• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team names

Raccoonism

Rescue Team Awesome
I'm having trouble thinking up a good name for my team, any suggestions? What did some of you choose?

Raccoonism

Rescue Team Awesome
Well, I hadn't really followed a theme, I'm more of an anything goes person. My partner is an axew and I choose a pikachu though.

Chewiana Jones

Dunsparciologist
I have the same two Pokemon but with the player and partner reversed. I called them the Hard Corps, if that's any use to you.

too-weak

I went Oshawott as starter and Pikachu as partner.

I went with Hope. Wanted to use something like Hopebringer, but that didn't fit. Why did I chose to be The Hope (well Hope is all I entered, game added "the")? I guess it would be because of my partner's enthusiasm and optimism combined with my desire that the team may one day become a symbol orbeacon of hope, much like the Rainbows of Hope used to be.

Meowtastic

i'm axew with pikachu as a partner. I named pikachu Statix and me Pip. I wanted the team to be called Sassy Classy, but it wouldn't fit, so the name is just Sassy.

hawkmbl

Curious
I called my team KIPTEAM II, In honor of my first PMD team. Maybe you could choose a name that's a sequel to a old team you made

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
With how the game refers to you, any plural noun would work well. You're always called "The _____," so you could go with, say, The Dynamos, or The Kennedys.

Personally, I always use Greek Mythology in my team names. I chose The Stygians.

Raccoonism

Rescue Team Awesome
Thank you all for your suggestions. I decided to to with The Unbound because of the way the game adds the "the". I must say picking a name due to this took much longer then I had wanted XD

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Picking a team name is a bit difficult on the spot, I'm not going to deny it. On Explorers of Darkness, I was a Mudkip and chose Bulbasaur as my partner. I wanted a name to fit, but I had to come up with something quickly. So I went with Team Innocents. After a while, I came to realize I chose wisely, since even though you do grow over time, you two really were like innocents--you're pretty much kids after all. And thus, because of this innocence, the game hits you harder.

So while it's hard to pick a name that'll fit, no matter what you pick, it'll grow on you, and even then, you're free to... well... start over, since I don't think you can rename your team. So while I don't have any suggestions, it doesn't matter. Just go with something simple, sometimes simple is best.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I went, in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon : Gates to Infinity for the name Glow Hope. I had any idea of name during that time so I just put this. But now that I had a beautiful idea yesterday, I changed it. Since my main adventure is in the past, since I've encouter all my friends in the past, these are now memories. So I changed the name for Memoria, to symbolize the good memories my character had through the game.
Back in my Pokémon Mystery Dungeon : Red Rescue Team, I chosed the name Squirchic since I was a Squirtle and my partner was a Torchic. As simple as that.

Last edited:

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
I went with Team Salient in Gates, and surprisingly, "The Salient" has a nice ring to it. It was in honor of my first team in Sky, and also my story. It's become a tradition for me to do that now.
It's remarkable how much the games grow on you. You always remember your first team, your first recruit, and your first successful theft from Kecleon, ect, even from years ago. Pokemon on a whole does this quite well, but PMD really takes it home.

Knightfall signing off... ;005;

Raccoonism

Rescue Team Awesome
Team names certainly do grow on you. I had wanted to keep the traditional name Team Awesome, but it wouldn't work with the whole "the" thing going on. Also, team awesome's story is over, as there are no vulpix starters, so it's time for a new team.

Meowtastic

Oh, I don't know if this is just post game or not, but you can change your team name from the main menu if you end up not liking it.

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
I have always gone with Team Alpha, ever since Rescue Red/Blue, based off of the wolf pack hierarchy. Just go with what you like.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My name was Team Shadow in Gates to Infinity

TheGreatGigInTheSky

The Jimmy Rustler
I picked up RRT again a while back, so I was stuck with Team "Nobody". The name eventually grew on me, and I went on to name my GTI team team Nobody II in honor of the original.

Chakra1412

With GTI I just went with something easy being a Pikachu with an Oshawott partner. I couldn't stand waiting longer with the game sitting one that same screen another day asking for a team name. So I end up using the team name "Team Protectors". Actually started growing on me later on.