if you'd find it helpful to order this list in a different way. I thought about putting it alphabetical order, but idk if anyone would really want that. XD

HOKAY, THAT'S ALL, CARRY ON. 8D

(Yes, this message was copypasta'd for maximum viewability.)

AJ2000

There are hardly any Team Mystic players in my area or at least ones that take on gyms because gyms are never blue.

Complete opposite for me. Every other gym is either yellow or blue, but I've noticed the further I go downtown, the more reds I see as well. I'm going to a meetup next week so I will definitely see a lot of Mystic members (considering around 3k people are expected to show up). I tried to challenge a gym today, but after beating it, I didn't realize I had to fill in that empty spot with a Pokémon to defend my gym, and I already ended up walking all the way back home :/