• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Team Newbie(RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyb13

Dragon Trainer
Hello all,
Let me get to this. I am still new at competitive battling only doing less then 15 battles. But I have been lurking for about two weeks. I would like to introduce my team and see how they rate. Two important notes. These are not EV trained. I am currently EV training a team(takes a long time!!) also I used the stat boosters(steroids..)lol. But i used ten of each on them. SO with out further adue...

Team Newbie...
Metagross@Quick Claw
Clear Body
Bashful
-Swagger
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Earthquake
Ok. My lead. His job is to Confuse,Stealth Rock,Poison rinse and repeat. I like the combo of confuse and poison. Has worked out well for me. It works great when Quick Claw lets me go first also.

Blissey@Oran Berry
Natural Cure
Impish
-Toxic
-Focus Blast
-Softboiled
-Sing
My special defender. I found out online I had a huge weakness to special attackers(espically Porygon-z). So i threw in a fighting move to take care of Normal-type special attackers. I also Varied the normal blissey set-up as I used sing. I like to put my enemies in status trouble. So with the combo of sing/poison and a healing turn or attacking turn it seems to suit me very well. Plus Blissey has a nice HP(over 650) which is probably common.

Gengar@Life Orb
Levitate
Bashful
-Hidden Power(Fire I belive)
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Protect
My special attacker. Gengar usually is a decent revenge killer but I find out he gets knocked out pretty quick. which is fine by me because I only need him for one revenge kill. Not much else to say about him.

Dragonnite@Shell Bell
Inner Focus
Rash
-Thunderbolt
-Blizzard
-Dragon Dance
-Wing Attack
His role is to knockout or damage as many pokemon as possible. Once HE gets a dragon dance or two up he cane One or two hit KO almost any pokemon I belive. Also If i cn freeze a pokemon with blizzard that give me time to get another dragon dance or two up.

Salamance@Draco Plate
Intimidate
Sassy
-Dragon Pulse
-Aerial Ace
-Toxic
-Crunch
Ok. I used Draco Plate because I havent breeded one with dragon dance yet. So that powers up Gragon Pulse alittle. I also have toxic in there(as i mentioned my obsession with status problems). I like to keep bite as you never know who will be thrown out against a big guy like this. Would like a substitute move for aerial ace though.

Tyrainatar@?(maybe choice scarf?)
Sand Stream
Sassy
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang
-Crunch(should replace)
-Aerial ace(also want to replace with maybe swagger or something)
Not much tpo say about him. Just a physical attacker. I just use him in a bind and for nice coverage. Or possibly a staller.

Well thats the team. I know it needs alot of fixes but I am still new at this.. Thanks in advance...

Demitrius

Banned
Metagross@Quick Claw
Clear Body
Bashful
-Swagger
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Earthquake
Ok. My lead. His job is to Confuse,Stealth Rock,Poison rinse and repeat. I like the combo of confuse and poison. Has worked out well for me. It works great when Quick Claw lets me go first also.

Sorry but, no...Just no... This lead won't work against experienced players. Just use the standard Gross lead from Smogon. Also, Quick Claw is banned.

Metagross @ Occa Berry/Lefties
Adamant
EVs 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
Stealth Rock
Earthquake / Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Explosion

You'll get your rocks up which helps so much to get crucial KOs. Your choice on what you think you'll need for Gross, EQuake or MM. You can consider Iron Head over MM because of higher accuracy, but you lose out on some raw power. Bullet Punch picks off weakened foes, but you can replace with EQuake if you'd like, or even another move

Blissey@Oran Berry
Natural Cure
Impish
-Toxic
-Focus Blast
-Softboiled
-Sing
My special defender. I found out online I had a huge weakness to special attackers(espically Porygon-z). So i threw in a fighting move to take care of Normal-type special attackers. I also Varied the normal blissey set-up as I used sing. I like to put my enemies in status trouble. So with the combo of sing/poison and a healing turn or attacking turn it seems to suit me very well. Plus Blissey has a nice HP(over 650) which is probably common.

Oran Berry? No, that won't help at all. Use Lefties. Your set isn't good at all. Toxic is fine. Softboiled as well. Use a Calm nature as well, better yet. Use another Smogon set.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Calm
24 HP / 252 Def / 232 SpD

~ Wish
~ Protect / Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss / Flamethrower
~ Toxic

Wish helps to give recovery support to your other members, who would always appreciate the support. Protect gives you a turn to scout or to heal yourself with Wish without taking damage. Softboiled is really just for quick recover, but Protect is generally better. SToss gives a steady 100 HP damage while Flamethrower hits stuff like Scizor hard as well as other Pokemon with low base Sp.D for decent damage. Toxic is usually always on Blissey and helps to chip away at opponent's HP.

Gengar@Life Orb
Levitate
Bashful
-Hidden Power(Fire I belive)
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Protect
My special attacker. Gengar usually is a decent revenge killer but I find out he gets knocked out pretty quick. which is fine by me because I only need him for one revenge kill. Not much else to say about him.

Timid > Bashful

Set looks fine otherwise

Dragonnite@Shell Bell
Inner Focus
Rash
-Thunderbolt
-Blizzard
-Dragon Dance
-Wing Attack
His role is to knockout or damage as many pokemon as possible. Once HE gets a dragon dance or two up he cane One or two hit KO almost any pokemon I belive. Also If i can freeze a pokemon with blizzard that give me time to get another dragon dance or two up.

Again, no. Life Orb/Lefties/Lum Berry are all better items. Wing Attack is a horrid move. And your only Physical move, so why use DD? Since you are new, Smogon sets are great until you can posibly come up with your own, though even experienced players use Smogon sets. If you want to use DD, use this set:

Dragonite @ Life Orb / Lum Berry / Yache Berry
Adamant / Jolly
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch / Fire Blast

DD for obvious reasons. Outrage is great STAB and helps you kill stuff late game. EQuake is great coverage, while Fire Punch and/or Fire Blast hits Skarm who would otherwise wall you.

Salamance@Draco Plate
Intimidate
Sassy
-Dragon Pulse
-Aerial Ace
-Toxic
-Crunch
Ok. I used Draco Plate because I havent breeded one with dragon dance yet. So that powers up Dragon Pulse alittle. I also have toxic in there(as i mentioned my obsession with status problems). I like to keep bite as you never know who will be thrown out against a big guy like this. Would like a substitute move for aerial ace though.

Uhh....This set is also fail. Since you don't have DD, just use Mixmence.

Salamence@ Life Orb
Naive
16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw

DMeteor wrecks anything that doesn't resist it, and Blissey. EQuake for Coverage, fire moves for Skarm who would otherwise wall this set. Flamethrower or Fireblast is dependant on what you prefer, power or accuracy. Same with the last slot, only if you prefer power or spamage. Outrage is powerful, but leaves you locked into othe move, which can give your opponent a chance to set up on you. DClaw is weaker, but you won't be trapped into the move.

Tyrainatar@?(maybe choice scarf?)
Sand Stream
Sassy
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang
-Crunch(should replace)
-Aerial ace(also want to replace with maybe swagger or something)
Not much tpo say about him. Just a physical attacker. I just use him in a bind and for nice coverage. Or possibly a staller.

ScarfTar is a fine Pokemon. Crunch is great on TTar, not AA. Here is the Smogon Choice Scarf set

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Earthquake / Superpower

SE and Crunch are both Powerful STAB, Pursuit if you expect a switch, though you can replace with another move such as Aqua Tail or Fire Punch maybe. EQuake and SP both get pretty good coverage and its basically your choice.

Comments in Bold

I suggest reading some articles on Smogon before making another team. But I hope my suggestions helped.

Last edited:

willyb13

Dragon Trainer
I lol'd. Very hard.

-SuperGamer-If your just going to insult me.. Why post.. Read the rules man. I didnt post anything saying Im new.. Come laugh at my attempt to make a team.. did i?

-eeveeskitty-Yeah i probably have been lurking in a few of the wrong places.. I will be viewing even more cuz I prolly havent quite got it down. But i wanted to work woth a team that plays off status trouble.

-Demitrius-I appreciate the help. I wanted a DD Dragonite and will switch that out. I used Shell bell because it has the same basic effects as lefties right? But I am currently switching this up as you have commented. I wont really post another team until I get my eevee trained team up. And i will use smogon sets as u suggested. Thx for the help and not just laughung..

CreepacisT

Upcoming WiFi GOD
I'd lurk around a bit more.
For now, when you make a team only use smogon sets. :p

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
*thought this had been locked*

Sorry, but this needs EVs... Also, it's not really competitively viable. Please check Smogon for more viable sets. Natures like Bashful are no good, and you need to make sure your IVs are as perfect as possible -- because team raters will assume they are. I recommend lurking a bit more and revising the rules. :) Don't forget you can make use of the Ask a Question thread too! We also have guides in the archive, and there are articles on Smogon too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.